Thirty Year's War RISK thread

War has broken out between pro-Hapsburgs and anti-Hapsburg factions across Western and Central Europe.

Pick a
>Kingdom, Empire, or Duchy
>Ruler Name
Wikipedia guys, its easy.
RP is encouraged.
Please read the map before we begin.
We begin with 6 or more rollers.

Claim Bohemia

noted

>The Papal States
>Pope Urban VIII

Claiming Naples

gotcha guys

It is with grave concern at the rise of Protestantism in the boundaries of the Holy Roman Empire that we must propose the declaration of the Catholic League to resist these reformists, heathens and usurpers through military might.

oooooooo
some real history role play.... who will bite
:^)

Hold Up

Naples isn't a kingdom in this version?

Spain

Naples would gladly be a part of such an alliance. This treachery against the holy mother church cannot be ignored.

gotcha
not during the thirty years war

I claim Danmark!

>King Ash of Danmark

>Calvinist Bohemia
>Catholic League
kek

I'll join after I make/eat dinner

have you converted to catholicism? or did you mean Bavaria?

The dangerous spread of radicalism and freethinking is threatening to the control of the Clergy, us catholic leaders, appointed by god's will, must band together to preserve our rightful power.

noted

My name isn't Calvin though

Of course we have converted there is only one true faith.

Is it possible to join the HRE if there are close enough ties to the Holy Roman Emperor and you can RP it?

>BTW GUYS, ROLE PLAY IN >GREEN SO IT STANDS OUT!

>We could not agree more, your Holiness.

Depending on the faction... i couldnt allow England to start the game as HRE for instance
i hope some protestants join now...

claiming prussia

Claim France

gotcha and we begin in one minute

That's pretty gay

23 May 1618
7 factions taken so no leaderless defense for now.
Remmber rolls are real-time. If that makes no sense just ask and someone will let you in on it.

Launch an invasion of East Frisia

The Glorious Duchy of Prussia expands into Pomeranian Lands

POPE VOTE HERE

is that a 5d pali?

As Naples is currently bordered only by fellow Catholics, Alfonso Turns his attention northward, to the decadent republic of Venice. His troops board their ships and set sail.

how?

Bohemia shall vote in favour of Naples.

Catholic Netherlands
Attack netherlands

Seeing as the wise king of Bohemia supports a Neapolitan Pope, we would be fools not to do the same.

gotcha

Republique Francaise > Expand to the Northeast
I hold no opinion on the Papal election, for I know not the character of any running. I pray that changes

I mean whoever is to my left, the brown one. Wurttemburg?

yes

Danmark > Mecklenburg

>King Ash of Danmark

>Good King Ferdinand, I thank you wholeheartedly for your endorsement in the upcoming papal election. I assure you that, should God choose us, we shall repay this favor in kind.

- Alfonso, Duke of Naples

I get +1 for being king

Rolled 57161 (1d99999)

Annex Brandenburg, spills to Pomerania

spill?

You've attacked a fellow catholic

The Holy Roman Empire is beset by war and strife, it was both diplomatically and strategically sound to secure a strong Catholic ally outside the realms of the Empire.

>In the absence of any pope to lead the kingdom of god on earth, the clergy steps in to take power.
The Clergy seek to enhance their power in Italy by subjugating the Duchy of Tuscany.

western poland, connecting to silesia

Or did you mean the green?

A wise move, your majesty. I assure you, it will not be one you come to regret.

Cease your attacks on our fellow Lutherans and I shall Bless your future battles, Dane.

is Spain here?

one afk, but we pick up catholic netherlands
23 May 1619
Words with mean coming once things reveal themselves a bit.
Importantly, with only three votes, two for Naples and one abstain, the Cardinal from Naples is elected Pope.

Mecklenburg is rightful Danish clay.

Bohemia shall not tolerate a threat on its borders. Continue our conquest of Wurttemburg, any spills go into defence of Bohemia.

The Prussian War Machine will take silesia and wielkopolska

I attack netherlands

... so my dice roll was ignored then? Annex Brandenburg

Danmark > Mecklenburg; spares into Brunswick

>King Ash of Danmark

Joining as Switzerland. Blessing myself, then invading Savoy.

Gonna be using 200 BC map for 3500 BC Risk, changing nation locations.

Praise be to God! Spurred on by this news, our troops continue the fight against the Venetians with renewed fervor.

how is your bonus +2?

If we can Bless ourselves, I Bless myself.

France> Assimilate Alsace--Lorraine and Catholic Netherlands.

I assumed we started at 1 and gained 1 every turn, or do we start at 0?

Father Alfonso, I would request your blessings in war. The Protestant menace stands to my north and seeks to bring its wrath upon my lands.

son, i am not disapoint

of course, the night i cannot play is the night you have 7 rollers on 30 years. thread is tabbed and i will write a history when i finish lesson plans

kick ass, mang

also, fuck ash B^]

Can I have a blessing?

no blessing one's self
you are a kingdom and have +1
otherwise just read the map

>"My liege, as papal controller you control the highest power in the most righteous kingdom under god on Earth. As Arch-bishiop, I can help manage the logistics and planning to administrate the papal states, under your command. Just give the word."
(OP said that I basically act like your vassal now)
Give me a command for me to do.

see
I didn't think so

Or ally ageinst the prodistants

>otherwise just read the map
It says on it you gain +1 every turn as a Kingdom

:^( and :^) all in one bro

OK

>Hear me, then, and listen well. Marshall the Papal armies or Rome, and march north. We must unite Italy, the heartland of Christendom, under a single banner.

We have not forgotten your friendship to Naples, good King. You have our blessing.

Change of plans. Thanks for OPing. Have a good game and good night all. Til next time.

>As soon as the messenger arrived from Napoli, the guards of Rome were rallied, and the troops were levied.
OP, the papal states marches onto Milano and Venice.

do you march through austria?
your plea has been heard and compensation is had. we will use post number unless it becomes predictable

While the Austrians are faithful Catholics, we fear that, for the good of all Christendom, we must.

that means its not a one time thing. the +1 is permenant

If we gain +1T every turn that implies it compounds, or it'd just be "Kings gain +1T".

23 May 1620
Please put all blessing and bonuses in your names.
France invades the Catholic Netherlands.
Everyone expanding peacefully on leaderless factions.
this map is older than your rape baby so and you know nothing.

Retaliate against france

With the power of the Church behind us, we shall send the smaller part of our army to finish restoring Catholicism to Wurttemburg and do send the greater part of our army northwards to drive the Prussian menace from our doorstep.

>Seeing the success of the Milano campaign, the Cardinals of Rome decide to continue the campaign to the Trading Port of Genoa and Corsica

The Duchy of Prussia will conquer the remaining Polish lands, spill saxon occupied Brandenburg lands

pali!!!! war is on between catholics

Pali

With the Venetians on the defensive, Naples must take this opportunity to reclaim lands which are rightfully hers. Neapolitan and Papal troops boarded their ships, and set sail for Sicily.

He started it, I would like to sue for peace

two spill?

>My liege, I propose a two war on two fronts, I shall take the island of Corsica, therefor giving Rome a staging ground for the invasion of Sardinia. With the combined fleets of Napoli and Rome, the Spaniards will be forced to concede to your power.
Sardinia?

2 spill?

Invade Burgundy.
Bless Bohemia.
I will their help to kill these bloody papists.

>An excellent suggestion, they will certainly be unable to resist two separate attacks.

>Bless Bohemia.
We're Catholic inshallah

Spill into Venice

Danmark > Brunswick; spares into Sveden
It's time for Kalmar Union

>King Ash of Danmark

spares into East Frisia