Dragonball Quest #101

>>Previous threads

suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?searchall=dragonball quest

>>Information

This quest, as the title suggests, takes place in the world of Dragon Ball. You're playing as a twenty-two year old man named Tofoo, and will adventure through the story of the Dragonball series alongside characters such as Goku, Yamcha, Bulma, Tien, and many others. Through your actions, you can make significant changes to the story, and perhaps even become the strongest fighter on Earth.

>Rules

At the end of each update you'll have ten minutes to vote on options. Write-ins are allowed, but I do reserve the right to veto them.

In the event of a draw, the option to receive the next vote wins

Rolls will be used on certain occasions, such as attempting a technique for the first time or attempting something extremely difficult. You will have three rolls, and if one succeeds, you succeed. There are no crits.

Rolls are made AFTER an option wins, not during the voting process

I hope everyone has fun.

>Current Saga

Saiyan Saga

>>youtube.com/watch?v=Wl9o8Wx98eM

Aww yiss

101'st thread, someone's about to get schooled.

Gettin' Rekt 101: Professor Nappa

Kek
Sup SOM

A year remains until the two Saiyan invaders arrive.

You haven't wasted any time so far; you've gathered up the various warriors who will stand against the coming doom, convincing those who were reluctant to join through various methods.

Looking back, it's pretty amazing that you convinced the likes of Shen and Yajirobe to fight. Maybe you should consider a career in politics. Once this whole apocalyptic crisis is over, of course.

The Dark Nimbus carries you toward Kame House, where Bulma (presumably along with Roshi and Krillin) is currently located. You won't see her all that much for the next year, so you want to make sure you say goodbye, and get any and tell her anything important that you may have to say.

This will mark two years of your married life where you and Bulma will be spending a good amount of time apart. Not what you would have wanted, but it is for the good of your son, so sacrifices are worth it.

Kame House comes into view, and you leap off of the cloud, doing a few flips for fun before you land on the sandy beach, approaching the door and knocking before letting yourself in.

Bulma, Roshi, Krillin, and Turtle have all gathered, and you notice Bulma wearing that Saiyan device on her face. Clever girl must have already fixed it.

"Tofoo, you're back," Krillin observes, looking over at you. "Did everything go alright on the Lookout?"

"Did Popo have any advice?" Roshi asks.

>A. Actually, Baba fixed it so you were able to get advice from Kami

>B. The Dragonballs, and Kami, will be coming back, but not for a year

>C. You recruited Yajirobe, Shen, Chichi, and Ox King to join

>D. Something else

Sup Goo

>A.
>B.
>C.
All of the choices

>A. Actually, Baba fixed it so you were able to get advice from Kami
>B. The Dragonballs, and Kami, will be coming back, but not for a year
>C. You recruited Yajirobe, Shen, Chichi, and Ox King to join

If everyone works their hardest, we might just have a chance. But we can't get cocky. No slacking!

ALL OF THEM?!

>A.
>B.
>C.

I've been thinking about namefagging but being anything but Anonymous is weird

Did we ever settle on a wish?

"Actually, Baba fixed it so I was able to get some advice from Kami," you answer. "He'll be back in a year."

The shock of the others fills the room, and you can feel their mounting confusion toward what you've said. Krillin is the one who voices the obvious question.

"Wait, but I thought Kami and the Dragonballs were connected," he says. "So if he's gone, how can he be brought back?"

"Baba's doing," Roshi answers for you. "She can return souls to the world of the living for a single day. If she brings back Kami, there's a chance that the Dragonballs will return as well."

"Well then, what's the wait, for?" Bulma inquires. "Why not bring him and Piccolo back right now?"

"Piccolo's getting some special training in the Other World," you answer, apprehension in your voice. "He'll be back in a year."

The mood changes immediately, with the same fear floating through everyone's minds; if Piccolo gets too powerful, the Saiyans might not be your only worry.

"Did he say anything else?" Roshi asks hopefully, dispelling some of the tension.

"He had me get a few more fighters to join us," you answer.

"Like who?" Bulma asks.

"Yajirobe," you answer. "He killed one of Piccolo's children, so he's pretty strong. Then Shen-"

"WHAT?!" Roshi shrieks. "You brought Crane into this?"

>A. You can't afford to be picky about your allies right now

>B. Not just Shen, but Chichi and Ox King as well

>C. Tell Roshi that he and Shen worked well together before, it's time they did that again

>D. Something else

>B.
>C.
>D.
"He didn't believe my story at first and tried to kill me, but the minute I mentioned you would be training Roshi he stepped up to the plate like he couldn't let you beat him."

>C. Tell Roshi that he and Shen worked well together before, it's time they did that again
>D. Something else
"We're all Earthlings. We're all in this together."

Earth Defense Force ho! Let's build a space empire to protect our solar system!

>A. You can't afford to be picky about your allies right now

I wonder if there's any technology we can use/prepare. Like missiles set to hit their pods before they get to atmosphere

Reminder that we gotta do as much as we can to mitigate the rape train.

Also see if Bulma/Popo can make weighted gear for all.

Probably also see who's willing to use the RoSaT for more gains.

Finally, tell Goku about the Gravity Chamber.

"He didn't believe my story, at first," you tell Roshi. "But the minute I mentioned that you would be training, he stepped up to the plate. I guess he couldn't let you beat him."

Roshi's shock gives way to an expression of both amusement and irritation. "So, that old Crane is still obsessed with proving himself better than me, is he? Well, we can't have that."

"The two of you worked well together before," you point out."Maybe it's time to do that again."

"Shen and I burned the bridge between us a long time ago," Roshi tells you, a twinge of regret in his otherwise stoic tone. "But, we've come together when it was necessary before. Perhaps we can do so again."

"So, you got Yajirobe and Shen," Krillin sums up.

"Not just them," you correct. "Chichi and Ox King are coming, too!"

"Chichi?" Krillin asks with pure shock. "You really got her to come train with us? How?"

>A. She's mostly going to make sure she's strong enough to keep Kanattsu alive

>B. She wants their daughter to get the best training possible so she can defend herself

>C. Ask Bulma if she got that device working

>D. Ask Bulma if she'd be willing to try and make some Saiyan armor for everyone

>E. Something else

Well the gravity chamber is still at Capsule Corp, everything else we can do in time.

>A.
>C.
>D.

Som did Popo get Tien, Chaozu and Yamcha? If not then it's scouter time

>D. Ask Bulma if she'd be willing to try and make some Saiyan armor for everyone
I know you're doing a lot already, but...

>B. She wants their daughter to get the best training possible so she can defend herself
>E. Something else
Ask Bulma if she can ask her dad to improve the gravity chamber, since we are going to tell Goku to us it and us when we can. And if she can improve our weighted clothing to highest weight possible at the moment.

These

>C. Ask Bulma if she got that device working

>E. I gave her a tumble, it's good to be the World's Strongest

I wonder how much stronger we can manage to make everyone compared to canon.

They kinda slacked a lot during the training time. Goku fucked around on Snake Way and the others just sort of did light training.

"She's mostly going to make sure she's strong enough to protect Konattsu, and wants Konattsu strong enough to defend herself," you explain to Krillin.

"Wait, she's bringing our daughter to train, too?!" Krillin asks with shock.

"Goku's doing it," Bulma points out. "She's your and Chichi's kid, so she should be able to get pretty strong."

"She's four!" Krillin shouts, turning toward Bulma. "What, should we bring your kid while we're at it?"

"Enough," Roshi tells the two of them. "This is no time for bickering. Krillin, you and Chichi can decide what you want to do about your daughter, but your wife fighting should be a good thing."

"She couldn't even handle Piccolo," Krillin points out. "What's she going to do against a couple of Saiyans?"

"You couldn't stand up to Piccolo, either," Bulma reminds him. "That's kind of why everyone's going to train, so they can get strong enough."

Sighing with defeat, Krillin nods. "Well, I guess that we should start gathering the others."

"Did you get that device working?" you ask Bulma.

She nods. "And I've already picked up on the others. Yamcha stopped here, and just left before you showed up. He's going to get Tenshinhan and Chaozu."

"Popo will bring everyone to the Lookout," you explain. "Bulma, can you ask your dad to do some work on the gravity chamber? I'm going to tell Goku about it, and use it when I can."

"Sure," your wife tells you. "And with me helping him, we should be able to make some improvements in no time."

"Actually, I was hoping you could make some Saiyan armor for everyone," you tell her.

Bulma frowns. "Why do you seem to think I'm a clothing store?!"

>A. Apologize

>B. Nevermind, Popo should be able to make good training clothes and such

>C. Say goodbye to Bulma

>D. Tell her you'll visit when you can

Feels good when ningens make little groups to kill other ningens

>Goku fucked around on Snake Way
Piccolo is going to be absolutely terrifying.

>E. Yes (jokingly)
Then
>A. Apologize
>C. Say goodbye to Bulma

So kill him the minute the fight is over got it

This kills the Kami.
Calling it now that SOM won't have Piccolo use higher Kaioken than Goku did to beat Vegeta becauee his Namekian biology allows him to heal it.

>A. Apologize
>C. Say goodbye to Bulma

>A. Apologize
Oh. I'm sorry. We're going to train nonstop for the next year to save the earth from hostile aliens, pushing our minds and bodies to their limits. We'll be the front and only line against a total genocide of the planet. I guess somewhere in there I forgot how horrible and inconvenient making armor would be to you. How selfish of me.

>C. Say goodbye to Bulma
Bitch plz

"Sorry," you tell your wife.

Bulma glares at you for a moment, and under her furious gaze, you find yourself more terrified than you ever were when you stood up to Raditz. But, her expression changes to a confident smile, and you relax.

She steps toward you, grabbing you by the collar and pulling you in for a kiss. As she pulls back, you look down into her eyes, which stare back into yours with determination. Bulma may not be a fighter, but she has a willpower the greatest martial arts masters would envy. A lot of things have drawn you to Bulma; her looks, her brains, but her strong will is one of her most attractive qualities.

She won't be fighting on the front lines, but you know she'll work just as hard as you to make sure everyone's ready for the Saiyans.

"Goodbye, Bulma," you tell her. "I'll visit when I can."

She nods, a stern expression on her face. "Only when you can, Tofoo. I want you coming back to me when this is all over, so if I find you slacking off on your training just so you can visit, I'll kill you before the Saiyans even get here, got it?"

>A. Got it

>B. Head for the Lookout

>C. Go find Goku and Kori

>D. Something else

> (You) #
>This kills the Kami.
>Calling it now that SOM won't have Piccolo use higher Kaioken than Goku did to beat Vegeta becauee his Namekian biology allows him to heal it.
If only

>A. Got it
Make one last visit telling them about the Gravity Chamber

Seconding

BUILD A WALL AROUND THE EARTH AND MAKE THE PTO PAY FOR IT!

>A. Got it

Ki blasts can't blow up planets!
The saiyan home world was destroyed by meteors.

I'll back

Making some assumptions there

Too late, already died once

You have uge mind

As if Dr.Briefs doesn't have a secret clone lab.
Why do you think Lapis is still alive.

Qoutes the wrong one meant

Som dc to figure out away to boost our attacks with our life force and hit waaaaay above our wheight class

"Got it," you answer, smiling at Bulma.

Goodbyes taken care of, you leave Kame House, hopping back onto the Dark Nimbus and flying off in search of Goku. Popo should be rounding up the others right now, so you should have time to pay your friend a visit, and then head for Kami's Lookout.

Searching for Goku's energy, you're able to sense him far to the North. Odds are that he's gone to Jingle Village to let his wife know what he and his daughter are up to.

"That way, Nimbus," you tell your cloud, which heads off in Goku's direction.

It seems a bit odd that you can always find Goku, yet you couldn't sense Raditz until you were half way to his location. Whatever the reason for it, it's at least convenient, and not too long before you find yourself in the frozen Northern region.

Landing outside of Goku's home, you make your way to the door just in time for it to open.

Suno stands in the doorway, and her usual bright smile is replaced by an expression of deep worry.

"Hey, Tofoo," she greets as pleasantly as she can manage.

>A. Ask if Goku told her what's going on

>B. Say hello

>C. Ask to speak with Goku and Kori

>D. Go to the Lookout

>E. Ask if you can talk to Eighter

>F. Something else

The assumption that we're going to train hard and fight powerful hostile aliens?

Ask Shen or Tenshinhan, and they can give you some insight

>B.
>A.
>C.

>B. Say hello
>E. Ask if you can talk to Eighter

Gather them up and
We should train with Goku and beat him to a pulp to zenkai

>B. Say hello

>B. Say hello

You don't know what that is

>Ask Shen
>The attack is enough to off both Saiyans at once
>The catch is that it's Final Explosion

Why didn't we take Raditz' Saiyan Handbook?

So does anyone have any idea on what we should do? We could go with the using life force idea but then were just copying tien

We could use someone else's life force.

Probably train at full power this time instead of doing short bursts like we did last time, something similar to how Goku and Gohan did to get used to their SSJ state, except for us to get used to going at full power and making sure it doesn't leak any unnecessary energy, compared to the auras of the others where it starts making noise from their energy flaring.

So if I'm not mistaken our current arsenal is
>Kamehameha
>Bear Shout
>Bear Claw
>Lightning Fist
>Eight-Arm Technique
>Super Explosive Wave

We have a few options here then for training, including:
>Training our physical prowess, increase strength, endurance, speed
>Enhancing our existing ki techniques, learn to use them with better control or effect
>Trying to master at least one new technique, existing or otherwise (Super Kamehameha, Dodon Ray, Kikoho, etc)
>Working on some combo moves with the other guys

Super
Bear
Shout

Forgot Power Geyser and Light shot

"Hello, Suno," you greet your old friend. "I'm guessing Goku told you what's going on."

She nods silently. "Yeah. Looks like you guys have a lot of trouble to deal with again."

That's certainly an understatement, but judging by Suno's current expression, illustrating just how dangerous this whole business is would probably not be a good idea. The poor woman's worried enough as it is.

"Can I talk to Goku and Kori?" you say instead.

"Sure," she tells you politely. "I'll go make some hot chocolate."

Once you're let into the house, you find Goku in the living room with Eighter, and hear the sounds of someone rummaging around in one of the back rooms. Kori must be packing some things.

"Tofoo," Goku greets as you approach.

"Hello, Tofoo," Eighter greets pleasantly.

He manages a smile, but he looks just as worried as Suno.

>A. Say hello

>B. Tell Goku about the gravity chamber

>C. Ask Eighter to help fight off the Saiyans

>D. Ask Goku and Kori to come to the Lookout

>E. Remind Goku not to go easy on Kori

>F. Something else

I did forget Light Shot, but what's Power Geyser?

>A. Say hello

You uppercut someone into the air, then punch them down onto the ground, landing on top of them and putting a powerful blast of energy into their chest or face

>A. Say hello
>C. Ask Eighter to help fight off the Saiyans

Wonder if Bulma could upgrade Eighter somehow?

That's metal as fuck, why don't we do that more often

How about a light shot barrage, that one user who suggested a move called Flopping Fish sounds fun. I am down for a ki nail bear claw

>just got back from town
>nobody tried to explain to bulma that the saiyan armor was practically indestructible and could easily save our lives

REEEEEEEE

Can we make a technique where we use the opponent's gastrointestinal tract as a condom for fornicating with their skull?

Dc to make lightning punch into chidori

I mean, I know how dickish that sounds, but it's better than letting the kid be defenseless. We've got to go all out here.

>B.
>D.
Everyone is coming to train there.
>E.
And don't forget to train her tail.

IKr

>A. Say hello
"Also don't forget to train Kori's tail"

But I don't want to kill Bulma.
Because ki blast barrage always works. I feel like we're on the fast track to becoming Vegeta, let's not become Vegeta.

GRAVITY CHAMBER, HOO! WE WILL ALL BECOME MUSCLE WIZARDS BEYOND REPROACH!

>B
>C
>E

How about a lightning infused kick

Okay so actual current skills are
>Kamehameha
>Bear Shout
>Bear Claw
>Lightning Fist
>Eight-Arm Technique
>Super Explosive Wave
>Light Shot
>Power Geyser
>Wolf Fang Fist (we never ever use this but we know it)

Techniques we could potentially learn are
>Light Shot Barrage (Hellzone Grenade?)
>Super Kamehameha (get Krillin to teach us)
>Dodon Ray
>Super Bear Shout (basically mouth kamehameha?)
>Flopping Fish (quoth user: "Rush slam elbow or punch into persons stomach, then lift them up in the air with a strong uppercut and quickly grab their legs and start spinning them before letting them go aimming at the ground so they bounce.")

You forgot chidori

Gohan, get back to studying

And the thing tine does

Isn't that Lightning Fist?

Dodonpa is another "nuke" type ki skill we could learn, I think we need more physical type moves. Also Solar Flare might be useful Tofoo usually goes on the defensive to find an opening while fighting but Solar Flare can create it's own openings

It lacks the piercing element

Tein

I dont think you can get much more piercing than zapping someone with fucking lightning

Dodonpa = Dodon Ray, you might be thinking of the Kikoho. That and Solar Flare would be really handy to have for defense and desperation

"Hey," you greet your old friend.

"What's wrong?" Goku asks. "How come you aren't out training?"

"I wanted to tell you about something Bulma and her dad have been working on," you answer, approaching one of the chairs and taking a seat beside the warm fire. "They've made a gravity chamber. It makes things heavier, like in the Hyperbolic Time Chamber."

"Really?" Goku asks, sounding interested.

You give a nod. "It's only up to two times gravity right now, but they should be able to upgrade it. Until then, why don't you and Kori come to the Lookout?"

Goku glances back toward his daughter's room. "I don't know if she's ready to train with the rest of you."

"You can't go easy on her," you warn. "Not when there's so much at stake."

Your friend glares at you for a moment, either not appreciating being told how to be a parent, or your accusation that he's going to be lax with this.

"Fine, I'll bring her," he tells you.

"Make sure you train her tail," you add.

"Right, don't want her to lose the way Raditz did," Goku agrees.

>A. Ask Eighter to join in the fight

>B. Tell Eighter Bulma and Doctor Briefs could probably give him some nice upgrades

>C. Head to the Lookout

>D. Something else

>A
Sticking your fist through someone's chest is better then punching them

>A. Ask Eighter to join in the fight
>B. Tell Eighter Bulma and Doctor Briefs could probably give him some nice upgrades
"I know you don't like fighting, but everything is at stake here. Even if you don't want to fight, you should at least be prepared to defend yourself or Kori."

Shit forgot to add B

>D. Something else
I feel like we should make some sort of gesture of friendship or something with Goku. Our relationship has been growing patchy.

>C.

Guys Eighter doesn't like fighting we shouldn't force him

You are right I was thinking of the one that Chaozu does when he charges it up instead of firing it off like bullets

>>A. Ask Eighter to join in the fight
>>B. Tell Eighter Bulma and Doctor Briefs could probably give him some nice upgrades Like giving him some balls.

>C. Head to the Lookout
Yeah, leave Eighter out of this. It's just going to be more work for our wife and Dr.Briefs so there is going to be even bigger delays with the other stuff. Not to mention Suno's going to be alone.

This is me but I also want to support thisHug him and tell him with all of us working together we can save the Earth and return to our peaceful lives.

>C. Head to the Lookout