How to have a Gay old time

So, I want to talk about how you get Gay in your games. Gay players, how often and how do you play your characters? Are they gay, or do you play it straight. Why?

When you go gay, do you ever make your character a self-insert image wise, have you ever based them on a crush or SO? Mix types and roles, have a big Bear thief, or a twinky Fighter, or a super camp Paladin?

Romance in character? Funny stories about people getting squicked out, touching tales true love - tested through trials and tribulation, or torn apart by betrayal, or suffered one sided in silence?

Any str8s ever play a character that loved his fellow man more than most?

Fuck off /u/boats, women can't actually love anyways and vaginas are icky and drippy. Bi guys are alright.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TV0ZDfZKNjY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The sad part is I think your actually serious.

I'll start. I actually am a bi dude, so glad I said they were cool here.

I usually don't make a thing of it when I play gay characters, the whole three times I did lol. Not terribly inventive I'm sad to say, one was a green Agri-World Guardsmen that was quiet and repressed about it because of the expectation of having a family to help with farming, further shamed by a simplistic view of Slaanesh cultists as being sodomites and sex addicts. Played him as slightly overprotective of the slender Psyker, identifying with his struggle against his own nature but equally being scared of him as an example. Flustered easily by the other Guard PC since she was an aggressive veteran that had all the little moral looseness a veteran is expected to have. Ironically, she teased him for being gay the whole time but never believed it, just thought he was a hick Virgin who was a little simple. Was also responsible for using him to bait the cultists as "he was perfect recruitment material" being shy, quiet in the way only a man big enough to stop fights by standing up can be, and with the "ability" to blush from a single entendre.

Ironically it worked, I say ironic because the cult was for philosophers and artists and they were ascetics (My GM doesn't do lewd except vaguely or implied) and they needed someone to carry things.

I didn't tell anyone OOC or IC he was gay until after the game when the FemGuard, who died halfway through and was replaced by a local arbite who saw too much, joked about it being a shame he never got to experience character growth and if I was just jealous because I wasn't getting any IRL. Flabbergasted when I said he would have preferred the Psyker if he wasn't an abomination.

I guess this was also the story of "The time I half-assed came out to my group."

Fuck off, faggot.

Why not? It's role playing. Despite being bi I feel like I play more cliche gay characters.

It would be interesting to hear how straight people play them, or other gay guys. I've never really noticed any serious homophobia in groups, more so just sit like calling stuff or each other gay but not maliciously.

Sometimes people at the FLGS seem uncomfortable in the "not that there's anything wrong with that" sense, but that's their deal.

The few times it's come up, it's been people who clearly have plenty of their own issues and would probably freak out over a girl, or yugioh player just as much.

It helps being 183cm and 90 kilos from scrambling and hiking and such as opposed to meatbread and swivel chair spread.

I'm gay and
>women can't actually love anyways
>vaginas are icky and drippy
this is why nobody likes white gay guys

> youtube.com/watch?v=TV0ZDfZKNjY

Why don't you admit you don't have the balls to be a queer?

> Calling a gayfag a faggot on Veeky Forums

We're all faggot here user. I just happen to enjoy sucking dick, instead of disliking it but apparently being unable to stop doing it like you.

Anyways, I've seen people talk about this before and have good ideas and funny stories. Anyone else want to share, or was Friday morning a bad time?

I'm a faggot, but playing a gay character would probably make me as uncomfortable as the rest of the group. I'd rather just leave romance out of roleplaying desu

I am homo and I mostly play straight fellows. Although I don't really consider sexuality of the characters that much since it doesn't come up like that. About only one time there was a time when my male druid was offered hand of the princess for defeating evil wizard, but he rejected it on grounds of his celibacy.

But really, this seems just like shitposting aiming to rile people up.

>fags baiting fags to post about being fags

You have a containment board. Stay in it.

It was a joke dude. I thought the "icky drippy vaginas" would be too much to take seriously.

/u/ posting is shit here though, because fetishfags ruin it and don't even post anything interesting.

Also check I'm actually a degenerate greedy bisexual. Nobody likes us because we can go bang dudes in hotels and take women to family dinners. Or vice versa for ladies.

Please get hit by a bus.

>playing war paladin
>basically a blood and guts barbarian
>dm tries to have my paladin seduced by a barmaid
>my paladin is very gay
>dm argues that he should fall as no war god would approve of the gay
m my honor,
he stopped dming after that because this was the same dude who got mad when someone was playing a black elf

>>>/anhero/

>in this game there are a hundred dragons, each with glimmering crystal soul
>the mighty elves search for a song to end the world in the tree homes
>this bear has a phd and is a state sponsored necromancer
>eh, sorry user, your character is really breaking the immersion
whoops, I can cast lightning from my dick but I can't be a wizard who kisses other wizards

The whole 'lifestyle' thing that some faggots are trying to push annoys me, but I'm not going to stop fucking other men because of it, and I'm not going to ban it from my table unless it begins to interfere with everyone's fun.

But if it does, and you refuse to compromise, the hammer comes down. You're not here just for your own amusement.

Well that's my thing. Like, the one character I shared I didn't even tell anyone he was gay during the game. I felt too self conscious before coming out that it would give me away, and after like - well like I said. What if I accidentally made it my crush and people noticed, would that be weird. Or would it be too much of a self insert?

The second gay character I played was straight up Freddy Mercury in 4E and I went full magic. Rolled high for Int and Cha but poor for STR and Con, okay Wis and dex high enough to go with bladesinger.

Took Cantrips and Diplomacy and acted like a Bard and as the party face. Flirted for free drinks, to for our freedom from an Orc chief, to getting us at first into trouble with a princess and then out of trouble with the Queen, and actually was the only time he actually slept with ANYONE as she kidnapped him when we tried to leave. It was fade to black, because I might be Bi and kind of a faggot, but at least I'm not a smutfag.

It was more of a jab by the DM at how heavily I'd leaned on having "Too much Macho" since I was playing Freddy wearing a wizard hat. I actually took bladesinger partially because they can wear leather.

Even then, although everyone knew who I was playing, the joke was less that he was gay and more that he was so charming and sexy that dudes would be not quite gay, but Freddy-sexual.

Overall it was about 50% awesome and 25% cringe and 25% neutral.

>When you go gay, do you ever make your character a self-insert image wise, have you ever based them on a crush or SO? Mix types and roles, have a big Bear thief, or a twinky Fighter, or a super camp Paladin?

This degenerate here....

The only time ive ever come across a gay in my entire 4-5 years RPGing, is this one guy who thought it'd be fun to play a gay in a super realistic 1920s cthulhu game.

So i says; well if my character finds out your a daffodil, dont expect him to treat you nicely, not at first.

Gay goes all "muh diversity" and gets me banned from mythweavers.

Degenerates cant play a normal character.

i have a gay dude at my table, but he never brings it up and just plays the game. like a normal person

When in Rome, act like a Roman. When running a game in social progressive central...

I've played every gender as every orientation under the sun. I'm not crazy about romance by itself, but I consider orientation to be some part of a character, so I always try to define it when I'm thinking of one. And sometimes, characters do click together. I never base my character's feelings on mine, because I'm actually asexual, so, well, that'd be hard. I just like playing a different thing every time.

I'm playing a pansexual (as in, I'm using the term instead of bi because he actually could be attracted to any sentient race) knight in a relationship with a man. I'm pretty sure nobody knows, not because they hide it, but because they are too damn stoical to show any form of affection in public.

I've played a post-apocalyptic butch lesbian biker during a one-shot game. The only reason it came out (eh) was that some NPC tried to seduce her. She was a bit of a stereotype (muscley, mannish, one of the guys).

There are a lot of LGBT players in my circle. So gay/bi characters are frequent, though funnily enough they're as likely to be played by the straight players as the gay ones.

Read: when your self insert and magical realm are the same thing.

>>get out

>make female Conan
>intend to plunder, murder, and screw all the guys worth screwing
>gm gives waifu NPC companion
>gm has another female NPC date rape pc
>gm throws more waifus into path
>AND MORE
>barbarian is still straight, highly confused, and drowning in pussy
Sends help.

I played one bi character, but nothing really came of it. He started out crushing on another male character, but before he made a move which was clearly romantic he and a female character got super close during a party, so he wound up with her instead.

> Someone playing a black elf

Like, not a dark elf or drow but just a melanin enhanced knife ear? Honestly that sounds like a fun way to play with fantastic racism.

Anyways I only wish you had the chance to point out the Sacred Band if he tried to pull that "War God's don't like touching dicks" thing. It's always fun when they try to say it's unreal.

> Game already has elves, how could your character be gayer than that?

I mean, I had to talk with my GM one time I played a gay dude and told them at the beginning he was gay. Call of Cthulu where I was playing actually a war vet lol who had PTSD and such keeping him up which is how he got involved. It was just a side note to wiggle it in about how he got section 8 for PTSD and it never got better, he got married after a few years and tried to settle down but eventually his husband left him and after that he just kind of gave up and withdrew from the world.

I hadn't played before, new group, and the DM just wanted to make sure I wasn't going to try any ERP or flirt with the other players and make them uncomfortable. I pretty much just put it on there to give him a reason for isolating himself from the military, and just because I never really play gay characters.

He got arrested pretty quick, and I learned that "Five rounds rapid" MIGHT work on the cultist controlling the monster beast, but good luck convincing witnesses.

So yeah. My point is I guess was the DM just concerned he might have to RP stuff he wasn't comfortable with if you flirted with NPCs, or just a bigot? I kind of sidestepped that by not telling, playing a joking character, and talking like adults/playing CoC.

People who feel the need to wear their sexuality like a badge are the fucking cancer of this Earth.

t. Regular Cockgobbler

Please go away and never come back.

If I play a male character, they are usually gay. If I play a female character, they are usually bisexual. It almost never comes up in any game. The GM really enjoys backstories and when we complete a campaign, it's become a thing where each person says what their characters do afterward. I like my characters to have happy endings, so they usually find love.

>not sure if false-flag or just obnoxious

I've played two characters who were probably gay, but it never came up ingame except for one of them getting uncharacteristically friendly with a recurring DILF sorcerer NPC whenever we ran into him.

See what I mean about /u/boats? Nothing against women or lesbians, but for some reason whenever they come up in RPGs it's just fucking painfully done.

> GM has another female NPC date rape PC

Although I think there are deeper problems than /u/ just having a straight barb. It's like, people take gays too seriously and lesbians not seriously at all.

And your GM is dialing up the creep factor. I hope you're a guy and she's an attractive girl and it ends with surprise relationship. But it's probably just shifty magical realm.

Like, players characters?

Please read my posts before going all "muh degenerate". Besides, we've all got that character that we cringe about. Whether it's a SI that was gay or not, or a half-demon half-wizardly creation that isn't part of any race and let's them hide the demonic part. But still use demonic template and powers at reduced effectiveness/increased cost. Except if they REALLY need to they can instead BOOST their powers, but then the ArchDemon whose power was stolen to make them will know they are still alive and start tracking them. No, it's not sealed with an eyepatch. It's a giant eye that opens in their chest. Because of this they're a brooding loner that has trouble trusting people.

Honestly. A gay SI or character based on a crush is like, only mildly embarrassing and you might be the only one who even ever knew it.

"Camp" is the term. Stereotypical gay dudes. Thank god they don't have a death grip on gay culture anymore. Hell, most gay dudes I know don't even go to pride. Fucking lines and drama and bullshit. We got better things to do than crow about cock.

See, I find it interesting that you think the characters are "probably" gay. Like, you don't know or they didn't know? That sounds like a sign of good role playing.

Also, what part sounds like false flag? I just kind of wanted to see how other people handle it, because as much as I don't want to just play gay characters because I'm gay, I also don't want to avoid playing them because I'm gay.

Well, Bi but whatever.

Kind of why I wanted straight people talking about it too. Since they probably don't have a bunch of the hangups about doing it.

Especially for me at least after coming out. I have a good group and whatnot, but they are all straight, but gay characters have happened for various levels of joking to side notes to one guy whose character was grieving and looking for an honourable death to guarantee reuniting in the afterlife. That one actually kind of went funny/weird when the Druid had been saving all his loot (because muh one with nature and muh minimalist) and paid to resurrect his lover (no gay marriage) as a surprise. Character was happy, player was kind of pissed.

But the whole gay part was just kind of there. Used to fluff why he picked that religion, excuse him from any flirting with NPCs because having a dead wife seems to trigger consolation sex, a reason for no kids and whatnot keeping him from finding death.

RPGs. Whether with sci-fi aliens or fantasy mythological races, the only time Pan-sexual makes sense.

>See, I find it interesting that you think the characters are "probably" gay. Like, you don't know or they didn't know?
One of them was a young half-elf manchild who just hadn't thought about love very much. With the other it really didn't matter due to the nature of the campaign. I only have one group where I'm comfortable enough to play anything but straight guys, so all my other PCs have been just that.

>Also, what part sounds like false flag?
The /u/ comments, mostly. I hate schmaltzy "muh lesbian ladyknights" greentext stories as much as the next guy, but I wouldn't start off a thread by saying so if I were actually interested in worthwhile conversation.

I've played with a number of non-straight folks over the years (homosexual, bi, pan, ace, etc), and as players they're not all that different from straight ones. You get more or less the same player types and all.

Some of them have made their characters non-straight too. It hasn't really been a big deal: they have social awareness and we're not smutfags or ERPers.

Fuck off.

I never really think about my PCs sexuality, it just doesn't occur to me.

>Player is gay
Yeah, so? Big deal. It's not going to chance his fucking defence value or something, so why does it matter?

>Player comes onto others in the group
Hey, they're not into you. Quit it and let's just play.

>Player is an obnoxious shit who keeps using his gayness as a point to feel attacked about
Yeah, you know what? I will fucking attack you about this. Get the fuck out of my house and don't bother coming back

>Character is gay
Yeah, so? Big deal. Just FYI though, I don't feel comfortable playing out gay love interests, or really love interests in general, so don't expect that.

>OP hates on /u/boats and says women can't love
Oh you were trolling all along. Get the fuck out, faggot.

Keep in mind, not all homos are faggots and not all faggots are homos. You can be homo and still be cool. You on the other hand, are a faggot, so kindly go and reconsider the life choices that made you so unlikable.