What skills are used for trapfinding in your game?

What skills are used for trapfinding in your game?

Perception, Investigation Persuasion

How does Persuasion help?

Slowly steer the conversation about the topic until somebody inevitably steps onto it .

Heavy GM vetoing and not playing with desperate grognards from /d/.

Religious Ritual and Exorcism. Failing that, Broadsword.

Sleight of Hand

I don't use traps, they're a clumsy way of taxing resources.

And most systems don't have catalogs of cute clothes to buy them.

Cunning or Luck would be the most typical, but I could also see Affection or even Athletics depending on how you approach the task.

Gather information.

Seriously though, d&d-style traps are retarded beyond belief. If I use a trap it will be something out of Indiana Jones, not something out of Home Alone.

Seduction.

underrated post

While they may be disgusting, that's not what grognard means. Desperate /d/eviants are almost always the polar opposite of grognards.

If you're not using Grimtooth's Traps, you're doing it wrong

Generally just force the fighter to go in headlong if a trap is suspected and see how badly he comes out of it.

So I take it your GM's magic realm is dom traps?
Either that or killing-power bottoms

>/d/eviants are almost always the polar opposite of grognards
Elminster spent considerable amount of time as a woman.
Elves had tranny god since AD&D.
The entire Gor setting.
And I'm sure you'll find more examples that there are deviants even among the grognards

>The entire Gor setting.
Oh, God, don't remind me.

Well that's where the power of roleplay comes in, user. "The sword passed down from my father's father, infused with the blood of an ancient dragon" could just be "+2 sword"; "powder-blue A-line boat-neck sleeveless midi dress with four lacey petticoats, white knee-high socks, navy-blue heeled booties with a single broad sapphire across the top; silver tiara and matching pendant necklace" is better than "noble clothing".

10 ft. Pole or Summon Monster I.

Take the grappler feat.

>The entire Gor setting.
Wasn't there a Gor cult in the U.K. that kidnapped a few women?

While I'm thinking about it, anyone have that "she is plant" thing?

Aye, sort of.
Reading into it, it seems the women came to cult voluntarily, but were then forced to have sex with strangers, with the leader-man getting paid for said sex