Warhamer 40k General

Post n' run Edition

>Rules databases
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

>FAQ’s and Errata (outdated but official)
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s).
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

> The Black Library
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

Other urls found in this thread:

40kchaosareshit.blogspot.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

First for Traitors hate aint so bad

Haters gonna trait.

It ain't "bad", it's just like pissing in the sea.

The CSM just need a supplement like the angels of death for all the legions. That shouldn't be that fucking hard to make.
Instead we get the exact same psychic powers as SM and a few formations.

Listen up Chaosfags, I've been working on a Chaos blog so you can stop shitting up Veeky Forums with your shit. Send in your lists, stupid questions, and check out the tactica. I've got the CSM codex so far and will be starting on Traitors hate shortly with Daemons and KDK not too far off. You see a lost Chaosfag, send em my way.

asking again because thread got lost in the warp
rate my beginners skitarii list

Battle Maniple (850pts)
>1x Ironstrider Ballistarius
Autocannon
>1x Onager Dunecrawler
Neutron Laser
>5x Sicarian Infiltrators
Flechette Blasters and Taser Goads, Princeps has Conversion Field, Phase Taser
>5x Sicarian Ruststalkers
Transonic razors, Chordclaws, Princeps has Dataspike and Omniscient Mask
>5x Skitarii Rangers
Omnispex, 2x Transuranic arquebus
10x Skitarii Vanguard
3x Arc rifle, Alpha has Conversion Field

40kchaosareshit.blogspot.com/

>Finally get good Powers (even if they are pasta)
>Okay formations
>Good decurion
>Nice cover
Guess you just cant be happy hay
GW has made it clear: the legions aren't a thing in 40k, they are all too broken up save the black legion

Still no lore leaks for Traitor's hand? The first book in the Black Crusade series and you useless worms haven't provided us with any bits of lore?

I bet you're one of the retards that think ObSec bikers with several hundred points of tax makes for a good formation.

Every single formation in Traitor's Hate is crap at best. Most are absolute shit.

Khârn the Betrayer vs literally who.

Got a link?

>'Tax'
>implying

I wonder who will win :^)

It's anyone's game! :^)

It's literally 50/50 :^)

Too close to call :^)

>that power armour
That Bl'Angle looks like he is wearing a leotard

First reply

Has there been any indication whether traitor's hate will allow marked CSM sorcerers will be able to use the expanded psychic power charts from warzone fenris? I know it's a long shot, but with them lazily copying the SM powers I wondered if they might lazily copy the Tzeentch/Nurgle/Slaanesh powers as well.

That shitposting.

Eldrad, who is an established character that's nearly as old as 40K, lost to a Deathwatch marine that was invented just for the Death Masque event.

www.play30kfaggot.blogspot.com

Kharn "wins" but no name lives.

The only real complaint with the powers is that they're lazy and uninspired and that we now have three God disciplines that have been left in dust making the opportunity cost for Marking your sorcerers even more extreme.

The formations are crap. The detachment itself is dogshit.

>GW has made it clear
Got a source to back up your shitpost? Because the legion's still have more support in the codex than any other chaos force.

I am going to pick you dark vengeance this weekend for the dark angels, what would you recommend I pick up next was thinking about more terminators maybe a devastator squad or some rhinos

What can you tell me about the Demiurg?

Yes. CSM squads that pay for their Rhinos and are more expensive than their loyalist equivalent despite being vastly inferior are a tax, shitposter.

Has BL released anything worth a shit in the last four years? I haven't paid attention to 40k in awhile but just browsing the site it seems like they've gone full space marine-only retard, something I thought they couldn't do even harder.

Kharn the Betrayer vs Phil from accounting.

I'll laugh if Kharne gets insta-gibed by that inferno pistol.

up, pick up

The melta has around a 50% chance to outright kill kharn after all rolls are said and done. Otherwise kharn whoops his ass in melee.

That's the point he was making. Even the greatest members of other factions will lose to Space Marines, unless that other faction is Tau.

Think about what you're saying.

If Eldrad had won his little scenario, 40k would be over. The Imperium all but gone.

Besides, Eldrad and Artemis never duked it out in the scenario. So your comparison is void.

Why can't pistols in Melee if they count as a Melee weapon?

Why does autocorrect capitalise Melee?

Does the Imperium have anything close to a wikipedia or similar relatively accessible knowledge database?

>Because the legion's still have more support in the codex than any other chaos force.
No they dont
>no legion rules
>Cult units can be taken however you please
>Supplements for black legion and some renegade warband only

sure they get mentioned, but so do the flawless host, the purge, sons of malice, and a whole bunch of other warbands

almost as if chaos has splintered into a bunch of small warbands with no cohesive structure :^)

If you consider 30k stuff to still be under the remit of this thread, Path Of Heaven is widely considered to be pretty darn good. (In fact the entire Scars mini-trilogy is great.)

Astropedia.

The Hive Mind keeps vandalising articles though.

only for techpriests

Because there's only one Cypher.

Imperium's interstellar communication is based on telepathy among psykers. So...no. At least no interstellar-wide.

Wow, thanks for taking the time and effort to make such an insightful and all-around quality resource. I look forward to you finishing your breakdown of a four-year-old book, but I understand that you're current pace might not be sustainable. I mean, wowzers, four entries in as many months?

>implying i'm shit posting
m8, just because you dont like having 2 units back field obsec with ld9/10 and a plasma gun for 90 points, dosent make me a shit poster

>Besides, Eldrad and Artemis never duked it out in the scenario. So your comparison is void.

Both of them led theor forces and it was Artmis leadership and heroics that ended with Eldard receiving a plasma canon to the face.

Also the Light of Terra being turned off for a day isn't the end of the Imperium.

>Hey, who scrawled 'The Emperor sucks dicks lololol' on Phil's brain?

Comeon man, its hard, its not like he is just saying what everyone has been saying for almost half a decade now

oh...oh wait

*Cough* 8 entries *cough* Check back in a week if you like. Bitch elsewhere. Want to guess why I didn't promote it 4 months ago?

Why don't Shining Spears have an pistol or second CC weapon? They've got 2 attacks on the charge and that's lame as fuck. They're like the Eldar equivalent of WFB Dragon Princes, and one of the Princes' defining features was that they got two attacks with their lances (also resistance to fire attacks and looking great).

I just want to stick an autarch on a jetbike in a unit of shining spears and have them be something other than just ablative wounds. As it is, might as well just take Windriders. They suck when charging, too, but at least they can fuck everything up with scatter lasers.

All four cult units are heavily linked to a legion force, two are effectively legion exclusive. Five out of the six characters are legionnaires.

Nice source though. GW clearly doesn't give enough of a shit about the faction to be trying to push some "anti-legion" schtick.

I'm a painter more than anything and I've loved the Admech since forever? But I'm being asked to take my Mars dudes to the store and play a Harlequin player at a 'friendly' 1000 points

How do I deal with rape clowns?

From their stats, melee is out of the question so I'll leave the Rust Stalkers and Infiltrators at home...

Blood Angels vs Black Legion and World Eaters...again? It turned out well for the Blood Angels the first time....oh WAIT.

>c.811.M37 - The Ghost War

>During the long years of the Seventh Black Crusade, the full might of the Blood Angels Chapter falls upon a vast Black Legion warband on the world of Mackan. Although the conflict ultimately ends in the near-extinction of the Blood Angels at the hands of Abaddon the Despoiler and his primary lieutenants – the sorcerer-lord Iskandar Khayon and the swordmaster Telemachon Lyras – the Blood Angels Reclusiarch Thalastian Jorus becomes one of the few Imperial heroes to ever land a blow against the Warmaster of Chaos.

>With his Chapter devastated, the Chaplain endures weeks of hardship in the wilderness and the constant trials of keeping his crazed warriors undetected on Mackan. When the time is right, Jorus leads his Death Company in a lightning raid behind enemy lines, butchering the unprepared sworn warriors of the Despoiler’s honour guard, and allowing the Reclusiarch to lock blades with Abaddon himself. It is said the Warmaster still bears the scars of that battle, even three millennia later.

>Whatever the truth of the matter, it is known that the Despoiler honoured Jorus once the war was over – perhaps in mockery, or perhaps with nothing but sincerity. After Mackan, hundreds of Blood Angels corpses were desecrated, their gene-seed ruined beyond recovery. Of all the Chapter, only a handful of bodies were left undefiled: Reclusiarch Jorus and his Death Company, clad in their battered and broken black ceramite, seated in makeshift thrones made from the armour of those Black Legion warriors they had killed on that fateful night.

He survives and escapes Kharn by dropping a building on him, he doesn't die. This pissess off Kharn so much he kills two titans.

But who gets the super special doomsday weapon?

Yet people still ask the same questions here.

CSM keep moving the goalposts. FIrst it was "we want to be good," now it's "we want to be good oh also we should be good without having to worry about objectives"

Nigger, we've had ObSec Chaos Space Marine squads for years, and they've always been shit. You're either delusional or shitposting if you think +1 LD is going to change that.

Marks should be free

That's so bad, fuck me

Chaos activates the super weapon, but it's going to take a little while to open.

It's a portal that lets them skip Cadia entirely, then on to Terra.

>Blood Angels Reclusiarch scars Abaddon and makes him have a tantrum

Blood Angels yet again confirmed for the Emperor's finest.

>counting the "guys I'm totally not dead" and "guys I'm doing this thing" entries
Fuck off. You're contributing absolutely nothing helpful.

He kills a Knight, a Reaver and a Warhound

See, I get that BAngles are all about melee and chaplains are zealots above other zealots, but it's fucking KHARN.
Why would you ever want to go into melee with fucking Kharn? He has ten thousand years of fucking shit up in close combat over you. People have been trying to kill Kharn in melee combat for over 10 millennia, and he's still here while ten thousand years full of space marines are dead.
Drown the motherfucker in Whirlwind fire. Run him over in a Land Raider. Strafe him from an aircraft, or lead him into a minefield.
BUT WHY WOULD YOU, KNOWING WHO HE IS, CHARGE HIM? That +1 attack on the charge is going to make you look real impressive when he turns you into a bloody smear with a skull helmet.

>makes him have a tantrum

What? He honoured his fallen foe and showed him respect by sparing him and his men from being mutilated by the Chaos hordes. How is this throwing a tantrum?

If you dont want to cap objectives why don't you just go play tau with the other cry babies. claiming that a unit is tax when it serves a function makes you a big fat loyalist

No, Marks should have a more meaningful effect and be cost-effective.

>Giving people a place to send lists and ask stupid questions so they don't have to deal with people like you
>god forbid
>no ads just advice
>god forbid
>no promoting or shilling
>god forbid

Desecrating corpses is like saying hello among the traitors, so not doing it was a really big insult :^)

The Thirteenth Black Crusade has been launched, and the bulk of the Chaos Forces drive at the Cadian Gate. Elsewhere, Abaddon has tasked offshoot Chaos Invasion Fleets. One such is in the Diamor System.

Lord Xorphus (a Black Legion Sorceror, hinted at being a former Thousand Son in the Legion days) leads this assault, made up of Black Legion, Crimson Slaughter and Word Bearer forces. The Chaos Fleet first strikes at Peridos, the system's Agri World, and draws out the Imperial Battlefleet in a series of cat-and-mouse engagements designed to tie up the more powerful Imperial fleet. This clears the way for the Chaos Ground Forces to strike at Ioline, a factory world. The combined Black Legion, Crimson Slaughter and Word Bearer forces take Ioline in short order, and Chaos Warpsmiths complete a ritual to create a Demon Engine factory to begin churning out reinforcements.

The main thrust of the Chaos Invasion happens on the world of Amethal. The Adeptus Mechanicus has set up shop, creating a number of dig sites looking for an ancient (as in pre-humanity) artefact that can cage Warp Creatures. It is described "to dwarf the Damnation Cache that had slipped through Abaddon's fingers on Pandorax". Abaddon has tasked Lord Xorphus with releasing this Cage and its contents.

Again, this will never stop triggering me.

>Chainaxe vs a power weapon
>Somehow the chainaxe doesn't shatter against the power weapon

CSM have neither ATSKNF or chapter tactics

Marks should be free, AND better

>Why would you ever want to go into melee with fucking Kharn?
black rage, dude

>See, I get that Sanguinius is all about melee and shit, but it's fucking CHAOS HORUS

Plot armour wins vs common sense again...

One rarely sees Khan on the table because he gets smeared across the table on turn 1

But sure, a knight, 2 titans, why not 4 titans?

Why not a thousand.

fucking stupid.

Gorechid is not a chain axe

The Crimson Slaughter are sent in as the first wave, dropping in to assault the various Mechanicus dig sites around Amenthal. Kranon the Relentless leads the assault at the dig site the Chaos forces have dubbed War Zone Carnage. The Mechanius forces (from Forge World Metalica, backed up by Knights of House Raven and the God-Engines of Legio Metalica) initially blunt the Crimson Slaughter assault, however the demonic voices echoing from the Cage are heard by the Crimson Slaughter which enables them to push through and break the Mechanicus Defenses. Gorath-Hel, a Word Bearer Dark Apostle, conducts a brief ritual to divine the exact location of the Cage. It's located at War Zone Carnage. The first step of Lord Xorphus' plan is complete.

An urgent call for Imperial reinforcements has been heard by the Blood Angels. The 5th Company drops out of the Warp... right into a trap set by Lord Xorphus (Just As Planned). Xorphus unleashes a massive Psychic Assault on the two Blood Angel Strike Cruisers, driving the entirety of the 5th Company into the Black Rage. Rather than completing the kill though, Xorphus' Battleship backs off as the Blood Angel 1st and 2nd Companies arrive. The 1st, 2nd and now Death Company move on Amenthal, which the Black Legion fleet has left undefended. The Blood Angels dropped onto Amenthal, linked up with the still strong surviving Mechanicus forces and routed the Crimson Slaughter assaults. Amenthal appeared to be retaken by Imperial Forces, however everything was going Just As Planned for Xorphus.... New contacts were detecting translating into the system. A fleet of Traitor Warships, all bearing the mark of Khorne. Khârn had come for the skulls of Sanguinius' Sons.

>Why don't Shining Spears have an pistol or second CC weapon?
A lance's is hard to aim, riding a flying bike doesn't help, and swinging a sword in the off hand's is just ridiculous.

>Gorechild
>Just a chainaxe

>'Heavy linked'
>still seen in a varity of colours
Rubrics are often used as bodyguard for sorcerer perusing their own agenda
must be akward for you to be so wrong

GW isn't 'pushing' an anti-legion sctick, its just no making any rules for any legions, and only giving agency to the black legion. even the primach are all cucks.

On that note, are there any human sized dudes who Kharn doesn't rape?

>artefact that can cage Warp Creatures.

Who made it, though?

Eh. So Horus Heresy novels are the last bastion of "quality"?

It occurs to me that my favorite 40k lore comes from the fucking rpg supplements.

The Butcherhorde falls on Amenthal. Khârn cuts a bloody and devastating swathe through the Mechanicus and Blood Angel Death Company. Khârn gets angry and kills an Imperial Knight. Khârn duels a Death Company Chaplain, who taunts Khârn about how Sanguinius killed lots of traitors at the gates of Terra to which Khârn angrily responds "There's only one angel, and he is red!" (I thought that was pretty cool smile.png) and proceeds to beat the censored.gif out of the Chaplain. Then another Bezerker tries to intervene and claim the glory of killing both Khârn and the Death Company Chaplain. That only makes Khârn angry though, and he kills the Bezerker. But then a Reaver Titan walks past, totally ignoring Khârn. That, of course, makes Khârn very angry but then the Reaver steps on a building and buries Khârn. He pulls himself from the rubble, only to find the Reaver and the Death Company Chaplain gone. This makes Khârn very, very angry. By now most of the Mechanicum and Death Company forces have been spent, and the Butcherhorde is getting massacred by the Titans. So Khârn gets very, very, very angry and goes on a Titan murdering spree (takes out a Warhound and a Reaver). This forces the Legio Metalica to retreat, and Khârn leads the remnants of the Butcherhorde out to sweep through the routed Mechanicum forces.

Mate, tabletop marines are always weaker than the fluff. If they were scaled to the level of ability they had in the fluff a single tac marine would be worth like 50-100 points.

They do it just to mock us

Like writing about Warbosses taking down knights at titans and chapter masters when theyll get gibbed by any of those things any day of the week

Everything is going Just As Planned***, so Xorphus moves his fleets back to Amenthal in order to complete the third phase of the plan. The Imperials have made a sound choice in retreating in order to regroup, however it is a critical error in the larger scheme. The Black Legion is free to reinforce War Zone Carnage, in order to complete the ritual needed to break open the Cage. They bring down the Banshee Stone (Abaddon murder stole it from some Slaanesh Demon Prince), which begins to absorb all the blood shed across Amenthal and focus its dark energies at the wards on the Cage. The Imperial Forces regroup, and counter-attack. The Black Legion hold initially, supported by Orbital Bombardment from their fleet, but their ships are soon forced to break off to engage approaching Imperial Warships. The Mechanicus and Blood Angel forces begin to break through, but Khârn and his remaining Butcherhorde are drawn back by the fighting and begin to cause havoc in the Mechanicus backlines. Khârn kills the Magos in charge, and thus ends the hopes of the Imperials discovering the secrets of the Cage. The Blood Angels push the Black Legion back... but it is too late. Xorphus knows the ritual has done enough for the Banshee Stone to break the wards on the Cage past the point of no-return, so he orders the Black Legion to retreat. Xorphus teleports out just as Blood Angels are about to trap him, and the rest of the Black Legion retreat back to their Thunderhawks. Kranon the Relentless had survived, though he's down to 15 Crimson Slaughter marines and 1 Helbrute. They jack a Black Legion Thunderhawk and escape, none too pleased at their betrayal by the Black Legion. Abaddon has further plans for Khârn, so Xorphus teleports him up out of the battle. As to be expected, this makes Khârn very, very, very, very angry, much to the misfortune of the crew of the ship he was teleported onto (lol).

It would be nice to see ascendant marks: like FnP for nurgle. Basically a way to turn Raptor/Bikers/IC/Terminators into cult versions of themseves

So what do you do that BOK hasn't done in theirs already?

What about undivided warbands?

Give CSM a list of special rules to pick to give all their infantry, imho. Chosen and Termies get a second choice. Marks are an additional upgrade that changes statlines and open options.

Bam. Rules to represent legions, and literally who tier warbands at the same time.

The Chaos Forces retreat from the system, all except Xorphus' Battleship which hides itself with sorcery in an Asteroid Belt to monitor the Cage. The Blood Angel's Librarians manage to destroy the Banshee Stone and they all pat themselves on the back. Victory for the Imperials! But Xorphus knows better; the Banshee Stone has done its job and its only a matter of time before the Cage breaks open. Why is this important? Because if it breaks, it will cut a new Warp Rift open laying out the Crimson Path from Cadia to Diomar and then to Terra itself. Abaddon scries this with satisfaction from his ship, the Planet Killer, as it travels deep - deeper than ever before - into the Eye of Terror to 'grasp the power to win the entire war'.

The very last bit of text is a bit of Mechancius transmission logs (which had book-ended the chapters throughout). The Blood Angels are calling for Grey Knight aid.

***Well mostly Just As Planned. Elements of the Blood Angels 1st Company, led by the Sanguinor, are able to destroy the Demon Engine factory on Ioldine which is worrying for Xorphus because he had not forseen it.

That's it.

>implying that's just a chainaxe
Maybe you wouldn't be getting triggered if you weren't an ignorant retard.
Provide something of value if you want people to take you seriously, otherwise you're just another shitposter pissing into the wind.
That's a hell of a non-sequitar.

>"There's only one angel, and he is red!"

Damn straight

I know, I know but...

>Kharn was so Angry that day he killed 2 Titans, that's as many as 2 1's and that's terrible

Couldn't it him being all... BETRAYER and scything through his own ranks he was so mad?

stoopid as fuck

I dont know where you've been the last year but GW is all about """""Streamlining""""" since thats all the rage right now. Normies want a game they can crack out in half an hour so they can get back home to their families. I would be genuinely surprised if marks even made it into Age of the Emperor

Thanks for ze lore leaks. It looks like it will take half a year or for for the whole storyline to resolve.

You see a stupid list or argument, send em my way.

Just gotta tweak TSN termies.

TSN?

He killed the first one because it ignored him

One of them was a Chaos titan?

Marks are still in Age of Sigmar, don't see why they wouldn't be in an Age of the Emperor type streamlined system.

We got an Eisenhorn short story.