MTG Kaladesh Spoilers

One Remains

Other urls found in this thread:

i.imgur.com/qSuSCgr.png
youtube.com/watch?v=1vU7XqToZso
talinthas.tumblr.com/post/150111624732/kaladesh-you-break-my-heart
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

reposting here. Kaladesh has brought us a cool turn 3 infinite.

i.imgur.com/qSuSCgr.png

youtube.com/watch?v=1vU7XqToZso
Everytime I see that cycle

Instant
Exile target creature you control, then return that card to the battlefield under its owner's control.
Draw a card.

guys I'm getting the impression that UW blink is going to be a deck this standard.

Nice common

This seems pretty good for a flicker effect that cantrips.

That's pretty clever. Too bad it'll never see play anywhere.

>3 mana
Eh

So this is totally a penis wagon, right? I'm not the only one seeing this...

I'd hardly call that a wagon

why not though? you literally can win turn 3 with it. what keeps it from being playable?

It cantrips and if there is a lot of good etb which many of these spells seem to do then it is definitely well costed.

Wait, am I missing something here? Are you saying you'd make Saheeli an artifact in addition to its other types and repeat? I don't know the rules on planeswalkers super well, but I presume it's like legendaries where you would have to sacrifice the other Saheeli and thus it would not work, unless you can activate the ability before you'd have to sac, but I don't know if that's possible...?

You choose which of the copies you keep, you keep the new one.

It's either going to be absolute garbage, or fantastically good. I'm hoping for something with haste and the turn it comes into play it gives you an extra combat and main phase.

It definitely seems to be setting up to be one of the limited archetypes.

That is very true. Seems like it would be very good with the gearhulks.

I just don't see it working. Please prove me wrong and brew something, though. I'd be happy to test it with you in Modern/Legacy.

Make Saheeli into an artifact -> have her create a token of herself and sac the old one -> mill -> repeat

Also fyi folks LRR said on their stream that their video for their spoiler will be up tonight.

Boring set. I'm glad I'm not buying any of this shit, nothing useable in Legacy or EDH

It's a three-piece combo where two of the pieces are essentially useless on their own, and are a very fragile card type.

>nothing useable in EDH

What are you on about?

what cycles in recent memory have not had the red card be worst in the cycle?

He just wants to bitch about everything because the cool kids are all complaining about how shit wizards is now.

the thriving cycle in this set.
The black one is a 1/2 for 1B, the red is a 2/1 for 1R. Red one is clearly better, arguable the best, with it's only competition being the green one.

>plane supposed to be about fantastic artifacts
>all artifacts are shit or have some goofy gimmick that makes them playable

Nah this set is shit bro, make it sound like Mirrodin 3.0 and it ends up being Dragon's Maze tier.

Collective Defiance from EMN, and Pia/Kiran and Exquisitie Firecraft from Origins?

That's all I got

>gear hulks
>fillagree familiar
>the modules

Penis tractor, really.

>wizards prints "ETB: EEEEE"

>gear hulks
White and green are objectively awful, black one is overcosted, blue would be better to cast sorcery in gy instead of instant. Not going to bother with the rest of what you posted because they sound awful

Nah man, it'll be ETB for REEEE

>Pepe
>Artifact creature-Frog
>REEEEEE, Sacrifice Pepe: destroy target permanent
>"FUCKING NORMIES, GET OUT REEEEEE!"

>White and green are objectively awful
>black one would be fair at 3BB or less

it's the red one

no shit

>White is objectively awful
>green is meh
>black one is fairly-costed
>blue would (lose all utility as countermagic plus a body) to cast sorcery in gy
fixed
you don't have much clue pal

have any of you read this? it was mentioned on maro's blog

talinthas.tumblr.com/post/150111624732/kaladesh-you-break-my-heart

jesus fucking christ this is dumb.

I do wish that blue could do instant or sorcery but that might make it too strong.

Summarize it because I'm not reading even 1/3rd of that shit.

I chuckled

No one cares.

>casting a card that would already have "flash" is better than it making a sorcery gain flash

Maybe you don't have a clue pal. Everything else I said is objectively correct and if you don't agree, you are wrong.

>mfw blink spirits

Holy shit

Not really related but does anyone remember the name of that second creature that can be cast from exile, not Misthollow Griffon but the newer one?

>Here's what I think, but first read my entire fucking life story

>green is awful
>8 p/t for 5 mana
>it has trample too
>if you blink/reanimate it, can get 4 more p/t

user, don't be a dumbfuck.

fuck you Im not reading your novel

An actual Indian woman is upset that Kaladesh just has Indian culture and history as background fluff.

Basically, she would have loved an Indian Kamigawa, or at least been happy with an Indian Theros, but to her Wizards couldn't even half-ass enough to call the demons "Asura" or something that even westerners would get.

It's someone venting, but not particularly SJWey if that's what wanted people to see.

>Check my usual card games online shops
>Kaladesh pre orders
>Starcity got chandra at FUCKING $60
>My cheap online shop got her at $50
>"FUCK THAT, I better go to sleep, probably after half a day of some shit the prize goes down since nobody would pay that much"
>Return and check
>OUT OF STOCK AND PRIZE WENT UP

What the fuck?
Why would you pay that much for Standard, and for a card that is not even meta warper at Jace level?

>inb4 some autist says "chandra jtms XD"

When have planeswalkers never been hyped and had prices to reflect as such?

Don't underestimate how stupid people are

These are the same people that preordered the fuck out of Narset and set her price stupid high

People just look at 4 abilities and 4 mana and cream their pants thinking they are getting the next mind sculptor when in reality they are just getting an average standard playable planeswalker

It's the best Chandra ever printed. There's going to be hype for that. Also a 4-mana walker with 4 abilities is good.

Eternal Scourge

In the standard environment, they're all good so far, none of you are good at evaluating cards. If for any other format, no shit, their 5 drops and up that don't win the game or find combo pieces. Maybe edh for the white and blue one so far, but thats it.

That's the nigger! Thanks user.

>haven't been tested yet
>its good

Go fuck yourself

Honestly the more I look at her the more I think shes terrible

Sure you have 3 options to choose from but they are all equally unimpressive

I wouldn't be surprised if she crashed ala Narset

She's definitely good, but still super overrated and only arguably better than Pyromaster.

for edh & the white one, Tragic Arrogance is strictly better because the caster chooses. with cataclysmic gearhulk each player chooses their own shit.

Hosed by stony silence -- too easy to sideboard against, in other words.

>5 mana
>flying
>lightning bolt etb
>6/3

Night Owl enters the battlefield with 7 time counters.

At the beginning of your draw step, you draw additional one card, remove two time counters from Night Owl

Your maximum hand size is equal to the number of time counters on Night Owl

Whenever you discard a card, you lose 1 life.

>time counters

TIME SPIRAL REVISIT CONFIRMED?

It's a worse version of Painter in Legacy since the pieces are harder to find. In Modern it might stand a chance but it's disrupted by bolt, Abrupt Decay, and a bunch of other shit.

flying?

New Demonic Pact?

I'm offering this shit all day.

People talking about this as a Harmless Offering target are simpletons. The downside is trivial for most decks, this is pure card advantage.

The red one. Haste is too weak but first strike or double strike are also possible.

I know that but I didn't expected that people would actually buy them.
When I preordered my Gideons, or my Avacyns, or Emrakuls, said cards had a huge amount of hype before release, SCG hyped them to hell, but even so in every case they got down to $20 (for a single day at least, on my frequented cheap shop) which gave me the chance to get a playset for a fair prize.

Since people are buying Chandras for $50 there's no incentive for the shops to low the cost, which is retarded since she is not better than Avacyn, Gideon or Emrakul.
So I don't know when I would be able to get them because Im not paying that much, is Arlinn Kord all over again.

Which is very sad because I wanted to try Red/Green aggro with Chandras, Arlinns, the new R/G guy and some Delirium engine to speed things up.

The thing is, it prevents you from playing instants during your opponent's turn once it loses its counters.

does this still net you an additional draw when all the time counters are gone?

Flying is not common in red and all of the other keywords the gearhulks have gotten have been very in color so I doubt that will be the case.

If I understand correctly (which I don't because of shoddy translation) You can't bring the counters to less than 1. I assume removing 2 time counters is a cost to draw the additional card. Aka, you could hold up an instant.

Except for bounce spells targeting it, you mean? Maybe as a SB card against hard control decks but it's far from an auto-include in Harmless Offering. It IS an autoinclude in most black decks tho, a nice spin on Phyrexian Arena.

>I assume removing 2 time counters is a cost to draw the additional card.

No.

They all do well at what there generally meant.
>White is geared towards BW control where you'd probably have no more than a creature and planeswalker at a time, and helps clear heavy boards.
>Green can fit into what is very clear a RG monsters strategy that we can see from all the support so far, it lterally gives 4 power to creatures immediately and gives itself as an additional threat, or makes itself threatening.
>Black also can be used in BW control builds or even Bx grindy builds, like GB/x Delirum or B/x Midrange builds, kill biggest creature and gain life back, great card to stabilize with.
>Blue can give U/x draw and go some late game power and push, probably no more than 1 or 2 copies, but being able to just drop a 5/6 and counter a spell/draw some cards end of turn is something that U/x control decks would love.
There are always good cards in standard like this, it's if they find a home or uncontested slot in the mana curve is what can make or break its standard usage.

True. First strike then. Fits the lightning bolt etb better anyway.

The thing is harmless offering isn't going to be a deck after rotation without something equally as bad to give the opponent as a spent demonic pact.

Yes, which is why you don't want to give it away.

>I assume removing 2 time counters is a cost to draw the additional card

No colon on the card, so it's not a cost just a trigger.

Whenever a spell or ability instructs you to do something, you follow as much of those instructions as possible.

If it says to remove 2 counters from it and draw a card but there is only 1 left, you'll remove that one counter and draw a card. Then, next time it tells you to remove 2 counters and draw a card, you'll remove no counters and draw a card.

Perhaps, but "Night Owl" is not that thing.

Agreed, I should note I am not the one arguing that it was.

Flickering it might be pretty neat. I agree that it isn't a mainboard donate option, it's great as an option on the side against maybe control or some blue decks. In an aggressive black deck that needs lategame gas, it can be a blessing and that's how I see that it will be used, if it gets used at all.

During your draw step you get an additional card and remove two counters from Night Owl. Even if it has only one counter, you still must try to remove two and in doing so remove the one.

Honestly kind of reminds me of what people on here were saying about how wizards shouldn't have put black people on innistrad, there are many similarities at least.

4 mana is a bit steep for SuiBlack but if standard is slow enough it will see play.

One thing that amuses me about this is the whole timestamp interaction. If you play another you get to hold onto your cards for a few more turns until you can dig into a third one. It's actually pretty silly.

Not even SuiBlack, just something that doesn't really need instants. Hell, that downside doesn't even matter for a while since it takes 4 turns to reduce your hand size to 0. Still won't see play, most likely. What's bad about it is that it doesn't provide immediate advantage on turn 4, though it compensates with the extra draw.

Wizards is an Amerifat company and so it has to reflect America's makeup in it's cards even when that makes no sense, as with Theros and Innistrad. This is no just because the PC brigade will hound them mercilessly if they don't, but also because Americans are the people most likely to buy the cards so you design the cards to appeal to as many Americans as possible.

tl;dr- Gas America

#SaveMagicKillAmericans

It's not Bob but nothing ever will be. As a non-painful Arena it might even be better in some matchups (RDW for instance).

Innistrad's only vaguely Europe though, a few black people doesn't change that.

Her problem is more akin to us going to the Egypt plane, the only Egypt plane we'd probably get, and it having no Not!Egyptian gods, Not!Pharaohs, or any of that. As in it's basically just a, for example, enchantment plane with pyramids and sand in the background.
No historical egyptian "culture" or the like.

Alternatively, imagine if WotC was a chinese owned company and they decided to do a set on the crusades, and portrayed Not!Europe "accurately" as a legion of Samurai.

You save life, but it takes an extra turn to kick in and restricts your play. An extra draw on turn 5 probably won't be as good as that draw on turn 4, even if it didn't cost you one life.

This clearly has a good amount of power for a standard card, but it's too expensive for the kind of deck that would want it most. Typical.

That card is not usable in EDH. You understand that there's more than two players in that format, right?

there are several cards that instantly gain that life back.

And you understand how easy it is to get absurd levels of life in EDH, right? Or to abuse cards like Eternity Vessel and landfall triggers?

Uh, if you get some sort of infinite life combo going then yeah, it'll work.

>Lifegain deck in EDH doesn't have 50 life to spend casually.
>Don't have ways to get that life back instantly at EoT.

>Rings of Brighthearth isn't a format staple

This set is ridiculously powerful. What are you talking about?

>ridiculously powerful
Now, now, let's not get ahead of ourselves.