Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Friendly reminder to tell us what 3pp your game allows if you need character building help.

How does it feel to know that H.P. Lovecraft is "officially" a kitsune?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/iYhDNSTq

Psionics Augmented: Psychic Warriors playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1dX4UYdtwTQKhY71Q45IHLtcu193zq1ZO5jHQ5_PnTl8/edit

Bloodforge: Infusions playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1GvwMclLSw15slYI7D5xLdjMzr-Nau92hNha9Sx0LOk4/edit

Legendary Vigilantes playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1Hrk1hl8uXVHazaiPOCvWsFUHX3PB6fQVd13tzguJTgE/edit

Old thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

sli.mg/a/kikYv2
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

How would anyone play a character who is permanently in gaseous form?

Live in a balloon

>How does it feel to know that H.P. Lovecraft is "officially" a kitsune?
Explain

Very carefully. Avoid areas with high winds.

Today, i learnt why using sleeping characters in an ambush as an improvised bludgeoning weapon is a bad idea.

Alex "Totally Not a Furry, Guys, I Swear" Augunas put out a new book for the RH Occultist. Guess what one of the vestiges is.

sli.mg/a/kikYv2
Updated album.

A brave (perhaps foolhardy) user purchased a copy of the Grimoire of Lost Souls, a 3pp book about binders written by Alex Augunas, and shared it with /pfg/. It contained many horrifying and blatantly sexual (if not outright fetishistic) pact entries-it also had one about a kitsune whose mind got stolen by some otherworldly entity, which is what OP is referring to.

Now you know as much as we do.

N'th for "How do I Warsighted Oracle? What's the TL;DR for the simplest ways to use Martial Flexibility?" and "With mostly just 1pp, and passing over Paladin/AntiPaladin, what are fun gestalts for a Strength Oracle that's taking a Mystery to get Cha to AC/Reflex/CMD?"

Why exactly you thought that doing that was* a good idea at the time ?

H.P. Lovecraft did not have his mind stolen, he was writing based off the Necronomicon, which was written by the Mad Arab Abdul Alhazred.

Is it because of the -4 penalty to your to-hit value?

So Veeky Forums, how do I help out a friend that wants to play but doesn't give a fuck about the game the second the encounter is over?

He enjoys combat and enjoys playing the game with us, but will do nothing on his down time to look at anything in the game. He is currently playing a sorcerer and I'm trying to help him by giving him 4-5 spells he would learn each time he gets a new slot, but he has yet to use any of the spells he has picked.

He is currently level 6, picked up Blur, Glitter dust, and Fractions of Heal and Harm for his second/third level spells, but only keeps picking his blasting spells from level 1 that he knows. He keeps picking up utility and then never using it or never needing it.

I don't want to say "fuck you, you are taking this spell", but he is taking spells that he never uses and using only grease and blasting magic.

If he only knows combat, either force him into combat scenarios that invalidate his normal stratagem (such as enemies immune to trip/grease or with the right energy resistances, or force him to engage in and deal with non-combat encounters that require utility magic.

Basically, force him out of his comfort zone where he has no choice but to adapt to survive.

Didn't say he did-apparently some kitsune wrote a story about it based on some journal that kitsune occult scholars like to talk about. Hence, kitsune Lovecraft.

I'm not the DM, just trying to help him out since he shows interest, just nothing past what happens at the table.

Or if he has fun blasting shit, just give him some more blasting spells or metamagic feats so he can blast better. I mean, fuck, why isn't he allowed to have fun too?

Because he doesn't choose blasting spells.

I gave him the option of Haste, Firestream, Fireball, Ice Spears, Silver Darts, and a few other damaging level three spells. The DM mentioned Fractions as a silly off-hand joke. He took Fractions.

The problem is he likes blasting, but isn't picking up blasting spells when presented to him.

>Lore Oracle/Paladin with bow and Child curse

Would you?

Which Witch Patron and Oracle Curse is the best for the new pact wizard from Haunted Heroes?

Healing (since Wizard don't get most of the spell in that patron)

Maybe Lame curse so I can spam Academae Graduate?

That small child is wielding the Starbow, a weapon Arueshalae uses and only gives to someone she deeply trusts.

>Starting a combat focused campaign
>Party already has all the casters it needs (the dm will allow)
>dm known for going overboard with the difficulty, party often unwilling to run
>Not sure what I want to play yet

Any classes stand out in terms of general surviviability in combat? All official content is a go, 3rd party stuff is greenlit case by case.

Vitalist?

Starting level?

So on top of being a bloated mess of books and classes it's reduced to not even hiding the authors various fetishes?

Starting level 3

Haven't played a Psion before, I'll look into it

>dm known for going overboard with the difficulty, party often unwilling to run
That sounds familiar.

Stuff by DreamScarred Press is always fun. Psionics and Path of War.

Zweihander Warder archetype for Path of War is the most broken martial class in the game according to Veeky Forums.

Aegis is a fun martial class. You get a lot of passive bonuses like the Fighter, but you take them as part of a suit of armor. You can change in an instant between super defense (extra Dex for dodge AC, DR/-, Energy Resistance), utility (having a backpack someone else can ride in, flying, climbing, underwater), and offense (~4 sizes up, +6 str, +5ft reach that stacks with size bonuses, dual wielding two handed weapons)

I'd say Merciful would work for Acadamae Graduate as well, although it would eat some actions to get rid of the fatigue, it would also give you straight healing you wouldn't otherwise be able to get.

Why do people get butthurt about the Zweihander Sentinel when they, in the same breath, casually suck the Aegis's ectoplasmic dick?

I'm just saying. Immortal loli paladin with huge charisma.

Well, in terms of 1pp, paladins can be pretty hard to kill. Good saves, several immunities, and Lay on Hands, plus you have Smite to tear bad guys apart. An Invulnerable Rager barbarian gets DR equal to half your level-add in the various Superstition powers, and you've got a very angry man who just won't die.

For Paizo content. Paladin or Warpriest have swift action self healing ability.

I was not trying to be smug or smart there. Zwei Warder is largely considered the best Martial Class here.

Looking at patrons, Shadow would give you insane utility, while Time has a very solid selection of spells.

Loli should not have large charismas, it's not right.

All Shadow X spell are already on Wizard list though. The patron is good for witch, but kinda meh on Wizard

The largest!

What's wrong, user, does that intimidate you?

It's popular, but I honestly don't think Zweihander Sentinel is the best by a large margin.

Warlords are superior if you want pure offense
So are Mystics.

>Witch Patrons
Healing - gives you access to the Restoration spell line, which can be very useful and isn't something Wizards normally have access to.

Strength gives Divine Favor, Divine Power and other spells for boosting your physical characteristics. You pry won't want to get into melee range anyway, but it's not bad for boosting dexterity and such so you can hit with your ranged attacks.

Mind can give you access to a bunch of Psychic spells, and they tend not to be terrible. I'd say it's a fair pick.

Devotion isn't very good at low levels but has some decent high level spells (bestow grace of the champion, holy aura and mass heal).

For Curses, Wasting is always a decent pick. Legalistic has some nice synergy with the Planar Binding spells. Infested Goblin is awesome if you're playing a Goblin wizard. If 3pp Curses are allowed, Feral is cool. Forsaken is probably the best one (automatic raise dead if you die after level 10).

They'll attract all sorts of attention! Huge charisma lolis will be turning heads wherever they go!

It's more like people moan whenever the ZweiSent gets mentioned or praised, but in the same thread you get people casually gushing over the Aegis and how it's the perfect class for basically any build.

Oh devotion could be fun!

Sounds great. My vigilante battlemaid will select your hugely charismatic loli paladin as her target for Companion to the Lonely.

oppai lolis?

Breasts are best.

Though big thick butts are better.

And if you combine them
you get shortstacks?

No, the GM already let me take catch off guard (he also ruled that any magic enchantments to unarmed attacks also apply to improv weapons). It's just that i did to the poor sleeping magus 18 damage when i missed the giant porcupine dog and hit the floor.

In my defense, ha had failed 4 rolls in a row to wake up. Might as well make him useful.

I guess, but I've been very, very tired of short stacks recently.

Girls with big booties and boobs just sound better, especially if they're older.

Wouldn't the poor sleeping magus have been even more hurt if you had slammed him into the giant porcupine dog?

Are there any other classes or archetypes besides this one that get Oracle Curses?

>He doesn't indulge the GM's magical realm

Magical realm is a fetish you don't want to indulge.

But I get what you're saying, and oddly enough I agree; once in a while I'm fine with giving the DM a little tug under the table, even if I'm not really into it. He or she deserves that much sometimes, and it just means they'll go down on me later.

I was a brawler, and i didn't want to take 4d4 bleed damage every time i attacked them with an unarmed strike.

Your Paladin is sent on a mission of utmost secrecy. How does your character behave and interact with the party?

IIRC there's a beguiler archetype that takes the clouded vision curse.

So ara~ara~ is what you're going for.

>monsters with swallow whole
>gm starts going into detail about it
>too much detail

Not even, I'm talking a straight up older, unmarried woman who may or may not have kids. None of that motherly personality or refined noble-lady or even perverted crib-robber schtick, just a career soldier/priestess that every now and then likes getting her thick ass used by someone close to or her own age.

Just been something I'm really into this past week, older chicks that don't fit the traditional /ss/ or MILF mold.

Cleric/Druid hybrid class.

Y/N?

What I'm reading here is "realistic adult woman".

Prime taste, friend.

For what fucking purpose? They already have enough overlap as-is, and we really don't need another arcanist.

but why

That is too normal my friend

>When user's fetish is 'average college age female'

As normal, deflecting or dodging questions about any activities he performs in pursuit of his task.

If pressed, the easiest response is the truth: "I'm on a mission from God."

Then he'll put on his sunglasses, straighten his tie, and rev the engine of his Dodge Monaco before speeding off to save the world.

How would one go about fixing the Corruption rules?

To be fair, we're so saturated with certain archetypes online that "normal mature Western woman" is kind of refreshing.

So I'm planning on rolling a synth summoner for the first time because it sounds cool. I've been wondering though about how exactly that sort of character looks. Traditionally the summoner and his eidolon are just a dude and his weird pet creature. However the fluff for synth describes the eidolon as "translucent armour".

So is this similar to a stand, or could it be roleplayed as something akin to a symboite like venom, that when is summoned, becomes a physical extension of the summoner? I mean, I'm sure the DM would be cool with either because they're chill, but idk what the general thought is.

Don't make them NPCify anyone who starts taking them, and don't make them shit to take.

That should tell you something about your life, or at least about the way you spend your time.

I'm saying go socialize with the real world, it's a riot of insanity that the internet couldn't hope to replicate.

AFAIK its symbiote like venom.
Although you should totally play it as a stand.

Arcanist wasn't enough.

Agreed; NPCification makes absolutely no sense
And by 'not shit to take', do you mean make them less punishing?

A decent example might be the aegis artwork from UltPsi, though that is also a goblin.

Venom/Carnage are decent working points as well, though I wouldn't be surprised if someone in, say, Iron Gods wanted their armor to look like a suit of MJOLNIR from the Halo series.

Pretty much what said - don't make them turn PCs into NPCs. That was the first rule we took out in my campaign.

I'm going to get a Living Legend Soulknife as a cohort, and this shit seems awesome, but what kind of feats should i take? I've got straight up no idea where to even start. The soulknife in question is an Intknife, with a good Dex and Con score, and an int score of 25.

I'm pretty sure the main thing needed is increasing the damage.

>Implying I'm a shut-in

It's less a case of "I never get this in my day-to-day" and more "when I'm online it's kind of fun to see something I experience get used."

Nope, that drawback was (quite fairly IMO) removed from the scarred mourner.

Well, what bladeskills does it have? If you feel like you're missing out on one, you can nab Extra Bladeskill for it. Don't forget the Psionics Augmented series on soulknives.

Fair enough. I'm sort of a shut-in so it gets projected.

Hey Occultistfag, if you're still around can you post caps of the Occult Scholar archetype? I'm using it in a game right now and I want to see the changes.

This is what they canon, resemble.

its only level 3, with a blade skill of Focused Offense, since it probably couldn't hit anything. (Im taking the Cohort feat, and later retraining it into a Leadership feat.)
Even so, im not sure what extra bladeskill i should take. I don't really think its missing out on a bladeskill though.

No, use the versions made by the better artist!

I also highly recommend the Psionics Augmented Series.

>quadruped synth eidolon
>human summoner
Is.. That allowed? I thought you had to have all the limbs that your synth had. I suppose a human can sorta run on all fours though.

Whatever gave you that idea?

If I'm 11th level and can only use 1PP material, what's the best build for a guy who focuses on single-target buffs and debuffs? I was thinking of a Curse-oriented Oracle, but I'm not sure.

For reference, the guy I'm trying to buff is a Warpriest, and the other party members are a Druid and a Sorcerer. I don't know what any of their combat styles are specifically, but we'll just assume they use very generic strategies.

>For reference, the guy I'm trying to buff is a Warpriest, and the other party members are a Druid and a Sorcerer. I don't know what any of their combat styles are specifically, but we'll just assume they use very generic strategies.

>Warpriest, Druid, Sorcerer and maybe Oracle
>Four caster classes

I've always thought it was silly how people act surprised when they hear I prefer playing martial classes, and appreciate a martial's presence even if it feels like they go without saying.

And then I see a post like this and get reminded people don't play martials as often as they should.

Because pure martials rarely get fun toys in 1pp material.

Well, the Warpriest isn't a very good class, even if he is a martial. I was thinking I could help him out.

Also this , I'd have made a Warlord if I could.

They get enough to get by, and it's not like you can't just have a nifty fun character through roleplay and the campaign itself.

Play martials with small amount of magic for best of both worlds
Warpriest, Bloodrager, Hunter/Ranger, they are all fun.

Probably because 1pp martials are a pain in the ass to make useful if you want to do anything other than hit things in combat. You can still enjoy them, but they're much harder since you're fighting against mechanics.

On that note user, how would it make you feel that my currant group is a Summoner, Alchemist, and Inquisitor? The alchemist also bought into the Promethean/Preservationist memebuild

Cyclopean Seer Oracle, use Doomsaying on anything that's remotely threatening until your GM makes every enemy immune to curses out of spite.

>even if he is a martial
a caster.

Brain pls.