/HHG/ The Horus Heresy General

"Never go full Slaanesh" Edition

"Wonderful folks at 30k assylum" Sub-edition

We didn't know how that first post would be prophetical. >Forget the power of kitbashing and airbrushing, for so much has been forgotten, never to be re-learned. Forget the promise of progress and tactica, for in the grim dark future there is only Lust. There is no peace among the threads, only an eternity of depravity, kinks, and the fetishes of thirsting anons.

Red Book Links:
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww2.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2Fs15Jqk1t%2Ffile.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23!Jx1UGCTI!vMJN89z7p8tiEC7YOAj477g6RxDtJ7culVLF3q3godg
HH Book 6 - Retribution PDF:
mediafire.com/download/8aqx9j3a8erqv8d/The_Horus_Heresy_Book_6_-_Retribution.pdf or
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fkat.cr%2Fthe-horus-heresy-book-6-retribution-pdf-t12199249.html
HHG FAQ - pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8
Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016) - forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf
Other official downloads: forgeworld.co.uk/Downloads#horusheresy
HH Rules:
Crusade Army List: mediafire.com/download/1lprm5vd99yafa3/
Mechanicum Taghmata Army List: mega.nz/#!LFwTjQ7B!mF0eVOY8P1MPT0a-QSXypXo_ZfskhYynD41PrkaTbD8
30k/40k Rules: mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ!EVh0GZZS
30k/40k Rules and more (torrents): mega.nz/#F!0RlxDZQC!qAu9BaubWa3KeihJRmOcsg
Crusade Imperialis epub:
mediafire.com/download/meqp1hn5sa3d6gt/The_Horus_Heresy_–_Crusade_Imperialis_-_Army_Lists.epub
Strawpoll links: strawpoll.me/10558764
www.strawpoll.me/10663447

Other urls found in this thread:

drive.google.com/file/d/0Bx9WY96T_EWDdUF5WGNKZXdFU28/view?usp=sharing
drive.google.com/file/d/0Bx9WY96T_EWDYUVBck8xeU1aYUU/view?usp=sharing
mediafire.com/?f0c2pnieoijyrqk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

So, boys, let's try being less /d/ this time. How are your models looking? Any games coming up? Thinking about starting a second army, or adding something new to your current one?

The user who's painting his Mechanicum in these colors. Have you made any progress?

I'm considering selling off my Alpha Legion, as I don't really have the drive to work on or complete them, but I've been powering through painting Word Bearers. I'm the cultist spammer from the last thread.

I have a stupid list for my Alpha legion, containing all the stupid units I want in order to try out dumb strategies, and I can't begin to start another HH army till I'm done with that.

Do daemons count as Fellow Warriors, Battle Brothers, Distrusted Allies or By The Emperor's Command? Can't find anything on the matter, except that if using the Dark Brethren RoW in your primary detachment, they're Battle Brothers. If you're not using the RoW or it's not in your primary detachment, there's no info that I can find regarding what level of ally daemons count as.

Nobody knows, user! Better ask FW on that one.

Is the new legion army list in the copypasta at the top of the thread?

Anyone have experience with Knight Errants? Malcador's chosen, not the mechs.

Final time asking, I promise.

Sorry, user. I can't even find another 30k player, never mind a Knight Errant user.

email forgeworld, if you're with friends just home rule them as allies. and if with others ask the store owner

>All the primarchs are teenage girls.
>Be dating Lorgarina.
>End up fucking Gullimina in teacher's lounge while the Empress is watching
>Lorgarina walks in.

And such, the fall of the Word Bearers started.

fuck alpha Legion, i've tried writing an infantry heavy list for months, cant be done

I believe that, Slaanesh. Though, sounds pretty true as well, with Fem Magnus watching to try and learn about sex and getting turned on by it.

>try to be less /d/
Aww, but it's fun! 'Tis why I am a Child of the Emperor, after all. :^)

fucking weirdo

HOTPOCKETS, A MOMENT OF LAXITY SPAWNS A THREADFULL OF HERESY

Stop responding to my old com-- I mean, quiet with you!

Y'know, I still can't find a good pdf of Sixteen Hours. The last time one was posted it was a really bad handtyped looking one, with obvious spelling and grammar errors everywhere.

Building a Glaive at the moment but problem is my Night Lords are all tooled up for orbital/drop assaults with fliers and fast shit so it won't fit in the army at all. So question is what do I do with it once its done? what other legion would it fit into or should I put it aside for possible thousand sons soon?

>tfw can't find the pic of Femperor
It's a nice pic too.

Almost every loyalist legion wouldnt look too weird with a glaive except maybe RG and WS. On traitors SoH, EC, WB would be right, maybe IW and DG as well, but those two would be more likely to use a typhon or baneblade.

I'm still not sure if I should add graviton gun-multi melta landspeeders (because they look cool) and graviton cannon rapiers (because they look cool) to my Alpha Legion.

Downing all the spammed vehicles is a struggle but so far it appears that what I already have for anti-vehicle can (just about) manage it, so I'm worried it would be overkill in that department.

Get more terrain, don't fight on bowling greens and car parks

Help kind anons, it's kinda getting old having to write lists with some shorthand notes on the changes

Would /ss/ Emperor do?

This always gets me. Why don't LGS's get more line of sight blocking terrain in their stores?

Not that one, user. I'm talking about cute/sexy Femperor.

Costs them money and prolongs the games.

I think this has gone on long enough.

I make a point of collecting LOS terrain for my tables at home and my local club does mostly as well. Whats the point of putting down terrain if it does nothing to the gameplay! So many events does this as well and it saddens me.

>B-but then how am I going to bring P-predators as troops, user-kun!

Do we have a higher quality scan of the Taghmata red book?

ENOUGH

one weapon, power of the machine spirit, no sponsens, final destination.

Damn I'd love to play that field. All anyone wants to play is flat surface where I'm at. My SoH and IF demand it, tired of bringing fortifications with me.

Kek.

I'm thinking of buying infinity terrain just to carry around with me to play 40k on.

Were there Terran Justaerin?

While we're on the Sons of Horus, could there be Terran "true sons" too?

anyone got the vanilla legion list, as the ones in the OP are out of date

Just the fancy physical one.

Don't see why not; their leader before Kibre was called Janipur which is an Indian sounding name
Sure; it has to do with geneseed; not Cthonia

?
if you do have it (most recent one with the cortus eg) could you scan it please
I raise you the latest white dwarf

I would if I had a scanner. Sorry, user.

I have a PDF and EPUB of it, but don't know where to upload it to so others can get it

don't worry
upload it to mega or googledrives, or just attach the pdf file to a Veeky Forums post, although there might be a size limit for pdfs like there is for web.ms

Others can get it from google drive ? Alright, here it goes

drive.google.com/file/d/0Bx9WY96T_EWDdUF5WGNKZXdFU28/view?usp=sharing

thanks for the effort but I meant the legion book as in the one that lists units that all legions can take, not their unique units

>You'll never make sweet tender love to Morticia after a fun date at the arcade.
>You'll never have her lovingly stroke your chest while she lights a cigarette.

>You'll never find her on the ground broken and crying after being bullied by her sisters

crusade army list would be a better description

the only legion specific things in the book is Rites of War at the end

Whoops, my error. Selected the wrong file. Take two ! (I've never done this before. Don't take that out of context ! Bad Anons, bad !)

drive.google.com/file/d/0Bx9WY96T_EWDYUVBck8xeU1aYUU/view?usp=sharing

>>lights a cigarette
DROPPED

Here.

mediafire.com/?f0c2pnieoijyrqk

>Not believing in fixer-upper primfus

i,m sorry user

thank you man
Your kindness would make scanon proud

It's a bad feel. I have a pretty decent understanding of list making, but actually play testing my lists would help me find any glaring flaws they may have.

Dark Compliance Army, Word Bearers – 3000 Points

Provenances: Feral Warriors, Tainted Flesh – 70 Points

HQ: Legion Praetor, Master-Crafted Paragon Blade – 140 Points
Legion Chaplain – 85 Points
Force Commander, Power Armour – 60 Points
Elites: Gal Vorbak, 10X Brethren, 3X Power Mauls, Artificer Armour – 390 Points
Legion Contemptor Mortis, 2X Kheres – 180 Points
Legion Veteran Squad, 10X Vets, 2X Heavy Bolters – 200 Points
Legion Terminators, 5X Cataphractii, 5X Power Axes, Reaper Autocannon – 215 Points

Troops: Levy Squad, 50X Auxiliaries – 90 Points
Levy Squad, 50X Auxiliaries – 90 Points
Legion Tactical Squad, 10X Marines, Rhino – 160 Points
Militia Infantry Squad, 20X Auxiliaries – 50 Points
Militia Infantry Squad, 20X Auxiliaries – 50 Points

Fast Attack: Auxilia Thunderbolt – 200 Points
Auxilia Thunderbolt – 200 Points
Legion Seeker Squad, 5X Seekers, 5X Combi-Bolters – 205 Points

Heavy Support: Mutant Spawn, 5X Spawn – 135 Points
Legion Medusa, 2X Medusae – 310 Points
Auxilia Rapier Battery, 3X Rapiers, 3X LDA – 150 Points

This is my current list. I'm still putting the army together. The cultists are all quite literally meatshields that'll pack a small punch. Still, goal is to get them between myself and the enemy. It's not a perfect list, but it's fluffy. Still, glaring flaws can be fixed if tested.

What sort of fortifications do you have?

That goes out to all of hhg

Mort's a big skeletal ninja (he's specifically noted as looking like the grim reaper), is Mortica all dfc and skinny or is she adorably chubby ?

>Mort's a big skeletal ninja (he's specifically noted as looking like the grim reaper), is Mortica all dfc and skinny or is she adorably chubby ?

To be honest, I imagine a female version of Mortarion to be a lot like a grimmer version of Morticia Adams.

I realize I was right initially. Those levy squads are 100 points each, leaving me at a flat 3k.

Where do the spawn come from, daemon allies or what

Tainted flesh provenance.

>tfw find out that you can't take Chimeras or Devil Dogs in the Militia army list
>Or valkyries
Sigh.

As it should be. Cannon fodder doesn't deserve a ride, walk those plebs !

Why so mean, user?

>Leman Russes can't have Multimelta sponsons
For what reason?

Sorry, can't hear you over my 6 lascannon super-heavy dedicated transport.

Yeah, the lack of chimeras surprised me a little, though I guess they want to differentiate even more between the Militia and the Guard

Banewolf best hellhound variant

They could have done that distinction with Rhinos and Land Raiders, but I know, this ain't ya pappy's HH, this is New and Improved HH(tm), now with Lime*. People are so used to the 40k aesthetics that playing 30k Army that has Marine vehicles will feel weird and frightening, and we can't confuse the customers or they won't buy stuff.

*Product does not actually contain lime. Consult your doctor before consumption.

Survivors of the Dark Age provenance makes Rhinos and Land Raiders an option.

And force you to take power armoured dudes. Must have 3+ save to ride, I suppose.

>Must be this tall to ride

True enough. What should the PA-d dudes be represented with without resorting to 40k range?
Even militia in general?
Could anyone here point me to some alternative miniatures producers?
I'm familiar only with GW and Perry brothers.

I am trying to figure out what vehicles and dreads to buy for my DG army. At the bottom will be a list of models if that helps in decided if certain units are good for me to get.

Are spartans still worth it with thier points increase or is something else now a better option?

Are the LR Achilles or LR alpha Achilles good?

Which is better lightning or xiphon?

What is the best unit to back in an explorator proteus? I was thinking a heavy flamer squad maybe.

Is a dread heavy list worthwhile with DG? It is fluffy but I am not sure it will be any good.

How good is the derdeo and what are its best weapons options?

New to 30k and just trying to figure stuff out. Here is a list of models I have so far. LMK what you think I need for support/transport ect.

mortarion
10 grave warden
10 deathshroud
10x lascannon marines
Leviathan Dreadnought (phosphex discharger, heavy flamers 1 drill 1 claw)
9x Space Marine Rapier Quad Mortar
Space Marine Apothecary Set
10x Cataphracti Terminators Came with calych sets, lan to make them spam plasma
2x Calth box Praetor
2x calth box chaplain as artificer praetors
calth box contemptor 2 kheres
calth box contemptor 2 fist in built graviton gun
10x autocannon marines
10x heavy flamer marines
38x marines with boltor, pistol, cc weapon
4x sergeant
6 flamer
6 melta
6 plasma

Anybody got a link to the Praetorian of Dorn ebook? Lost my Kindle in an airport like a tool.

>only with GW and Perry brothers
Still kind of amusing that the diversity in the IG range is basically because the Perrys wanted to make historicals

>Are the LR Achilles or LR alpha Achilles good?
Whether they're good or not they're tough as hell and you can give the Achilles' mortar Phospex, which is about as Death Guard as you can get

Though termies are bulky, so maybe use it as a chem flamer support/heavy squad waggon

And their love for historical made one of them almost lose a hand when loading a cannon.

>almost lose a hand
He actually lost his hand.
He just learned to sculpt with the other one like a boss.

They were also corpses in one of the LotR movies, 3rd one I think.
Which is cool, seeing as they sculpted most of that range

And then sculpted peter jacksons private Anzac collection
How much ficking money did he have afterwards I wonder

It gave them character. No longer were they just generic future troops with jumpsuits, helmets and shades.

Silonius Lives

Yeah but the one half that counts is dead

Bitter here, wharr do I get razorwire stuff? I can take sprues and make into tank traps, and have some barricades I can use, but what do I do for my barbed wire?

Such a lust for revenge...

WHO?

Suppose an Astartes in standard-issue power armor attempted to block a melee attack by a Primarchs in fluff. What would the logical effects on his arms be? Would his arms come out of it intact or would he end up as the subject of a Douglas Adams parody image?

Good question mate. FW sells stuff, but meh. Most of the ideas I have would end up with them being pretty sharp too, so that's also a problem.

>mfw someone uses my image

take two pieces of thin wire and wrap one around the other.

10/10 image.

But Curzefag-chan, I've been using your image for quite some time now.

I think I'm the only one to use it, actually.

I made some myself, a bit shit tho :/

They would buckle and not block the blow. 99.99% of the time they wouldn't see it coming.

Both Perturabo and Ferrus would break their arms. After all, they both have AP2 fists.

Well, at least someone cares... r-right?...

>but what do I do for my barbed wire?

You making tanglewire or what? I've made some as mines and for my DG I'm making them out of gas, because they're all about that propane and propane accessories.

Fuzzy pipe cleaners. Perfect for brightening up those dreary trenches.

Didn't they use your images already?

Power armor and arms inside of it would crack/buckle and provide no resistance whatsoever. Corax once palmed a grenade, punched the hand into an Iron Warrior's chest, and just let it go off. The chest is the thickest part of the power armor.

Granted, then he had to shake his hand a bit because his fingers were numb, but still. Shit is ridiculous.

Curze once backhanded corswain and pulped half his face and an arm.

The Lion punched Nemiel's head off.

There are a lot of Canon instances of weaponless Primarchs just flat-out ignoring power armor when they hit it.

With the DG's love for gas you'd wonder how heavily their diet features tacos

Still feels good