Shinobi Quest #37

Shinobi Quest #37

This quest takes place within the lands of the Five Great Shinobi Nations (aka Narutoverse) starting roughly around the beginning of the original series. The world of this quest remains similar to the original, with slight but notable differences in certain areas, based upon the passage of time from a single slightly altered event.

(It’s a goddamn Naruto Quest, you bastards. Have fun, participate, and write in when you feel inclined. Most of the outcomes of this quest will be determined by you, the players. Critiques and questions are always welcome, as my knowledge of the weeby shit is not all encompassing.)

pastebin.com/WiPdCqLH

Previous Threads: suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Shinobi Quest

Last thread, Tsuki narrowed down her option for her future training, and talked to her family about the exams.

The next day, Tsuki spoke to Danzo about Orochimaru, and confronted the former ROOT leader about the Sannin’s role in her birth, and the death of her mother…..

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MC7H1rOU1Gg
youtu.be/ewBOcdz29Sw
youtube.com/watch?v=EV6E13xODyA
youtube.com/watch?v=TdcI-lNBqyg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Glad you noticed the title.

youtube.com/watch?v=MC7H1rOU1Gg

“You wanted a weapon so badly?” You quietly say aloud, to nobody in particular.

“I hope you’re happy with your choice.”

You spin on your heel, grabbing the key to the elevator sitting on the desk.

You walk to the elevator, stick the key in the ignition, and hit the button.

As the elevator rises, one of the last things you see is Danzo, on his knees, not moving.

---------------------------------------------

When the elevator stops, you keep walking. You aren’t sure where you’re going go- but it isn’t here.

Surrounded by the memories of your childhood, these people who raised you.

Servants greet you on the way out- you pay them no mind.

You walk with purpose off of the Norihime grounds, down into the city

The bustle and buzz of Konoha, however, annoys you- so you keep walking.

Eventually, you reach the front gate. You see several chunin guarding the exit- one of them being Nori’s elder brother, Naruto.

He hails to you as you approach-

“Hey there Tsuki-chan! Whatcha doing around this part of town? Aren’t you supposed to be going to dinner with Nori and the rest of your team later?” he asks, smile wide.

You feel like hitting him in the face.

“I’m going for a walk.” you spit, before walking into the surround forests.

I like tits.

For a while, you just wander without true purpose.

The forests, which normally are awash with wildlife and birdsong, seem quiet and empty.

So you continue- one foot in front of the other.
Eventually, you reach a clearing; you only make it halfway before falling to your knees.

Tears, withheld but now free, stream from your face unto the grass below.

You ball your fists, freeing clumps of earth from the ground.

“Mother…. I….”
The woman you had looked up to your entire life.

The woman who inspired you to become a shinobi.

The one person on this earth you wanted to meet, more than anyone else.

….and because of you, she’s dead.

This quest was better when it wasn't popular.

You were better when you weren't popular!

youtu.be/ewBOcdz29Sw

Time for sadness, boys

Get over it or leave.

>Sadness
You mean love from our new mom right?

youtube.com/watch?v=EV6E13xODyA

A slight whisper fills your mind- it is vaguely familiar, but..

“Humans are just awful creatures, aren’t they?”

“Look at what they’ve done to you.”

“You aren’t like them. They never gave you that choice.”

“You poor child. To be bereft of a mother’s love…”

“Let me help you.”

-----------------------------------

Your vision, already cloudy from your tears, blurs further.

You hear your own breathing, growing more labored a feeling of intense heat overtakes you, followed by a wave of nausea.

"...what? I don't..." you sputter, barely able to form the words.

"Hush, child. Sleep. Mother is here." the voice responds- it's soothing voice is the last thing you hear, before collapsing to the ground.

-------------------------------------------------

Poor kaguya
i want to help her

I feel the same way user, she could even be a mother to us

Reminder we're gonna go make up with Danzo, a simple hug before backing off too shake his hand. A new start and a chance too earn our trust back.

No.

Nice song, though.

Yeeeeeah, I'm sure she won't use Tsuki as a tool for her revenge.

Fucking called it, We're getting railroaded to do the rabbit shit.

Maybe the egg can bring us closer ro our mother.

Maybe the egg can give us the mother we never had; a mother we won't accidentally kill this time.

Maybe we should start listening a little more closely to what the egg tells us. It sounds like somewhere in there is someone who knows our pain and wants to help.

She didn't want revenge, she wanted the suffering to stop.
And she gave us that by creating a literal heaven with the infinite tsukuyomi.

The thread just started, user.

Be patient.

By getting revenge.

>Maybe the egg can bring us closer ro our mother.

No it can't, faggot.

>railroaded
>literally nothing has been forced upon us

Are you sure you know what that word means, user?

He doesn't.

Creating an actual fucking heaven where everyone is happy is not any sort of form of revenge, you fucking retard.

Oh she will but who says we have to go along with it.

I like this
Danzo and Father did nothing wrong

Deal with it little bitch
We are on the Rabbit Mom express
We are here for no reason and there is litteraly nothing we can do about it
Might as well leave and never come back

>The classic "I just want the suffering to stop!" trick
You're too easy to manipulate, user.

>who says we have to go along with it.

Who says we'll have the chance to say no when she gets her hands in our head?

>"Hush, child. Sleep. Mother is here."
You are NOT our mother! Don't you DARE even say that!

>Everyone's happy
Everyone is basically brain dead in that heaven.

It literally was not a trick.
She just made heaven and removed all the chakra we were using to kill eachother.

"And he saith unto them, Why are ye fearful, O ye of little faith? Then he arose, and rebuked the winds and the sea; and there was a great calm." Matthew 8:26

I want Kaguya/Rabbitfags to leave. Her heaven was a gentle form of genocide for the whole human race.

>Oh she will but who says we have to go along with it.
The crazy rabbit fucker who can get into our head and mess it up.

Get out of here you bastard
Heaven is for gays and old people
Humans will destroy ourselves and its gonna be a fucking party

How do you fucking reckon?
Did you watch the fucking show? Did you read the fucking manga?

Is it possible to know the definition of braindead if you actually are braindead yourself?

It's not a literal heaven, it's a knockoff heaven. She'd be better off just killing everyone so they could go to ACTUAL literal heaven that demonstrably exists in the naruto universe.

He said "Basically braindead", you retard.

And only she has the power. That's like giving the only gun in the world to a psycho maniac.

Go away Char.

>Implying Wargle so bad as to not let us escape her mindfuck bullshit if we play our cards right and roll high enough
>Having so little faith in your QM
shameful anons
absolutely shameful

Fine then lets just ditch her put on Ebisu's glasses

No, We have a mother, She died to give birth to us, We will NOT make her disappointed.

And they aren't. At all.
There's nothing like that involved.

In 10/10's case, she was simply aware that it was a genjutsu for a while before accepting it.

You see that's the thing, We have to roll high enough or else we get mind controlled or brainwashed.

Kaguya is best morally-ambiguous-mother-figure. Tsuki is already reforming her dads, adding a mom is a good complement.
>Megolomaniacs Anonymous meeting in the ROOT base
>I used genjutsu to turn people into emotionless weapons to fight an intergalactic war to end all wars.
>hmm, we have a lot in common, though I just used classical conditioning.
>I used experimental human transmutation to give my daughter super-powers!

I like how all it took was the mention of Kaguya by Wargle for you guys to lose your fucking minds tripping over yourselves to argue about why everyone who wants to see where this goes is retarded. You guys are the easiest people to troll; you're lucky Wargle isn't the sort of GM to do that.

For once I'm able to watch the thread!

Kabuya....could be interesting. I'd be hella interested in finding a way to redeem her. If nothing else it'd be a very unique story.

Thing is, I'd also want to change her ultimate plan and challenge her view of humanity, which....may not go well.

>>I used experimental human transmutation to give my daughter super-powers!
Woah woah waoh.
He signed off on SOMEONE ELSE using experimental yada yada

Our family made an investment and mum paid the cost. We will not let that investment go too waste, we march back into ROOT and tell Danzo we have work too do. The price has been paid now let's show what their blood has purchased

Kabuya? I didn't know this was Chuckles quest!

Thing is were all using a lot of OOC knowledge here, does Tsuki have any reason to suspect that Kaguya wants genocide

Im sure we will be fine user
If we actually succeed at getting through to Kaguya then it will all be worth it in the end
High Risk = High Reward

>implying he wasn't both figuratively and literally wrist-deep in the experiment
There's no way he could just sit back and observe

We are a product of the root ideology. if we're so unhappy with the output, maybe that's a sign that maybe reviving root is not actually something we want to do. (or maybe tsuki's fine with it as long as other people are paying the cost)

Diplomacy, don't fail us now.

I'm not defending him, just engaging in pointless pedantry

I'd like that to be what we end up doing, but a little suffering beforehand makes for a better character. We are like 12 after all; this would be a difficult situation for most adults to come to terms with, to say nothing of a child.

I'm all for making up with Danzo, he's only ever done good by us. Dad we need a more private chat with. Danzo and Yumi have always protected us

Also we knew sacrifices must be made for the good of all... but until right now, Tsuki was never really told exactly WHAT those sacrifices where.

Yes because high risk options pay out so well in quests usually don't they.
Also that would probably have to be a DC111.

We've been doing pretty good with high risk here. I mean numerous Danzo rolls, Orochimaru, kissing Gaara....

>yumi
Yume. It means dream. Not to be a dick, but muh autism.

Seymour Guado in Naruto when

Agreed.

Also, Wargle, what are the odds of getting super secret training from the rabbits for a month? We disappear into the forest of death for a month, guided by hallucinations of bunnies and weird moon-women, then burst out on the day of the third round, covered in blood and animal furs, and suplex Minato into the stands and call it a new jutsu.

Who's with me?

Better then any other option we have now

Dude this isn't a Som quest don't worry about it to much
Just imagine how good of a story beat this would be
Its gonna turn out great true me

Going through this is probably good for Tsuki if she wants to revive ROOT but avoid having it make the same mistakes its previous incarnation made.

The aliens have access to super-advanced chakra-tech, and we're a mad-scientist.

I'm not hearing a no.

That would be fucking sick but it might be to risky and may fuck us up in the future
Good idea though lets keep that in mind

I'm with you!

Actually that'd be pretty badass, even if it would give the adults in our life a heart attack, and be a major security concern.

No

Even if it would...Imagine the potential! Getting trained by the rabbit goddess. How can we possibly resist

>suplex Minato into the stands and call it a new jutsu.

Funny but probably not happening. Kaguya a shit,rabbit summons an alright.

No.

youtube.com/watch?v=TdcI-lNBqyg

Unlike before, you do not wake.

You simply find yourself standing in an open field, white flakes of snow gently falling among backdrop of the night sky, illuminated by the full moon.

Across from you, stands a woman.

Her cerulean hair, braided into a single tail, contrasts her caramel complexion and dark eyes- but it’s her warm smile that catches you off guard.

“...You couldn’t possibly be…”

You had seen pictures, of course. This woman is the spitting image of your mother-

Asa Norihime.

It takes all your restraint not to run to this woman; everything is just so….

“Tsuki.” The woman says warmly- as if she had known you your entire life.

You drop to your knees, tears welling up in your eyes.

“Tsuki, are you hurt? Why are you crying?” The woman inquires, her concern obvious.

No- this can’t be.

She couldn’t possibly be her.

After all, she was dead- because of you.

The woman, in her concern, tries to rush to your side.

“Tsuki- Tsuki! Why are you so far away? If you’re hurt, please, come here!” she calls.

Why? Why are you being shown this? Your mother is…

“Tsuki, I’m here! Please….”

You…

1. Run and embrace your mother.

2. Hold back- something isn’t right. Something is nagging at your mind….

>2. Hold back- something isn’t right. Something is nagging at your mind….
Dumb imposter. Tsuki is too smart for that.

1. Run and embrace your mother.

Also please shut the fuck up anons.

>1. Run and embrace your mother.

Tsuki detects Jewish Trickery

>STOP MANIPULATING ME

Mum?!

If people really want to try and make up with Danzo, I just want to add something

WE shouldn't have to do anything. Danzo and Tsuki's father are the ones who fucked with her life before she was even born, they should be the ones to take the first step. Until then, we should stay pissed off at them.

>2. Hold back- something isn’t right. Something is nagging at your mind…

Honestly I'm less interested in rabbit outfit, and more interesting in Tsuki the rich girl going on a bender for a month and coming back dressed like a savage. Sounds hilarious.
Well, as much as I am interesting in Kaguya, I'm less interested in being a rube so...

2. Hold back- something isn’t right. Something is nagging at your mind….

God damn rabbit bitch, could you be more manipulative?

We've been getting played since before we were born. That ends now.

Why so you can ruin this like Wrestlequest?

In our current state of mind, we don't care if it might nit be real. We want someone to hold us and tell us it's all going to be okay.