Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Friendly reminder to tell us what 3pp your game allows if you need character building help.

Has your party ever run into a major summoning of a demon?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/iYhDNSTq

Psionics Augmented: Psychic Warriors playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1dX4UYdtwTQKhY71Q45IHLtcu193zq1ZO5jHQ5_PnTl8/edit

Bloodforge: Infusions playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1GvwMclLSw15slYI7D5xLdjMzr-Nau92hNha9Sx0LOk4/edit

Legendary Vigilantes playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1Hrk1hl8uXVHazaiPOCvWsFUHX3PB6fQVd13tzguJTgE/edit

Old thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/1W3LrE8WyIxxYRr8d9dHsWioeUk_-HZaSMqVWRnzc9Fc/edit?usp=sharing
docs.google.com/document/d/17MgoXvdcJOIB7C5P3rXFRTLNTi64jqw4zVdqX-cUFSQ/edit?usp=sharing
docs.google.com/document/d/10i0sPMcmX8IUrEatDH24L6m-L9xnFIJOpTvjX6fToUU/edit?usp=sharing
docs.google.com/document/d/1Am0c0yChb7-ZlvGvlrSI01YTprhJJjlWWnL2VvQpFVI/edit?usp=drive_web
archivesofnethys.com/MagicJujuFetishes.aspx)
youtube.com/watch?v=k8ws_APXilE
lrgg.wikia.com/wiki/Arma
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I want to marry a Lunar Oracle.

What did that melon do to deserve brutal murder via demon?

Is that some sort of watermelon-splitting going on in that picture? Does the Abyss have red watermelons?

Reposing from last thread

So, update from my end folks. Been grappling with terrible writer's block lately, and after long periods of time staring at blank documents and hating myself, I decided that sanity is for the weak and wrote a base class to try and break my way through it.

And now the bossman has an interest in that class, so I'm announcing the beginning of formal playtesting for the Malefex, hopefully to see an October release!

docs.google.com/document/d/1W3LrE8WyIxxYRr8d9dHsWioeUk_-HZaSMqVWRnzc9Fc/edit?usp=sharing

Malefexes are curse-themed skillmonkeys with a strong 'street smarts' subtheme. They're big on the idea of learning from experience, the competitive urge, and the connections you make with others through hostility or rivalry.

As always, this is a live document and subject to change without warning.

Still on the agenda is writing more malefactions at all levels, getting archetype ideas that I don't immediately hate, and testing some of the abilities that have proven currently controversial (including Skin Of My Teeth).

We didn't run into a demon summoning, but one of our party members did release a demon from a binding. We need to get around to killing that thing eventually...

You awaken to the sound of panic and frantic footsteps. You see the crew of the ship on which you've boarded passage, preparing for battle. Upon reaching the deck you look over the port-side bow, and see a ship approaching. A chill shoots up your spine when you see that its crew is made up entirely of....

Ignore that reply marker :\

It's a blood-shard.
Setting specific.

Howdy all, that one homebrewer user again

Still looking for Critique/criticism/comments on the Platinum Gestalt
docs.google.com/document/d/17MgoXvdcJOIB7C5P3rXFRTLNTi64jqw4zVdqX-cUFSQ/edit?usp=sharing

Also, for people who want the other homebrews, before you ask for them, consult this doc
docs.google.com/document/d/10i0sPMcmX8IUrEatDH24L6m-L9xnFIJOpTvjX6fToUU/edit?usp=sharing

Once again, please don't be afraid to completely RIP AND TEAR and be as honestly harsh as possible in the critique.

How does this make you feel?

>made up entirely of...

Gareth?

I have a problem with wrack being always on using the Malefactions that have no saves like Censure: Succor. Though an extra couple d4s isn't a ton of extra damage it adds up.

>its crew is made up entirely of...

MERROWS!

MAN THE CANNONS, KILL THEM NOW!

>crew is made up entirely of....
Swashbucklers
Party will thank you for the free experience

Pic related.

Hrm. Wrack's math is an ongoing thing for me; some folks feel it's low, others felt d4 on SA progression was too high. I'll keep an eye on it.

Cannons.

The entire crew are animated cannons.

maybe make it slower progress but use a d6. I hate rolling d4s fiddly little bastards.

Speaking of animated objects, they're not used nearly enough.

What are other good ways to incorporate animated objects into settings?

Yeah, because NPCs operate off the same expectations as PCs.

Hope you enjoy all those Precise Strikes.

If my group is anything to go by, Lolis

Maybe make it a static modifier, like getting DEX to damage or getting to treat your weapon as if you were two-handing it instead of one-handing it (since you gotta keep a hand free for your somatic components)?

>Interdiction: Sorcery
I've wanted something like Guild Wars 1 backfire for a while. This is neat.

>Hope you enjoy all those Precise Strikes
and I hope they enjoy the Magus's shocking grasp, a Barbarian tanking then outdamaging them with a greatsword, and the Bard doing both buffs and CC on their assess.

Oh yeah I'm so impressed.

>. At fifteenth level she may choose to learn Gaesa, and at twentieth level she may select a Malediction.

I think this may be either some mistyping or a typo

What typo?

How about this then?
docs.google.com/document/d/1Am0c0yChb7-ZlvGvlrSI01YTprhJJjlWWnL2VvQpFVI/edit?usp=drive_web

Okay genius, tell me, what advantage do Swashbucklers have over a full party of T4-3 classes? Or are you just baiting?

Bad Penny could probably use some work. What happens if the item is broken? Is it still one item or does it become however many pieces it is not in?

What if it's destroyed by some other means (like disintegrate) and you still try to summon it? Corpses are objects, aren't they? What if I make a corpse my penny and have the corpse raised?

What if I have as my penny, say, a lump of metal that gets forged into multiple different things?

What if, say, I pick a weapon and then the party wizard uses it as the target for Emblem of Greed?

I like the idea of it but on the whole it seems like it has problems. I'm also iffy on the fact that you can make your item something valuable, then sell or trade it off, and simply recall it. I know the GM could use that as a plot hook but I don't like the idea of having to balance it that way.

The fact that it was talking about a 15th level ability in a list before a 12th level ability, meaning either the abilities are out of order, the numbering is out of order, or something like that.

Commenting as I read:
I think Bitter Experience making things with no save have a flat save DC of 20 makes the problem swing in the other direction: I don't know if any higher level word trigger spells exist, but the fact that they go from very strong effects for their level due to no initial save to potentially weaker effects for their level due to other spells having a higher DC now feels weird. Maybe it's okay? Maybe it's not.

Know It All could as read raise your ranks in a knowledge skill past the limit if you already had ranks invested in it.

Skin of My Teeth does feel a bit too strong. That's almost paladin level saves, considering Will is already wisdom.
Having something that boosts fortitude that much doesn't fit thematically, either. If you feel they really need the good Fort, tying the boost to something more situational like Schadenfreude activating is a step in the right direction.

The Boogeyman's trick has great flavor, I like it even though it's just a ribbon.

I'm saying they serve a different function as an enemy as to a PC, you goit.

PCs are less likely to have immunity to precision damage, and Precise Strike is a very nice damage boost. Plus, PCs are far more concerned with survival than NPCs are.

Name a spell that is more useful and also more situationally hilarious than Paladin's Sacrifice

It says twentieth level, user. Not twelfth.

Soften Earth and Stone

So underrated.

Wish.

So, as soon as Paladin's Sacrifice is cast, you drop the protected person off the nearest cliff, and get two kills?

What if the Paladin is immune to fall damage, do their bones still shatter?

>situational hilarious

you can use Soften Earth and Stone to destroy castles, if used appropriately.

Hey have you ever been the odd guy out?
Everyone else has some shit to do and going on their own little mini adventure in the "magical floating city located between planes" and you're just sitting quietly for over an hour?

Okay so we're in this place bit of a political discourse going on between two factions. "The Keepers" and "The Arch Mages" We came there to warn them about one of their ancient creations coming back to this place to destroy them.

The Keepers are vampires but they're good vampires apparently..

One character is the mind controlled slut of one of their other creations and is trying to "smash her urn of creation to unleash her full power"

So, when we were sleeping one night one party member decided to go about it himself and throw himself to the Keepers saying he needed power to keep this magic floating city safe.
Not only that but he had a plot hook with seeing a spirit of his ancestor to tell him about the status of his father and fiance.

One party member is now stabbing us in the back by telling the rival faction everything... Because player above became a vampire.

Finally we have the oracle. Who is actually a good character who is empowered by a douche bag fey who surprise surprise is imprisoned underneath this floating city. Now the oracle must figure out a way to trick the party into freeing him without actually mentioning it to them. (Oracle stuff)

>Embargo: Alacrity
Jesus christ, this kills a few classes if they fail the save. Harbingers and warlords stop being able to recover things ever, all initiators can't counter or boost, some firearm users can't reload, and a bunch of other things. Shuts down other Malefexes, too.
Essentially a save or suck for them.

Maybe make it so something under this effect can use up their move action to do anything they could with a swift? Still crippling, but not completely shut down.

>Cleansing flame
Does this make an immune enemy both resistant and vulnerable to the same element? Mechanically it works, but is it intended?

>Infirmity
Worries me a bit because I've made characters with dump stats of 6 or below before, this also becomes a save or lose for things like that, especially when it lasts the whole battle, and I don't think it can even be healed by things that heal ability damage.
It would feel a bit better if it couldn't penalize a score to below 1, if its save or lose potential isn't intended.

>Oath of Exile
Pick positive energy plane, Save-or-die about everything. I guess this one is more intended.

>Wrack and Ruin
Strange that they get this feat but no malediction that bypasses bleed immunity.

I'm making a Juju oracle, dm and I are tweaking the Craft Juju Fetish a bit.
Original:
Craft Juju Fetish (Ex): You can craft juju fetishes as if you possessed theCraft Wondrous Itemfeat. All juju fetishes you create are treated as being CL +1. If you possess this revelation andCraft Wondrous Item, all juju fetishes you create are treated as being CL +2.
Changes to:
You gain Craft Wondrous Item feat, and craft juju fetishes at +2 CL.

The issue we're mulling over is what a Juju fetish is. There were only 5 examples ever given (archivesofnethys.com/MagicJujuFetishes.aspx) and Ganji Dolls were reprinted in occult adventures as same stats and costs but permanent.
Thinking about making juju fetishes all have fragile quality and a non-permanent existence for x% discount on creation cost? Maybe only fragile quality? Not really sure.
Any advice/thoughts?

fragile but permanent seems good.

The idea that every single Malefaction is resisted by a will save does make sense thematically, but leads to kind of polarising rock-paper-scissors situations.
Enemies with very high will saves just laugh at the malefex and ignore it, and enemies with weak will saves are just fucked repeatedly more than having a weak will save already fucks you.

>mind controlled slut
what

The name is awful, they still should not have the Arcanist's progression or spell list, and they should have something else to the class, because honestly, it is a couple levels of dipping.
It also needs a sidebar on how it's progression deals with multiclassing.

You have a weird situation that demands story time.

Playtest update

>Talented Tactician's analysis has been updated
>New TT talent, Canny Defense
>New TT talent, Int to damage with weapons as long as they're holding their spellbook (kinda feel this is a little weak, would full out precise strike be too good here?)
>Over Analysis made into a feat
>Improved Familiar made into a general vigilante talent (they keep speak with animals of its own kind, making it boss for archetypes)

Still have questions about if the symbiotic slayer effectively having 50% extra hit points is balanced out by them having a vulnerability to an element, but I think the talented tactician really came into its own in these last few round of changes.

>Canny defence could have been a general talent that used Cha instead of Int, but could be swapped via Genius/Wise Vigilante
>It can't be a general talent anymore because Noble Soul and Dread exist

So close to The Dream.

Where do you lot go for urban environment maps?

Post a youtube video that describes your character
youtube.com/watch?v=k8ws_APXilE

What a turboslutmage.

>A chill shoots up your spine when you see that its crew is made up entirely of....

/pfg/ players who are all playing kitsune trap boys.

A sad day, indeed.

I'm hoping that the spellcasting for the TT is more clear now, it's basically an arcanist with the magus list, which is one of my fave things about it.

Why you gotta be like this?

Something else will shoot up a different body part if I saw that crew

>9th level casting
>6th level maneuvers
>Scribe Maneuver

Into the trash it goes.

TO be fair man, that's a pretty damn turboslut outfit.

ITT people can't detect satire

...It's satire, right?

You find a Belt of Giant Strength +4 and put it on, and then you get genderswapped.
What does your character do?

Abandon whatever I was doing and instantly become a turboslut.

That's what people do in these sort of bland, blatantly fetishistic scenarios, right?

But she's a slut for one man!

For the Plague Scion, is there any chance they could get an ability that lets them "infect" an object causing the next person(s) to come into contact with it to save or be infected with their sickness?

That seems like something that they should be capable of (handing someone a blanket corrupted by their disease or diseases a pot of food before someone eats it), but right now their methods of infecting people tend to be more "brute force" than subtle.

You must be a riot at your sessions

There's no reason not to become a turboslut if you can be one, so yes.

But I've already got a +4 Belt.

I guess my character becomes Brunhilda, the mightiest Ulfen south of the Ironbound Islands!

Genderswap is worth maybe a chuckle or three before figuring out how to fix it.

That curse is a detour, not a plot development, it's the filler of an anime season.

>Genderswap is worth maybe a chuckle or three before figuring out how to fix it

I wish my group thought like you.

What does 1pp and 3pp stand for?

What page in the rulebook tells me what all the parts of the character sheet do and how to fill them in?

You can swap genders with alter self, not like this is something super unique to items. By 5th level, you can extend alter self to 10 minutes with metamagic without any kind of other CL boosters, and it just be me, but I can do anything I'd do as another gender in 10 minutes.

>"Again!?"
>"Hey, I didn't do it this time!"
>"Well who else does this kind of thing, Wizard? Who else does this?"

>I can do anything I'd do as another gender in 10 minutes.

Am I the only one that's come to despise the idea that Wizards are insane sociopaths?

most bad guys are insane sociopaths, wizards just get the spotlight because of their capabilities

Roland gunslinger here:

Trench Fighter 3 Is allowed. Also I have 1.5 WBL to use.

My current plan was to dual-wield revolvers. Apart from spending 4+ feats or some class levels it doesn't' look like I will be able to have fully continuous fire, but I think I am ok with spending 1 turn ever 3 reloading my guns. I was thinking of making the 12 shots I have really count.

My current feats:
1: Rapid Reload, point-blank shot, Precise shot
2: Two weapon fighting
3: Weapon focus
4: Weapon specialization
5: Quick draw
6: improved two weapon fighting
7: ?
8: Greater weapon focus
9: ?
10: ?
11: Greater Two Weapon Fighting
12: Greater weapon specialization
13: Improved Precise shot

What do you think?

1st party publisher (Paizo)
3rd party publisher (Everyone else)

>mfw there are people right now IN THIS THREAD who have played with the kind of people who would get legit upset with a gender or bodyswap scenario
>not reasonably uncomfortable, but a full on fit of rage that someone would dare do such a thing
>mfw they also tend to refuse to acknowledge that it costs barely anything to undo, and is a mild inconvenience at best

I'm playing a paranoid paladin and just found out that a party member is evil. I found this out out of character. My character was planning on smacking someone with smite evil to discern their alignment. I don't normally have detect evil cause of the archetype and I was wondering if A) The ring of mind shielding would protect against that ( My guess is no) and B) Does this seem unfair. I was playing the paladin before he made the evil character and my character would not allow any "Taint" in his flock of sheep.

Probably have a blast playing out reactions to it and low-level dysphoria until the curse gets removed.

bait

Ditch gtwf in favor of rapid shot

+1 attack at highest bonus and -2 to every attack is better than one more attack at -10

To be fair, genderswapping is both an incredible IC shop that rails incessantly against your sense of identity (a linchpin to your sanity) and OOC treads incredibly close to forcing changes to a core pc concept that is asinine at best. It mightily infringes on player agency in a way that is fundamentally disturbing, not to characters, but to players.
Stop it, you dolt. If you had no reason to suspect before, and you traded away detect evil like a dunce AND never put it on your spell list, then you are obligated to continue as you have prior.
You clearly didn't suspect the character, or you wouldn't have to be justifying your blatantly metagaming bullshit to yourself and others.

>To be fair, genderswapping is both an incredible IC shop that rails incessantly against your sense of identity (a linchpin to your sanity) and OOC treads incredibly close to forcing changes to a core pc concept that is asinine at best. It mightily infringes on player agency in a way that is fundamentally disturbing, not to characters, but to players.

Yeah, that's a fair point. I feel like genderswapping, overall, is a thing that's gonna be group-dependent. Some groups and players will be all for it, some will be hurt because it fucks with their fun in a very vulnerable way.

It's like targeting someone's items. It's not the norm, it's not expected, and it hurts more than targeting a character.

My character checks everyone by smiting on them and beating them to check if he gets a bonus or not. (He doesn't know that yet because I have done it in private so far)

>My character checks everyone by smiting on them and beating them to check if he gets a bonus or not. (He doesn't know that yet because I have done it in private so far)
Kill yourself.

Yeah she's basically charmed to do her bidding.
She mentally communicates to her. She's one of the 101 Kauravas.... I'll explain what that is in the reply below.

Well a long time ago this place that I mentioned was part of Golarion and they created beings known as the Kauravas (there are 101 in total.)

They were created in urns and breaking the urn unleashes the true strength of the Kaurava born from it originally. (Originally they were at their true strengths but the original arch mages enchanted their urns for the sake of irony I guess?)

After which they teleported their city to some place between planes of existence.

You stole my words, wizard.

I demand you cease this at once.

That said...
What the fuck is wrong with you? Is this bait? Please be bait...

see
How do you use a very limited resource like Smite marks to check "everyone"?
You don't, you haven't, you are fishing for a reason to do this.
No, you chump, stop it. You are doing dumb shit and you plan to do dumber shit, and when the table calls you out, you will inevitably bleat "it's what my pc would do!" as tho it is a defense.

First and last point: You HAVEN'T DONE THIS TO THE PC IN QUESTION ALREADY. Which means you had no reason to suspect him before, and no reason to suspect him now or later on.

>my character would not allow any "Taint" in his flock of sheep.
You are not the main character of the game. The other PC's aren't one of your followers, they're your teammates. You should probably start acting like a team member and stop metagaming to pick fights.

He's being introduced next session.

No excuses.

You're everything that everyone hates in a player, if you're legitimately going to be like that.

Don't be That Guy.

>use one of the precious smites on random pc
>smite in no way tells you what you are dealing with, it is expressly shown that you can declare smite on anything
>cheerfully willing to metagame
Kill yurself, my man.
Also, .

Wasn't the paladin in Order of the Stick able to tell someone wasn't evil because their smite didn't 'work' against them?

That is order of the stick, a parody webcomic.
It means nothing in this situation.

Biggest problem:
You finally get to the bridge and one of them's an Arma.

One of the cannons is actually *hot*

Where are Arma from? I noticed an fcb for them in gonzo, but I have no clue where to find them.

I can never remember which book it is but here
lrgg.wikia.com/wiki/Arma

>lrgg.wikia.com/wiki/Arma
What would a cannon arma look like?

I'm imagining a BBW black trap for some reason.