Dragonball Quest #100

>>Previous threads

suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?searchall=dragonball quest

>>Information

This quest, as the title suggests, takes place in the world of Dragon Ball. You're playing as a twenty-two year old man named Tofoo, and will adventure through the story of the Dragonball series alongside characters such as Goku, Yamcha, Bulma, Tien, and many others. Through your actions, you can make significant changes to the story, and perhaps even become the strongest fighter on Earth.

>Rules

At the end of each update you'll have ten minutes to vote on options. Write-ins are allowed, but I do reserve the right to veto them.

In the event of a draw, the option to receive the next vote wins

Rolls will be used on certain occasions, such as attempting a technique for the first time or attempting something extremely difficult. You will have three rolls, and if one succeeds, you succeed. There are no crits.

Rolls are made AFTER an option wins, not during the voting process

I hope everyone has fun.

>Current Saga

Saiyan Saga

>>youtube.com/watch?v=Wl9o8Wx98eM

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/11184254
youtube.com/watch?v=P6Qa8OEf7vo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Before we get started, I want to thank you fine people for sticking with me through a hundred of these damn threads.

We've had our ups and downs, but I think it's been a pretty fun experience, and I hope you all feel the same.

Pipe it up

We love you som!

It's been fun, sempai. Even if I missed the middle of it

You're a fish in a barrel, or, a fish in a hole.

At least, that's how you clearly look to Shen, who gazes down at you like a hungry predator, probably going over a million ways he could kill you in his mind.

Of course, he's foolish to think defeating you is such an easy thing. The last tournament should have told him that you can fly, and you momentarily ponder if the old man's memory is finally beginning to go. In that case, recruiting him to battle the Saiyans would probably be a waste of time.

"Tofoo," he addresses, driving those suspicions away. "So good of you to join me. I spent all this time thinking of how to hunt you down, and here you are, practically gift-wrapped."

Further illustrating the fish in a barrel metaphor, he readies his weapon, raising his right hand and pointing his finger at you like a gun.

"DODON RAY!"

>A. Deflect it (23)

>B. Jump out of the pit and dodge it (36)

>C. Something else

>A. Deflect it (23)
"Put your guns down old man, I'm not here to fight."

>>C. Something else
Grab it, twist it up, and give it back to Shen as a Balloon Animal Doggie.

>A.
"There is something more important than our feud going on here."

>A. Deflect it (23)
"Yeah I'm not here to fight or settle some grudge between us, even if the other party, meaning you doesn't want to listen so I'll cut to the chase. I need your help to defend this planet from ending up similar to King Piccolo's reign centuries ago."

strawpoll.me/11184254

You love your straw polls, huh SOM.

More than I should, yeah

ROLL

Rolled 48 (1d100)

Gay, I've been in too many of these threads

Rolled 7 (1d100)

If I roll a 100 I wanna do

Well, good thing you didn't roll a hundred, then

Shit, still can't roll on mobile

Rolled 40 (1d100)

One of these days, Som. One of these days.

dice + 1d100

dice+1d100
oops

I know, I know, straight to the moon

In the options field, my friend

Rolled 98 (1d100)

thanks

Nice roll, save it for later though! :^)

You raise your hand as the little death ray comes shooting down toward you. Quickly coating your palm with energy, you make Shen's attack bounce harmlessly out of the hole before following it out yourself.

Shen aims his finger at you again, clearly intending to shoot you throat the heart. He probably thinks you've come to kill him, or something of the like. Or, he knows that's not why you're here, and just really wants you dead.

Probably that second one.

"I'm not here to fight," you insist before he can make another attempt. "There's something more important that our feud going on here."

He lowers his hand a few inches, but not entirely, aiming to shoot you in the leg instead of the heart. Shen is giving you a chance to make your case, so you'd better make it good.

"Proceed," he instructs. "But this had better be good, boy."

>A. Two monsters called Saiyans are coming to attack the Earth. The world's greatest fighters need to unite to stop them.

>B. Two villains many times worse than King Piccolo are coming, and the strongest fighters in the world need to train to face them

>C. Tell him that Piccolo died fighting a powerful warrior, and that warrior's comrades are coming in a year.

>D. Something else

>A. Two monsters called Saiyans are coming to attack the Earth. The world's greatest fighters need to unite to stop them.
Get everyone used to the fact that saiyans are monsters

>B. Two villains many times worse than King Piccolo are coming, and the strongest fighters in the world need to train to face them
>C. Tell him that Piccolo died fighting a powerful warrior, and that warrior's comrades are coming in a year.
>D. Master Roshi has come out of retirement and has begun training once again in the face of this threat

>B. Two villains many times worse than King Piccolo are coming, and the strongest fighters in the world need to train to face them.
"Master Roshi already agreed to help, but even with him we need everyone that knows how to fight, meaning you as well."

>C.

Reminder to remind shen that roshi is back to training full time
he won't want to fall behind and get shit on

"You remember King Piccolo," you state to Shen. "Well, two villains several times worse are coming, and the strongest fighters in the world are gathering to train for their arrival."

The Crane Hermit throws his head back, voicing just how seriously he takes what you've just said with his ringing laughter that echoes all around you.

"Well, that lie's far more creative than I would have expected," he laughs. "For future reference, don't go so crazy with describing your threats. There's nobody worse than King Piccolo."

To Shen, there probably was nothing quite like King Piccolo. You recall the story Roshi told of the monster's rampage, and how even mighty warriors such as he and Shen were mere insects in the face of such an overwhelming force of doom. To Shen, something worse would be beyond imagining.

"One of these warriors killed Piccolo," you tell Shen, pouring every ounce of sincerity into your voice. "That warrior's dead, but his two comrades are coming to avenge him."

"It sounds to me like you finally bit off more than you can chew," Shen remarks dismissively. "This isn't my problem, and I'd never stick my neck out for the likes of you."

>A. No, these "Saiyans" are aliens, and they're coming to wipe out the planet

>B. Tell him that Master Roshi, and his former students are going to be training, he'll look like a coward if he stays here

>C. Tell him that Roshi and the Turtle students are going to be training, and that this will be a good opportunity to one-up them

>D. Tell him that if that's how he feels, you'll leave

>E. Something else

>>A. No, these "Saiyans" are aliens, and they're coming to wipe out the planet

>B. Tell him that Master Roshi, and his former students are going to be training, he'll look like a coward if he stays here
>C. Tell him that Roshi and the Turtle students are going to be training, and that this will be a good opportunity to one-up them
"And if you don't believe, ask Roshi yourself. You've been with him the longest, so you should know how acts. If he himself is helping, then you know its not a fib, but something serious."

>>B. Tell him that Master Roshi, and his former students are going to be training, he'll look like a coward if he stays here

>A.
>C.

"No, these "Saiyans" are aliens," you explain to the old man, hearing his laughter before it even begins again. "And they're coming to wipe out the planet."

After waiting half a minute for Shen to finish his second round of uncontrollable laughter, you let out an exasperated sigh, seeing that so far, your words are getting you nowhere.

"You must think I'm an idiot," Shen tells you.

He's right, but that you're being serious with him here. Telling him the truth is getting you nowhere, so maybe you should play to his ego.

"If you don't believe me, you can ask Roshi," you suggest.

That drives the smile from his face immediately. "Roshi is going to be training, is he?"

"Yeah, and so are your former students," you add. "You've known Roshi longer than anybody, and you trained Tenshinhan, Chaozu, and Yamcha, so you should know how to tell if they're lying."

Shen looks thoughtful, and you can tell that it's just going to take a little more to convince him to join you.

"And, with all of them showing up to train, it might make you seem cowardly if you stay here," you add. "Besides, this is a good chance to one-up them all."

Shen smirks, then chuckles with great amusement. "You play to my pride, Tofoo. Well done, I will come and see if what you're saying is true."

He looks past you, staring at Popo. His reaction to the strange genie-like creature is calmer than most, though given that Shen has fought scores of demons and who knows what else in his life, that's to be expected.

"So, you will transport us to the training spot, then?" he inquires of Popo.

Kami's attendant nods. "Yes, we can depart at once."

>A. Climb aboard and head to the Lookout

>B. There's something you need to do first (specify)

They have been nothing but enjoyable and 5he highlights of my workdays
>A.

>To the lookout!

Time to see if Yaji ate the birds

>A.

I voted for everyone
That's the only correct answer
Everyone who disagrees is a filthy ningen and should kill them selves to spare the time of gods

I voted for Tofoo, not because I doubt our ability but I assume the dice will betray us

Without further delay (mostly due to your worry about the consequences of leaving Yajirobe alone on the Lookout), you hop onto the back of the carpet.

Shen, giving the rug a once-over, levitates toward it, landing on a corner and using his flight to keep himself from falling off the edge. In an instant, the three of you arrive on the Lookout.

Shen lowers himself to the ground, his head turning in every direction as he takes in his new surroundings.

"Where are we?" he demands of Popo, who lands the rug on the ground.

"Kami's Lookout," Popo answers, rolling up the rug once you step off of it. "This is where the Guardian of Earth watched over your planet."

"Kami?" Shen asks. "As in, "God"?"

Popo nods.

"And where exactly is "God"?" Shen inquires as he wanders the Lookout, studying all of his surroundings with careful scrutiny. "Unless you expect me to believe that's who you are."

Popo shakes his head, sadness shrouding itself over him once more.

"No, I was his assistant," he explains to Shen. "But Kami is no longer with us."

"Some "God" he is, if he can die like the rest of us," Shen sniffs. "From the stories, I expected more."

>A. The Saiyan killed Kami

>B. Go look for Yajirobe

>C. Ask if you can borrow the carpet to round up the others

>D. Something else

If not that then I will

>A.
But if you want to get technical about it I killed him.
>C.

>C. Ask if you can borrow the carpet to round up the others

A

I like it. Can't speak for anyone else, but I like it.

>Based Shen knowing the fallacies of ningendom.

"The Saiyan killed Kami," you explain to Shen.

The Crane Hermit, seeming satisfied by his examination, finally turns his gaze back on you and Popo.

"So, both God and the Devil were powerless to stop this "Saiyan"," he sums up. "And you said more of them are coming. So, how do you think you will be able to do anything to stop them?"

"Goku and I stopped the first one," you explain, trying not to let your voice betray the uncertainty you feel about the answer to his question.

"And now you're gathering up the strongest fighters in the world to face these others," Shen counters. "That leads me to believe that these ones are stronger than the first one. And where is that old fool Roshi? You said that he and my traitorous students would be here."

"I will go and gather the other warriors," Popo announces. "They will be here shortly. For now, Master Shen, I have a feat waiting inside. Please, help yourself."

"Nope," a voice says from inside the building. "That's gone."

The gluttonous samurai stumbles out into the light, clutching his rounded stomach as he waddles toward you and Popo. You've seen Popo's idea of a feat, so where this unending stomach hid all of that food, you aren't sure.

Yajirobe looks over at Shen, who makes no effort to hide his distaste.

"You got a problem, grandpa?" the younger man asks.

"Not a problem, but maybe a good punching bag," Shen remarks.

>A. Tell them to play nice

>B. Ask Popo if he can drop you off at home

>C. Ask Popo if he can drop you off at Chichi's

>D. Take the Dark Nimbus and go somewhere (specify)

>E. Something else

>A.
>C.

The third warrior Kami mentioned is Chichi and she definitely has the ability to be a cunning fighter that Kamehameha to Piccolos face was pretty choice.

"No need to start a fight, save it for the saiyans"

She's got spirit

>E. "Shen, this is Yajirobe. He's an absolute idiot, but naturally powerful. If he begins to annoy you, just give him a pile of food. I'll continue gathering the others in the meantime."

hey how come our lungs don't blow up when we teleport from sea level to like 10km or something
And how come bulma could breathe up there without passing the fuck out

>E. Something else

Well, we need to tell Bulma that we've rounded up people at the lookout, and we'll probably need to go there from time to time to make sure nobody's killing anyone else.

I hope Bulma can make that 5x gravity chamber, and replicate that armor.

We can probably breathe in space if we want, we're a protagonist. Bulma too.

youtube.com/watch?v=P6Qa8OEf7vo

"Shen, this is Yajirobe," you introduce. "He's powerful, and if he ever gets on your nerves, you can get him to stop by just giving him some food. Save the fighting for the Saiyans."

"Whatever," Yajirobe grumbles, approaching one of Popo's trees and curling up beneath it.

The gluttonous pile of flesh is asleep within seconds, and Shen looks on him with disgust that you can pretty well understand. They're done fighting for now, at least, which means you can safely leave the Lookout.

"Mr. Popo, can you take me to Chichi's house?" you request.

"Very well," Popo answers, unrolling the carpet, which lifts off the ground like a newly inflated balloon, stopping only when Popo places a hand upon it.

The two of you travel to Chichi's home, deep within the woods. Ox King built her and Krillin a lovely home near Gohan's old dwelling. In a lot of ways, it reminds you of the house where you lived as a child, and it seems to be a good place for the couple to raise their own daughter.

Chichi answers soon after you knock, looking glad to see that you didn't get yourself killed.

"Hey, Tofoo," she greets. "What brings you here?"

>A. Explain the situation

>B. Ask her to come train

>C. Ask her to bring her daughter

>D. Let her know that Krillin will be training

>E. Something else

Oh god she is going to get mad we shouldn't even mention training Konattsu
>A.
>D.
>B.

You afraid of Chichi?

when you follow anime physics, yes

It seems that Krillin hasn't come home yet, and as you see the worry growing on her face, you realize that she probably thinks you're here to give some sort of awful news.

Starting by assuring her that Krillin's fine, you explain that situation to her, giving her the real horrible news as you tell her about the approaching Saiyans.

"More of them?!" she asks, horrified. "But you and Goku could barely handle the one. What are we going to do against two?"

"Everyone's meeting to train on Kami's Lookout," you answer. "We have a year to get ready."

"Krillin's going to be training, isn't he?" Chichi asks, cutting to the chase.

"Yes," you answer. "And I was hoping that you'd come, too."

Glancing back to her home, Chichi shakes her head. "I can't. If Krillin wants to take the year off, then fine. The Earth's in danger, and our family has plenty of money to get by for now. But I need to be here to take care of my daughter. If two monsters are coming, I need to make sure she can protect herself."

>A. Suggest leaving her with the Ox King; he can look after Konattsu and train her

>B. Suggest bringing Konattsu: She can train with everyone to fight the Saiyans

>C. You understand

>D. Something else

>C. Ask her to bring her daughter

I wonder if we should be training Trunks, too.

>>C. You understand
>Leaving a child
>With OX King
Kek, after seeing Chichi why would anyone do that

>C. You understand

He's not even a year old

What do you mean?

>>B. Suggest bringing Konattsu: She can train with everyone to fight the Saiyans
>>D. Tell her they don't have to stay for the whole year, just as much as she thinks she'll need before going back home.

Ox king raised her to have terrible priorities

>D. "You should bring her with you. Don't bother training her, though. She's too young and too weak to fight alongside us, and she can't drag down your training while you're there. Look, Chichi, you're one of the earth's most powerful warriors, whether you realize it or not. The stuff of legends. We don't just want you, we need you. This is a matter of survival, not just for us, but for this whole planet. If we fail in one year's time, everyone including your daughter will be slaughtered at their hands, until there isn't a single human left alive. That's a matter of fact."

Seconding this

Offer her the alternatives of a and b, with the upside of B being able to see her daughter the whole time and Kori being there
>A.
>B.
Add something about her never forgiving herself if Krillin got hurt while she stayed here, and the fact she is the strongest woman on earth

Can Ox King train too?

You could invite him, yes

Also, other suggestions you have for fighters can be looked into, though it will take Popo some time to find certain individuals

Like....Jackie chun?

Then

>C. You understand

and

>D. Something else

Suggest Ox King train.

Also, invite Chichi to visit the lookout with Konattsu, if she wants to see her husband and dad.

If only Eighter could be trained

Jackie Chun is a legend, even Popo has his limits

So, instead of Chichi, you want Ox King to battle?

Eighter hates violence, and is kind of a coward

FUCK IT
DC TO FIND CHUN

I like the sentiment of this write-in, but it's laying it on a little thick

Rolled 85 (1d100)

Make it so

Rolled 57 (1d100)

>chichi instead of ox king
We can spend a fucking day or two getting all the strong guys and giving them kami-tier training.

Wait
Som
Popo would have an easier time tracking chun
Would he not be able to role

Rolled 96 (1d100)

Rolled 29 (1d100)

partial success?
i tried guys

Som could popo use this and boost it with his own role