Can you inherit crptyo wallets?

what will happen if the only holders of major wallets die without an heir? will large amounts of currency be lost forever?

Duh

which part

Everything? Of course they're lost if the owner didn't share the key with anyone.

you would still be a nocoiner

Yeah, unless you share the wallet, that's pretty much gone. Your heirs aren't going to be able to pull your keys out of your ass unless you left access somewhere.

what does this Mean for bitcoin?

>Your heirs aren't going to be able to pull your keys out of your ass

what do you mean man? a true coiners keeps his keys and backups up his ass at all times

in the future, could a secondary industry of data salvaging emerge due to coin scarcity?

Now you understand why you need to have as much bitcoin as possible.
Not only is the supply limited, it can only keep getting scarcer.

It means that if you went psychotic and searched out every bitcoin owner in the world and killed them, you could lock up the majority of bitcoins forever!!!

Seriously what the FUCK are you asking about i swear u fucfkming gnigerasy

Unless you have a quantum computer that hacks their private keys, nope, you can't coins from "lost" wallets.

the ability for commodities to pass generationally is incredibly important for the commodity form - without that ability, will coins become exponentially more scarces with each generation? can legal wills bequeath keys perhaps?

Ive already half-jokingly thought about doing that currently. Partner up with some electronics recycling waste site so I can pull hard drives and scan for wallet.dat or other coin related stuff before they sent them to the crusher

almost definitely, they already exist to a degree

is it possible for access currency to be permanently lost after many failed inheritances?

access to a*

what if i do have a quantum computer?

since transactions must be verified by miners and the computations are exponentially more complex, will coins eventually become unminable - and thus untransferrable?

blese helb

the answer to your concerns is that they would just "ChANgE tHe PrOtoCoL" and be forced to adapt to some type of PoS scheme but it would take years to implement the changes and it would be riddled with dozens of contentious forks and it would just implode while cultists pump the original to the sky, sacrificing an unfortunate altcoiner captured by their hit squads in the center of a pentagram to make bitcoin moon, then doom, then moon again, then finally doom down to zero. It would be very painful, for you.

There was some ICO that tried to solve that problem for Ethereum, I don't remember which one.

The solution is basically to create a smart contract in which if a certain amount of time passes during which your address hasn't had any activity (the time period you choose by yourself of course - but let's say 10 years) then the coins from that address will be automatically sent to another address of your choosing. And ideally this forwarding address is the one which you have shared with your inheritors.

I don't know how to fix it for Bitcoin though.
Honestly I don't see how cryptocurrencies could ever become mass adopted if everything gets lost when a coiner dies.

also this + you could have a dead man's trigger smart contract that if there were no transactions on your hot wallet for x amount of time and you had not changed to a different wallet, or it would use some other kind of trusted service to do it via email or other means