Warhammer 40k General

Word Bearers Are Knocking on Your Edition

>Rules databases
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

>FAQ’s and Errata (outdated but official)
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s).
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

> The Black Library
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

Other urls found in this thread:

streumon-studio.com/?page=history
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Never getting an update for SoB

So, I've been tweaking an 1850 Black Crusade list for semi-competitive play, and have something like this. C&C?

==Black Crusade Detachment==
=Chaos Warband=
Note: Everything in this detachment has Veterans of the Long War for free (thanks to detachment bonuses), and Obsec (thanks to formation bonuses).
Chaos Lord w/ Mark of Nurgle, Bike, Power Axe, Sigil of Corruption - 140 [Warlord]
Chaos Sorcerer w/ Bike, Force Staff, ML 2, Spell Familiar - 120
5 Marines. Champion has Combimelta, 1 Marine has a Meltagun/BP/CCW, rest have BP/CCW - 97
-Rhino w/ Dozer Blade - 40
5 Marines. Champion has Combimelta, 1 Marine has a Meltagun/BP/CCW, rest have BP/CCW - 97
5 Chosen, 2 Plasma Guns - 120
5 Havocs, 2 Plasmaguns - 105
3 Bikers w/ 2 Bike-mounted Meltaguns - 90
3 Bikers w/ 2 Bike-mounted Meltaguns - 90
5 Havocs, 4 Autocannons - 115
5 Havocs, 4 Autocannons - 115
=Spawn Auxiliary=
2 Spawn w/ Mark of Nurgle: 72 points
2 Spawn w/ Mark of Nurgle: 72 points
==Allied Daemon Detachment==
=HQ=
Masque - 75
=Troops=
12 Pink Horrors - 108

Total Points: 1850

The Lord joins one unit of you-know-whats, and the Sorcerer joins the other unit of those that must not be named.

Horrors roll on Malefic. Sorcerer usually goes for Telepathy, but may do the AOD-copypaste powers on occasion.

One option I've contemplated is swapping out the Biker Meltaguns for Flamers, using the points to give my Lord and Sorcerer Gifts of Mutation, since they'd get the free second roll due to Favored Scions. On one hand, you can't have too many meltaguns. On the other hand, I like the option for 5e-style tactics of Tank Shocking units into flamerbait formation.

Does anyone have that rather lewd transcript of stupid, sexy Bel'akor and the source it came from? I've been searching all damned day and need it for reasons.

>Tau are a shooting army
>BS3

>markerlights

>5 havocs
>2 plasma guns
For what purpose?

I'm pretty sperg-ish when it comes to army design and I like taking units Double-Or-Nothing. (So I have the option to split the army into two "cohorts" if need be). So they're the "Double" to the 5 Chosen w/ 2 Plasma guns. Their purpose is "mid-range" plinking/an exclusion zone for enemy Deep Strikers.

>MC and tank units of 3 get +1 BS
>Optimized Stealth Cadre gets +1 BS basically all of the time
>Drone-Net VX1-0 gets +1 BS, and can be all Markerlight Drones
>and, of course, motherfucking Markerlights

I mean, I kinda like Tau, but don't be a retard. They're very good.

so I have Eldrad, 10 guardians, 5 wraithguard and a wraithknight.

what do I get next?

Ok boys I'm taking the plunge and getting some Dark Eldar. If I play mostly casual with Sms, Chaos, Nids, and Crons, how often should I expect to get tabled?

>SMs
100% of the time
>Chaos
If chaos daemons, regularly. If CSM, almost never.
>Nids
If flyrants, regularly; if not, rarely.
>Crons
Often.

Hardly ever, DE can be quite durable when playing casually. Now that might sound outrageous but if you roll your 3+ cover saves well, then you should very rarely get tabled.

Tell the Cron player not to bring ignores cover, that gets very, very ugly. - Cron player who did that, once.

Also see if you can get some restrictions on armies like no detachments and formations except combined arms detachments and no grav guns and no more than 1 Flyrant per 20/30 T 3 models.

The armies that regularly table are the meta armies and close combat armies. Close combat armies are very risky, they either pay off, you lose enough troops to no longer be a threat before you reach your enemy, or you get into CC with a satisfying amount of troops and wreck face. What this means is that you are going to get tabled a lot more often if you have a more aggressive list, which you really should not have. Grab objectives, you are going to be the fastest player at the table.

Could you guys recommend me some good books on the Dark Angels?

idk about reading books, but there is an audio book where the chapter master fights kharn

wave serpent, dire avengers, seer council, and more guardians

maybe it's me, but couldn't tau play well enough without their markerlights? casual or not they have a lot of tricks

Someone mind explaining how the Super-Heavy Tigershark only weighs 25 tons?

1 tonne = 100 tons

i could tell you, but why do you need to know guardsman?

Reminder that there is absolutely no good reason for Genestealer cults not to be battle brothers with nids.

Alright boys, lets see what stupid combos you can make for fun times. Not necessarily competitive options, but stupidly complicated or absolute madmen ideas.

Here's mine: 2k eldar gunline fuckery

Aspect host formation
+1 BS
3x dark reapers with exarch units bare bones

CAD:
Farseer with spear, spirit stone
2x bare rangers
Wraithknight with glaive/shield, 2 starcannons
Plasma obliterator with tanglewire

2x matching CAD:
Farseer with spear
2x bare rangers
Plasma obliterator with tanglewire

Farseers and reapers go into the obliterators, exarchs shoot obliterators twice from fast shot, ignoring jink saves from rangefinders. Farseers can't buff while inside, but can soak extra random wounds from plasma overheat.

Tanglewire offers 4+ total cover to rangers.

Play gunline and hope you kill the enemy before they knock out your big guns.

Stupid xenos tech.

>Orks are a melee race!
>I2

Hm.

I see what you mean, but I'd still advise against it. Just two plasma guns isn't going to be nearly enough, and really wastes the potential of the unit. I'd give them four, personally, because otherwise your guys don't have a chance of actually doing major damage to a unit that plasma is designed to kill (2+ save units).

Bolt pistol and CCW is shit, CCWs in general are shit. Dozer blades are not worth it on all Rhinos, get it on one or two and skip it on the rest.

Get melta bombs on the bikes, unless people only play MCs in your meta. Get MoN on the bikes if you play in a meta that is not saturated with grav, melta, plasma, poison or scatter lasers.

Why 2 units of 2 spawn instead of 4 units of 1 or 1 unit of 4?

The Masque seems nice with Rhinos flat-outing to protect it, have you tried that out previously?

Would this have helped orks?

>Is a min 720 point investment on fucking BOYS gonna help

No.

I just got Eternal Crusade, would anyone like me to use their referral code?

How many of these do you have?

With all possible upgrades thats like 2000 points free

Lads, could you make a functional list out of this?

2 Chaos lords in power armour
30 CSM
4 Bikes
5 Termies

2000 points of trash

>under license to Fantasy Flight Games
It hurts.

>board now has sticky telling quests to go to quest
>I got banned for 3 days for 'spamming' when I told a quest thread about a month ago why they are there

Okay?

Also, are these BA models new? They look like they're specific BA 'designs'.

>no DC Terminators

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

2000 points of useless crap.

They're boys, worst unit in the game after Nobs.

Better than "S3 hammer of wrath but ONLY if you roll a 10+ on the charge, cant have you killing too many marines :^)"

Add 3 heldrakes.

>worst unit in the game

Ripper Swarms. Pyrovores.

Yes it would, even if the Mek and Gretchin are tax units, you are going to be paying very little for the individual boy in units of 30 with boss w. boss pole and klaw. Normally around 220 pts, would instead be 120 pts. 4 pt Orks would be good Orks. Try and play a game against an opponent using 20% extra points, it can be felt quite easily, let alone another 90%.

>180 4+ save boyz with nobz, rokkits and PK, and 6 trukks with all upgrades for 720 points is bad

fucking ork players

>Claiming to be a melee race
>Every unit has a gun

Chaos furies

T3 W1 5++ ld2

weakest unit in the daemon book, but they have uses

Trukks aren't upgrades,

4+ means fuck all (I bet you think SM 3+ is godlike)

Nobz and PKs are shit.

Yea, fair enough. Hard to find much worse than that.

How is a dedicated transport not considered an upgrade?

They're pseudo-fearless and are the cheapest auxiliary to unlock Incursion bonuses.

Not the best, but okay.

>The abs and hips on the one on the left

You are a fucking idiot if you think 4+ does not mean anything in a game where AP 5 is the norm. The only reason why it would be not so hot right now is because of grav.

If you throw in a free transport that isn't a Trukk.

The Trukk as a transport is kinda past it's time I feel.

>where AP 5 is the norm
>where AP 5 is the norm
>where AP 5 is the norm
>where AP 5 is the norm

How is it?

I believe "all options are free" would have been better as the only time "upgrade" is used for Boyz in the Ork Codex is the option to upgrade a Boy into a Nob.

1 tonne = 1000 kilograms
1 short ton = 2000 pounds
1 long ton = 2240 pounds

Would update the power axe for a power fist.
In my experience melee-CSM will never make it into melee against stuff they can overcome.
Dirge casters on all Rhinos, especially if you o melee.
I would increase the biker group to one bigger, and the spawn as well, otherwise the little groups get focused first and leave the expensive stuff out in the open.

With CSM its a bad idea, as you do not have the mobility to correct deployment errors and in your case it has lead to small (2-Spawn+IC) groups that are easily the most dangerous target as your meltagun-rhinotrain needs to get into range so it wont have an effect early in the game.

I went to a local store after years of not playing and ran into the one cool dude from another store I knew that was super competitive. No one else in the store knows who I am and treats me like a new player since only the older guys even knew that there once was a 5ed. All these children wanting me to join some league at the store for new players at 500 points and buy one of the Star Collecting! boxes. Absolutely disgusting. So I told the guy I knew to bring his most brutal cheese list because I wouldn't expect anything less as to learn the new rules of 7e. Pic related is his ITC 1850 list. This is what I would be running. Any tips would be helpful.

“Astra Militarum?” 1835pts

[HQ 1]

Company Command Squad (99)
>Officer of the Fleet
>vox
>2 Sniper Rifles
>plasma gun

Primaris Psyker lvl2 (75)

Ministorum Priest x2 (50)

[Troops 4]

Infantry Platoon
Platoon Command Squad (50)
>vox
>3 Grenade Launchers

Infantry Squad (65)
>vox
>flamer
Infantry Squad (60)
>flamer

Heavy Weapons Squad (105)
>3 lascannons

Heavy Weapons Squad (75)
>3 Autocannons

Heavy Weapons Squad (75)
>3 Autocannons

Heavy Weapons Squad (75)
>3 Autocannons

Vets (160)
>Chimera
>2Meltas
>Grenadiers
>Shotguns

Vets (160)
>Chimera
>2Meltas
>Grenadiers
>Shotguns

Vets (160)
>Chimera
>2 melta
>Grenadiers

[Fast Attack 3]

Hellhound (125)
Hellhound (125)
Hellhound (125)

[Heavy 2]

Basilisk (125)
Basilisk (125)

functional as in legal? Yes
Functional as in worth playing: no.
What equipment do the units have?

>16 infantry
>And a WraithKnight

You're a monster.
You're also not in force compliance to field it all.

>Fluff
Eldrad is with Ulthwe, who have shit tons of Guardians and Psykers.
10 more Guardians
2 Warlocks
1 Viper and/or War Walker

Warlocks with Guardians, have them advance quickly and deal surprising damage in lower point games. You may want to give each one a heavy weapon to increase their killyness.
Keep Eldrad with the Wraithguard, so the majority toughness is 6, and use the warp charges from the warlocks to get absolutely silly.
Viper or War Walker goes somewhere fast and shoots lots.
Wraithknight continues to lose you friends.

>Full WAAC
10 more Guardians
2 Warlocks
2 Wave Serpents
1 Fire Prism

Same general strategy as above, but the Guardians are safe in the wave serpents, which also have lots of Dakka. Blow their shield on the first target you can if the opponent has shooters over S6.
Fire Prism is just basic long-ranged firepower. Be wary of deep-strikes, and it will delete blobs every turn.

Is it possible for Chaos to run a full Termies list? A Chaos deathwing if you will.

Tips for that?
Against a 900pts titan?
Dont bother unpacking

Chaos got a Chaos Terminator Annihilation formation.

Just spam that a couple times

all termies?`CSM?

WhyWouldYouDoThat?
Its possible, run multiples of that termi-formation. You will need multiple lords/sorcs in termiarmor for that but its possible.

nice models

>'Eavy Armor
120 pts
>10 free Boys
60 pts
>Free Nob
10 pts
>Free Klaw and Bosspole
30 pts
>Potential Shootas and Big Shootas/Rokkit Launchas and Kombi-Skorcha
47 pts

267 free points per unit of boyz
On 6 units.

>Would 1602 points over the limit have helped Orks?
I fucking wonder.

Yes, some armies can pull shit like this, but that doesn't make it fun, fair, or right.

Because I like the idea of an all Termie army?

Taking some Lords isn't a problem.

Sure, use mine. Message me on Steam: Darklady2831

Any hype for Space Hulk: Deathwing?

>180 boys trying to footslog up the field

Its useless.

>Pre-order

No

>sniper rifles
>grenade launchers
>flamers
>voxes
>grenadiers
>hellhounds

Better than Deldar's 5+

And even with all those free upgrades the boyz would still not even be worth the 180 points

Field a Pale Court Warhost so you can get 1 weapon platform for every 5 guardians.

So youre not hyped for any game ever?

You know, since there isnt a single videogame made in the past 10 years that hasnt had a pre-order.

Why should my rules be fun, fair and right when nobody elses are?

No. Made by a no-name developer who's first project was a shitty 5/10 mod for HL1. Then at died because the talent left to proper studios. Then E.Y.E which only got funded fully by one guy, which was 6/10 at best, even if you ignore the poor everything.

Then the fact that at E3 they lost key members of the team for unmentioned reasons. Then the gameplay video they finally released was poor.

It's Vermintide: 40k edition.

>mocking the hellhound
rude

inferno cannon gets work done

No one has explained to me how these suck dick now.

>reading Beast Arises
>remember that Thorpe made mention of a 'rare' Titan called Punisher-Class
>was essentially the Tripods from War of the Worlds in description

Model WHEN?

suddenly i'm tempted to start a guardian heavy eldar army (possibly get some wraiths to alternate each game as a show of losses/dead)

Slowly getting back into the hobby after a 10 year hiatus and I'm thinking about picking up the Skitarii starter box but I was wondering shouldn't they be a bit more grotesque?considering that they are essentially cyborgs with little consideration for aesthetics I was expecting to see them with bits of skin hanging off and wires stuck into swollen lumps of flesh etc or has GW moved away from the Blanche-era of boils, guts and flying skulls?

>implying grenade launchers or sniper rifles were ever good

They're only 120 points.
Footslog? Son, with that much dakka and armor, they could outshoot Fire Warriors, point for point.
>Both wound on 3+, save on 4+
>1 less BS
>But also twice the number of shots and bodies
>And also if they feel like it, they can charge and eat anything with AV10, or that can be wounded by S4
The difference in range is the only issue, but if you're playing against a gunline army with no terrain or shot blockers, you are already doing it wrong.

Yes. Their fucking website.

streumon-studio.com/?page=history

Angels of Darkness
Lords of Caliban
The Legacy of Caliban trilogy

>"shot blockers" for 30-man footslogging blobs
those kind of don't exist

My Imperial Fists got tabled by 4 Imperial Knights, but on the other hand, a local guy has some sweet Thousand Sons.
(Trying to mask my disappointment at such scrubbery.)

I can see in the mega there is the Wulfen edition of the Space Wolf Codex. Did anyone ever put the Daemonic Incursion edition codex up for dl? Or did no-one care that much about it?

Is that one of the Age of Darkness era machines?

Also, now that I think about it, is it possible that the Men of Iron could have had Titan sized variants?

Grenade launchers were great in blob during 5th.

This made me bust a gut. Nice one, user

I love how baffled they look, they're all looking in random directions and their bad eye painting makes them look sad.

Can you take Lictors in Kill Team?

Nice to know they share my feelings.

Doesn't mention. Just says it's a rare variant.

>Cheap fearless jump chaff

This is meant to be bad? Hell, throw mark of Slaanesh on a minimum unit and you make them even quicker and add rending, making them just barely enough of a threat to whatever they're about to charge to need adressing.

guardians suck to trim and assemble

they're one of the first plastic infantry kits iirc

Looking to loot a couple things for orkish purposes.

Any good sources of bits for these conversions?

i've finished 2 exalted seeker chariots, 2 metal keepers of secrets, and malifaux plastics ; i have prepared myself mentally for anything now