Why magic inevitable result in breeding things together that shouldn't breed...

Why magic inevitable result in breeding things together that shouldn't breed? After mastering the cosmos do wizards just run out of purpose and decide to cast love spells on random things moving about outside their tower window?

First off, yes totally, if I ever got cosmic power I am sure that at some point in my long life I would just go around fucking with the natural order of things. Plus it's a great way to spice up random encounters in the vicinity of a wizard tower. Take two animals common to the area and mash them together, they don't even need to be threatening.

Secondly, are you implying that that crocodile and wildebeest are about to fuck due to the meddling of some local wizard?

Yes

Sometimes you just want to see what happens when you combine a bear and a shark

Can't you see the terror in the wildebeest eyes? Its gonna get enriched.

Basically primitive Resurrection spells can lead to various traits of the resurrected creature mixing with elements from other nearby dead creatures.

So when a primeval druid is asked by a crying little girl from one of the local tribes to bring her pet owl back to life, he maybe didn't check whether there was a dying bear nearby when he tried to bring an owl back for the first time in history.

this is also why Druids aren't allowed necromantic spells in general any more.

That reminds me of the song The Essential Salts by Nile.

Angry white boy music is P gud for fantasy worldbuilding inspiration.

Magic has nothing to do with it. Humans do that out of fascination already. Some Soviet Scientist paid some African chicks to fuck chimpanzees to see if she would give birth to anything. We've tried breeding just about everything that looks similar together with various results. Ligers exist for a reason.

Holy mother fucking shit the size of that croc.

Because they want to make something new but lack the creativity to make it from scratch, so instead just fuse together the two coolest things they can find

There was a video game that revolved entirely around creating hybrid abominations against nature. It wasn't exactly a blockbuster success, but what modest success it did manage to scrape out was pretty much entirely due to that premise (it was the crappy gameplay that held it back).

Conclusion: Of course a wizard with the means to do so would create weird hybrids for shits and giggles. It's just human nature.

This.

People like to screw around with nature, do stuff just to see if it can be done, and generally do weird shit for for the LULs.

Magic just dials it up to 11.

Dragons can do this simply by their vary nature. I'm surprised they don't feature something where a forest area inhabited by a dragon isn't full of half dragon/dragon-blooded monstrosities simply because the dragon got bored and started fucking everything that was alive and had a hole to stick it's dick in.

Granted, I used this to come up with half dragon wolves that were dscended from a paranoid Green Dragon to act as loyal soldiers.

Fusing two awesome things together is better than creativity anyways. If you make something totally unique, you have to spend a lot of time explaining it to people. Or you can just say "sharknado" and watch them lose their shit.

I remember playing that.
Everything is part whale for whale size bonuses.

>Some Soviet Scientist paid some African chicks to fuck chimpanzees to see if she would give birth to anything.

How would you even notice?

/thread

I thought it was a soviet woman who volunteered to do that? But then how can you pass up the jokes it inspires?

The size bonus mechanics were ridiculous. Pretty much if you combined something tiny with something huge you were guaranteed to get something crazy strong.

My favorite combo was always elephant + lobster. Amphibious, tanky as fuck, and pretty solid attacks to boot.