The new Traitor Hate's campaign book has like 4 new art pieces...

The new Traitor Hate's campaign book has like 4 new art pieces. The majority of the art is reused art from CSM and CS codexes mixed in with oldie CSM art. Defend this, Veeky Forums.

Anyways, this is Traitor Hate's lore discussion and art thread.

Wanted to post this in the 40K general but currently the thread is going through a shitposting fit.

What are those floating Admech guys?

This is an oldie with some coloring and added detail. posted it because its neat.

If you were that IG, what would be running through your mind?

Just regular admech joes, they aren't really floating, there an anticulated arm inside the cable bundles

"why is this scrub using defilers"

monstrously terrible, this and the space wolves new art is an abortion

Black Legion curbstomping loyalist scum. Always a pleasure.

And that's all the new art. Any opinions on the quality?

Is the new Death Company Chaplin?

why would someone with the Black Rage EVEN get promoted to Chaplin?

>‘Face me, monster,’ boomed the Chaplain over the clangour of battle, ‘I am Daenor of the Blood Angels.’

>The Betrayer barked a laugh.

>‘It’s a fool who places his head on the block and dares the executioner to take his best swing. And I am no fool,’ growled Khârn, stepping back from this challenger and mag-locking his gun to his thigh. ‘How long do you think you can stop me from taking your head, Daenor of the Blood Angels? Five seconds?’ Khârn swung Gorechild back and forth in roaring cuts. ‘Ten?’

>‘I will break you as Sanguinius did Ka’Bandha before the gates of the Emperor’s Palace, traitor,’ responded Daenor. ‘I am a son of the Angel.’

>‘There was only ever one Angel,’ growled Khârn, his voice rising to a shout, ‘and
he was red!’

What did he mean by this?

Kharn vs an Imperial Knight

>The ground shook with pounding footfalls, and a vox-horn boomed out a binharic war cry. Looking up, the Betrayer saw a red-hulled Knight looming over him, its head tilted down to pin him with its dispassionate stare. The war engine’s roaring chainblade swept down and Khârn hurled himself aside. He rolled to his feet with a manic laugh, sweeping Gorechild up in a thunderous arc. Mica-dragon teeth bit through adamantium and ceramite in a rain of sparks, and the Knight’s severed chainblade crashed to the ground.

>The war machine took a step back, trying to swing its battle cannon to bear. Before it could, the Betrayer leapt high and clove through the Knight’s nearest knee-joint. Again, Gorechild could not be denied, and the towering machine left half of one leg behind as it tried to back away. Slowly, like some great tree, the Imperial Knight tipped sideways, before crashing down hard. Khârn laughed as his followers boiled across the felled machine, tearing its canopy open and hacking madly at the exposed pilot within. These fools were doomed, thought the Betrayer contemptuously. Time to move on in search of a more worthy challenge

Kharn doesn't like Titans

>Khârn looked slowly up from the cloven body of his ambitious would-be murderer. An Imperial Reaver Titan loomed into view above him, footsteps shaking the ground. The engine seemed to fill up the whole world with its enormity. Its shadow engulfed him utterly, throwing a shroud across both Khârn and the maimed Chaplain who still lay in the roadway. The Metalican emblem upon the Reaver’s chest left Khârn in no doubt of its loyalties.

>The Titan raised one tank-sized foot and took a striding step down the street. Khârn leapt back as the war engine’s foot descended, slamming down like a pile driver. The ground buckled beneath the god-machine’s tread, and Khârn was hurled unceremoniously from his feet. He cursed, scrambling upright again amid the billowing dust and unnatural shadow. The Betrayer felt the air pressure contract around him, his ears popping and his armour crawling with corposant as the war engine’s void shields passed over and enveloped him. The Titan hadn’t even registered the foe beneath its feet, its weapons drawing down upon targets in more distant streets. It stung the Betrayer’s martial pride to be treated as an irrelevance, and he howled with anger as he pumped plasma shots up at the thing’s knee joint. This was no Knight, however. The ravening blasts of energy splashed against the Titan’s leg, blackening its paintwork but achieving little else.

>Then the Titan was moving again, swinging its other leg forwards to pass the first. The roadway was barely wide enough for the god machine to progress down it, but that mattered little. Where the Titan’s weapon limbs struck the buildings they simply tore away great chunks of masonry, smashing the buildings aside with the ease of a man parting tall grass. Rubble sluiced down upon Khârn in a landslide as the Titan swept over him.

One of Angeron's nicknames is "The Red Angel"

Despite one of his brothers literally having wings and being all about blood.

Also, TH is largely a pile of reused bullshit, so the art also being bullshit isn't a surprise.

>why would someone with the Black Rage EVEN get promoted to Chaplin?

Noone has, Lemartes was aChaplain before the rage and he alone has managed to come out the other end of his black rage, not "sane", still utterly svage in the face of foes, but capable of telling friend from foe, holding conversations (albeit either short and clipped or raging litanies of hatred) and serve his duty as chaplain.

"Angron (also known as the Red Angel is the Primarch of the World Eaters"

Angron was the Red Angel

>currently

>The Betrayer cursed in fury as thundering wreckage and billowing dust engulfed him. He fought against the stony tide, but darkness swallowed him as the rubble closed over his head. Khârn raged. He thrashed. He shattered and clawed until he was free once again. By the time he had dragged himself from the tumbled ruins, both the Titan, and his Chaplain victim, were gone.

>>Denied his worthy skull, the Betrayer’s rage was beyond mortal comprehension. A wave of pure fury rolled out from his armoured form, scorching the rubble black, and his deafening war cry shattered those few windows that remained in the street’s battered facades.

>Over the rooftops of the ruins around him, Khârn could see the god-like forms of more Imperial Titans moving, wading through the devastation with their weapons tracking right and left. As they sighted his followers, their guns lit with apocalyptic fury, blazing columns of light and fire stabbing downwards to blow buildings apart and scour the streets of Khorne worshippers. There was bloodshed in this, thought Khârn, but not glory. Not the skulls of the Imperial lapdogs. This could not be allowed. The Titans must die.

>Khârn fought like a lunatic, exhorting the followers of Khorne to greater heights of violence and spitting scorn upon them where they showed weakness. It was Khârn that led a loping Warhound Titan out into the wreck-scattered square before the eastern forge-temple, and straight into the teeth of a Trinity of Blood. Booming monstrous warcries, the three super-heavy Daemon Engines hammered the Titan with fire from every side, collapsing ts void shields and rolling forwards to hack it apart with vast chain cleavers.

>It was Khârn, also, who scaled the flank of a towering factorum-stack at the head of fifty Khorne Berzerkers and leapt from its heights onto the carapace of an Imperial Reaver as it was moving between engagement zones. The Betrayer hacked his way through the war engine’s armoured hull, leading those few Berzerkers who had survived the strafing of the Titan’s gatling blasters. They butchered the machine’s crew, leaving it looming, cold and dead in the middle of the street.

----------------

>MODERATII, ADJUST SPEED TWO KNOTS AND TARGET THE DAEMON ENGINES TO OUR RIGHT. POWER UP THE PLASMA BLASTGUN AND… WHAT… WHAT WAS THAT? UPON THE HULL? AUSPEX SWEEP, NOW! IT CAN’T BE. NO. NO! KEEP THEM OUT! NO!’

- Last words of Princeps Gauvanos, Legio Metalica

>Stormshield Terminator tanking forgefiend pointblank
NOICE

I BEG YOUR PARDON, MORTALS?

That chaplain looks like it escaped from a super-hero comic or a super sentai series.

Deemonic plagiarists who can't think up names of their own are irrelevant for Khârn.

The excess of so much shitposting makes me hard.

Damn shame that they're all angry too.

>THE SECRET OF AMETHAL

>The adepts of the Adeptus Mechanicus understood the true prize that the Black Legion sought upon Amethal, even if few others did. It was the thing that had brought Technoarcheologist Dominus Ivasnophon and his followers from the forge world of Metalica to this cursed world. It was a power of unbelievable magnitude, though the Imperium and the traitors sought it for very different reasons. Lord Xorphas knew its true nature, for it was he and his cabal who had located it for Abaddon. The Despoiler had set his forces in motion at once. The battle to come would bear upon the success of the Thirteenth Black Crusade, for it offered an opportunity to extend Abaddon’s Crimson Path like a bloody wound across Imperial space.

>The secret that the Black Legion sought, and that the Adeptus Mechanicus were racing them to seize, lay deep beneath the surface of Amethal. It was ancient – unspeakably, unimaginably so. It was a device the size of a world, forged by godlike beings before Terra had even spawned its first single-celled organisms. It was a cage for the infernal creatures of the Warp, a weapon to dwarf the Damnation Cache that had slipped through Abaddon’s fingers on Pandorax. And, according to the divinations of Lord Xorphas and his followers, it was full to the brim. It required only the correct ritual to be broken open, at which point the sudden release of so many Warp entities would tear a gaping wound in reality itself…

The biggest question that comes from the book is who created the Daemon Cage?

And for what purpose were they filling it to the utmost capacity with daemons and other warp entities?

>dat Daemon Knight

Yesssssss.

On the other hand, though, I'm kind of disappointed in this art. None of these guys are unique - every single one of them are just direct copy-pastes of existing models. Fuck, the Chosen Champion is in the EXACT SAME POSE as his model.

Come on GW. Don't go down this road. Art was one of the few things you almost always got right.

KHARN TOO OP

NERF NOW

Motherfucker has reached Primarch levels now. In the book Kharn duels with an Imperial Knight, breaks its gigantic building sized chainsword, then chops its legs off at the knees and ends it. He later jumps on top of a titan by leaping over fifty feet into the air, then carves his way through it and kills the entire crew.

So this is what a bolter wound looks like? I thought they were explosive.

>On the other hand, though, I'm kind of disappointed in this art.

Modern GW art has been going downhill for years. The pieces in the Wulfen/CSM campaign book looked like something crapped out by a shoddy fanartist.

Explode after impact. There's no real definition on when they explode though, I recall an old CSM codex had a story where an IG officer is in a bunker, gets shot, has time to fall down, look at his shoulder and hear a bleep before it blow his arm off.

They explode shortly after impact, long enough to burrow in

Artist fucked up, bolters are .75 caliber and even a non-explosive hit would take off your arm and instantly kill you from the shockwave.

Or maybe it's a daemonic variant, smaller round that burrows into the heart and then explodes.

The look like shit.

Angron was called the 'red angel', although a daemon that possessed a blood angels apothecary also called himself the 'red angel'

but its probably angron as he was angron's equerry

Unless he passed his invul save!

Why is all of GW's art so consistently terrible now? For fuck's sake.

>The majority of the art is reused art from CSM and CS codexes mixed in with oldie CSM art. Defend this, Veeky Forums.
dramatically reduced production cost.
It's the reason they also use a lot of model shots.

FFG reuses are like crazy to keep cost down.
CoC, Eldritch Horror, Arkham Horror, Mansion of Madness, Elder Sign are all from the Call of Cthulhu IP. And art is reused across those games like crazy. Because good art isn't cheap to commission.

They're pumping out a lot of content and resort to hiring deviant art cunts.

They are servitors, likely so a magos can remotely view the battle by taking one over. One also seems to be recording what's happening in terms of casualties.

That's an Electropriest, not some dinky human serf. No idea what their body is made of but the round will probably blow his arm off in 0.001 seconds.

No one told the princeps a Chaos VVVVIP was in the area as an opportunity target?

Looks human to me.

there is an old bit of fluff about bolters actually being less effective against unarmored non-super humans because they tended to pass through before the secondary explosion got triggered.

reading the new fluff that comes out... sounds like Kharn is a Mary Sue... doesnt the 40k universe have enough of those already?

>doesnt the 40k universe have enough of those already?
no, everyone in 40k would be a Mary Sue in a universe that wasn't 40k.
But in 40k that sort of shit is the norm, so it's not a Mary Sue.

Context matters people.

... user he has like 5-6 attacks with an armorbane weapon that always hits on 2+

He does this shit regularly in my game store. My Kharn has killed at least 7 knights, 2 stompas, 2 warhounds and 3 baneblades since 6th edition began and people started playing superheavies...

Killing titans is nothing for this guy.

>most of the guns are somewhat decent
>completely fuck it up by making them like 3 cm wide
Why do people fuck up guns in 40k so? Half of them are just solid blocks and the other half are simple in silhoutte, rounded and smooth, yet they constantly somehow manage to fail at drawing them. I can forgive many badly drawn things, but subpar weapons completely ruin it for me. That's why I dislike the old art, almost all of them feature retardedly drawn weaponry

I like this one. The others are pretty meh. Looks like Blood Angel Chaplains have gone full vampire, though.

This one is pretty bad.

Why the fuck did they take the dark vengeance lord and use it twice in this art, with two different colour schemes?

He's the Chosen of the God of Carnage and Slaughter.
Of course he's extremely OP, he dies from time to time sure, but that's never stopped Kharn before.

I'd say modern stuff is pretty good.

back to /k/ with you. There you can fap about your Mosin replica with your buttbuddies.

Yeah this bugs me too but since Kranon never got Unique rules ehh. Still it's fucking lazy.

Snibeti snab

>Hey guys, here is some nice blood angels art.

>Please buy some blood angels and then their codex specifically in that order

>The biggest question that comes from the book is who created the Daemon Cage?

the same assholes that did all the other old tech someone digs up every now and then
necrons or old ones

this art is fugly as shit and you should've not posted it

when the luna wolves are fighting some zombies on Davin Loken says that he is happy that he didn't bring the armor piercing rounds since those would go through them and explode too late

but honestly the artist probably has no fucking idea what bolters are and thought it's just a normal gun, be happy he didn't make them lasers

He's basically firing it at a point blank range. There's indications that bolts don't explode at such short distances for safety reasons. In one novel a Marine was shot in the head at point blank range and the bolt just went through his head.

His arm can be totally gone, but that doesn't mean it will look that way. I've seen a dude shot in the arm with just a small hole on both sides. Looked almost like he had been stabbed with a rod or something. When xrayed, his bone was just fucking blasted to bits and the muscles were all shredded.

It's very likely that even if the entry wound is small, his entire shoulder is totally destroyed.

Also, if he's from HH era, his bolt pistol can be as tiny as .50 caliber, as per HH fluff.

Maybe all that electromagnetic bullshit fucked up it's detonator.

Yeah but regardless of if it explodes or not it's still something retarded like a .50 caliber bullet.

What am I looking at here, a DG warband w/ Ultra & Eldar Farseer fighting.

I like the ammo counter on the HB tho.

It's Dark Hunters teaming up with Eldar to kill the Chaos Warband the Chapter was created to destroy- the Punishers.

they can't make it too gory because then they can't sell it to kiddies

>The new Traitor Hate's campaign book has like 4 new art pieces. The majority of the art is reused art from CSM and CS codexes mixed in with oldie CSM art. Defend this, Veeky Forums.

All people did was complain about the new art, so less of it means less complaining and possibly more effort put into what is new.

Cover art is good, other stuff is okay

If it's the Old Ones this is sort of interesting since it implies that shit in the Warp started going bad while they were in a position to do something about it.

I'm honestly not super impressed by the Chaos Knight since if it isn't a direct copy of the FW version, it repeats its mistakes.

A Knight would be an awesome opportunity to do something cool with the new CSM aesthetic, instead they just went with the old one of scary faces and spikes and called it a day.

>but its probably angron as he was angron's equerry
what

Seems par for the course for what he is.

Truthfully him killing a Knight is impressive, but it's hardly out there and him managing to kill the crew of a Titan is an actual thing that can happen, so much so that there are Skitarii devoted to protecting Titans from infantry.

Because one of them is supposed to be what Kranon of the Crimson Slaughter looks like.

I guess the art department either didn't communicate about it or thought people wouldn't care since the model that represented Kranon is a generic Chaos Lord.

I only recall Kharn supposedly dying once before.

>forged by godlike beings before Terra had even spawned its first single-celled organisms.

When did life first appear on Earth?

Precambrian era, estimated 4 billion years ago

That's waaay before the War in Heaven which was 60 million years ago. What were daemons doing back then?

Being ignored by common sense from writers. Like always.

There weren't any.
The warp became the horrid fustercluck of terror as a result of the war in heaven between the old ones using it to fight the C'tan, and the psychic emanations of the Eldar and other races as they fought/died giving rise to the enslaver plague.

You say this and yet AoS has a Khorne unit that are cannibals.

>There weren't any.

Clearly that's not true. Someone before the War of Heaven constructed a prison for Warp creatures and filled it with daemons.

Also Be'lakor, known as the First Daemon Prince of Chaos, has memories of the First Necrontyr necropolis and the first Eldar homeworlds.

I guess the Warp being calm and safe back then was retconned.

Catalyst does this a lot too, but it could just be editing errors.

i kinda expected people discussing possible formations in that book, all i got was people discussing "art".
Thats okay though

>.50 caliber
>tiny

That is not a defence. If they are too incompetent or too cheap to have good art like they used to they deserve to be criticised.

It may not necessarily be a case of cheapness but the artists in question either not being available or not desiring to work for GW.

If you're an artist who does quality work, you're not exactly going to be lacking for offers, possibly from people who can afford to pay more than the big fish in a niche hobby.

>draw a few lines at random so they look like what a kindergartener drawing a pistol would draw, then add a banana magazine
>colour/shade it by basically smudging the lines invards, maybe throw on some red or yellow stripes
>make the character aim or fire it at everything but the enemy
Fuck you too buddy

The shot honestly probably just went straight through his arm.

This book reeks of crash grab.

The Angel's Blade too.

S-SAVE ME SPACE MARINES

I really hate that humanoid-looking artificer armor and the new look of Kharn, which appears to be copy pasted from the Age of Sigmar shit.

My autism is also triggered by the fact he has a weak arm not protected by power armor

he's always had that sans power armor arm

>he has a weak arm
>weak

kharn would curl you for reps and then superset into skullfucking, boy

>Using canon chaos character in wrong color scheme

>Eye of Sauron

Cheap as fuck

I like to think those ig aren't corrupted and that Kharn just glued those horns on their for an arts and crafts project

i think thats a hook piercing theyr heads, user

arts and crafts then

That white heir on Kharn.

You guys lied to me. You said SM don't grow old.

Those ain't hair. Those are two trophies hanging from the helmet's horns.

Kharn is bald

>Defend this, Veeky Forums.
Why defend garbage? I stopped defending anything GW put out years ago.

>genetically engineered super soldier empowered by one of the 4 dark Gods, wielding weapons mankind has lost the ability to create and with 10,000 years of experience manages to kill 3 normal humans equipped with flashlights and thinks this is impressive enough to attach to his armour as a trophy
Why are CSM so pathetic?

>Any opinions on the quality?
First one is pretty good despite the fact that the foreground could be less rough.

The rest is REALLY meh: Decent technique, no personality, bad composition, lack of details and a few innaccuracies. has a couple redeeming elements, though.

what what?

Kharn was the equerry of Angron

>Historically, it was a senior attendant with responsibilities for the horses of a person of rank. In contemporary use, it is a personal attendant, usually upon a Sovereign, a member of a Royal Family, or a national representative. They are equivalent to Aides-de-Camp, but the term is now prevalent only in the Commonwealth of Nations.

>The pieces in the Wulfen/CSM campaign book looked like something crapped out by a shoddy fanartist.

I know, though there were a few solid pieces in there.

I guess it just hits harder because this is MY faction.

Chaos Marines have solo'd Titans before, albeit they were extremely powerful marines and the titans were Warhounds.

There was an Iron Warrior in Terminator armor who unloaded his combi-melta multiple times into the ankle of a Warhound, causing it to fall over and crash. He then used the bolter part to smash into the cockpit and kill everybody inside.

He did get annihilated by the Warhounds pack-mate, though.