What's happening to iota? FUD or is it scamcoin?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=I_jNH9BlEEo
iota.org/
iota.org/IOTA_Whitepaper.pdf
medium.com/@harmvandenbrink/how-elaadnl-built-a-poc-charge-station-running-fully-on-iota-and-iota-only-e16ed4c4d4d5
medium.com/@IngoFiedler_96862/the-distribution-of-iota-tokens-dc70ea49b148
cointelegraph.com/news/iota-interview-trust-systems-are-absolutely-pivotal-today
explorer.acinq.co/#/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

have you looked at literally any coin recently and noticed some kind of pattern

>Hint: Try looking at bitcoin

Overhyped right now given there's no actual application of the stuff yet

>tfw I met some leaf on a bar in Taipei last night who told me he had IOTA.

MAKE IT CRASH! ONLY I CAN SUCCEED REEEEEEE

Heres a screenshot of the creator sperging on reddit after getting called out for lying about their microsoft partnership.

Being in the same room with microsoft and a bunch of other companies is NOT THE SAME as being in a partnership with microsoft.

"Microsoft is one of 30+ participants in the DATA MARKETPLACE"

Pic related. Its a scam

No microsoft, cisco or samsung partnership

And none of their shills can provide any proof DIRECTLY from any of these compainies that iota is working with them. Its all just fake news and cryptoblog clickbait

im thinking about cashing out iota, i got in at 90 cents anyway

>there are literally people in this thread RIGHT NOW who are still holding this scammy fucking shitcoin
Nothing but pity for you guys. Second last in patheticness slightly above linkfags.

shit you're right, im cashing out
suggestion for what to get instead? still made 400% profit im happy either way

Nah... IOTA solves a lot of the problems old blockchain-currencies have.

There is a lot of anti-IOTA-shilling from the miner-lobby, but if you look at the tech behind IOTA is the only interesting cryptocurrency on the market. Enter now. You may thank me later for this advice.

youtube.com/watch?v=I_jNH9BlEEo

Look at their fucking website. It's 100% normie bait. The website doesn't even fucking work because it's trying so hard.

iota.org/

lmfao it's laggy as fuck

u fucking idiots got 4x+ gains in less than 2 weeks and ur literally gunna sell cuz its not rising fast enough. just hold it you ADD retard fucks

Lol "normie bait"... Did you realize, that cryptocurrencies already arrived at the mainstream about a year ago?

IOTA is just the next step.

it's not because it's not rising fast enough fucktard i've been holding this for 4 months, it's that the "partnership" issue is pretty big for credibility

>write their own cryptographic hash function
>it's just broken

muh tech

Just watch it go up again in a few hours.

Before you judge, just read the whitepaper about the tangle.
If you understand a little more about what the tangle is and what it can do, it will blow your mind.

iota.org/IOTA_Whitepaper.pdf

Oh and buy in now if you haven't already.

>Overhyped right now given there's no actual application of the stuff yet

Also to add that the creator seems iffy. Seems to have liked the "We're partnering with Microsoft" vs "The IT Manager of North America had a meeting".

He lied about a bug in the open source code that MIT found, said it was there intentionally in case someone stole the code (why have it open source lol).

Someone lost 30k when a wallet used the same address instead of a new one

It does have this though
medium.com/@harmvandenbrink/how-elaadnl-built-a-poc-charge-station-running-fully-on-iota-and-iota-only-e16ed4c4d4d5

And it is something corporations will be interested in over other coins since it's somewhat centralized
Who knows where it'll go. As the corporations take more interested the price will go up. If it gets listed on other exchanges the price will shoot up (see november 27th). It's one to put money in, but be prepared to lose.

It solves the age old "wallets actually work" problem. Not having a working network or wallet is the future!

where does he say that they're partnering with microsoft?

its a scam coin, the fundamentals dont even make sense.

So there is no more coins to be mined and there are no fees on transactions. All of the pow is offloaded to central nodes (since pow cant be done on iot devices as the website states)

who will run these nodes (server farms) if you cant get coins and theres no transaction fees?

>And it is something corporations will be interested in over other coins since it's somewhat centralized
Who knows where it'll go.

It has the potential of big business going crypto. I see great profit for those who invest now, if they are ready to put all that "b-b-b-u-t cryptocurrencies should be lolberturrian" stuff aside.

Explain this ?

medium.com/@IngoFiedler_96862/the-distribution-of-iota-tokens-dc70ea49b148

>medium.com/@IngoFiedler_96862/the-distribution-of-iota-tokens-dc70ea49b148

"If this is tl;dr just a citation:

The GINI-coefficient of 82% seems rather high when compared to the GINI coefficient of global income, which globally lies at 65% across the year 2013. However, although the GINI coefficient is most often used in the realm of income analysis, it cannot be compared to a GINI of wealth. Hence, the Iota wealth GINI needs to be compared to the GINI of global wealth, which lies at 91.5% in 2015 or 89.2% in 2000. This suggests that the Iota wealth distribution is less concentrated than the wealth distribution of our global society. Another tweak would be to account for the purchase power of wealth and compare the GINI of Iota to the GINI of Purchasing Power Parity (PPP) wealth, which was at 80.4% in 2008 and thus very close to the GINI of Iota."

Let me give you a question back: Who owns the majority of the bitcoins?

>(since pow cant be done on iot devices as the website states)
isn't this a vital part to the entire concept

you again? microsoft is helping manage the data market place, samsung and others are looking into what can be done with the system.

cointelegraph.com/news/iota-interview-trust-systems-are-absolutely-pivotal-today

Posts that start with "nah" seem to always be from shills.

I don´t say IOTA is finished now. If it is finished, the coordinator is to be removed.

Yes it is a risk. It could be the biggest scam in history. But this is not very propable.
The concept behind the tangle is a big invention and has a potential that is almost extraterrestrian. Nobody would ever bring such a thing up just for a scam. And if, I would feel honored to be fooled by the greatest trickster in human history.
But of course IOTA is a technology in development, which can fail.
Damn... it is not even traded on bittrex.
Imagine when it is traded there. Big profit incoming.
Even if it would be a scam, you could profit from this, if you jump off at the right moment.

And actually a token is at 4,- §. So what can you do wrong if you invest like 1000 or 2000 §§ in it.
Ok... you can lose them.... but for 1000-2000 §§ if you care, you = poorfag.

REQ has very high potential

this just screams as another german ploy to ruin the world to me

shady as fuck, would stay away

do it, theyre a bunch of faggots. seriously

>another german ploy to ruin the world
those usually work out for a world war or two

I like German inventions.

you forgot

>IOTA
proof of concept with no product or anything

>Bitcoin
actually out there doing what is supposed to do.

Fuck off fud cuck , iota is actually interesting and offers something new. Other shit coins are just rip offs of premier coins

>world war 1
kill europeans
>ww2
kill even more European men
>eu
try to control Europe
>use eu power to invite every single buttfuck migrant in the world to europe
>create iota, a decentralized centralized blockchain
use it to build refugee cities

why the fuck do they hate Europe so much?

how come no one can answer my question?

Who the hell is going to run the nodes that do the PoW if you can't mine coins and there are no fees? Why would someone spend money buying compute power + electricity if there is no incentive to?

>quantum secure
this is a meme, trinary hash doesnt mean its quantum secure if its not using a quabit

its also got a central node called coordinator and they're never getting rid of it

u guys think its a safe haven for the btc crash? Has been doing alright so far

But bitcoin could not be a working currency for your everyday trades.
Bitcoin has an enormous power consumption and high transaction fees.
Also it is getting slower, the more microtransaction people are doing with it.

The tangle is getting safer and quicker, the more microtransactions are made in IOTA. And it has no fee on every transaction.
And it is not fucking up our entire planet by consuming more electricity than some develeoped country.

Now /pol/ took over.

Showing that many judgements against IOTA don´t root from a rational, technological and economical base, but just from ideology.

Inb4
"b-b-b-u-t bitcoin was the way to our lolbertarian utopia"

Bitcoin isn't doing what it's supposed to do at all. Bitcoin is supposed to be electronic cash and it completely fails at it because of high fees and slow confirmations.

fixed it for u

IOTA is the biggest joke in crypto. /biz has been trying to warn you since this pump started. It's vaporware. They have nothing. The white paper makes no sense. It's all buzzwords and social media shills. Get the fuck out with your profits asap and buy a coin that works. Even dogecoin is better

My wife's boyfriend loves this coin! /leftypol/ approved!

>tech

fuck off, they are running a scam

besides if going by tech, there is better tech than iota right now and it works

if you don't see iota for the scam it is I feel sorry for you

just bought it at 3.98 waiting for 5 bucks again tomorrow. LETS GO KOREANS, BOOST ME BABY

its a shitcoin.
there is no microsoft partnership

Even then, the combination of

- No transaction fees
- Low power consumption
and - cheap to buy

beat the BTC at least as a short time investment.
On the other points we may see.

But what I already see is, that IOTA is still far away from reaching its full potential, while bitcoin has almost exceeded its potential.

>- No transaction fees
There is a transaction fee, it's the energy consumption for you do validate two other transactions
>- Low power consumption
Do we actually know that?
>- cheap to buy
Wow a token with a fuckton of them have the tokens very cheap to buy individually. It's fourth in market cap don't say it's 'cheap'

Your transaction confirms other transactions. If you see it very strictly your transaction fee is the computer power you use by confirming the other transactions.
It is more decentralised.

heres my thing man, as an american
who gives a fuck
its Europe, let them fuck themselves and be blacked
if they want that.
We americans left that shit hole and for good reason. like sure they are doing shit, and it will probably lead to the collapse of the EU, the UN, and nato and lead to a WW3 but hey, just like the past 2 world wars, america will probably not join in until we are forced to so america might not even bother with WW3

>We americans left that shit hole and for good reason

Yes for the reason of being criminal, retarded, alcoholic scum who were banished from Europe.

Ofc shills want you to sell it so they could buy it again at 1$ and ride the wave. Considering the marketcap I won't be surprised if it hits 700$.

/pol/ again

Is this thread now about Amerifats vs. Europoors?

Just admit you have no real arguments.

I´m outta here. Come in or stay poor.

that was literally, just when the french intentionally dropped their prisoners and prostitutes at new orleans
pic related its REAL MEN doing REAL MEN THINGS
unlike your pathetic euro """poetry""" and """"art""""
nigga i aint /pol/

im talking about the iota nodes, a key part of the project that you seem unaware about.

Are you forgetting your pajeet buzzword coin is supposed to work on IOT thing devices.

"Running the charge station on a Raspberry Pi is also possible, since the PoW (Proof of Work) is not done on the machine, but outsourced to the IOTA Node." medium.com/@harmvandenbrink/how-elaadnl-built-a-poc-charge-station-running-fully-on-iota-and-iota-only-e16ed4c4d4d5

Who the hell will run these nodes? Its not scalable at all since the nodes now are mostly from the iota dev team. This is also not decentralized at all. Thats like saying visa is decentralized since they have server farms all over the world

somebody is jealous

5000 trillion coins

>We
Pretty sure you didn't do and won't do shit user.
You sit on a funny meme board and post pictures of pink boys all day long.
Stop pretending you're important when all you're doing is claiming valor.

this, makes me worried

I am just stating facts

Basically the absolute scum and lowest tier of people was sent to America because people were tired to have them live on gibsmedat and get drunk the whole day

You were literally Australia before Australia

screencapped
see you when im a billionaire on memecoins

>What happening to IOTA?
>doesnt know its a nigger free gibst coin
>mfw

protip: its a scam.

Basicaly everything other than Bitcoin is a scam. you guys all slept around in the early days of crypto and now you are chasing the 'next' Bitcoin. Truth is, there is no 'next' Bitcoin, there is only Bitcoin; the sooner you learn this, the sooner you get on track.

You guys sit here and sell snakeoil to one another while the creators of these coins rake in all the profits at your expense.

Moronic imbeciles the lot of you are

it really does sound like a scam, there's no real incentive to run a full node other than "to help"

iota, dgb, qtum, link, neo, stratis, omg, abc, xyz, fdd, dfaf, fdafsjf,fd af djifad ,fdas,s ad,f,df ,af, fa,fdasf, fjaofjaofs.

they're all scams designed to maximize bitcoin for the founders and leave you guys with worthless numbers.

do you not see any issues with the insane fees and extremely slow transfers?

support your claim

no because lightning is just around the corner, i just got my LN node up.

explorer.acinq.co/#/

frankly i dont give a shit about my claim nor your claim. time and the market will decide.

judging from the increase in the number of wojaks, i'm right.

will lightning be a fork or will it just continue?

no fork.

its built on top. a trustless, decentralized layer that enables instant, low fee transactions.

take time to learn things and technology, dont speculate on buzz words, false promises and fancy marketing visuals

thanks based user, im cashing out iota

no man. it shouldn't be this easy to convince you. especially on this god forsaken piece of shit board.

learn, learn, learn.

whats happening with IOTA you stupid faggot ?
I'm only down $20k from my $70k gain on IOTA
>go suck /pol dick

dont listen to anyone, not even me. take a good amount of time to research something before you put in your wealth. always research.

education/information/knowledge is the most important thing one can do.

your face when you dont have any IOTA
you'll cash out your mom stupid ass /pol nigger

>link
Go fuck yourself.

what the fuck are you talking about?

Learn the language first before shilling your shitcoin, pajeet.

tie your neck you fucking asscum dripped to pussy accident.

Its trying, TO COMMUNICATE

R E F U G E E C I T I E S
E
F
U
G
E
E

C
I
T
I
E
S

on the 14th of december the proper meet will happen and you wil be happy you own some iota. Until then stop complaining

Every time I ask about the wallet functionality I keep being told IOTA wallets are broken.

Fuckign DELETE THIS you have no idea what you're doing. Stop spreading that shit here. Go away.

fuk them broke ass niggaz dowg

let them literally eat their own shit

Wallet is working fine it's just not user friendly.

You can take advantage if the fact that a new wallet will be released in a couple weeks, and another moon mission is scheduled for then

It's a scam I believe. I got big gains from it though and walked away.

>broke ass niggers will be missed on IOTA rocket

Something I learned through the years about Veeky Forums and the crypto space, if they go a long way to FUD something, it's because it's worth something.... IOTA is not a scam, some of the FUD is childish, the Microsoft situation was blown out of proportion, if you don't like it, just sell, it's THAT easy.

>implying I'm not doubling down after this market crash
IOTA might have all its issues but it's still the best contender for the next #2-3 and overall market adaption