Connected to Aznet...

>Welcome back to /srg/, chummer
>Last Viewed Files:
>Pit_Fighting.trd
>Growing_Maize.sim
>Most_Wanted_Amazonian_Terrorists.pdf
>Righteous_Justice_Visited_On_Sirrurg.trd

Personal Alerts
* Your Current Rep Score: 36348 (99% Positive)
* You have 1 new private message, titled 'You coming to the sacrifice tomorrow?'
* Your Chummer > Tools > Options books list has been unchecked github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
* Cloud File Storage: pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
* Running RoadToElDoradoChel.BTL...

>Shoot straight
>Conserve ammo
>And never, ever cut a deal with a dragon

Why is the most stable nation in America the one that pulls out people's hearts? No wonder everyone loves them.

The UCAS has been stable since long before ORO stepped up to salvage the wreckage of former Mexico, you fucking nerd.

So for point 4: won't it be really easy to hack doors and cameras then?

And for unattended devices, does that extend to AR hacking? I don't see how willpower would come into play when defending in AR.

Sure, solitary doors and cameras are super easy to hack, when not slaved to a Host, or to a security spider's deck. They're supposed to be - the same way that solitary guards without biomonitors, automatic weapons, and milspec armor are supposed to be trivially easy for the street samurai to dispatch. That's the benefit of being good at your role.

Also, don't try to make sense of the willpower thing. If it's on someone, it gets the willpower benefit - period.

>UCAS
>Stable

Yeah, that's what happened. Aztlan goes back to 2015, before the UCAS was even created and while the component parts were involved in the Ghost Dance War. 2030 the UCAS gets created, and immediately starts ripping itself apart as the CAS separates. Then a few more years and California jumps ship. And of course the New Revolution.

Not to mention the fact that, over the less than 50 year history of the country, two major UCAS cities (Chicago and Boston) have had to be placed under quarantine after massive civilian casualties following corps messing with things they ought not to have been messing with. Aztlan came under attack from a rampaging Great Dragon, and not only held it together but would have killed the fucker if every other Great hadn't formed the Super Friends to save his scaly ass.

Literally the worst public thing to happen to Aztlan in their history was the assassination of the Aztechnology CEO at the Yucatan Peace Summit, and they wrapped that up by having Dzitbalchén handed to them by Pobre, then did the first trial and execution of a dragon by a metahuman court. They won the PR war in Amazonia, and they've been hard at work co-opting former enemies (see above: Pobre).

Honestly, if I was a citizen in the Americas I'd want to be an Aztlaner. If you don't know anything about the shadows, like 98% of people, then Aztlan is heads and shoulders above everyone in terms of 'not in imminent danger of revolution/being fucked by deals the government made with the devil/having to walk around in a loincloth like the other NANners.'

1) well, that's just what I was asking. The last post in the last thread suggested that once you've hacked your way into a WAN, it'd be the same result as a direct connection. That didn't seem right, even with my foggy recollection of the rules.

2) then why should the street sam even bother buying a R6 commlink? It'd be better if he left it in his car while he went running.

Only caught the tail end of the thread, so I think it's cool to ask again here. Pretty new to SR but I have a game coming up and what I have in mind is a tomboy Oni gal for a street scum level game with kind of a Bancho gimmick, wanna smash some stuff and get into trouble/in over my head with a fight first rabblerouser vibe. Any advice on it?

>2) then why should the street sam even bother buying a R6 commlink? It'd be better if he left it in his car while he went running.

If he doesn't mind being out of touch with the team the entire run, sure. Commlinks help you network your devices and communicate with other people, which is super useful when you're going into a high-stakes mission. Not to mention that, if any point of the run involves being in the public for a second, not broadcasting a SIN is a huge red flag.

So carry a metalink you don't use for PAN purposes.

A popular and well-known choice. Lots of groups reduce the number of PANs they have going, running important shit through the decker for the security bonus. It has a few obvious drawbacks (if the decker is compromised, the whole network is, you can't get too far without noise penalties) but it's a solid alternative for people who can't afford high-Firewall 'links for each member.

There's not much to go on there, dude. Not sure what to tell you, or even what your looking for. Is there something specific you need advice on?

Well the idea is to be capable to an extent but by no means a monster in terms of fighting, Likely not trained with much if any martial skill. Do you compensate with some Face skills for generally gangish leadership. It's a bit of a jumble for sure yeah.

Ideally I want to be able to do some stuff but definitely a total punk.

I guess I'm asking like what peoples thoughts are on the way to roll Bancho shit in a setting like this.

>Banchō (番長?) may refer to either a governmental position during the Ritsuryō period, or the leader of a group of delinquents.

Maybe. Take the Thug Life Code from Run Faster, have the gang be a group contact, be in a gang, easy and common. Running a gang is something else, and requires talking to your GM, because that is a major and difficult-to-quantify resource. especially in a street level game.

I'd probably go melee, most likely clubs, with probably some way to hide said weapons, I'd say Palming is a must.

Assuming sum to six

Prioritise Stats above all else, I'd say go B Metatype as you'll probably want the edge, and B stats E everything else is what you're describing. Go for the edge based qualities like daredevil and Revels in murder. Use drugs for initiative and a boost in combat

It's probably a bit more optimal to go C metatype B stats D magic E skills and cash andd get adept boosts (and still take drugs)

Oh and get a katana not a baseball bat, it's in theme for a Oni and far less shit.

Yeah with how noise works the second your metalink goes anywhere other than a barrens dive wifi hotspot your commlink will be swarmed by spam and pop ups and be basically unusable.

So the bumblebee looks interesting, but I cant find in the nothing personal mobi or epub. Whats up with that?

Hey Chummerguy, would it be possible to add an optional houserule to make Lucky actually increase the base edge, too? Seems like something that might be appreciated by people.

Make a file called override_lucky_qualities.xml in your data folder.

Put this inside it:

78f7456d-78b8-461e-a2b2-bd0d63c48712
Lucky
Positive

EDG
1 1

Exceptional Attribute

SR5

No idea. The PDF is in the pastebin, though.

>being fucked by deals the goverment made with the devil
The goverment is the puppet of evil doom cultists wanting to blow up the world. That's like, totally you getting fucked.

Yeah, but the average guy on the street doesn't know that. He sees a Path of the Sun priest walking down the road, he gives a friendly nod and wishes the priest the best ripping out of a criminal's heart on top of that stepped pyramid.

Besides, the Horrors are a problem for the future. It's not like they're going to show up tomorrow. and the vidya is stupid for saying so. It's a great cosmic cycle, it's not like they just need a hand opening the screen door

>Besides, the Horrors are a problem for the future
Don't the editions keep jumping a few years into the future every time we get a new one, and aren't the shedim/shadow spirits implied or stated to be similar to Horrors?

Like, centuries in the future. The Sixth World is going to last for several thousand years, same as the Fifth World, and the horrors come at the peak/middle of that. Shadowrun would still be only at the very beginning of the Sixth World even if they jumped an entire century into the future.

>Besides, the Horrors are a problem for the future. It's not like they're going to show up tomorrow. and the vidya is stupid for saying so. It's a great cosmic cycle, it's not like they just need a hand opening the screen door
Except in the novels written back in 1e, Azzie cultists did give them a hand. They failed due to Dunzie's suicide plot. But hey, I sure do wonder what would have happened if someone killed all the dragons, including Dunzie, before he could stop the azzies.

What vehicles do you guys use for the team bus (if you have one). I'm torn between a bulldog, an econovan or even the Sidewinder SUV.

A busted hooptie roadmaster that's been infested by a notice me senpai imouto-type personality AI.

A wireless off micro-transceiver solves that, and can't be snooped on.

Back when I actually played, with my wheelman\face character, I had two vehicles

A custom cyber-muscle car, stat'd by the GM considering the game doesn't have any, that was basically my street racing vehicle, and team vehicle when speed was necessary. Only real time it was needed was when we had to chase down an armored car transporting a redacted prisoner we needed to rescue (before he got interrogated-on-the-road and dumped in the sound), and deal with the convoy outrider combat vehicles.

After that, I\we had a military offroad MRAP 4x4 with heavy armor plating and weapon mounts. We never used it though because it was basically for running off-road smuggling routes between Tshimshian\Seattle\Tir - and we never had any jobs to do that.

My escape driver-type rigger's Hyundai Shin-Hyung. I've modified it to have a six-person cabin capacity, plus trunk space.

>Tshimshian\Seattle\Tir

I meant SSC - Its been a while

Hey chummers, I need a bit of help.

I'm currently wanting to make a completely drug focused character, but i'm not 100% how to go about it.

I have the general things (Narco, though not going with the Nephritic Screen, His drug of choice, etc.), but beyond that, I'm not entirely sure what drugs I should go with.

Also, I want to make him a bit of a dealer as well, not just a user. How would I go about doing that too?

>Machete don't chat-to-text
>Machete don't use blood magic
>Machete don't communicate with horrors
>Machete-Machete-Machete-Machete

Don't get high on your own supply.

That's literally just Danny Trejo.

Nah, The drugs he uses are not the drugs he sells.... For the most part. He'll have a supply of Jazz he might dip into, for example, but he keeps work and play separate, for the most part.

What's going on around San Francisco and the San Andreas Fault? I remember references to weird magical stuff in it.

The correct answer is the Roadmaster as it has really high body and armour allowing for some nice customablity and resilience, all the while having enough room for a large runner team of a team with extras. Finally it is a civilian veichle so it is easier to drive around a city.

Now my answer would be to save up for a Sea sprite tilt engine. Same benifits of the road master but its also a tilt engine plane and it already has rapid deployment lines or rescue winches
Further more convincing the gm that your secondary propulsion : submersible is just tilting the engines even further back is always fun

Additionally, wasn't there some weird shit with a merc invasion and a wall being put up and a ton of people dying?

Actually makeing a living outside of shadowrunning is not covered in the books. Yes you could take day job quality but that is more working at StufferShack.
Anyway, Narco is great, the screen is quite useful, you also want an injection harness of some description. The basic kamakazi is fairly useful especially with narco beyond that the designer drugs might get you where you want to go but it really depends on what your charater is and what roll they play. One thing to be aware of is the drug interaction table in chromed flesh; taking a second drug or dose is generally ok, taking a third is problematic

Don't be an idiot. Also take the Nephritic Screen.

I'm mostly looking for this guy to be your every-man kind of runner. He's got a Colt Cobra machine gun, semi-average stats, etc.

Not really looking for the most optimal build, though keeping SOME kamakazi on hand probably wouldn't be a bad idea.

I think I'm gonna stay away from the custom drugs, because its a street campaign, and funds are tight, not to mention they get WAY out of hand, but I'll try to keep the drug interaction table on hand too.

The big problem is that this is going to be a Street game, so getting outfitted is not going to be cheap. Rating 6 nephritic screen is gonna cost about 1/3 my total funds, and I got A rank in resources. Narco is already 16k.

>Street game
Your GM done fucked up if you're not playing Street Scum.

Street Level is "lol, play awakened" the game setting.

GM even said its no-holds-barred. Pull no punches. Nothing is off the table.

Sounds like loads of fun, honestly

>The big problem is that this is going to be a Street game, so getting outfitted is not going to be cheap. Rating 6 nephritic screen is gonna cost about 1/3 my total funds, and I got A rank in resources. Narco is already 16k.
Make the investment. You really do need it for a drugs build to not be effectively suicidal due to addiction risk. Definitely get it Used, though; it sounds like you're going to have sparse enough 'ware that you can afford the Essence, and hopefully 18k won't completely ruin you, financially.

>Street level, Priority A only gives 75k nuyen
Also, your GM is an asshole, and you should play an Awakened character. This is going to go very shitty for you otherwise.

>Not really looking for the most optimal build, though keeping SOME kamakazi on hand probably wouldn't be a bad idea.
My preferred Drug Build loadout is Kamikaze + Betameth. With Narco, you're looking at +3 Reaction, +2 Intuition, +2 Body, +2 Agility, +3 Strength, +2 Willpower, and +2d6 Initiative. If you get them Pharma-grade, they're also not a severe addiction risk, and the crash period gets shortened down to 1/4 when stacked with Narco. You won't really find a better combo outside of some minmaxed custom drugs.

>everyone plays Awakened
>get rekt by drones and Matrix shit

great idea guys NOT

If you want to be a sneaky adept using Deadly Venom and Injection Arrows filled with Narcojet, is Poisoner worth it?

What other qualities are good?

Everyone playing Awakened is a shitty idea in a normal game, but Street Level - which is what we're talking about - mainly only reduces the amount of money you get at chargen. So, instead of getting 450k at Resources A, you get 75k. Instead of getting 275k at B, you get 50k - and so on, and so forth.

Added on to that the fact that Device Ratings cap out at 4 and Availability caps out at 10, and Street Level is very specifically about fucking over mundies.

Awakened, on the other hand, suffer literally no reductions.

It's an Awakened-only style of play.

Shit. Just realized.

Narco is 12F. This is Street, so we have a cap of 10 rating.

I'll have to talk to my GM.

Even street level can't make Technomancers viable.

I WANT THIS MEME TO DIE

>Injection Arrows
1. Injection arrows do normal arrow damage; there's a pretty good chance you're going to kill your target from the arrow alone, and it's almost guaranteed when you combine that with the Physical overflow from the Narcoject.

2. Narcoject is an Immediate poison, but counter-intuitively Immediate poisons/drugs don't actually kick into effect until the end of the current combat turn (entire turn, not initiative pass). Anyone hit will have time to raise the alert before the poison actually has a chance to take effect.

So, your sneaky poisoner adept is going to need a little work. You want a delivery method that the victim won't notice until after the poison takes effect.

What.

If your injection arrow doesn't kill your target from the arrow itself, they're going to hit the alarm and then get killed by the narcoject when it overflows from Stun into what's left of the victim's Physical track.

You start a combat turn because you're dealing damage and all that. They roll high enough to get two passes, or you go first.

You fire your arrow, hitting him square on and injecting the Narojet. Their pass comes up, they press the "OH SHIT" button on his commlink.

More stuff may or may not happen, but once all the passes go through and the full combat turn is over, the narcojet finally kicks in and he kicks the bucket. But now you have more guards dispatched to his exact location.

what book is the "street scum" chargen level from

>GM even said its no-holds-barred. Pull no punches. Nothing is off the table.
That can be a load of fun. I find it more fun when chargen is less skewed in favour of picking a mage or adept.

Well.

That's awful, but alright, I guess.

Is being a designated marksman/sniper type guy actually viable as an adept, then? What do you need for it?

Core.

Core. Just do a pdf search.

Core, page 350.

>Is being a designated marksman/sniper type guy actually viable as an adept, then?
Yeah.

>What do you need for it?
A smartlinked rifle, lots of Initiative, and as much invested in Longarms and Agility as possible.

If you're willing to burn 1 point of Magic/Essence, some cybereyes wouldn't be awry. Cram things like Smartlink, Flare Compensation, and Vision Enhancement on them; put Magnification on the smartgun system's camera. The Tremor Reducer bioware from Chrome Flesh is also fucking magnificent for anyone who wants to take carefully-aimed shots.

It's basically just the standard gun-adept build, but with longarms.

I know nothing about 5e really, so any help is appreciated here. I'm kinda interested in maybe doing that Prototype Transhuman quality?

Or I guess I could do the character as completely 'ware based, but I'm a fan of Adepts.

Prototype Transhuman is a huge asspull of a quality unless you're building your entire backstory around it. Just eat the 1 Essence loss; it's not a huge deal for an Adept.

For 1 Essence, you can get a Rating 2 Tremor Reducer, Rating 2 Cybereyes capable of housing a Smartlink, Rating 3 Vision Enhancement, and Flare Compensation, and still have .5 Essence left over for a Platelet Factory and a Pain Editor.

Why is it a huge asspull?

It's a quality that demands a huge component of the character's backstory to explain how they were born as a prototype transhuman (yes, born as one) which almost no backstories actually adequately explain, and it's hugely more powerful for Awakened characters than mundanes, despite costing the same either way.

Prototype Transhuman means you're a lab-designed freak, created from conception by some biomedical project to prove you can grow bioware as normal organs in genetically-engineered test subjects. It's not some mechanical bonus that you just buy for the benefits of it.

Hey Poke. You got any ideas on how we're supposed to grab this mob boss? Because I expect we're going to need to really work for this paycheck.

So... just make a backstory that gives it a reason? How is that difficult?

>Prototype Transhuman is a huge asspull of a quality unless you're building your entire backstory around it.
>unless you're building your entire backstory around it
As long as your backstory prominently features you getting fabricated and growing up in a laboratory, then either breaking free or getting thrown out for being defective, you're golden.

If your backstory doesn't involve it at least that prominently, it's an asspull.

And if you're playing an Awakened character, it's a double asspull, because then it's just a naked display of minmaxy powergaming.

Relatedly, how do you actually account for that in Chummer? The quality itself, I mean. I don't see an option to reduce the essence cost.

Give yourself a one point Essence Antihole, maybe?

They also say it can just be a mutation, and give you non-Wanted qualities you can take to show this.
It's definitely a weird quality, but there are a lot of qualities that have equally huge backstory effecting bullshit.
Just something as simple as Sensei has you have a backstory including getting trained by them as well as having them be a contact.

>They also say it can just be a mutation
Massive, shitty asspull. If you want to be a mutant, take SURGE. Prototype Transhuman literally says:
>You are an extremely rare, genetically crafted, experimental post-human prototype.
>the downside of being a rare, one-of-a-kind transhuman prototype

The quality represents being manufactured by a megacorp, and efforts to diminish that fact are just really pathetic gestures by powergamers who want the benefits of Prototype Transhuman while ignoring its actual fluff implications.

There should always be a "Free!" option when you get things, including cyber/bio ware.

It does it automatically.

>There should always be a "Free!" option when you get things, including cyber/bio ware.
That makes them not cost nuyen but still cost Essence, which is the opposite of how Prototype Transhuman works.

So I have a question, those karma points I get for contacts, can the leftovers be added to your karma pool?

Nope.

It's just not the big deal you're making out.

Aztechnology rolled out “Family Planning Support” in 2055, and the other corps were likely doing similar (though less prolific) around the same time.

>On the surface, the program relieves economic stresses on families by providing monetary bonuses for each child born to a family. Under the program, the government of Aztlan provides a 10,000 AZT peso bonus for a single birth, 25,000 for twins, 50,000 for triplets, and so on. (When you consider the average annual wage inside Aztlan is around 120,000 AZT pesos, you can imagine how tempting these bonuses are.)
>The end result is a whole crop of 15- to 17-year-old ork boys who’ve been enrolled in special “educational facilities” since the age of 2 years. Those who enlist in the Aztlan military earn an additional 50,000 AZT peso bonus for their families (kids can enlist at age 15 in Aztlan). And those who are accepted into Aztechnology’s military forces earn a 100,000 AZT peso bonus. Not surprisingly, Aztechnology security forces have ballooned during the past two years and the growth shows no signs of letting up.

>And these kids—they’re not just indoctrinated in Aztechnology culture. Some are supposedly cloned from the best Guerreros in Aztechnology service, while others are test-tube babies concocted from gametes donated from those same guerreros. Certainly they’re a grade—or ten—above the barrens-brats a lot of militaries recruit.

Consider that this is the public rollout; they had to have done some prior testing. Prototype Transhumans aren't limited to a life of growing up in labs and vats, and trying to force an issue out of it is silly.

I just made a new sheet, took Prototype Transhuman, added Muscle Toner, and it costs the standard essence.

Oh my bad, thought that would have worked for the essence too, but yeah even then it would still do the money.

Okay

>even then it would still do the money
Augs from Prototype Transhuman still cost chargen money. They just don't cost Essence.

That's what was TRYING to say, I was an idiot for suggesting Free! because then it wouldn't subtract the money even if it DID make it cost no essence which it doesn't so I was just wrong on all accounts. Also that was a really bad way of wording it on my part.

>using good soldiers as studs in breeding programs is the same thing as genetically-engineered prototype transhumans who grow bioware the way normal people grow organs
No. Again, the quality literally states:
>You are an extremely rare, genetically crafted, experimental post-human prototype.
>the downside of being a rare, one-of-a-kind transhuman prototype

It is an explicitly big deal.

You're just being the king of asspull mountain.

How do you actually make them not cost essence, though? It doesn't automatically do it, or if it does, it requires something that isn't apparent.

If it doesn't do it automatically, you just purchase an equal-sized Essence Antihole.

Check your actual Essence deduction; it's sorta doing it wrong since it's not discounting a specific set of bioware, but given the general use-case is bullshit shenanigansy mages that wouldn't be taking any extra ware anyway, it's somewhat irrelevant.

Is it going to just be easier if I allow custom essence costs and just set the essence costs of the ones from Transhuman to 0?

Yeah ... no. You're being an obstinate twat.

You can be a prototype without living in a test tube. If you're not convinced by an entire country rolling out a program to create genetically enhanced soldiers (and really, you're being a fucking idiot by calling *that* an ass pull), think Truman Show. If they want real data on how their prototypes will behave, they're not going to get it by keeping them cooped up like labrats.

You can also be rare without being valuable or wanted.
>This additional Negative Quality represents that [...] there is something wrong with you (them’s the breaks for being a prototype).
Ain't that something? Why, it's exactly like you could be a prototype that grew up normally, was never taken further because you didn't meet the selected standards, and was never informed about any of it.

That would break it. The way prototype transhuman works is that we calculate how much Essence you've lost. If you have Prototype Transhuman, we subtract 1 from that total essence loss. In some ways this is wrong because you can pick bioware that costs more than 1 Essence and it comes through as a reduction, but eh. I've yet to see a character that isn't a mage take it.

I also think you're over-reacting, sure it's really special snowflake but I wouldn't even consider it to be one of the worse things they added. Practically all of Run Faster is ridiculous fluff-wise, for all the stupid races they add and how rare they are. Fucking Technomancers from core are probably rarer, you can always make test tube babies but Techo's are just one in a billion. The biggest issue with Prototype Transhuman is that it doesn't just say "work it out with your DM" which is really all it should say, because in the end that's all fluff is.

Really your just butthurt because someone wants to be a unicorn.

I'm currently making a character with Prototype Transhuman, Biocompatibility: Bioware, and I'm trying to find if there's other essence reduction or ware-related qualities. Also, again, it doesn't appear to actually be reducing the essence loss.

>Really your just butthurt because someone wants to be a unicorn.
I'm butthurt because everyone who takes Prototype Transhuman wants to play a unicorn, but then refuses to actually build their character around the fact that they're a goddamn unicorn, treating it as the backstory equivalent of being Asian, or not even getting a mention.

I don't care if people take it, but if you take it and then do everything in your power to diminish its backstory significance, rather than building your fluff around it, then you're a powergaming cunt.

Hm. With Biocompatibility and Prototype Transhuman, Bone Density Augmentation Rank 4 and Muscle Toner Rating 1 should give you an Essence of 5.74.

Thanks a bunch! Honestly a big help for organizing thoughts.

Yes, because that's clearly where this guy was going with that, you got him, well autism fit'd over.

But like that other guy is saying, there are dozens of ways to define that trait, even the book (which it seems you're holding pretty tight to your chest), states you're only worth 25,000 nY. Which isn't even that much, there are cars worth more.

Just to make sure I'm not retarded, is Essence only listed under the 'ware page, or is there another page?

It's also in the side bar under Build Summery. Second stat from the bottom.

>you're only worth 25,000 nY
The bounty to get you back pays 25,000 nuyen. Nobody pays what something is actually worth as a bounty. If you're getting paid 25k to repo a car, you'd better believe that car's worth half a million or more.

It's a big fucking deal, it says right in the quality it's a big fucking deal, and even if you were just discarded for being lactose intolerant rather than having to make some big fucking break from your corporation, you're still a hugely rare and exceptional individual who undoubtedly spent at least some of their life living in a laboratory testing that fact.

When you go, 'Yeah, nah, he was put in a foster family and doesn't even know he's a transhuman,' that's the rough equivalent of going, 'Oh, and he's a mage because I wanted the Heal spell, but other than that being a mage isn't part of his backstory, he just Awoke once and it wasn't a big deal or anything.'

It's dumb, it's an asspull, and you should feel bad about your dumb asspull.