Fresh Soul Reaper Quest 2: Study

Previous: suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/49190183/
Char Sheet: pastebin.com/fUKdUWLF
Twitter: twitter.com/TheHeadMasterTG

I yawn, wiping my pen clean of ink as an echoing gong marks the end of my latest lesson. Mathematics is a lot easier than scholars and nobles made it seem, then again it could just be that I'm a little smarter than I thought. Can't say that Aya has been having an easy time with it, since the few glances I've caught of her in the sea of my fellow trainees, She's been looking rather frustrated chewing on the end of her pen or just staring the equations on the board in despair.

I sigh and frown as I get up, brushing the ink coating my thumb and finger on a spare piece of paper before I grab my Asauchi so I don't end up staining its hilt or any other part of it.

Need to show it proper respect after all if it's going to be by my side for the rest of my afterlife. I smile happily as I see that I missed the stampede out of the class.

I rest my blade over my shoulders, holding it up by the hilt as I walk up the stairs. Good, now I don't have to feel all the jealous and envious stares looking at me...or rather my Asauchi, but there really isn't any difference between the two when I think about it....and they could just be looking at my scars, since I seem to have more than the rest of the second class combined.

Yeah that would draw attention to me wouldn't it? I tap my nodachi down gently on my shoulders in thought as I reach the door, and stop to wait for my little bird...since from the sound of things, she's trying to desperately finish up before the instructor tears her work out of her hands.

But my blade does tend to stand out since as far as I can tell I'm the only one out of any class to imprint on their Asauchi already. Eh, doesn't really matter why people are looking at me, it's annoying either way. Really annoying. I don't like getting stared at for no good reason, makes me feel...strange I guess.
cont

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ylyqoxh-cXk
youtube.com/watch?v=H_DNt2LWjqw
youtube.com/watch?v=u7FPL3J0-ng
twitter.com/AnonBabble

"Thank you Thank you~!" Aya shouts happily as I hear the teacher groan in defeat "I'll remember this for sure promise"

I glance over my shoulder, and step to the side as I see Kimi running towards me with her unique grin on her face, her arms held out to hug me.

She zooms past me and skids on the polished wood floor. I smirk as she stands up and pouts, puffing her cheeks out.

"That's just mean kimi chan" She huffs, crossing her arms as I walk up to her, trying not to smirk

"Sorry, I don't really want to get speared in the stomach by your thick skull again" I say flatly as she smiles and chuckles,

"Hey I'm just trying to train your endurance" She says, trying to look innocent as we walk down the corridor, past a few groups of chattering friends "Can't fight hollows if you can't take a hit, can you?"

"Oh like I need any lessons in that" I say, sneering as I trace one of my fingers down the scar over my eye "Now you on the other hand...could"

"You're getting real scary again" She giggles nervously as I grab her head and glare at her "ehehe, at least leave my face out of this Kimi chan"

"What?" I ask as I ruffle her hair "Why would I hurt you little bird"

"Dunno, might've given into your blood lust" She says, widening her eyes and putting on a grim expression "and gone on a rampage"

"Just what kind of lady do you think I am?" I ask as I tap the pommel of my Asauchi on her forehead "Also what class should we go to next"

"Well, I don't want to answer that" She giggles teasingly "And I don't really care to be honest, so long it isn't as boring as the last one"

"You choose it" I say calmly as I begin to walk down the hall "So you can't complain about it"

"I thought would've been easy" She whines, stomping her foot on the floor, drawing a whole lot of attention to us "Why do we need to know math to fight hollows huh!?!"

I glare at someone who starts to laugh at my friend's little tantrum, and he decides to wisely leave her be.
cont

What lesson do I take?
[] Kidō*The instructor said I had a talent for it...*
[] Hohō *Shunp seems useful, should learn how to use that*
[] Zanjutsu *Only so I can prove my style is superior*
[]Hakuda *in the off chance I drop my sword, I should know how to kill with my hands*
[] Calligraphy *heard it's popular for some reason, and I heard the lieutenant of the 5th division teaches it*
[] Try to strong arm my way into a hollow hunt, despite having no real training besides my memories *I need to test my blade...I need to test my blade*
[] Lunch *I need fooood*
[] Poetry *Need to brush up on this*
[] gardening *I could use a hobby...*
[] write in

>[] Zanjutsu *Only so I can prove my style is superior*

>[] Hohō *Shunp seems useful, should learn how to use that*

I have no idea what half of this is, so let's hope this is as cool as it sounds

My style is impetuous!

>I see Kimi running towards

>[] Kidō*The instructor said I had a talent for it...*

So, which one of these uses our spirit stat? Because it's that and endurance we've got a lot in.

"No idea, but a sharp mind is often more useful than a sharpened blade I guess" I say with a shrug as I grab her by her shoulder "And speaking of blades, I think I know a much more exciting lesson we can take"

"Ohhh?" She asks, sounding pretty excited as her eyes light up "but I thought you already knew how to use a sword, kimi"

"Yeah, but you don't" I say as I begin to walk by her side again, putting my nodachi to my hip "and besides I want to prove that my style is better than this zanjutsu of there's"

"I do I just...need a bit of practice" She giggles as she skips to keep up pace with me "and that's a little prideful isn't it"

"Well, I'm allowed to be proud of the truth" I say smugly, looking down at her as she cackles

"Hmm, guess we'll see if it's true" She says nodding "Hey maybe you could teach me if it is"

"I don't think I should, not a good teacher" I say, scratching my neck as we walk out of the open door heading out of the academy building and towards the lonely building at the end of the long, twisting dirt path "Besides the way I fight really isn't good for someone as"

"What?" She asks tilting her head

"Er, you know short?" I say moving my hand up and down to her level.

"Hey, I've still got a lot of time to grow" She says angrily before she chippers right back up "Besides, I'm sure I'll be taller than you when I'm done growing"

"Sure you will" I say happily, no reason to kill her dreams, it'd only be needlessly cruel to.

I push open the sliding doors to the training room, hearing the tell tale clashing of blades and grunts off efforts

"STRAIGHTEN UP, DO NOT ATTACK SO WILDLY, YOU MUST BE PRECISE, ACCURATE!" The instructor barks harshly, his clouded over eyes squinting at his students, as his unscarred one remains wide open "One mistake in battle will lead to your....ah, if it isn't the so called savant of the second class and her...little friend"
cont

Kido

He walks up to me, as I stand up straight and at attention, while Aya runs off like a little girl in a sweet shop.

"Though the epithets of the less skilled mean nothing" He says as he squeeze my arm, trying to feel muscle as his ragged black hair covers up his one working eye "You're simply more determined than the rest of the pack, nothing special...hmm, scars?"

"I had a violent life" I say calmly, holding back the urge to hit him for touching me "Now are you going to teach me something or just keep groping me"

"But I'm not...ah" He says grabbing his hand with a weak chuckle "Sorry...sorry, I wonder why you've come here though, from what I heard you have a natural talent for Kidō"

"Doesn't mean I don't know how to hold a blade" I say adjusting my grip on the hilt of my Asauchi

"Not correctly, the clumsy swings of a thug is not wielding your Asauchi correctly" He says crossing his arms "Also, you may call me Sensei Sekiryū, and while your under my care, you must listen"

What do I do?
[] listen to his instructions
[] Laugh hautily and explain why my style is better 1d20+int
[] challenge aya to a fight *really not fair*
[] challenge a random student to one *better*
[] Challenge the biggest person in the room *You sure*
[] Challenge Sekiryū to a duel *NOT A GOOD IDEA!*
[] Shrug, spit and go to a different class
[] write in

Rolled 12 + 3 (1d20 + 3)

>[] Laugh hautily and explain why my style is better 1d20+int
>[] challenge a random student to one *better*

Rolled 8 + 3 (1d20 + 3)

[X] Laugh hautily and explain why my style is better 1d20+int
[X] challenge a random student to one *better*

As much as I'd like to pull a Layla right now, I don't trust the dice right now.

Rolled 20 (1d20)

YOU DO NOT INSULT A BUSHI BITCH!
youtube.com/watch?v=Ylyqoxh-cXk
ALSO FUCK YEAH GO MY ROLL!

Huh, looks like our style is better after all...

What the hell even is this quest anymore !?

Wow we just explained not only why their style is outdated and useless but also because they suck so much they cant learn our own better style.

Rolled 15 (1d20)

youtube.com/watch?v=H_DNt2LWjqw

Rolled 18 + 3 (1d20 + 3)

I forget, is it best of five here?

Do we get a luck for the awesomeness that this is?
Yes.

Rolled 7 (1d20)

>[] Challenge the biggest person in the room *You sure*

Rolled 12 (1d20)

>Do we get a luck for the awesomeness that this is?
I think getting more in would be more in line with what we just did, we basically just spewed a lot of sword-fighting theory to him that proves that our style is better.

int*
i swear that in was int.

I giggle as the instructors face twists into a scowl as I put the back of my hand to my lips like a noble woman, and begin to laugh like one as hastily as I can stomach to.

"You think I'm wrong" He asks venomously, his ruined eye opening wide, showing the scarred tissue covering it as I keep laughing "a blade isn't a toy, you need style and knowledge behind your swings more than strength"

"Oh..no I'm not laughing at that, having mastery of what you're holding is important I just" I cackle as I watch the rage build in his face as the rest of my peers back away "think it's hilarious you're saying I'm just a thug swinging around a sword like a cat tail"

"If you don't respect the art of the blade you are little more than a thug, even if you've won a hundred battles" He says stepping closer to me, imposing his size to the try and cow me into submission "You are just a fool, a deadly fool, but a fool non the less"

"Oh I do, I just don't honor the...childish dancing you call zanjutsu" I say the room goes cold as he holds his hand over his blade, his face turning red as I can taste how much he wants to cut me for my impudence

"You dare? this form has been passed down for generations and slayed more hollows than you will ever see, it has served us soul reapers well, you will respect it" He says pushing his just against mine "Or I will personally see to your expulsion"

"See I've touched a nerve, but just cause it's worked so far doesn't mean you have to teach it to everything, that's how stagnation happens you see, like a still pond" I say crossing my arms as I look up at him calmly

"A still pond still holds life" He says, crossing his

"Less, but river holds more" I say nodding "and doesn't dry up as easily, the art of swordsmanship needs to be fluid, not stuck in a hole in the ground"

"A stream can be blocked" He says sternly "a stream feeds the pond, not the other way around"

"And without the stream the pond will dry up" I say, leaning against his chest
cont

Holy shit Kimi and Sekiryu have some chemistry, that flirting is so lewd.

Bitch this is what happens when you insult a samurai's sword. Be lucky she hasn't cut you yet.

You know, kimi woul probably fit in well under Dog!captain's squad. And we'd get to revenge kill tosen for being a worthless fuck of a hypocrite who can't stand by his ideals.

Or we could become captain instead of him, I like that idea much better.

"Hmm, you're one of the ones who think they're the gods gift to the world" He says coldly "Even in death, the proven ways always stand to the unproven day dreams of an untrained lout"

"Oh, but I am not unproven" I laugh "see I think I'm a bit of a gift cause I remember a bit about my old life and...funny thing is, all of those men who boasted about their training and ancient art, were the most predictable and easiest to cut down"

He stops for a second, clearly taken aback that I actually have some recollection of my past, unlike everyone else here apparently...well besides the ones born dead.

"See, keeping the same way of swinging a blade around for ages isn't good when you stomp out improvisation, personal flairs and refinement" I say calmly as I walk past him, hoisting my nodachi onto my shoulders as I glance back at him.

"So you think with your patch work fighting you could take anyone using zanjutsu?" He asks, curiosuly, smiling sweetly again

"Well not the masters, as they realize they're predictable" I say shrugging "But everyone in this room, I think I've seen enough to know how to take them down"

"Ooooh? is that a challenge you're willing to back up, what makes you think your art is better than ours" He asks, poking my back with the scabbard of his Zanpakutō "Your stance is like a old drunks"

"Not ready to fight yet? and have you ever seen a drunkard in a brawl" I ask looking back at him again with a smirk "they're hard to hit and fluid...like a river, see to your little frog pond, I am raging river during a storm"

"Hmm, confidence is a killer" He says teasingly "But go on"

"See, a thug's swinging is the birth place of genius, the egg of one of kind swordmanship" I say looking at the class as they start listening to me "You need to be as flexible as the reeds, not as stiff as tree, find how your body works with the blade for it is a part of you, not force it to obey your own ideas, follow the blade itself"
cont

Are- Are we becoming a teacher?

Why are you so lewd HM we barely even know this guy.

I don't care what squad we go into so long as we get our hands on some decent fucking armor.

Yeah, we'll make captain if the 11th in a week at this rate.

If we're far enough back in the timeline, I would 100% support that.. Komamura would make a great lieutenant what with his strong as fuck loyalty.

Squad 11 as well.

They get a bad rap, but under Zaraki their philosophy is literally 'Fighting and entertainment is more important than work, no exceptions' with a side order of BBQ and booze.

I mean, I'd understand if we wanted to give Kimi a foil by joining a different squad, but squad 11 is basically 'her people'.

I hate the 11th so much...

We also have high kido potential so they're a no go

"Common knowledge" Sekiryu says calmly "One must approach every foe differently"

"Every part of the blade, the hilt, the scabbard, the guard, the pommel" I say closing my eyes "not just the blade, every inch of it is a weapon, and even if you approach every obstacle that meets it differently, a practiced style used by many is as easily read as a book"

"Hollows don't learn" Sekiryu says, walking to my side "they are creatures of instinct, our style is meant to exploit that"

"From behind, where no honor is to be found" I say calmly "And if one knows the art form, it can be reproduced and countered, and do you only teach one style here?"

"Yes, but it has many forms" He says sounding a little annoyed "adding a degree of"

"Just more flavors of predictability" I say calmly as I hear him growl in anger "since you have to at least have passing knowledge to pass this academy, every shinigami knows the move of others, and together that is fine, when their blades sing in unison, but against each other, it means the more flexible and creative will win out, and I am more creative than any of you who hold yourself to forms even slightly"

"So you plan on killing other soul reapers?" He asks coldly, but teasingly "Oh the captain commander would love to hear about that I'm sure, but you can't fight with others if you go your own way"

"it pays to prepare to battle your friends and allies, and if you fight long enough with them, you will find some harmony in your tunes of death, a more beautiful song than the same cord playing again and again" I say holding my blade up "for example, if I wanted to , I could disarm any of you with just the saya, I could switching between holding the blade to my front or back, down or up, bring a swing around without exposing my back to your Asauchi, Hell if I wanted to I could leave two cuts in your chest alongside eachother without ever hitting your sides or lower than your stomach"
cont

2 is ninja duty
11 is fightan'
4 is healin'

what are the other 10 court guard squads responsibilities?

" When the wind blows,
Know which way to bend
and watch the others break. "

If the shiroyama backstory theory is correct, we'd probably HATE the 11th more then anything for treating combat like a game.

Why is it that every time I hear anything about Zaraki he becomes infinitely cooler to me?

he spent the entire series playing with his murderboner

Why hate them? Most of them are pretty bro tier, and Zaraki himself is everything that Kimi's philosophy aspires to. He don't give a fuck about Zanjutsu, he just learned to fight by being the baddest motherfucker in town until he was also the best motherfucker in town.

He still sounds cooler.

I'm reminded of the Sniper trailer for TF2 oddly enough: "Have a plan to kill everyone you meet."

No it really isn't "Her People", She fought at Shiroyama and more than likely believed in the ideal of the Samurai and the Bushido code, They are definitely not her people, Quit telling lies because you want to join the 11th.

9 is 'culture' and communication
12 is r&d
1 is administration
6 is...paperwork

>Zaraki himself is everything that Kimi's philosophy aspires to.
No, he really isn't. Zaraki fights by just wildly swinging his sword around and trusting in his strength, if the shiroyama theory is correct, kimi likely follows the code of bushido. She would actually probably be kind of disdainful towards the eleventh.

I wasn't saying that as a neagative.

when he gets a serious sword fight he uses both hands

Third best captain behind Koryaku and Ukitake.

He's the Murderhobo Supreme who also somehow manages to be super chill at the same time.

"Wooooow" Aya says, clapping slowly as a few of the students watch me, and one starts to lick his pen, ready to take notes "That's kind of amazing"

"Even the flexible reed can snap in the storm, be careful where you tread, Kemuri" Sekiryu says coldly

"That's the key to it when the wind blows, know which way to bend , and watch the others break as they try to conquer it by standing as they have always have" I say crossing my arms

"You have talk but can you put it practice?" Sekiryu asks sternly "because I will fail you if you cannot show promise here, with all your strutting about and boasting, I'll doom you to the kido corps"

"Hmm, not much of a punishment" I say as I turn back to the class and grin "Any of you willing to stand for your art"

"I was thinking I would, with how much you've insulted my work" Sekiryu says closing his bad eye "Hell, you may break a record here if you impress me without even knowing your blade's name, or even preforming jinsen"

What do I do?
[] Bow and match blades with him, upholding my honor 1d100
[] point out how I could knock him off his feet before drawing my blade 1d20+int
[] enact the above 1d100
[] Refuse, and show my superiority to another student instead 1d100
[] apologize, saying I meant no offense, I just can't take an insult to my art either
[] tease him
[] Laugh and take two students on at once 1d100
[] write in

Rolled 82 (1d100)

>[] apologize, saying I meant no offense, I just can't take an insult to my art either
>[] Bow and match blades with him, upholding my honor 1d100

Rolled 37 (1d100)

Ninth is SS defense also, 1st is being a model Shinigami.

Rolled 50 (1d100)

The scariest thing about him doing that is that he stops smiling. During every fight he's in he's always grinning and laughing like a madman, like every moment in the battle is the best moment of his life. But the minute he grips that sword with both hands, he stops smiling, it looks like he's bored and sad and just done with everything going on. And that fucking scares me.

Rolled 46 (1d100)

Show him the might of our style refined in countless battles.

Rolled 6 (1d100)

choppin' onions

Rolled 76 (1d100)

He doesn't smile every fight.

Rolled 27 (1d100)

>[] apologize, saying I meant no offense, I just can't take an insult to my art either

Fuck what I said earlier, we're pulling a Layla.

An 82...it's good, but probably won't impress him too much.

This.

Rolled 26 (1d100)

Dammit me

I think my point still stands, he looks sad as fuck when he two hands his sword.

Rolled 46 (1d100)

Because when he uses both hands, it means he's stopped caring about enjoying the fight and actually needs to win.

Bushido motherfuckers.
82 is a pretty damn good roll user

I understand that, I'm just trying to convey what his expression says to me. Also, I just watched all of his fight scenes through AMV's as I'm not going through 900 episodes just to catch up, so I have no real context for whats going on. Thought I should mention that.

Yeah, I was just explaining why he looks sad.

Man, i want to go "the next thing you are going to do is" when we are knocking his ass around.

>Yell out the logical progression of his form from that position and just kind of move around it.

Uhg no, Don't bring Jojo shit in here.

Yeah no, I got that part, I just didn't know if I was missing something because I didn't watch the episodes with the fight. Sorry, my lack of Bleach knowledge is hampering me right now.

for best of 5 average roll is about 85

But it would be a prefect end for our lecture about how his style is predictable.

-

"Then I'll take you" I purr, drawing my blade slowly as I step onto the training square, a plain square of dirt stained with blood and sweat from countless practices, the other students clear off quickly, except for Aya, who rushes to my side and pulls on my sleeve "to defend my own honor at least"

"Kimi, I don't think this is such a good idea" She says meekly, sounding worried for the first time since I met her "I mean he's got a lot more practice than you do and...well he looks kind of pissed"

"I've been meeting blades my whole life" I say calmly "or my previous one at least, and it's probably a bad idea, but I don't back down from my boasts when I've put my honor on the line, now little bird, flutter away for blood is about to spray"

"Hmm" Sekiryu says, slowly drawing his Zanpakutō from it's smoothed bamboo sheath, there's a short golden string wrapped around the base of its blade "I shall show you easily reeds can snap, upstart and smack you down to reality"

"And I shall demonstrate how a storm can leave a pond barren and dry" I say smugly as Aya looks up at me with a look of fear etched into the lines of her face

"I...I" She stumbles for a bit as she backs away "go..good luck Kimi"

"Thanks" I say as I step forward, lowering my blade to the ground as I grip its scabbard and bow along with the instructor "But I don't need luck"

"BEGIN!" Sekiryu bellows like a dragon, waving his arm off as some servant rings the gong.

He raises his blade high up, in a catious stance, and begins to circle me as I dip lower to the ground, slouching like a common thief.

We prowl around each other, each scrape of a sandal making my heart go faster.

And then he vanishes, and is above me, swinging his sword down. Ah that's shunpo isn't it.

Now, I'd lose my head here. If I didn't know how to block this.
cont

Hahahahahahahahaha, the bastard resorts to using shunpo against a academy student! He has lost any credibility he might have had.

>now little bird, flutter away for blood is about to spray
I kinda love this line

I swing my own sword up in a wide arc, catching his as it rushes to meet mine. I stand up, pushing my weight against it as sparks fly between us. My blade slides up his, pushing his strike out of his control as I twist my blade back around in mid swing.

He draws back and I swing my scabbard like a club, He moves to bat it aside, and I bring my swing to a close as he swings for my middle.

we step past each other and turn to face each other.

His shoulder is cut, and he's managed to get a thin slice in my stomach, which would've been deep enough to disembowel me if I hadn't stretched like a cat in the middle of my attack.

He sprints closing the gap between us as he attempts a drawing strike against me, aiming for my left arm.

What do I do?
[] Meet it, and follow through 1d100
[] Throw my scabbard at his face and attack 1d100
[] use one of the two kido spells I've mastered already Shō *Thrust* or Sai *restraint* 1d20+spirit
[] Kick dust into his eyes 1d20+int
[] Dance out of the way 1d20+mobility"
[] Grab the blade and headbut him 1d20+ endurance
[] write in

Rolled 11 (1d20)

>[] Grab the blade and headbut him 1d20+ endurance

Rolled 12 (1d100)

>[] Meet it, and follow through 1d100

Rolled 11 (1d20)

Rolled 17 (1d20)

Rolled 13 (1d20)

>[] use one of the two kido spells I've mastered already Shō *Thrust* or Sai *restraint* 1d20+spirit

Rolled 1 (1d20)

Rolled 83 (1d100)

>[] Throw my scabbard at his face and attack 1d100

Rolled 9 (1d20)

I'd say use magic, but that would be cowardly at this point.

YOU FUCKER GODDAMNIT!
Uhg this is why I fucking hate not having any rerolls.

motherfucker. Welp. I'm done rolling for the rest of the thread.

6th roll guys...

isn't it the sixth?

And we would have been fucking fine if not because of you....And we have no rerolls goddamnit, So we're fucked now because of you and your one roll.

No its the 5th d20 roll

No it isn't you blind retardsThis is a d100.