/asoiaf/

A Song of Ice and Fire General: Aerys II Had Mad Style Edition.

Objectively, which kingdom is best kingdom?

A Song of Ice and Fire Roleplaying
>mediafire.com/folder/6sar1o14399xv/SIFRP

The Lands of Ice and Fire (Maps)
>mediafire.com/folder/q5a5zbkb30uxo/TLoIaF

A Game of Thrones: The Living Card Game
-Tutorial, Rules and Errata
>fantasyflightgames.com/edge_minisite_sec.asp?eidm=10&esem=4
-Card Spoilers
>cardgamedb.com/index.php/GoTCards.html
-Deckbuilder
>cardgamedb.com/index.php/gameofthrones/game-of-thrones-deck-builder

>Objectively, which kingdom is best kingdom?
Stormlands

> Rains all the god-damn time
> Sometimes it rains so bad that castles disappear
> Half the kingdom exists solely to keep the Dornish out

No thanks.

>not wanting a martial kingdom to keep the dornish menace out and to steal some qt dornish maiden to make Storms with.
shiggy.

Stormlands is like third after Dorne and Reach.

Southern Westeros is just better I guess.

Praise based Baratheons

this.

Can't wait for the battle on ice
>stannis genociding frey fucking shits and making the north bend the knee to him.

It hurts knowing Stannis probablywont get what's rightfully his in the end

Hell no, martin gonna change the book to match the series.

eh, he will be a measurement against which later rulers will be measured by the fanbase. Its a pretty good legacy.
sure thing Dabid

I'd accept an argument for the Reach, but there's no way you can convince me that Dorne is the best kingdom. The best thing Dorne has produced is the Sand Steed, and it's questionable whether or not the Dornish can actually take credit for that.

Dorne can be credited for flouting restrictive Andal tradition, surviving centuries of two other kingdoms beating down on it, coming closest of all Westerosi to beating the Targs, and generally eking out a (relatively) cosmopolitan existence despite their land being mostly mountains and deserts.

I'd almost say Dorne, due to generally better social climate and ass-kicking of Targs, but the Reach has Oldtown.
I love Oldtown. It has Maesters and shit. Fuck yeah Oldtown.

I wish I had a crown in the shape of windswept turds.

Starting a new game soon and have heard the mass combat rules don't work. Is there a fix or a homebrew solution already out there, or am I going to have to write something up myself?

If it wasn't constantly being bumfucked by hill tribes I'd be tempted to call the Vale the best kingdom.

> Naturally defensible
> Sustainably fertile land
> Muh pure Andal blood
> Fuckin' gorgeous

They do and they don't, half of them works in a certain situation and half in another.
You cannot have both and cannot switch back and forth.

you forgot
>ruled by an imbecile who drinks momma's milk at 5.

Probably would have been a contender in Jon Arryn's day, when there was a firm, respected man in charge and the wildlings were too scared of him to do anything.

I wonder how much of the vale fell to pieces because of lysa. The mountain tribes were going nuts all over the passes when she died.

>Sustainably fertile land

I hope you like population density comparable to the fucking North.

I know it's technically not a kingdom but Dragonstone is da best.

its pretty much targaryen troy

Think the Reach may be the best place to live.

>tfw Father is getting fucked over again

Maybe if the Seven don't want to get fucked they could try doing something once in a while

It's not that hard to shit out a shadow baby once in a while, y'know

That's what he gets for using a fucking laptop.
>he fell for the windows 10 update.

Good ol' reliable 7

Huh, I didn't think he was still active, no idea why.

He took a month off to get caught up with some real life stuff then when was suppose to return got call in for work and had to wait intill today but his laptop shit the pants.

Qarth.

>The only place more inbred than Kings Landing.

>Brynden will never have children with Isis and spawn genetically pure Valyrian children.

I dunno, there doesn't seem to be nearly as much madness among the Qartheen as there was among the Targaryens. They all look pretty similar, but they probably have a drip-feed of rich foreigners they let in to provide new genetic material.

That said, just about all the Free Cities, Slavers Bay, and Qarth are supposed to be much nicer/cleaner than Westeros. How many Westerosi lords do you think attempt to liquidate their assets to just go live as a moderately well off person in Essos? I know that's what I would do.

Im not sure but i do think there are some who has done it. But for the life of me i cannot remember who.

Makes me wondering there is any house creation for Free Cities ?

Like creating a Lyseni trading family or something like that

Eh, probably a little less interesting. I imagine small "houses" in the free cities have a much higher turn over rate. Claims are a lot less important than wealth, so the names move around a lot more. Only the highest echelons are stable for an extended period of time and even then families would fall and others would rise pretty quickly.

Why do you do this to me user?

Rhaeger was almost as crazy as his father.

You mean he was slightly less crazy than a totally sane man?

Sign me right the hell up for a king like that.

So it would pretty much be faster hardmode ?

Sounds like a good time honestly.

It's surprisingly easy to turn over a profit if the players are dedicated to the cause, even if the GM tries to throw up roadblocks the players will find some way around it in order to fill their halls with Valyrian Gold.

>Source
Had a game where the players made a ludicrous, Karban-esque, amount of money through shady business deals and several iron mines. They wound up founding a bank in the Westerlands to rival the Iron Bank of Braavos.

What's the deal with Father?

Basically he dreads having to deal with us all again, especially all the shitty namefags, and keeps making up reasons not to post threads.

can't say I blame him.

What does Veeky Forums think of the white walkers?
are they necessarily evil?

Ancient Evil.

NEW BOOK WHEN GURM

Probably, but the Others are intelligent enough to believe that they're in the right.

No. They're an embodiment of an idea that ought not to exist. If the origin in the show is the same in the books, and IIRC I think GRRM admitted it is, then they're the result of the Children trying to push against a natural order they had no right to push against.

Think about it, they're supposed to be the embodiment of nature, but they go so far to avoid survival of the fittest that they create magic ice zombies to defend themselves? That's asking for divine repercussions. Ice preserves, that's a big problem. Not everything lasts forever, and understanding/accepting that is a vital part of knowing the natural order.

Which race is best and why is it the Rhoynar?

Ibbenese.

this.
Or naath.

That's not the Lengii.

Sarnori are a close second, but they ended up getting buttfucked.

The Jogos Nhai are pretty cool as a kind of african-mongol fusion culture. Plus, zorses > horses

>people talk about how realistic everything gurm does is.
>the mountain charges alone into a pike line and destroys it.
Ayy lmao.

Anyone who argues that is dumb as a sack of hammers. ASoIaF is almost Howardian fantasy hiding under an incredibly thin veneer of realism.

>>people talk about how realistic everything gurm does is... COMPARED TO OTHER FANTASY WORKS
I mean, does anyone else remember when Aragorn charged into a line of pike? Or for that matter, when he jumped off a wall into the middle of an invading army... and survived?

I think authentic is a better word to describe the series.

aragorn did neither of those things.

He did in the films. And that's what most morons will have as their point of reference.

most morons need to be lobotomized then.

I find it interesting that gurm talks about how tolkien doesn't talk about aragorn's tax policies, while we don't know what littlefinger does except borrow from banks.

Littlefinger is pretty much an analogy for the modern state of politics. To advance his own power he supports wasteful spending and constantly borrows more and more to support a state that by all rights ought to be bankrupt, and the bankers allow it because they are perfectly happy to put everyone in the state he is managing into debt slavery.

I thought he was supposed to represent the the renaissance coming to Europe?

The banks came with the renaissance and the collection of wealth in city-states, so maybe.

or maybe, just maybe he is just a cheeky character who fucked his way to the top.

I mean, granted, his relationship with the wife of a lord paramount and hand of the king was his way to get his foot in the door of the lucrative position of master of coin, but I don't see that rampant nepotism invalidates the comparison to modern politics.

nepotism and governmental corruption has always existed since there have been organized governments. It has nothing to do with modern politics.
I wonder if its the prevalence of the internet that makes people see the most retarded connections between two very different things.

To me littlefinger is symptomatiic of the rot that has seeped into the seven kingdoms post rhaegar getting gibbed and the kingdom being run by a fat drunk whoremonger and a hand who was too old and didn't care about anything except keeping the kingdom stable.

Rhaegar was supposed to be the opposite of what robert's reign became.

>advocating Targaryen rule
hahahahaha faggot you might have had an argument if not for that

He's the future nigga. Liquid wealth is worth way more than fiefs and serfs.

Also, Rhaegar was a bipolar spastic who everyone loved because he played the harp good and had pretty hair. He would have made as good a king as Renly.

Rhaegar was 11/10 perfect crown prince and would save the 7 kingdoms and be the best king ever.

If not for that northern whore and her witchcraft.

Easy there Targfag, stow your autism for a second.

>targs are bad because of reasons
aerys had a good stint before he went off the deep end.

>liquid wealth is worth more
this is a largely stagnant setting. Land and labor are often times the most valuable resource one can have, especially with winter approaching.

And Rhaegar didn't even get to his stint before going off the deep end.

I'm not saying Targaryen rule is good, just that it's the same as Baretheon at this point.

The difference is from what we see of rhaegar, we know he was the opposite of bobby b, willing to listen to other lords and actually learn stuff he was not good at.

Bobby was a frat boy in his 40s still thinking about his waifus while his kingdom was being run into the ground.

Rhaegar was also prone to secluding himself away for days or even weeks at a time because of his wild moods.

He did, regardless of intent or mutuality, start the whole Rebellion by provoking Robert by kidnapping a woman who was promised to another.

>a woman who was promised to another
And who promised her?

Not herself.

That's irrelevant. We're not talking about how good a guy he is, we're talking about how good a king he is.

He did the same shit Robb did, but worse. He buttfucked a whole goddamn country for his personal feelings. Admittedly, Robert does the same, but that's my point.

So you think joining every single Lord Paramount house in marriage should be overlooked by the ruling family because there is no way that could possibly end badly?

In the options between maybe a war and definitely a war, he picked the latter. He managed to piss off the Martells by cheating on his wife.

He screwed the pooch in every possible way. He may as well have legalized Iron Born reaving he made such a bad decision.

>cheating on his wife
The Targaryens practiced incest and polygamy.

There was no cheating involved.

He had no sisters. He had his own wife, Elia Martell. Who he spurned for anothers betrothed.

More importantly, and really what should be said first, is that if he was such a good man why didn't he stop his father?

He was going to. Told Jaime that when he came back he would "deal" with his father.

that was literally what the tournament at harrenhal was all about. All the major lords who were becoming increasingly uncomfortable with how off his rocker aerys was getting were going to come together, and prince charming was going to be there as well. Varys got wind of it and told the old man. Because he couldn't kill them all without proofs, he just went there and cockblocked it.

Rhaegar even told blondie that once the war was over he would make changes.

Does anyone think cersei had the right of it? If she had married rhaegar, she would have made all the babbies he needed for his tarded prophecies.

No, because she has her own prophecies.

>Believing in prophecies

Bet you guys think Whitewalkers are real too.

how are white walkers not real if sam stabbed one?

lol who the fuck is sam ?

You shouldnt believe old stories meant to scare children. Bet you think giants exist too ?

yeah, only dragons existed. pfft

>muh pure Andal blood

Hardly. House Arryn is the oldest line of Andal nobility in Westeros, but the Vale is not anymore "pure Andal" than anywhere else. The second most powerful house in the Vale are the Royces of Runestone... a line dating back to the First Men.

Every one in the Vale is an Andal/First Man mutt.

are there even any pure first men bloodlines?
Is jorah pure?
Do you think he will find his waifu?
talking about the book BTW

Jorah got shit luck when it comes to women. So i doubt it.

kinda feel bad for him, but his punished jorah transformation is pretty badass. If even an edgelord like tyrone shut the fuck up after seeing him, it means he probably looks like doomguy.

Anyone have the
>sunset found her
wojack edit with gurm's face?

Skaggossi and Mountain clans in the North would be the purest

they would largely be inbred, especially the skaggossi.

Not a drop of Southtron blood in them, sir. Isn't that what you asked, just in a different packaging?

the skaggossi would be largely inbred, like ozarks tier inbred.

100% inbred First Men blood.

None purer. Or maybe that of the Free Folk beyond the wall.