MUH STORE OF VALUE

>MUH STORE OF VALUE

Seriously, how the fuck did this meme even start?

Bitcoin was never designed to be a store of value you jackasses. It was designed to be a CURRENCY. Hence crypto-CURRENCY. Stop deluding yourselves because you've now realized that BTC with it's inability to scale, it's lack of consensus, it's endless forks, and it's exorbitant fees mean that it will never serve it's intended function.

ACTUAL stores of value: Houses, land, classic cars, firearms, precious metals, antiques. These things do not swing 10-20% at the drop of a hat. You can't fat finger sell a 1967 Shelby Cobra and crash the whole fucking market.

Bitcoin is just CODE you idiots. Code that can be easily replicated and/or rendered obsolete. It has no inherent value.

Get in, make your money, and get out. You're not going to be using Bitcoin in 2027 anymore than you're using AOL as a fucking search engine in 2017.

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Bitcoin_forks
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

go back to pol

>implying technology needs to be used for it's original purpose
We found out it wasn't so good for original purposes and now use it for something else. If it was an effective currency it would be regarded as such, but it's not.
Turns out it's really good and storing value AND shielding it from general market risks. In other words, the dow crashes tomorrow and your bitcoin doesn't.
>bbbbut I don't like what people use it for
That's too fucking bad, get over it

Its over the future exchanges will destroy all coins central banks store gold not bitcoin it's all over war has been declared
The government will crush the price of all coins sorry just look at what they do in the gold futures market they don't delver or buy gold but they crush the price anytime they want
Bitcoin is a threat to them !
This is why 4 futures exchange are opening
DEC 10th & 15 the other two next year it's over user's

this
cope. kys

>Seriously, how the fuck did this meme even start?

Blockstream INC

Pol did nothing wrong.

This retard shitposter is not representative of that boards ethos.

>Code that can be easily replicated and/or rendered obsolete
full retard mode

spot on!!!!

You didn't even read my post.
By the way if I wanted to buy muh coffee with bitcoin today I'd pay more in fees than the price of the coffee.

Sorry it's not what you wanted it to be. Too bad, get over it

>Bitcoin is just CODE you idiots. Code that can be easily replicated and/or rendered obsolete. It has no inherent value.

Its amazing this description fits nearly every major product of a sector which didn't exist 3 decades ago and now dominates the stock markets

>MUH STORE OF VALUE
>how the fuck did this meme even start?
When you can't use your coin for the purpose it was intended you have to come up with an easy to remember slogan you can shill to brainlets, no matter how devoid of actual meaning that slogan is.

yeah, absolutely
github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin

>the absolute state of biz

Go ahead and try to make a counterfeit bitcoin. See if you can spend it.
If it's really that easy, why aren't you doing it and getting rich?
Thinking this is possible indicates a misunderstanding of what blockchain is.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Bitcoin_forks

it literally is that fucking easy or why do you think we have like 1500 different shitcoins?

>We found out it wasn't so good for original purposes and now use it for something else.
It's an even worse store of value than a currency. The value of Bitcoin is 25% less than it was a day ago. Does that sound like a great store of value to you?

You aren't using it as a store of value, you're using it as a get rich quick scheme.

>Bitcoin is just CODE you idiots. Code that can be easily replicated and/or rendered obsolete. It has no inherent value.

How much of brainlet do you have to be to think this way.

BTC isn't just code. It's a giant worldwide supercomputer. That's a big fucking part of the puzzle that gives a lot of worth. This super computer allows trustless decentralized transactions cutting out predatory middlemen. Code doesn't somehow magically make expensive hardware mining nodes pop out of thin air.

The only valid thing that can take down Bitcoin or BCH, whichever one wins, is the government.
The 'Muh Tulips' argument is fucking dumb.

>Bitcoin is just CODE you idiots. Code that can be easily replicated and/or rendered obsolete.
>NUH UH!!!!!

This is the level of stupidity we're dealing with...

Tell me again about how bitcoin forks are worth the price of a real bitcoin.
It literally can't be. Once again please try and make a counterfeit bitcoin.
Everyone on the network knows your coin is fake. Hence forks

nobody ever claimed you could make fake bitcoins, are you retarded or just argueing an imaginary point because you got called out with facts?

>Code that can be easily replicated and/or rendered obsolete.
>easily replicated
What is a replica

Wtf I hate bitcoin now

>code can be replicated
>copied
>literally open source
ok you're just retarded. If you told me earlier I wouldn't have insulted you

This.

Idiots who bought at any price above 3k constantly have to tell themselves and the world how good Bitcoin is. They do it to reassure themselves. They have a guilty conscience.

As a general rule, the more enthusiastic and dogmatic someone is about Bitcoin, the higher price they bought in at.

All the oldfags and cryptoanarchists from 2009-2013 are either pessimistic or keep to themselves nowadays.

The value of bitcoin isn't the technology, its speed, is scalability. No coiners don't get this. The value of bitcoin is that its the official cryptocurrency, the official measure of the worlds wealth. Instant, fast, transactions at scale can be done by any third party, or off chain. And any innovations by other coins can just be incorporated into bitcoin. If any other coin took over bitcoin it would actually refute the entire premise of the block chain, and all crypto will likely fail.

ya it ruin now sell what you have by land

Everybody mixes up technology and the implementation of that technology. Blockchain + bitcoin original source, etc is very valuable. A particular instance of it doesn't reflect the underlying thing. Get your arguments straight whether your arguing for the original blockchain implementation or the technology itself.

im sick of bitcoin, its distributed unevenly

>Google overtook Altavista
>Whole internet failed

Jesus Christ...

And with that said - bitcoin is a get rich quick scheme and a poor implementation of a good idea, the underlying tech has yet to be implemented in a more perfect form (or at least achieve that recognition).

>This super computer allows trustless decentralized transactions cutting out predatory middlemen.
>cutting out predatory middlemen.
Why do you pay a fee when you transfer bitcoins? hmmmmm.

Another brainlet.

Who was worldwide blockchain? You can't just make that appear out of thin air. You have to have a huge infrastructure.
It's like saying the dollar is worthless because someone can design his own dollar bill on Photoshop.

You're not getting it.
YES it is open source YES you can copy it.
But it does not make it actual bitcoin.
It makes a fork, and we all know it's a fork, a replica, a fake. A copy.
You simply cannot use this source code to make your own bitcoin and have anyone believe it's the real thing.

GOLD IS BAD MMMMKAY
its so bad china and russia are hording it....

Dogecoin below 18 satoshis is the true store of value.

>YES it is open source YES you can copy it.
>But it does not make it actual bitcoin.
>It makes a fork, and we all know it's a fork, a replica, a fake. A copy.
>You simply cannot use this source code to make your own bitcoin and have anyone believe it's the real thing.
this is exactly what happens if you compile the source and run miner.bat

And those fees are nothing compared to the banking system, or they are supposed to be. See BCH.

That's right, you make a worthless knockoff.

>Instant, fast, transactions at scale can be done by any third party, or off chain.
Visa does 2000 transactions a second. Bitcoin can only do 3 and it costs $20 or more if you want it to go through in a sane amount of time.

>And any innovations by other coins can just be incorporated into bitcoin.
But they won't. The core developers won't allow any such thing from happening. They censor any such discussion on their heavily moderated forums too.

no you literally make bitcoin, are you retarded?
>nvm already established that

Listen, dumbass: The only thing that gives code any value is it's function. Once new code with better functionality comes along all old code is inevitably replaced. This is indisputable.

It's over for bitcoin. How can it ever recover?

things don't always turn out how the maker intends.

for .gif files most people say giff, not jiff

It will be a currency once 1 sat equals 1 dollar.

I'm just going to assume you're wrong because you didn't give any proof to what you just said. Come back when you compare the transaction fees of bitcoin and a banks.

>Bitcoin was never designed to be a store of value
Wrong
Satoshi limited the number of coins. Designed it intentionally to be deflationary.
Made it a Currency also
yeah he wanted it to be spent on goods and services.
Funny how he had no problem with your false dichotomy
"A medium of exchange can't be one thing AND be another thing. REEEEEEEEEEEEE"
Yeah cuz Gold and Silver don't exist in this time line

You are retarded and a faggot

People will definitely start mining and buying your version user :^)

No shit. visa can just do the same for bitcoin as they do for USD.

And bitcoin has already incorporated tons of shit from other coins especially litecoin which is essentially a beta test for future bitcoin features. If they couldn't adapt litecoin would have taken over.

That's fair and it will inevitably be replaced like any technology.
What I'm arguing is that you can't simply copy/paste bitcoin's source and magically make bitcoins that are recognized as legitimate.

>the one and only true and official crypto
Maybe if lightning is released and viable for daily use before more scalable coins see wider adoption.
I'm not gonna bet on that however.

brainlet on a rampage

>your car doesn't work
>OMG IT NEVER SUPPOSED TO WORK, IT'S JUST FOR LOUNGING
ok

>its an even worse store of value
>10000% up since its inception
>meanwhile the us dollar has lost 90% of its spending power since its inception
seems pretty good to me desu

>t. every bitcoin fork
ok dude, you showed me so much how there really aren't a million shitcoins that are actively traded and mined

This is a rolex.

>millionaires are poor because there are billionaires
how hard are you trying dude?

>Hold BTC
>be guaranteed to receive every future BTC fork in the future
>no way to lose unless you sell the wrong fork
well that was easy

Bitcoin can be a median of exchange, anything can be. However it's unstable which is a negative tick against it for being used as a currency.

I could exchange my USD for bitcoin and the next day it could be worth 30% less. You can't say that bitcoin is a good currency. Until bitcoin changes in a fundamental way to stop wild swings (speculation) it will never be a good currency.

The US dollar isn't a store of value, it's a currency....the thing Bitcoin was supposed to be. The USD is also stable, which makes it a good currency. Bitcoin is unstable which makes it a bad currency and makes it a terrible store of value. Sure, it's 10000% more than it's inception, but that matters little to everyone but the earliest of earliest of adopters now does it? If you bought in yesterday, your store of value today is only worth 75% of what it did a few hours ago.

its been a long time since ive seen an intelligent post on biz about btc

>well played op

>Bitcoin goes up
>"IT'S DA FUTURE OF CURRENCY!"

>Bitcoin goes down
>"I-IT'S A STORE OF VALUE!"

Buttcoiners are the worst

the only thing that stops large swings in value is mass adoption
literally anything would be subject to similar volatility at this market cap

Yep.