(competitive discussion)

Decklists:
>mtggoldfish.com/metagame/modern#paper

Primers:
>mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/modern

Kaladesh card image gallery (enemy fastlands):
>mythicspoiler.com/kld/index.html

Other urls found in this thread:

mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/modern/developing-competitive-modern/596576-abzan-liege-wilted-abzan-liege-rhino
mtgtop8.com/event?e=13124&d=276811&f=MO
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

How's my Sun Titan list?

Tiers are usage-based. A Tier 2 deck can be better than a Tier 1 deck in a specific metagame.

Any reason you're not running flags of trokair?

Hadn't thought of that
how many?
are you supposed to ghost quarter it?

Yeah, lets you turn ghost quarter into plains or a shockland. 4 is optimum, as there's next to no disadvantage to drawing multiples.

reposting my grixis shadow list from the last thread for the anons who wanted it.

#

creatures:
2 gurmag angler
4 street wraith
4 death's shadow
4 kiln fiend
spells:
2 mutagenic growth
4 gitaxian probe
3 thougtseize
4 stubborn denial
4 sleight of hand
3 lightning bolt
4 serum visions
2 dismember
4 temur battle rage
lands:
1 swamp
1 steam vents
1 blood crypt
2 watery grave
4 scalding tarn
4 polluted delta
3 bloodstained mire
sb:
1 thoughtseize
3 inquisition of kozilek
1 dispel
1 surgical extraction
3 young pyromancer
1 grafdigger's cage
1 spellskite
2 gut shot
2 grim lavamancer

That RUG Delver list that keeps getting posted here is hella fun and actually wins a lot for me.
Thanks to that user
>obligatory lmao Tarfire

Don't listen to this guy, you're playing Emeria. You can't afford non plains lands. You would have to cut plains for a marginal deck thinning benefit you already get with fetches. I used to play that deck all the time, its not great but it is a very carefully thought out synergistic pile. Don't listen to random people when they tell you to make changes, test them first and use your noggin.

>its not great
That's an understatement

It's not for thinning, it's for turning your ghost quarter into plains for emeria.

>thinning
Lol

>I'm retarded

Does Cheerios still suck?

You would have to cut plains. Its not worth it. Why do you think the deck runs gq? Most of the time youre using it to lock down manlands and keep tron off of tron. You dont have to make that card better, you can afford 10 non plains lands. You can't afford 14. UW Emeria has never played flagstones because the benefits dont outweigh the deckbuilding cost.

>Run 2 Flagstones of Trokair
>Now you can turn your 4 Ghost Quarters into Plains if you need to

Unless your opponent is destroying your plains there's no reason to run 1-3 flags instead of 4. Drawing multiples turns all but 1 into plains.

Oh right, I was still thinking of mutual annihilation for legendaries.

2 is worse than 4 dude. Have you played this deck? Do you understand how it works? You need actual plains in your deck, going below 7 basics is really bad.

Hi guys, so my cousin wants me to play magic, but I'm not sure whats the best way to get a decent deck. I got some sample decks from stores, and bought some of the Eldritch series booster packs, I read that things like fat packs aren't worth the investment, should I look into intro decks or deck builders? I'm trying to build a blue dark deck, but my current cards are kind of a mish mash a various things i got from the boosters.

>my cousin wants me to play magic
Then your cousin is an asshole. Magic these days is a terrible game. It's ridiculously expensive (Modern's best deck costs about $1500. For fucking trading cards), and not even an enjoyable game as a lot of the time in Modern at least, games can end the instant someone draws the right card.

Don't play Magic. Your cousin wants you to, but your cousin is an asshole and Veeky Forums wants to save you before you get into expensive trouble.

I've decided to convert one of my old standard decks (INN/RTR Fight Club) to something that's actually built for modern, names Monogreen Stompy.
One of Fight Club's biggest assets was Predator Ooze, which won you the game if your opponent didn't find one of the four or five answers that were available in that standard. When I was looking over some lists for ideas, I noticed that Predator Ooze didn't show up in any of them.
Is it too slow for modern? Am I just being silly in wanting to utilize it?

>Path to Exile
>Dismember
>Ignoring it and just fucking killing you

Welp, that user was right. Professor posted his pucatrade video. Hmm..

Good point. Out it goes, then.

>Three Green mana for a 1/1

Fampai you could spend that amount of mana on a T2 Infect kill

ok let's play guys

Kys you jaded faggot

play the Commander format

While you're tearing the confetti, I do absolutely nothing suspicious

nice

Rules question for you, since there isn't a more fitting thread for it right now.

I have a sparring collar attached to one of my guys (A). I attack with this guy and another one (B). During the first strike damage step, after A dealt its damages, I decide to move the collar to B with the {R}{R} ability.
Does B deal first strike damage, normal damages, or no damage at all? (since he was "too late" for the first strike step, but now having the ability he can't just deal damages during the regular damage step)

Where's the judge thread when you need it?

where is b/w tokens? 2.5?

Tier 3 or worse.

it used to be solid 1.5 or 2. What happened? did some quite often sideboarded tech come out that destroys it?

What happened to Hatebears?

>tfw hanging on to tier 2

>after the first strike step, can my creature deal damage in the first strike step?

That question was just incredibly dumb

Reminder that G/W/b aggro is a deck and is well suited for the meta right now.

List?

why is Noble Hierarch raising in price so much?

Because it's the best mana dork ever printed aside from drs

How is it better than birds?

>That question was just incredibly dumb
Good, because this is not the question.

exalted is strong as fuck

>Why is Death and Taxes the best deck?
>Why aren't you playing it?
Pic related, best waifu

Exalted. Also red and black don't really need the dorks

Because the deck is trash. Everyone thinks they're hot shit online with this deck and I never lose to it

mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/modern/developing-competitive-modern/596576-abzan-liege-wilted-abzan-liege-rhino

Can't even find a decent list rn. I would link mine but not on my pc. Super slept on.

Ah, well it still deals damage in the normal phase even if it got first strike after first strike damage, which creatures deal damage in the following damage step is decided before the step starts, to circumvent people removing first strike from their creature and having it effectively "gain" doublestrike as it would deal damage in both steps.

Could've just googled it though.

mtgtop8.com/event?e=13124&d=276811&f=MO

Thanks senpai.
So the collar can't function as a Horn of Deafening either, too bad.
>Could've just googled it though
I didn't really know how to word it, sorry.
Here have a cute statue as an apology.

I'm literally studying google-fu, so no problem

Voice of resurgence and its retarded price it's a bust for me.

Can you post it? I always forget to save it

(you)

I don't have the rule pulled up, but the creature just deals non first strike damage

>tfw buying merfolk

Soo, are any of the cards going to fall in price? MM 17 will do a shit job at reducing the prices but still, is there a chance that some of the cards will be reprinted?

>I don't like what you said about my shit tier deck so I'll just say you

Cavern will most probably be reprinted at rare, where it will drop to 30-40 at best.

Vial maybe.

Lord of Atlantis / Master of the Pearl Trident likely, but not both.

Cursecatcher likely.

The rest is up in the air. They won't reprint an entire deck in a set though.

Oh, I see. I've already started to buy vials but cavern of souls and cursecatcher are the ones I care about, dropping 60$ and 45$ for a land and a playset of uncommons is a bit much.

Spaghetti graph is spaghetti.
Added axes labels for the one user.
And to the other: Any deck with bolt is capable of turn 1 damage, so I leave it on.

Doing Grixis next. If anyone needs stats isolated just holla.

(you) mad bro?

This is pointless

Why would I be mad?
This your first day on the Internet? Ebin trole :^]

Both of you 12 year olds shut up. DnT is a meta deck . Unfortunately this meta is not kind to it

Thalia IS the best waifu though, there is NO competition in that field!

For what meta? A legacy meta with legacy cards maybe. Scapeshift is like it's only good matchup

Playing a deck that tries to hate on mana bases without actual land hate is retarded and the deck is laughably underpowered and inconsistent

Thalia is pretty good, but lilianna of the veil is worth consideration.

Best waifu is pic related.

I resend my comment. You are correct.

>resend
Illiterate retard

>not a woman you fucking faggot

See she kinda fucked bestwaifu back in OG Innistrad so I can never love her or show her the White affections a black-aligned self-loathing woman like her

I can get in and behind Saffi

another 3drop waifu

Is Blood moon still a thing to put in an affinity SB?

My list is the standard G.blast build with a 2/2 split of Etched and Master.

>he doesn't know the joy of voice

Art thou fucking retard?

Get bent you retard

>implying your waifu isn't Karn

Damage is dealt simultaneously so there is no point where Creature B is 'waiting' to do it.

Holy fuck you're an idiot. I know what Thalia does. Do you even know what other cards go in the deck or are you only here to be a pathetic waifufaggot?

Click clack the VOICE is coming out!

So, aside from being relatively dead on board until turn 3, and probably scooping to distress effects, what glaring issues would exist in a tron land based deck which only uses cheap (0 or 1 drop) artifacts and knowledge pool? Win condition would solely be whatever my opponent's packing.

I was considering it for a default-to modern deck, since it's essentially forced to scale to an environment which doesn't win before turn 3, so it's good for casual as well as somewhat competitive affairs.

Wow. This place is terrible

Is running no Flickerwisp truly correct?

How is Azorius Herald treating you?

I should really drop the Mortar Pod in my version for something else, I guess you really don't need it as a sac outlet.

Jumping on the hype combo train. Hows this looking?

//Artifact (13)
4 Altar of the Brood
2 Ensnaring Bridge
4 Liquimetal Coating
3 Mox Opal

//Artifact Creature (4)
4 Spellskite

//Artifact Land (4)
4 Darksteel Citadel

//Creature (3)
3 Simian Spirit Guide

//Enchantment (6)
2 Blood Moon
4 Oath of Nissa

//Instant (2)
2 Spell Pierce

//Planeswalker (6)
4 Dack Fayden
2 Tezzeret, Agent of Bolas

//Sorcery (8)
4 Ancient Stirrings
4 Serum Visions

//Land (14)
2 Breeding Pool
3 Copperline Gorge
2 Forest
2 Island
2 Misty Rainforest
1 Mountain
1 Steam Vents
1 Stomping Ground

SB: 1 Blood Moon
SB: 1 Ensnaring Bridge
SB: 1 Keranos, God of Storms
SB: 4 Leyline of Sanctity
SB: 4 Leyline of the Void
SB: 2 Nature's Claim
SB: 1 Negate
SB: 1 Pithing Needle

>dack
>modern
Are you the single most RETARDED MOTHERFUCKER ever alive?

>tfw I want to play UW heroic in modern but its no use because Bogles and Suicide Zoo does what it does 10x better

I just want to run Battlewise Hoplite and Hero of Iroas again ;-;

>1 moon
What's the point? At least 3 if you actually want to fuck someone with it

Looks solid, I notice you still keep Aetherbomb in the main, it does help out a lot game 1 vs quite a few decks .

Can anyone explain to me why Stonecloaker is in so many of these sideboards?

Oh that was my bad, the program I used didn't have the new walker in. Dack is suppose to be Saheeli Rai. I assume you already knew that.

I have 2 moons main and 1 in the board.

Oh and the coppers are suppose to be the new U/G fastland.

Man modern really reminds me of why I quit yugioh,
>too expensive
>games end on turn 4
>meta hovers around only 1 or 2 playstyles
>meta shifts too quickly
>ban lists can destroy a $1000 investment
>not fun

Fuck this, I'm selling out. I'll see you guys at pauper tuesdays

Should just play elemental shotgun, you're literally just diluting that deck.

will mox opal see another reprint in modern masters? they are relatively cheap right now but not actually need them despite really liking them but afraid that they will be used in a new artifact meme deck

I can get a playset of all the new fastlands for $100. Invest or wait and have them drop a couple more bucks each?

>>meta hovers around only 1 or 2 playstyles
>>meta shifts too quickly

Liliana, The Last Hope
>mfw is modern viable
So far grixis control is loving her at 2x

what the fuck are you doing?