EDH/Commander General

Legendary edition

Last thread: RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

>CARD SEARCHING

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface
magiccards.info

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/25-star-general-captain-sisay/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/and-in-her-shadow-there-was-peace/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/ghave-guru-of-value-1/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/dorans-walking-forest/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/zurgos-one-man-army-1/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Someone was autistic enough to make a formal template for "post 'em boys"
I love you

Ugh, fuck.

I'm gonna go make dinner then I'll do this.

I'm going to revive my Shu Yun deck and no one can stop me!

Been playing an Alesha deck for awhile now, hoping to start something new. But I find I'm looking at a lot of reanimator commanders like Sedris and Karador. Think they'd be too samey and lose my interest quickly, or?

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/25-star-general-captain-sisay/
My time has come!

I've been working on this as a fun sorta casual deck for a while as I really like Eldrazi lore. It's preformed pretty well against my friend groups various decks and I think I'm going to use it when we start going to the weekly EDH gatherings at a nearby store. Basically it's just ramp hard and drop big scary Eldrazi to smash my foes with. The best I've done is a turn five It That Betrays which ended the game pretty quickly. What do you guys think? Too weak, too strong?
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/and-in-her-shadow-there-was-peace/

Really depends on how much you like the strategy. It's always interesting to see same strategy with different colours and commander, since the options are always different. Sedris is super fun, I recommend it.
I try to have decks with varying strategies, but they mostly end up being stax-ish or controlling. Creature hate is always fun.

Ive been working on brewing a Bruna deck, but now I have to wait on it because they're offering so much in Kaladesh randomly that supports it. I'm excited because existing options dor stuff like discard in mono white are generally terrible whereas new options like Key to the City and Smuggler's Copter are so much better even if they aren't amazing but now I have to wait on building. Thank/fuck you Wizards.

I want to make a meren deck for french but i dont want to be an insufferable faggot, is this possible or is it just jam as much golgari valuetown as you can?

Nice. I'll fill this out through out the weekend.

EDH players are subhumans and deserve to be fried to ashes in the Treblinka ovens.

Yet another meme format player salty that his friends started playing actual fun magic

Straight Outta Modern

What is a good commander for playing an enchantment/enchantress build, preferably that includes green and white?

So, I'm almost finished building my EDH deck. I ordered a Conspiracy 2 Phyrexian Arena about a week ago.
Instead, they sent me a whole box of Conspiracy 2.

Krond
I'd that too obvious?

For the price of a single card???

What the fuck

Well did you crack one then?

Anyone have any stax decklists they know work and can win? I have a friend who dosnt do shit during games and just sits back not interacting trying to do stax. Well I want to show him what stax really is.

Crazy motherfucker named Tarmogoyf

At least your order fuckup worked.

>tfw they refunded me

Krond is straight broken if you have ramp. I've seen the guy utterly destroy mana bases starting on turn 4.

The fact he's only 3 bucks is shocking. Surely EDH popularity would drive up the prices but nope.

Taken a life or 2 that's what the hell he do, and if you don't like how much he costs well FUCK YOU

>moderately played trinisphere for one cent

the fuck

I got this the next day

Reminded me how tappedout lists Survival of the Fittest as $4.17 or so

>Metalworker for 5 cents
I wonder what Grim Monolith would have been priced at. That's fucking crazy.

What do you think of my deck? I'm not sure if I want to make him full infinite combos or where to go.
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/ghave-guru-of-value-1/

This takes way too much work. Fuck

The phyrexian arena is worth about as much as an opened box of conspiracy 2, you did ok

Well there goes my evening. I was GOING to play Thief 2

Added top shit I forgot about.

I wanna see that Nixilis deck

Who's got some spicy secret tech?

Yep. Checked my bank account to make sure I didn't spend $90 by mistake. I'm pretty sure this was a shipping error
Not yet. I'm getting some friends together to draft it tomorrow. Figured it could be fun.

Don't know it it's "secret" but if you go the tokens route and play Smokestack Mazirek gets real huge real fast.
Just make sure your tokens are outpacing the Smokestack counters and eventually the other players will have nothing and you will have a giant fucking General.

Ashnod's alter is good to.

Spawning pit.

I wanna get into Commander.
Can anyone suggest some cool U/R commanders to build around?

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/dorans-walking-forest/

Advice for Doran Treefolk tribal? Not trying to be too competitive, but please tell me if I'm missing anything good or what to take out (I had a hard time cutting cards from the deck)

Is..is this bait?

idk man there's like only six of them and Jori sucks

If you want to be fucking degenerate then the obvious answer is Sigarda. She has hexproof and can't be sacrificed. If you can get something like Darksteel Plate on her she is virtually unkillable. She also has flying so...
Sigarda is my call.

ARJUN'S WHEEL OF FORTUNE

or Mizzix/Melek if you like spell-slinging

Give me some ideas for the next deck I should build for EDH. Preferably on the budget side.

Does it HAVE to be strictly Izzet or can it include other things?

well, what kind of decks do you like playing?

Uh.
Not sure if bait. But I'll bite.

If you like storm and spellslinging then
Mizzix or Melek.

If you like degenerate combos and control
Niv Mizzet or Joira

Ashling, 98 mountains, Valakut

What do you enjoy playing normally?

Good suggestions and i appreciate the feedback, but i meant a deck that plays similarly to legacy enchantress/starfield decks that play a lot of enchantments, not just stacking auras.
Krond seems fun, thought i tend to shy away from commanders at 5-6+ mana as my meta runs a thousand sac effects and spot removal.

This isn't bait. I just really like Izzet.
Is it that bad?

Best budget commander is Purphoros he is a highly competitive tier one commander that can be assembled for easily under 60 bucks.

>mfw im playing derevi and i assure everyone its just bird wizard tribal and show them kangee
>mfw its really stax
>mfw i get a lock asap and ateast 2 people scoop

Izzet is known for degeneracy/autism. That, and it's extremely popular. Both are reasons why people have strong reactions to it.

If you are looking for basically a pillow forting stax G/W commander then play Gaddok Teeg.
He's a real cunt.
You will probably hated out of any metas though. As he is extremely cunty.

and they're almost all the same

On the downside, Purph is boring as shit to play. I built him once. I dealt a shitload of damage with minimal effort.

So you just hate playing Magic?

Real men play Norin with Purphoros in the 99

Pro tip for Purph: Never, EVER let him become a creature. He becomes infinitely more fragile because that turns on Path to Exile and Swords to Plowshares, among other things.

Riku does the whole spellslinging red blue, but you can also splash green so you can do shit lIke tooth and nail twice to tutor out dead eye navigator, palinchron, kikijiki, and zealous conscripts. And have infinite attackers, mana, and steal the board.

Any advice, lads?

What do you mean degeneracy?
I'm knew to the mtg community.
I just like spell slinging like a madman.

For EDH I have no particular preference really.
Mainly play a Jenera voltron deck and a Daxos control deck.

More like i enjoy WINNING

Sounds like you need some R E D

No.
It's just that
A: Most of the Izzet commanders are the same. Even though they seem different most of them playout really close to the same.
B: They are prone to be infinite combo heavy which is mostly frowned upon
C: They are really well known so it's just an odd question

Am I degenerate if I just try to go for wacky expensive spells and HUEG fireballs as Mizzix?

Be a man and live on the edge. Build Dralnu.

UR usually plays all the mass land destruction and take an extra turn+counterspell spells

Play jhoira for extra salty eldrazi titans cheated into play on turn 3/4 then you win on turn 7/8

Hey as least you can get 4 games an hour

There's not really any dedicated WG enchantment related commander so your best bet is gonna be generic goodstuff WG commander and just build around enchantments. At that point you could probably dip into Abzan and get some of the BG and B enchantment stuff too. Anafenza is probably the best generic for that, then for straight WG you have a good selection of Sigarda, Sisay, Saffi, and Gaddock Teeg. I couldn't tell you which was the best. Sisay lets you get stuff like Serra's Sanctum, saffi abuses enchantment sac out lets, gaddock teeg just generally fucks people, sigarda is decent threat that takes well to auras.

Ohh okay.
I don't really like infinite combos either.
What about a toolbox sort of strategy with lots of decision making and planning ahead? I like decks that are hard to play efficiently. What colours/commanders do that well in commander?
(please be red)

>Gitgud toad
>grave pact effects
>bloodbriar
>corpsejack menace

>What do you mean degeneracy?
They tend to do things that make the game unfair or unfun and do it very efficiently.
Gaddok Teeg, Niv Mizzet, Derevi, Joira, Ghave, Scion of the Ur Dragon AKA Hermit Druid, Prossh, Karador, and Zur are probably the most notrious of the degenerate commanders.
Just look at how easy they combo or lock players out of the game.
Play what you want and what you like. But be prepared for whining and bitching from people.

Mazirek keeps it bouncing back know by cancelling it's -1counter, and it can keep your opponents stuff from, coming back.

Red Toolbox Commanders
Kiki-Jiki in Mono Red
Zedruu in Jeskai W/U/R
Ruric-Thar in R/G
Any Grixis U/B/R Commander

Red does not plan ahead. Note the lack of true card advantage in red.

That said, maybe Sedris would work for you. Kill or discard things early that you know will work better in your mid-late game. Bigass ETB effects and all that

Red does plan ahead.
They plan to spew their entire hand next turn.

Thanks everyone!

Eh, Most mono red doesn't have true card advantage.
But Kiki-Jiki and Daretti actually do.
Kiki-Jiki in combination with Magus of the Wheel, Solemn Simulacrum, Skullclamp, Humble Defector and ect can grant you sever card advantage.
Daretti can blow through all of the card draw artifacts. And if Kiki-Jiki and Daretti are in the same deck it's even more card advantage.
So while for most mono red commanders. That might be the case. But it's not for Kiki Jiki and/or Daretti.

what program do you guys use to fill out the chart? i need to install a program but know nothing about anything

I want to build a manly edh deck. What is the manliest deck? preferably tempo/midrange. sticky boards. white.

>What is the manliest deck?
Lovisa Coldeyes, ironically

She makes manly men even manlier and they can punch things right away

Zurgo Voltron

Just add swords and worldslayer
And mass land destruction.

you know what to do, user

>Blue
>manly

>Bant
>manly

>Regenerate like a bitch and not killing a motherfucker before it kills you
>manly

Zurgo really is like Conan the Deck

Holy shit my balls just dropped reading that card

Bant IS the most masculine color. The color combination of honor, dignity, and one-one combat.

>not an aura
>doesn't grant Indestructible
>radical fucking art
The art redeems it.

"On the field of honor, a soldier need have no fear."

Addendum:
Unless you are a bitchmade 2/2 that regenerates like a fucking queer.

not him, but could ya give me any advice on a Zurgo deck?

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/zurgos-one-man-army-1/

nigger what
bant knights literally ride fucking lions

jesus i wish this guy was better
i might just try and make him good honestly.
zurgo seems cool. might try this one out.
i like her too. the idea of a female barbarian queen leading a tribe of bandits is just enough to make my dick hard.