EDH/Commander General

Pay your taxes edition.

Last thread: RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

>CARD SEARCHING

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface
magiccards.info

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/mizzix-grand-buyout/
youtube.com/watch?v=N4bSBLctK0g
youtube.com/watch?v=PGNiXGX2nLU
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/welcome-to-die-magnetomemnarch-edh/
youtube.com/watch?v=gjuWKAMAlQU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Post 'em.

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/mizzix-grand-buyout/
no idea what to take out could use some feedback

I dunno if Kambal is good as a commander, but damn if he's not gonna be amazing as one of the 99 in Karlov

Would he be good in a Orzhov taxes deck? He seems less useful than Ayli, but I really do like the constant drain you get just by having him on board.

As a commander, I mean.

I think he'd actually be pretty good, if you take that Black Gearhulk you can use him to line up a shot with the Reservoir by blinking the Gearhulk.

People are underestimating this guy. He'd be a great aggro and politics commander. Play a lot of political cards, have some ways to use all the extra life as a resource, play some staxy stuff like kataki/thalia/ect to deal with the unfair decks, and don't make the wrong enemies, and this would definitely be a strong deck.

What does the Selenia deck look like?

I want to use Kambal to make a "Fuck you for playing the game" deck. Just extreme punishment if my opponents do absolutely anything.

Cut all the creatures. Add Proteus Staff.

Honestly, I could see him being played in Legacy, so if he's cheap on release I'd recommend grabbing a copy or two regardless of wether you want to make a deck with him, just because he's great utility.

What's a good Stand name for Nekusar?
I want to name my decks like stands, starting with the one I already have.

>being a ruthless dictator with Hidetsugu
>anyone so much as looks at me funny and I drop a nuke on the table
This is impossibly fun.

>RW

Lifeswap and alt-wincons like Test of Endurance, Triskaidekaphobia, Near-Death Experience, etc.

I am going to build with green for the first time. But I have no idea which commander to build. I have it down to:
>Edric
>Yisan
>Shattergang
>Yasova

I'm gravitating towards something that promotes politics, because a lot of my past decks have had the "don't touch my stuff" attitude. Who is best for this that involves green? Other suggestions are welcome

JESUS TAKE THE WHEEL

No idea what you're talking about

Build The Great Snake Mistake

Edric and Yisan draw hate like nobody's business. If you want to show a bit of generosity while still getting the most benefit from it maybe try Selvala, Explorer Returned.

Which commander is best for encouraging table politics in a Gxx color identity?

C O N V O Y

>Stand names
explain this meme.

youtube.com/watch?v=N4bSBLctK0g

Shattergang is fun. Run all the Jund colored curse enchantments and act like a mob boss by getting rid of them in exchange for favors

Wheel in the Sky

But he doesn't have flying

gA names all his decks after Stands a la JoJo's Bizarre Adventure and it's caught on with other /edh/ anons

The following is a basic strategy for them all

>Edric
Everyone kill each other, you get cards for it
Armsdealer/Small evasive dudes

>Yisan
Tutor up whatever you want and win
Common complaint is tutoring up the same thing win every game

>Shattergang
I don't want anyone to have anything
Recursion is good

>Yasova
Part Voltron, part Act of Treason, part Sac creatures for value

> after Stands
You mean after song/band titles.

Gahiji

He's also not a wheel

Yeah that

it can be both, as even someone who's never seen Jojo's knows.

Even more reason to go with

Since he's already a zombie wizard

youtube.com/watch?v=PGNiXGX2nLU

Oh man we might have a winner here. Too bad that new Goad mechanic is only on a few cards.

Fuck, now you got me looking for songs that fit my generals. ROBOT HOUSE!

Fumiko the Lowblood & Grand Melee & Basandra Battle Seraph

You know what would be really fun with Goad?
Assault Suit

what do you mean "encourages politics" ??

Don't really see how that's the commander's role, politics is just whiny pieces of shit teaming up against people they don't like, you can do that with any commander

Mind posting the Tasigur deck? I'm trying to come to grips with how to build him.

>t. Espermage no. 41039

I don't really follow the meta for MTG anymore outside occasionally peeking in on threads on /tg./ Is Greater Good considered a green EDH staple?

dont forget Rite of the Raging Storm!

Collusion. "You scratch my back, I'll scratch yours" kind of stuff. Making deals for favors and then stabbing people in the back. Shit-talking people into making mistakes.

Y'know, the fun stuff

Also, War's Toll

>Armsdealer
What's this? Do you mean the card draw?

If you are playing some sort of dredge.
otherwise green staples that come to my mind would be Craterhoof Behemoth, doubling season, any ramp spell, burgeoning

Card draw yes
But you can also give your opponents things to hit each other with and find ways to discourage hitting you. Second part is a bit more difficult to do outside of Red/White but in G/U I'm sure you can find some ideas.

I still don't see what that has to do with your commander, as long as your deck has some amount of removal/counterspells or other targeted disruption of some kind, you can be a fag and not remove your friends stuff because you made an alliance

What sites does /EDH/ use to order cards online? A friend suggested TCGPlayer but they don't take discover and I don't want to get another credit card just to buy cardboard

JESUS, TAKE THE WHEEL
DRAW ANOTHER HAND
'CAUSE I'M PLAYING NEKUSAR
Throw around some Commanders, maybe we can find fitting songs.

Use your debit?

Anyone else run Grenzo, Havoc Raiser?

I just cracked one, and I've been tinkering with a goblin deck for a while. Is it worth it to build, or should I just grab zada/krenko and stash him in the 99?

>All legendary seem to be cheerful and happy women fighting the establisment
>First legendary man is an evil ruler
mmmm...

Just order from Starcity

t. jewish man

Is he evil? Or just stern, with a thankless station in life (think tax collector)

I'm hoping beyond hope they go full circle with this and finally break the stupidity of angel/demon monogenders. It has to trigger some group on tumblr.

Hey, buddy, I think you got the wrong door. /hm/'s two blocks down.

FUQ U!

He's a corrupt diplomat.

Right, because they'll print a Woman as a Demon that does bad things and a Man as an Angel that helps people.
Which do you think will trigger more people?

Do they even fuck at the end of that viedo. I know they wrastle but I've never seen the full thing.

do you have a link to it?

I'm more hoping they'll put shirtless steel codpiece dudes on cards

He's just looking out for number 1, he's prolly got a wife and kids, college to fund, what kind of father would turn down a chance to build wealth for his family?

Just a coincidence, user

>Right, because they'll print a Woman as a Demon that does bad things
Seriously. When was the last time Wizards printed a female who was in any way morally ambiguous, let alone as the BBEG of a set? Fucking SJW pandering faggots.

Kiora was an asshole too, haha.

Nahiri wasn't morally ambiguous; she was just terribly written. Like everything these days.

I was calling her the BBEG of the set, which she kind of was. The antagonist at least. Her methods were certainly questionable at best.
What about a woman angel that does bad things? Surely that would never happen, right?

Emrakul is chick too, huh, really fires my neurons

In the 99 with Krenko
Get him out with gloves of double effects. Ping to goad the enemy and exile their libraries

Emrakul had no gender. Female was just the best way to describe it.

Not by her own volition

I remember the vast majority, one could even say literally everybody, of females players in my town siding with Nahiri and unironically thinking she's the good one.

>playing RW in a format that's anti-boardstate
Explain

I'm not even annoyed by the female-male ratio of good and bads. Hell, I won't even say that it's pandering, since Wizards is in Seattle and that area is full of pussies who chant muh equality like a gospel.

I'm more annoyed by how they're constantly bringing attention to that shit like it's some sort of accomplishment. In this case, though, user's the huge fucking faggot for even bringing it up.

Use Avacyn as your commander.

like my ex wife

Exactly, just like Sandra.

user, I think he was disparaging RW with a pic of Maro showing how he laughs at RW players

Let me know what you think of Magneto. It's pretty standard fare, but I've thrown in a few from the new set to test out.

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/welcome-to-die-magnetomemnarch-edh/

Something about that artwork makes it look like a shitty custom. Like, it just clashes so much with the frame.

Jeez, all two of them? I smell a conspiracy. I bet those feminazis are dropping estrogen into the local water supply.

2RWW
Legendary Creature - _____
3/5
Banding, Protection from artifacts you don't control

Would you play it? Would Maro allow it?

youtube.com/watch?v=gjuWKAMAlQU

>Banding

>not wanting to royally fuck over every faggot who cheats Blightseel into play turn 3

>T3 Blightsteel
I'm sure this is possible but you'd have to have one hell of a nut draw for it

Swamp+Entomb + Reanimate
Just as common as the ol' solring+signet T1

user, you might need to go back to school for a bit.

>Reanimate
You mean Shallow Grave?

Yeah that'd be insane:

T1 Land/Sol ring
T2 Metalworker
T3 Activate solring: reveal 6 artifacts, cast blightsteel for free.

:^)

Pray, enlighten me