/wfg/

Last Thread: Dat Sweet Fishman Ass Edition

>1d4chan
1d4chan.org/wiki/Category:Warhammer_Fantasy

>Newbie Introduction to Warhammer Fantasy (Download, start reading at page 174 for the story and all the races)
mediafire.com/download/i330182xo9b1hsi/Rulebook (Hardback).pdf

>Third Party Miniature Manufacturers
pastebin.com/CvGaNyrk

>List of Warhammer recommended proxies
the-ninth-age.com/lexicon/index.php?lexicon/462-the-9th-age-miniature-library/

>Tomb Kings Range reborn!
tabletop-miniatures-solutions.com
indiegogo.com/projects/tms-undying-dynasties-army-release#/

>Warhammer Wikis
whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page
warhammerfb.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Wiki
warhammeronline.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Online_Wiki

>Resources (Armybooks, Supplements, Fluff, Crunch)
pastebin.com/8rnyAa1S
www.pastebin.com/0e6RuQux

>Endhammer
1d4chan.org/wiki/Endhammer

>9th Age
the-ninth-age.com

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/CvGaNyrk
the-ninth-age.com
store.steampowered.com/app/344240/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Why aren't you using the actual OP?

Warhammer Fantasy General: Edition

Talk about all Warhammer Fantasy. Please be courteous and try to limit your End Times fluff discussion since its mostly seen as just the start of Age of Sigmar.

Link to last thread:

>1d4chan

>Newbie Introduction to Warhammer Fantasy (Download, start reading at page 174 for the story and all the races)

>Third Party Miniature Manufacturers
pastebin.com/CvGaNyrk

>List of Warhammer recommended proxies

>Tomb Kings Range reborn!

>Warhammer Wikis
whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page
warhammerfb.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Wiki
warhammeronline.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Online_Wiki

>Resources (Armybooks, Supplements, Fluff, Crunch)
pastebin.com/8rnyAa1S
www.pastebin.com/0e6RuQux
>Endhammer

>9th Age
the-ninth-age.com

>Total War: Warhammer
store.steampowered.com/app/364360/

>End Times: Vermintide
store.steampowered.com/app/235540/

>Mordheim: City of the Damned
store.steampowered.com/app/276810/

>Bloodbowl 2
store.steampowered.com/app/236690/

>Man O' War
store.steampowered.com/app/344240/

>Why aren't you using the actual OP?

Because this ain't that?

videogames are not Veeky Forums

Now discuss what faction to mong next.

OP is a faggot.

It's essentially favoritism and people basically following the logic 'Hey, this guy was a good Emperor and they seemed to have raised their kid right.'

So, I've got a question; How does Vampirism work on other races? We know that Elves can be turned, but what about Dwarves? Greenskins? Skaven?

>Logically speaking Emmanuelle has a stronger claim to Ghal Maraz then the two claimants your suggesting if for no other reason then she's got an untouched province and a powerful city state.

Which would make for a good story line, with the other heirs trying to woo her and claim it for themselves. Potentially.

Looks like the Empire is going to become a puppet state for Bretonnia.

Didn't everyone lose everything and the world explode at the End of Endtimes?

Then ignore it if you don't like it? Or make your own Endhammer? With Blackjack and hookers?

There's no reason to assume that Skaven, Greenskins or Dwarfs can't be turned.

Actually, I'm pretty sure there IS a canonical Dwarf vampire in the Genevieve books.

Actually, Vampiric Skaven would make a hell of an interesting revelation. Could explain why some of the Grey Seers are still alive.

Or I can just stay here and remain smug.

Well that and Reikland was one of the strongest provinces and the current Dynasty has had its head screwed on pretty straight for the most part.

>For the record this is a good idea. A diplomatic but ditzy empress who is trying to solve the several problems of the empire with diplomacy instead of hitting it with the business end of ghal maraz would be a nice change of pace.

I like this idea. Empress Emmanuelle slowly fucking up so hard that what remains of the Empire becomes a puppet-state for Bretonnia.

The Norse who don't like the whole Chaos stick decided to come down south to the now abandoned or destroyed northern Empire provinces and start setting up camp there.

The Bretonnians end up signing some sort of alliance or treaty with the Norscan barbarians, if for nothing more than to use them as a speedbump against any further Chaos attacks from the north or east.

Tension rises between the remaining factions of the Empire against the Norscan barbarians that have taken their lands, whilst the Bretonnian overlords are basically saying 'Shut the fuck up and deal with it'.

>I like this idea. Empress Emmanuelle slowly fucking up so hard that what remains of the Empire becomes a puppet-state for Bretonnia.
ok, why does she have to fuck up?

Problem is though nothing leads me to believe this is going to be any good. Especially because it still maintains the absolutely retarded super Nurgle plagues.
Not to even touch on how the Empire at this point is destined to get torn to shreds because its been hilariously weakened by having two of its largest city states destroyed. One of which was its most important Port but also having literally half of the Empire get smote. But you have a Succession Crisis getting ready to flare to life while there are still threats and predatory factions lingering along its shattered borders.
It's dead Jim!

>Not partying like its 476 AD.

>ok, why does she have to fuck up?

Eh, honestly it seems a logical progression and I wouldn't necessary blame Emanuelle for it happening. With Bretonnia growing like it is and the Empire in the situation it's in, it seems like a very realistic threat regardless of who is leading the Empire when it happens.

But the future of the Empire, if it has one, will view the Empire becoming a puppet-state of Bretonnia as a fuck-up - even if it's the only option that doesn't leave the Empire a bloody smear.

Or maybe miss THICCerella will actually have the wits to secure better ties with the horde of elves who are migrating en masse to the old world apparently, or allow people of the border princes to settle within the south of the empire to bolster their numbers.

>It's dead Jim!

Eh. Empire becomes Bretonnian city-state, is forced to accept Norse immigrants and eventually becomes a weird cultural hegemony of these three nations.

>Or maybe miss THICCerella will actually have the wits to secure better ties with the horde of elves who are migrating en masse to the old world apparently, or allow people of the border princes to settle within the south of the empire to bolster their numbers.

Works for me. Any way you look at it, the Empire is becoming an interesting cooking pot of races and nations.

but muh civil war to find out who the bigger badder god is.
Its like the simpsons still where people give two monkeys knives and bet on the outcome.

>the empire loses everything that makes it the empire, gets a bunch of snowniggs that will start worshipping chaos and a bunch of ouiboos who will get btfo when they realize dipped lances really don't work when the lady doesn't protect them out of bretonnia.

It's one thing to have the Empire struggle to survive. But this is just stacking the deck way to damn high. If the Empire were merely devastated but had strong ruler step up to try and unfuck everything then yeah.
Or if the Empire was more or less not completely fucked up, but politically speaking was divided and things threatening to spill out in a Civil War it could still recover after the troubles and could fight back somewhat effectively agaisnt outside threats.

This though? It's dumping all of the political fuckedupness onto a completely devastated Empire. It's fucking dead.

Are there people still trying to get rid of the Schism?

Fuck that. Especially this whole 'make the Empire a sub-faction ruled by an idiot' shit.

>but muh civil war to find out who the bigger badder god is.

You mean Ulric v. Sigmar?

Eh, it's never been a massive civil war. Just dispute, disagreement and the occasional skirmish. But when the Empire gets its feet underneath it again and sort some of it's bigger problems out, maybe.

>Welcome to Endhammer, it's not Warhammer edition.

>bretonnia
>loses more people than the empire due to daemon invasion and civil war before endtimes even starts
>loses most of its Knights in the battle of altdorf
>still in a position to conquer he empire

What is this retarded bullshit? Holy crap, Age of Sigmar lore is unironically better than this skub

>the empire
>solving problem
>half of it's major pop is dead
>chief rival emerges from the war unscathed and hungry for more land
>best allies are all but dead.
>world police is now refugees

So endhammer is
>Veeky Forums attempts to continue off from end times exactly as new GW would
the setting?

Earl of Salkalten becomes Emperor by aping Conan and just wrecking shit on his way to the top.

The schism stays. Heinrich and Luitpold are not-too-friendly rivals for the throne.

I don't think Emmanuelle would be considered a viable candidate given that she lost her city to Skaven and had to have it won back for her. She can certainly be a power-broker and have some influence.

It's not fucking dead? I mean how many different ways do people need to tell you that.

Someone just came up with that and it's not accepted by most. Add to that the fact that Bretonnia was like half the size of the Empire to begin with.

I still think that working off of the end of Storm of Chaos would be better. End Times is just such a pile of shit that I can't fathom of anyone could go about trying to fix it. And this Endhammer shit isn't convincing me it's possible.

Storm of Chaos narratively provides just as interesting conflicts and plot hooks and isn't nearly as retarded.

>Age of Sigmar lore
>better than a one sentence idea.

You're standards are slipping, user.

You can read up more on the Endhammer idea here:

>tg tries to avoid the endtimes by making an even shittier endtimes, the setting

>Balthasar Gelt, persona non grata in most of the Empire after his necromantic shenanigans were discovered, has secreted himself in the Court of Emmanuelle von Liebewitz, Elector-Countess of Nuln. Gelt wonders why the Empire should even be allowed to elect a leader? Why not assure the Emperor is someone with true ability and vision; someone like the Supreme Patriarch of the Colleges of Magic?

I prefer this to the idea of Gelt/Settra love fest.

how do you think the empire made by sigmar would survive if Altdorf, the city he fucking founded was razed, the colleges of magic, an institution of the empire for the last 500 years and the cathedral of sigmar are gone

>major city states are gone and the elector counts are dead.

>meanwhile one of the few remaining states of the empire that remained unscathed from the war just sits on it's ass.

>You're standards are slipping, user.

Have you read what the net state the empire is in apparently?

You know, there's only 8 posters in this thread. Spamming the same shit constantly isn't going to make people think that there's more of you bitching.

>Have you read what the net state the empire is in apparently?

Middenheim still stands.

And what do you expect? The Empire got shat over in the End Times.

Or do you want to stick to End Times cannon and the planet is gone entirely?

Holy fucking shit. Do I need to step in here and keep order?

>THE EMPIRE
Nordland's been raided and burned. Salzemund and many other urban centers stand because the Glottkin weren't in Nordland to attack Nordland, but rather passed through on their way to join the greater Host of Chaos.

Eastern Middenland and Hochland were on the direct path of the march and are suitably fucked. But the Drakwald was basically emptied of Beastmen when they marched into the field and got shrekked. There's still some, but for once in their miserable lives, western Middenlanders can sleep easily because beasts are still licking their wounds. Heinrich, meanwhile, orders that the Drakwald start being deforested.

Reikland is largely intact EXCEPT for Altdorf, which was sacked. It is a ruined city, with mutants and chaos beasties and survivors fighting in the streets. Its sheer size ensures that pockets of Empire soldiers and pockets of chaos remnants can remain within its walls, fighting. The Capital would already have been reclaimed if not for two things.

1. Neither Luitpold nor Heinrich can currently marshal the manpower to rebuild the capital and neither wants to suffer the humiliation of trying and failing. At the same time, they know that whoever succeeds will likely have the upperhand in the eventual election.

2. Altdorf's walls allow a relatively small force to hold parts of the city against larger groups of attackers. Luitpold has been trying to make contact with survivors in the city to attack the gatehouse and open the doors to him.

The rest of Reikland remains intact as the greater part of Bretonnia's chivalry sacrificed itself on the plain of Altdorf to brutalize the Glottkin's forces. Big towns and cities like Grunwald, Ubersreik, etc. remain alive. The breadbaskets of southern Reikland and most of Wissenland/Averland are intact.

Neferata and Khalida were assigned to Stirland/Moot (per End Times canon).

>Earl of Salkalten becomes Emperor by aping Conan and just wrecking shit on his way to the top.

I'd back this as a plot.

Except by all logic and common sense it's going to fucking die. The Empire is at its lowest point in thousands of years. Two of its largest cities were wiped off the map. All of its major provinces along with Reikland just had biggest Chaos Pub Crawl blast it's way through. And instead of uniting under someone to try and crawl there way out from underneath the ash, plague and corpses you have the survivors arguing over who gets to rule the plague pit the Empires been turned into. And this is on top of a lot of expansionist factions about to fly on in. (Brett's, Elves, Border Princes and etc.)
Face it, it's dead Jim.

>muh middenheim
Middenheim has what exactly?
>dorf craftsmen
>market from the drakwald

>altdorf had
>the reiksport
>dominating center of riverine trade
>colleges of magic

The big bulwark against chaos was killed off by two bickering retards who want to put their ass on a puckered throne.

>Reikland is largely intact EXCEPT for Altdorf, which was sacked. It is a ruined city, with mutants and chaos beasties and survivors fighting in the streets. Its sheer size ensures that pockets of Empire soldiers and pockets of chaos remnants can remain within its walls, fighting. The Capital would already have been reclaimed if not for two things.

>the biggest port that the empire had remaining has been gutted.
>the place where the magically talented could find a home has been gutted
>the religious home of the church of sigmar, which is what held the empire together has been sacked and burned

>the empire is still expected to stand while the two contenders to the throne are brown nosing each other.

>not to mention one of them literally is locked out of his home.

ah yes, grunberg, the imperial capital.
Has a nice ring to it.

>And this is on top of a lot of expansionist factions about to fly on in. (Brett's, Elves, Border Princes and etc.)
None of this is likely to happen. The Brets are more concerned with the south, the Elves aren't currently expansionist, and the Border Princes are fucked pretty hard as well from Undead and Greenskin troubles.

The Empire is exhausted and is currently caught between two opposing political factions, but the majority of Warhammer factions are too exhausted to do more than regroup and plan for the future. The VC aren't united, the Greenskins are busy else where, Chaos is proper fucked and reeling from a defeat snatched from the jaws of victory. Things are pretty bad for the Empire, but everyone is fucked right now.

>Face it, it's dead Jim.
Repeating yourself doesn't make it true.

read

>THE EMPIRE (con.)

In addition, the southern branch of the invasion was far more intent on getting to Averheim & Nuln. This left the borders of Stirland fucky and northern Averland took the brunt of the invasion.

However, The Battle of Averheim was won by Karl Franz and the arrival of the Dwarfs under Ungrim Ironfist.

Nuln was briefly lost to the Skaven (save the keep), and relieved by Leopold von Raukov (cousin to Valmir, leader of the Nuln Ironsides) and Ungrim as he kept leading his northern Dwarfs west. (Obviously, with the new proposals to the Dwarfs and keeping Everpeak, this may need to change).

Much of Wissenland remains untouched.

Hochland... well, we got no details, really, but it was on the way for Archaon to get to Middenland, so I figure it's pretty fucked.

Ostland and Ostermark are utterly ravaged. The Knights of the Bull in Wolfenburg have been turned to Chaos and their Grandmaster holds the capital of the county as a mutant chaos champion. (He'll probably be meeting Olaf Godhater for shits and gigs).

Sylvania has expanded into the southern part of ruined Ostermark, spreading the taint of undeath.

Talabecland is also gutted, with Talabheim taking the brunt of the Glottkin's force and being reduced to a city-sized altar to Nurgle. (There's been some people hoping to save Talabheim. This can be discussed if you have a suitably kickass idea beyond 'but I want Talabheim to be around!')

Middenheim, I forgot to mention, was saved by the Battle of Middenheim at which many of the Empire's heroes fought, like Gregor Martak, Luthor Huss, Valten, Brunner the Bounty Hunter. I could go on. Reynolds listed a lot of them in his headcanon which was great.

One thing I'd like is for Gelt to become a Supreme Necromancer and jettison the Sigmarine automata idea. I'd like it if he recolonized Castle Drachenfels with some hand picked students where they live an outcast existence, plumbing the depths of Death Magic and other dark arts.

Really, I just want Gelt to go full Victor von Doom

It's always been an interesting idea. Heinrich and Luitpold unable to decide who will be leader. The Norscan warlord pledging himself to the Empire in return for power and influence and eventually becoming an 'Elector Count.'

Maybe it's Heinrich who extends the olive branch first, in hopes of getting more support on his side. The Sigmarites on Luitpold's side freak out yet more, "Now the Ulrican trafficks with heathen pagans?!"

>repeat over and over that the bretonnians want territorial concessions from the empire
>people decide that the elves will migrate enmasse to the border princes
>this will not cause any pressure of the southern parts of the empire.

Oh, and the eastern parts of the empire are pretty much gone. because sylvania is spreading undeath in ostermark.

>This can be discussed if you have a suitably kickass idea beyond 'but I want Talabheim to be around!

Yeah, I'll get back to you on that if I ever think of something more productive than "I like Talabecland's ST colors and usually played as them in Fantasy Battle".

Two new competing ideas for Gelt. I actually LOVE the Victor von Doom idea, especially because he's written to be arrogant and think he is NATURALLY the perfect Emperor. Why are we letting this dumb, inbred landowners lead the country instead of the smartest and most skilled sorcerer in the Empire?

However, the competing idea is that he goes south to Nehekhara to team up with the Toom Kangz.

Personally... I actually prefer the Dr. Doom idea. Though, Dr. Doom is known for making copies of himself and that would make the Sigmarine Automata even more fitting.

>>repeat over and over that the bretonnians want territorial concessions from the empire
Bretaboos need to contain their boners.

>people decide that the elves will migrate enmasse to the border princes
This must be new, since the Elf stuff has been the most inconsistent and overdebated piece of fluff in Endhammer.

>because sylvania is spreading undeath in ostermark
I personally think this should be nixed.

Eastern parts of the Empire are gone because of Chaos. This has been the case for some time. It's even in all of the maps that have been submitted for Endhammer.

>Really, I just want Gelt to go full Victor von Doom
>muhnigga.jpeg

I'd back that idea. An ostracised wizard using the power of Necromancy to defend and aid the Empire that hates him for what he's doing?

Fuck yeah.

Wasn't Sigmar little more than a barbarian to begin with? I'd like to see a sort of correlation between the Norscan Warlord and ol' Siggy. Just some similarities, not the full 'avatar of Sigmar' shit.

Just a strong man standing up to defend his people.

>However, the competing idea is that he goes south to Nehekhara to team up with the Toom Kangz.

I'd leave that for a later expansion to Endhammer. Have Gelt reign as Sorcerer Supreme for a little while while the setting gets its feet again. Then if the Empire really hates his ass they can run him out and down to Settra where he can eventually throw down against Nagash.

It is new. An elf player came in with a bunch of new ideas. We had a vote. He had the most votes with 44% of 60+ votes. He's yet to add his stuff to the Endhammer page, I guess.

Quick Summary:

Tyrion proclaims himself Phoenix King without a vote after Finubar dies in battle.

Imrik's pissed.

Malekith sees the apocalypse coming and seizes Widowmaker, becoming Avatar of Khaine to defend elf-kind (specifically to fight the invasion of Naggaroth).

Caledor sets off the Vortex to weaken Chaos.

Imrik and his peeps angry about the lack of election evacuate to the colonies and principally set up in Tor Elithis.

Tyrion, Alarielle, and his crew evacuate later and end up in the Border Princes.

(I'd prefer a different location)

>his people
>norscan oogabooga in empire land.

the bretonnians will rightfully want something from the empire especially because tweedledum and tweedledee are engaged in a shitposting match to become emperor. What is there to stop a peasant's crusade from crossing the grey mountains and establishing a principality in the empire?

Ignore the steampunk/clockwork part of the Sigmarines and just make them suits of armor animated by souls he's ripped out of hell?
That works, I suppose. Wasn't my idea, though, so I wouldn't know. I added to it, saying that if he's continuing to delve in necromancy, he'll want to get the books. Imagine a magic duel between Gelt and Mannfred in the Border Princes where Gelt kicks his ass, steals his books.

>the bretonnians will rightfully want something from the empire
Why? They've never cared before. Mostly they've warred over Marienburg in the past, and Marienburg isn't a desirable port any more.

> What is there to stop a peasant's crusade from crossing the grey mountains and establishing a principality in the empire?
Dwarfs, the usual Greenskins, and the Empire state troops that still exist and control that border.

Continually being a shitbird about popular ideas isn't going to build support for your own ones.

Please can we just not have Sigmarines at all in any form? They suck.

>What is there to stop a peasant's crusade from crossing the grey mountains and establishing a principality in the empire?

The absolute shitstorm that is Bretonnia?

Those guys are in a bad state and Gilles still has work to do to sort that out.

Giles le Breton isn't a dick.

He launched the Errantry Wars into Estalia and Tilea because he needed to cut the wheat from the chaff of his newly up-jumped knights, and because they needed to kick the Skaven out.

There's no Skaven to kill in the Empire (not entirely, but I mean no Skaven holding territory).

We don't have to have them at all. Geltmarines was an idea I had when the Sigmarines were the only units announced for AoS so far and because they look exactly like Balthasar Gelt..

So Altdorf the largest and most important city in the Empire is currently on fire and unavailable to anyone. Gotcha. Doesn't help your case any. So much for anyone trying to use the River Reik to reach the ocean to trade since Altdorf is currently an on fire charnel house and you also contradict yourself. You claim that it would have been retaken already....Except for neither Successor Wannabee is able to marshal up the manpower and apparently no one can actually get anyone to open up the gates.

Also half of Middenland is on fire and Hochland is gone.

Except it's all alright because at least Middenlanders near the Drakwald are fine not dealing with Beastmen.

>Ignore the steampunk/clockwork part of the Sigmarines and just make them suits of armor animated by souls he's ripped out of hell?

Or just straight armoured skellies. Full body armour so you can't immediately tell they're undead. Gelt's concession to the weakminded fools of the Empire.

>Dwarfs, the usual Greenskins, and the Empire state troops that still exist and control that border.
>the empire is ruined
>it has enough forces to patrol the borders against orcs AND a sizeable bretonnian force.

>at the same time the empire is on the brink of a civil war that is caused by a schism

>the bretonnians who have launched a massive crusade will also hold the homefront.

Sure. Though the proposed rules for Geltmarines treat them as monstrous infantry because they're supposed to be physically-intimidating, spirit-animated golems. Skellies aren't naturally strong.

Sure, they could be Wight Kings in custom Gelt-faced armor because Balthasar is obsessed with himself. I'm having fun imagining the magic duels between Balthasar and Mannfred and Balthasar and Gregor Martak, now.

(Gotta duel to become Supreme Patriarch)

You don't have to agree, but just saying 'no' doesn't help at all. And it's not exactly post-apocalyptic if everything is fine.

Gilles le Breton has no reason to invade the Empire.

The Empire is not on the brink of Civil War. Stop saying that even though you've been corrected repeatedly. You're trolling at this point and later you'll say "I was only pretending to be retarded."

Reikland is dependent on altdorf.

Its like blowing up singapore and saying that the rest of the country is doing fine, so its not all doom and gloom.

It is an apocalypse. I didn't say Reikland's doing fine. I said it's intact. Chaos didn't touch it. It got stopped at Altdorf.

>giles le breton

Is not the only bretonnian whose will overrides everyone in bretonnia. A dispossessed count or some second sons who feel like they should gete land for their valor in the fight against chaos going off and creating their own independent principality in the empire would hardly outlandish.

>the empire is not on the brink of civil war

>a strong emperor is dead
>the people that he leaves behind are shadows of their former selves

The last time this happened, the empire was embroiled in a 900 year state of decentralized mess that ended up nearly destroying it.
And at that time Mandred had left the empire relatively stable and well populated after the skaven plague.

The province is pretty much centered around the city of altdorf. Destroy it and the province is a complete mess. Even reoccupying it won't work anymore because like you mentioned it has become mordheim mk2.

Forgive me if I've been under a false assumption, but Mordheim is a skirmish game is it not? I know Mordheim was a city in Ostermark hit by a meteor, but more than that, "Mordheim" also describes the skirmish system?

I had liked the idea of Altdorf seeing similar running battles through the streets with a random roll every turn to determine whether a beast from the Imperial Menagerie has escaped and an artillery die to dictate what direction it's going in.

it can work as both.
Both places have been devastated and apparently altdorf is run as a mordheim scenario.

This doesn't make the fluff any more palatable. The contradictions are only going to get worse from here on out.

>This doesn't make the fluff any more palatable. The contradictions are only going to get worse from here on out.

Contradictions?

see

So your issue is that a community based fan project isn't finished and is still working out the details?

What are you, an asshole?

Hey, there's an a Idea; a new great Clan; Clan Hemos, ruled by Vampire Skaven that were able to "coerce" a vampire to give a Skaven the Blood Kiss, turning them into a new Skaven lineage. Although not as powerful as a ordinary vampire, they can raise dead Skaven and are considerably stronger and longer lived. How ever, they are both fiercly hated and feared by the current clans, due to their strength and their longitivity. These BloodRats have banded under the banner of Hemos as a way to protect themselves, but despite their great powers, suffer from the Vampires curse and their own Skavenity: No ordinary blood will do, as their food must be tainted with traces of Warpstone, so as to keep their unstable biology powered. They can just put warpstone into regular goblets of blood, but there is a far easier, and cheaper source nearby. Afterall, all Skaven are tainted by Warpstone.

Their leaders are known as Long Gnarls, as their vampirism has caused their naturally long incissors to grow even farther.

its full of contradictions and people are flitting from one thing to the next based on how kool it is. Doesn't matter if it fits into the setting at all.

Malekith who is so self centered that he would rather let the world die because he saw what the sword of khaine did to his dad now picks up the blade of khaine because of reasons.

The high elves whose entire identity revolves around ulthuan leave enmasse and become plucky underdog colonists instead.

I can see them being a major issue in the Skaven underworld. Permanent night would be a massive advantage to Skaven-Vamps.

But I can also imagine the ratmen coming down on that problem HARD. Eshin Assassins hunting down the parasites in their midst, Stormvermin duelling with zombified skaven-slaves.

So your issue is that it's community based, with people voting on what they want?

Why don't you make your own version then? You don't even have to ask anyone else about it, you can work on it on your own without anyone else getting silly ideas and ruining it for you. You don't even have to show anyone.

It will lead to inconsistencies and skub down the line anyway. Might as well watch it burn all the way to the ground.

Until then quit bitching like a fucking fag

nah, you should go and work on your own project.

make me

Anyone playing WFRP still?

But in general, people like the summary of the Empire I laid out?

(Also, Earl of Salkalten needs proper rules and pricing -- probably based off a marauder warlord.)

Skaven Vamps could have potential -- especially with the fighting in the darkness. And it's something Dwarfs would hate even more.

any place online where I can get started with it?

I want to play with people but haven't played an RPG game ever.

Exactly; but remember, this shit is Skaven VS Skaven. They'll not only know how the clans will act, and how they'll try to kill them, but will also be extremely powerful in their own right. Bloodrats would be a good way to rally the clans of the Skaven, while also making the Skaven farless likely to try to invade the surface, now that they have their own undead problem to deal with. Imagine how deadly a Skaven Assassin is; now give him super strength/senses, another century to hone his skills, and make him able to rise ghosts and undead.

Speaking of, maybe the way the Clan starts is that the Clan stumbles across the recipe to Nefereta's elixer. Of course, the 13 Master Clans would love nothing better to get their paws on the Elixir of life, but in the eyes of the Horned Rat and Greyseers, the rising threat of undead Skaven threatens to undermine everything they've worked so hard towards.

Altdorf is the beating heart of the Empire. Home to the College's of Magic the Engineering School, the Empires Beaurcracy, the heart of the Sigmarite Cult and it's major port after Marienburg split. The economy of Reikland is going to implode overnight as well as the economies that are dependent of the River Reik.

>(Also, Earl of Salkalten needs proper rules and pricing -- probably based off a marauder warlord.)

This raises an interesting question for Endhammer: Which has priority - Crunch or Fluff?

>stumbles across the recipe to Nefereta's elixer

Eh, seems like a stretch. I think a down-on-his luck Strigoi feeding off the rat folk and deciding to sire some and start his own clan would make more sense.

>. This can be discussed if you have a suitably kickass idea beyond 'but I want Talabheim to be around!')
Because the super plague was retarded? Because Talabheim is canonically the hardest city to besiege in the empire? Because it's essentially 2 cities, one located inside of a massive fucking crater over 15 miles across that has its own freshwater lake, farmlands and forest? Not to mention it's also the most martial city and a large part of it's citizens are gangsters and cutthroats who form up a pretty large free company militia. It's almost entirely self sufficient, can be reinforced and resupplied by river, and any attacking force would waste thousands to even hope to breach the gates. The maggoth riders and their allies would have exhausted their troops trying to crack the crater and would either have to abandon the seige to focus on their divinely appointed task of sacking altdorf, or they'd be stuck in a pointless seige while also failing to show up at altdorf.

I don't know why we would keep the super plagues in, it was such bad writing in the first place and I long ago thought that's what endhammer was trying to avoid. No super plagues means the Glottkin either lose at Marienburg or get badly mauled when they have to sack the city in the traditional sense. No super plague means no chaos rift that destroys half of altdorf and let's daemon swarms into the walls before the battle even begins. No super plagues means talabheim either survives or the forces besieging it are so bled out that their arrival at altdorf is delayed or they barely contribute. No super plagues means the entire empire isn't infected with nurgle plants and the rivers are solid roads that chaos armies can walk on. No super plagues means altdorf undoubtably survives, and in much better state than it did in the normal endtimes.

>I want to play with people but haven't played an RPG game ever.

Where abouts are you located? Would you be averse to gaming RL?

I'm all for no super-plagues, but I'd still like the Empire to be pretty heavily mauled. The point of Endtimes is to have a post-apocalyptic feel to it. Can't really get that if everyone comes out hunky-dory and smelling like roses.

I'd say Altdorf should fall, Marienburg should be crippled but standing and Talabheim becomes the new center of the Empire where refugees flock to for safety.

The hows and whys of all that can be worked out, this is just broad brush strokes.

>reasonable ideas like altdorf not falling or the elves keeping Ulthuan shot down
>stupid shit like Dr. Doom Gelt with sigmarines, bretonnia invading the empire and vampire skaven is fine
>stupid endtimes points like super plagues kept
But at least it's kool right? And it brings some much needed change to a very stale setting

unless you are currently in calcutta, I doubt it.

Hey, Skaven do have a track record with the Undead; they're the guys that killed Nagash with the Doomblade, remember? Besides, I'm not sure if even a Strigoi would be desperate enough to turn a Skaven. Perhaps we could leave the origins of the Clan up to mystery; but in my opinion, Nefereta's Elixer sounds like a good way to work around the Vampire to Skaven problem. This way, they find it, tweak it to work on Skaven, and than destroy it, ensuring that only those Skaven present could actually make more Skavampires

No the point of Endtimes was to gank the setting so GW could do Age of Sigmar. So they used a fuckton of shitty writing and authorial fiat to let that happen.

>Marienburg survives
>altdorf doesn't
Altdorf managed to stand for a whole 2 years even after the super plague, it's pretty unfeasible for it to fall in a situation with no super plagues.

Also worth noting that the imperials still could have won at Marienburg if the super plague didn't slick up the stones and cause them to lose their footing. The Glottkin would have been outright stopped at Marienburg if it weren't for the super plague, the maggoth riders would have exhausted their armies against talabheim, and Gutrot spume woukd have shown up alone and got rekt by the bretonnians. And the brets would have made it to altdorfs walls and been able to stand alongside the imperials in the coming battles against any chaos forces who made it there. Even in endtimes the timing of the 3 chaos armies arrival and the opening of the rift had to be perfect or they would have lost. No one or even 2 of the invading armies would have been a match for the empires most important city, the bretonnians, and Vlads forces. Especially without the plague storm taking out the heart of the city.

>not putting authorial fiat with kool ideas on a strawpoll
>not watching the unholy concoction come alive.

Keep crying, bitch. Your salt is delicious.

If your ideas were good, people would like them.

Leaving it a mystery works. The Elixer is too valuable a McGuffin to re-introduce.

Sorry, meant Endhammer, not End Times.

>Altdorf managed to stand for a whole 2 years even after the super plague, it

Not fall like go to ruin, just anarchy. Again, the Mordheim idea. The city is only partially damaged, but suvivors have gone into a full 'Me or You' mindset.

All it would need is a strong hand to reclaim it and everything would be back to business, relatively. But both the wannabe-Emperors are vying to be the ones to reclaim Altdorf, for political reasons.

Personally, I'm not against Ulthuan staying up. My only problem is that it means Malekith now has little to no conflict aside from Tyrion. But, I could assume that Tyrion would act as the "new" Dark Elves, as many of Malekiths former followers and disgruntled High Elves follow the new patron of Khaine, Tyrion. Thus, its divides the Elves once more.

I like the idea of Vampire Skaven keeping the Skaven from running amok on the surface. I do dislike the Sigmarines, what Gelt is doing, and the plagues. Especially the plagues. I say we just have the Glottkin and Nurgle forces beeline straight to Altdorf, and sack it as best they can, but not destroy it utterly. Leave the rebuilding of Altdorf a big center piece of the Empire.

>Leave the rebuilding of Altdorf a big center piece of the Empire.

That works.

> do dislike the Sigmarines, what Gelt is doing,

I agree with the Sigmarines. They were really only kept in when it wasn't clear how big the popularity of the miniatures was going to be, so that people could use them in Endhammer if they wanted. But that seems to have gone the way of all flesh.

What would you prefer from Gelt?

Your setting sucks, deal with it. It's just as dumb as the real endtimes but with even more author fiat and fluff rape. I'm just waiting till it dies as hard as T9A did so you can stop shitting up the threads with Sub-AoS fan fiction and we can go back to real warhammer fluff discussion.