/swg/ - YT-1300: Electric Boogaloo Edition

Post about X-Wing, Armada, FFG's Star Wars RPGs, d6, d20 (Saga), movies, shows, books, comics, vidya, lego, lore and everything else Star Wars related

Previous Thread: Fantasy Flight Games’ X-Wing and Star Wars: Armada Miniatures Games
>pastebin.com/Wca6HvBB

Fantasy Flight Games’ Star Wars RPG System (EotE/AoR/FaD)
>pastebin.com/wCRBdus6
>mega.nz/#!DkNTDTyZ!PUupCOep4RmRcsgI3rNhU_Pk_xcyFbYWnhrq8gwrVv0

Other Fantasy Flight Games Star Wars Tabletop (Imperial Assault and the Star Wars LCG)
>pastebin.com/ZkpXpbJ1

Fantasy Flight Games Dice App (Works with X-Wing, Armada, the Star Wars RPG system and Imperial Assault)
>mediafire.com/download/64xy3uy6vepll8v/com.fantasyflightgames.swdice.ver.1.1.4.build.9.apk

Older Star Wars Tabletop (d6, d20/Saga, etc.)
>pastebin.com/wXP0LdyJ

Reference Materials & Misc. Resources
>pastebin.com/AGFFkSin

All Canon Novels and Comics (via /co/)
>mega.co.nz/#F!2R5kDTqQ!WfrDla-jvDIn05U57T9hhQ

Just What IS Canon Anyways?
>starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Canon#2014_reboot
>starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_of_canon_media

The Clone Wars Viewing Guide
>img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1442/36/1442364889994.png

Writefaggotry
>pastebin.com/cJY5FK9T

Shipfag's hangar
>drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByhAdnTlOKOeQnA4SFByUC1aQWM&usp=sharing

HoTAC
>dockingbay416.com/campaign/

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars:_Starfighter
youtube.com/watch?v=kipQR6NcbEc
youtube.com/watch?v=zUQiUFZ5RDw
youtu.be/aSPtWMEwIhg
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Sun_Crusher
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Kyp_Durron
fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2016/9/9/is-your-strike-team-assembled/
shirtmockup.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Apparently the X-Wing starter is 40 euro.
Well I hope I don't save the 30 euro from not buying the TFA RPG starter, but it's not too bad I guess?

Speaking of the RPG, I'm going out with a friend for some beers, he's the potential third player. Hope he digs it.

A chat and some beers is how I got into the X Wing Miniature game

The RPG is my primary goal for him, but I'm not gonna be a dick if he's more into X-Wangs. He's a cool guy, and he's into Star Wars in general so it's not like a brick wall.
Ah well, beers first, then we see what nerd shit I talk him into.

Also that reminds me of how I got all the kids in my and the next building to get into duel masters. If there's interest I'll tell the story, either in this or the next thread.

I really hope you didn't take all the kids out for beers to convince them to play Duel Masters.

So how do people like the new Han Solo?

Just not sure if the deep deployment is worth the price tag.

He's interesting and radically different, so it'll take a while to get a proper assessment. He looks fun, though.

I'm not sure if deep deployment is what he wants. Han list will still be fat and people are gonna gun for it. It just seems like a super easy way for opponents to get target priorities straight.

I think building fat may not be the way to go. He'd almost be more of a guided missile/disruptive force.

I could see Lone Wolf, Finn, 3PO, old title and engine upgrade. It's 61 points, though, so you can't fit much else in there.

Maybe just lone wolf, crack shot, old title and Finn for 55

I like it because it throws a wrench into the typical play rhythm where you have 2-3 turns of setting up and/or fixing your deployment positions. It'll force you to start problem-solving right away, and therefore your deployment pattern will be much more important. It will punish castle/fortress tactics, where there wasn't any penalty to bumping yourself as long as you wanted before.

What I'm really interested in is weather or not we'll see much Han+Sabine Conner Net shenanigans.

Nah, Rhys Dallows.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars:_Starfighter

Any scans for Forged in Battle?

I posted some pictures a few days ago but I've seen no scans.

Plz help I've got two weeks to put something together.

Coolest "big guy" race to play as. Game is Edge of the Empire.

Forgot the punctuation
>??

Order 66 is the only thing that springs to my mind. Do the PC's know about it? Would they be okay with killing "Rogue" Jedi, "treasonous" politicians

You could have them do some really shady stuff as Sheev's personal Black Ops team, but the issue I see is would it affect the PC's at all with them being clones? It depends on what the PC's personalities are I guess. Would they be like Fives and start to ask questions? Or would they just follow orders, not think about it etc,

There could be some fun stuff like hunting for Sith artifacts or other things Sheev wants but can't publicly get. There's a mission in Star Wars Battlefront 2 where you steal a power crystal for Sheev, as a "secret" objective.

I have zero experience with this

Mopping Seppie intelligence cells. Hunting down survivors of the Jedi Agri Corps. Seizing and destroying or bringing back for analysis Seppie super weapons. Blowing up Seppie droid factories or shipyards still churning out war material that the rebels might get their hands on.

Infiltrating Rebel Alliance cells and wiping them out. That kind of thing.

Gamorrean

Selonians.
Not wookies, which is already good, and IIRC actually capable of speaking Basic.
>Mfw forever an NPC race
I'm the GM though so it's not like I care. Gamorreans are so unpleasant I'm not sure if I'd want one in my EotE crew.

I was torn about having someone play an assigned Jedi it depends if I get someone I trust uni club format, don't know who'll I'll have on the crew till the 1st night but do you think it'll close more doors than it'll open?

Of course I've just realised I can solve this if they're just on of the P-Man's disposable secret apprentices.

Nah. Story coming in next post.

>Star Wars Starfighter
Oh shit yeah that game was just gr8.

But what if the Gamorrean was a pilot named Piggy

I'm really considering Assault Missiles on him. I think he'll benefit most if the enemy is forced to scatter.

Yeah, I don't know if it's because I was like 13 at the time but it was the dankest shit, didn't like the N-1 in it though I hated that the torps were the only secondary that ran out.

I think it'd be smoother to just have clones. You won't have anyone worrying about being disposable or fighting over who gets to be the jedi/sith. It'd make combat easier as well I'd imagine, and Jedi/force users could be dangerous encounters instead of the clones just letting the Jedi/apprentice do all the work.

It's been a while since I wrote greentext, so excuse any mistakes
>be me
>be like 10 or something
>board game shop chain location opens near my house
>all i knew was that they sold Pokemon cards (that was in the early 2000s, for reference)
>eventually go in with mum
>budget was 15 euro
>look all over the store
>in the end my options are: Mechwarrior booster pack or Duel Masters 2 Player starter set.
>on the one hand ROBOTS
>on the other, can't play it because lol who knows
>crack it open with a guy from my building, start playing right there in the entrance of it
>everyone gets hooked cause it was a gr8 game
>people choose a colour, i was blue, kid from building was red, tall kid next door had yellow (white)
>LGS hosting tourneys for us
>eventually get to Magic, then Warlord, then we kinda split slowly
>still going to that LGS
>helped them move to new location
>became a Magic Judge
>at the new location opening there was the employee from way back then, hadn't seen him in years
>he says something snide to me, I'm like who's this dude
>then i recognize him
>brohug

What a fucking great place.

FUCKIN SAME, I loved the uh... The flat ship with the smuggler guy, Nym I think he was? With the auto-fire. Didn't play a lot of the bounty hunter chick, but her missiles did a thing that fucked with shields right? I still have a physical copy of that.

So, uh, in a F&D game, I'd be totally warranted dropping a boatload of conflict on a player for doing this, right?

youtube.com/watch?v=kipQR6NcbEc

She was my fav, she had tags that sapped shields and caused her primary blaster to seek. I remember turning away from tagged enemies just to watch them seek and cackle at their helplessness.

>mind rape and murder with The Force

youtube.com/watch?v=zUQiUFZ5RDw

MOTHAFUCKIN' HERGLIC!

Don't remember if they actually have stats in Edge of the Empire yet

Molest a political opponent's kid to break his spirit

Wow. They're really going Full Kyp with this kid, aren't they?

Rev up those dark side points.....

>Gold, Sweets! Twenty-four carats! What kind of motivation do you need?

Thank you /swg/ that's a very helpful suggestion.

>YT-1300
I'm pretty super happy that Rey with Finn and Po with reasonable number of upgrades comes out to 100pts. I need to try that out.

I can't wait to try that out.

Also really wanna try out Poe with my TFAfu, Jess. Maybe throw in Asty or Nien or something.

Isn't the YT-1300 in-universe the equivalent of a shitty old Ford pickup? Primarily used by trailer trash? I mean, out of universe the Falcon's my favourite ship in fiction, but in-universe...

Is it actually possible to take Poe down without resorting to big ships? I'm convinced it can't be done.

Affordable and endlessly customizable. Its just a really old model and no new ones have rolled off a CEC assembly line in decades (like, at least 50 years).

I a way its like an old Ford pickup in that they're old and out of production, but anybody still flying them around is either strapped for cash or has modded the shit out of it because they're insane gearheads feeding Lucas' hot rod boner.

"There's no such thing as a "Stock" YT-1300 Freighter anymore."

Shitty mold-farmer punks talk shit when they see it, so yeah.

youtu.be/aSPtWMEwIhg

Depends on the exact Poe build. Soontir can do it (if it's not VI Poe), some defender lists can push his shit in, anything that deny actions like stressbot y-wings or just forcing a bump with a crowded field of TIE fighters also makes him super vulnerable.

In X-Wing? Of course it is! I shot him down with Guri, and some chaff.

Personally I like using Poe with R2 over BB-8. Granted I only play with my friend, but he hates it when I start getting shields back.

The deal with Poe, is realizig how to fly against his different builds. If it's regen-Poe, then he'll be holding on to a Focus token (R5-P8), or slow-rolling around with green maneuvers when looking to recharge (R2-D2). If he's flying for lethality/dodginess, he's going BB-8 with title and Push the Limit (or rarely some other build). In the case PtL and BB-8, he maneuver will always be a green forward (up to 3) or a 1 bank, if he's looking to make use of the crazy action economy. Once you know that, you can accurately predict which way he'll want to roll and maneuver. The biggest killer to the BB-8 build however, is stress. Once he has a stress token, he's fucked for at least te following turn, as he won't be able to utilize BB-8 and therefore can't Barrel Roll (because he'll always take Autothrusters).

Of all the Poe builds, BB-8 is the most hyper-lethal if you don't see it coming, and will fuck over late-game 1v1 champions like Omega Leader. Focus-Regen Poe (R5-P8) will actively try to not spend that token, and as such really fucking hates Palob and Wes. And lastly R2-D2 Poe is pretty much the "oh shit, what are you doing!?", due to being the easiest to second guess.

I have had a lot of luck cutting down Poe with Starvipers, but I've been told they're my signature ship that people hate seeing me play. I've also done well with Key Farlander and Tycho against Poe builds. But I attribute that to sheer dumb luck.

so as someone who knows more. If I was going to run Poe with Rey+Finn, do you think that would work well.

I'd probably go BB-8, because fluff, so say a more aggressive Poe, with a fatBottom Rey with Finn and C-3PO.

I'm looking to repaint my G-1A Misthunter, but I'm not sure what kind of scheme I should go for. I do know I'm not a fan of its 'aged beige plastic' color

torkil mux is the bane of any ace if you run scum.

The G1-A has a very beetle like look in my opinion. So if I had one(and the talent to repaint it) I would look up pictures of beetles and try to copy the one I think would look the best.

Who's Kyp?

Yeah. I'd say it'd work well. Any named Falcon is going to be a tank of hit points and primary turret that can't be ignored. It can block higher PS ships with ease (base size), and will have a shot on anything within R3 of it. That'll take some heat off Poe, allowing him to do his thing. If your opponent tries tonfocus fire Poe (which would be smart of them), they have to contend with Rey's fat bottom base getting in their way and possibly fucking up their actions.

The main problems you'll run into, will be shit like Tie Swarms, Crackshot A-Wings, alpha strikes that front-load 3 or more torps/missiles, and bombers.

I'm considering it. For the moment, I just gave it a brown wash to give it some kind of color. Plastic beige is one of my least favorite memories of the 80s/90s.

take some hooks from the Republic Commando books

Black Ops/Home Front
>Counter-terrorism on friendly soil (intel gathering, asset surveillance, seek&destroy)
>Hardening Republic sites (Kamino/Ord Mantell/Senatorial Rotunda/etc)
>Hostage rescue at local spaceport
>Track down possible mole in procurement/shipping/etc

Enemy Lines
>Enemy scientist abduction
>Infiltrate & neutralize droid factory
>Capture or deny the enemy a piece of new technology
>"Prepare the battlefield" for landing GAR army
>Train local militia/guerillas
>webm related

You could also look up all the brittish commando raids during WWII

The reason we don't leave superweapons in the same planetary system as emotionally abused teenagers.

>A weapons installation orders of magnatude more powerful than the Death Star
>Put it into a craft the size of a starfighter
>Oh and its hull is so tough it can fly THROUGH an ISD
There wasn't any thought put into this, was there?

>"The only thing more dangerous than a Dark Jedi is a Dark Jedi behind the controls of a Sun Crusher..." -Han Solo
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Sun_Crusher
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Kyp_Durron

Holding the fukkin line like the bauses they are

Quick question, does Deadeye work with Norra Wexleys ability?

>use scum ships or rebel pilots
I guess I'm just fucked as an Imperial player then?

KJA is a moron.

Nah, if he's going PTL+BB8 Fel and your usal palp shuttle wingmen can munch him same as anything else.

VI Poe you're gonna need something with similar PS and maneouverability, I'm thinking Rexler with VI and a Tractor Beam and the TIE/D title. Also, Poe only has two evade dice, so Crack Swarms will work as well.

Not at all. Soontir is as deadly as ever, provided you can stay out of arc and at close range. Carnor Jax is good if you can get in close before Poe has a chance to take actions- prevent him from getting a focus token and he's all sorts of fucked. Defenders are great right now- try flying TIE/D Vessery with ion or tractor alongside Omega Leader and watch Poe melt away.

>that webm
Fucking Autofirefags.

no. deadeyes wording means it specifically only works on attack:targetlock headings.

Do we care about Destiny?
>fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2016/9/9/is-your-strike-team-assembled/

so i just picked up the tie punisher because it looked cool and I've had trouble making it worth its points, any suggestions?

Redline:
FCS, EM, Plasma Torps, Cluster missiles, guidance chips

Kills things dead surprisingly fast. Your opponent will gun for him so be prepared for that. The nerf to FCS and CM just made it so you probably have to use your GC, also having a focus isn't a horrible idea.

Deathrain:
Adv. Sensors, EM, Proton bombs, Connor Nets

Replace protons with some other drop on reveal bomb if you want. Thermal detonators might be fun.

The meat here though is dropping a connor net right on top of your opponent. Guaranteed to screw up your opponents plans.

Both these ships should leave enough points to take two decent supporting ships. Punisher generics are garbage, don't take them, ever. Gamma Vets with deadeye are better and cheaper.

I am aggressively not excited about it.

I'll try it, but if I don't get Qui-Gon pretty quickly it'll be into the trash.

Uh...

Why is chopping them to pieces with your laser sword or pushing them over the edge with telekinesis so much better? Dead is dead.

Or shooting them in the head with blasters, or venting them out into space, or...

Really, it's kind of an arbitrary line to draw. Now, if he was forgoing the use of lasers and just trying to STEP on the troopers for kicks, or left the traumatized pilot alive to weep over his fallen comrades, shit would actually be evil.

Time to settle things once and for all, /swg/; Engines or Wings?

It's more that you're taking a force power not intended to kill folks and deliberately misusing it to kill people in a particularly nasty way just for the sake of doing it the hard and nasty way, that's what's dark side

Thrusters

Any tips on building a bioterrorist character? DM is allowing all material from EoE, AoR, and F&D. Force is open, too.

Acquire tractors. Lots of tractors.

You know it's done just right when the flesh falls off the bone!

Acquire space AIDS, try your best to give it to everyone you can

Calibrate the tractor beam to molecular density and rip people's skeletons right out of them.

Use F&D and make a force virus, I mean what could go wrong?

Who would wear a t-shirt with a similar design? I see those shitty millennium falcon shirts at target and think a full-color cutaway with the n1 would be less slunky

New thread topic: What's the best Star Wars shirt you can mockup?
>shirtmockup.com/

Don't pretend you wouldn't buy it.

Wings you mean legs, right?

>Sabine.
EWWWW.
Orange buttcheeks for life.

the power creep is real

i was thinking of getting into Veeky Forums, and my store recommends X-wing, and warhammer 40k

could you sell me on this please

Depends of what do you like, 40k is a mess in all fronts tough. X-wing is really more popular right now and not that hard to find games, plus the IP is known for everyone, while 40k is only know for nerds, so you can bribe non geeks easier with x-wing.

Xwing is a fun miniatures game based on squad sized dogfighting set in a universe everyone knows and loves. It's also quite affordable in comparison to most miniatures games. Warhammer 40k is focused on large scale ground wars featuring lots of models on both sides. The 40k universe is really neat and interesting, but the game is a fucking slog and not very fun. Also, 40k is expensive as fuck

punisher generics are pretty good running with support shuttle jonus.

What about the second paragraph of the upgrade?

>When an attack instructs you to spend a target lock, you may spend a focus token instead.

Noras ability is instructing me to spend a target lock, so why not spend a focus instead using that rule.
It's not like the first part of that upgrade isn't optional thanks to the May keyword.

My TIE Defender fell over and the plastic peg holder snapped off the model (not the peg, the actual peg holder).

What is a safe way to repair it?

glue it with model glue of course

ha ha time for magnets