The 13th Black Crusade is upon us - Again

The 13th Black Crusade is upon us - Again.

Is this the signalling of a real event this time? How will this change the game/lore? Are you excited?

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/atheism/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I live in hope that it'll be another fucking End Times, leading to a 40K version of Age of Sigmar.

Not because I want to play or anything, just so I can sit back and watch it burn.

Ha ha. No. GW is stupid. But not that stupid.

Never doubt those whose heads are stuck deep in thier own asses.

>13th Black Crusade didn't go the way GW wanted it to
>Just redo it

Why not just do the 14th Black Crusade?

but that's exactly where all of this is going, 40k will be dead in a few years replaced with age of shadowsun, now with female marines :^)

They're called Sisters of Battle, and don't seem to be GW's priority nowadays.

Because that would ruin the setting. It's been agreed that the 13th Black Crusade would end the setting because its the number of doom in GW's setting.

So, GW's telling to get exited for a brand new black crusade and telling us that the last iteration of the event was absolutely meaningless at the same time?
Top notch marketing at work here. I'm filled with confidence.

In what way did AoS cater to new audiences aside from SHINY AND CHROME? Because that last part was bullshit and you know it.

>telling us that the last iteration of the event was absolutely meaningless at the same time?

Are you an idiot? EoT was retconned in 5th ED. GW explicitly made that clear. 5th ED is nearly a decade year old and somehow you missed all of it.

Explain yourself now. U want to understand how can a creature such as you live under a rock for so long.

The ironing is delicious.

Allow me to rephrase:

>Hey guys, get excited for the new Senex-Juvex campaign, where all factions will fight for dominance, and YOU can help your favorite faction win. Are you ready to leave a mark in the history of 40k?
>Oh, that's neat; thanks GW.

and

>Hey guys, get excited for the new 13th Black Crusade campaign, where all factions will fight for dominance, and YOU can help your favorite faction win.
>Hmm, didn't already have this one?
>Yes, but it didn't happen... Anything you people might have done at the time was erased. Anyways, are you ready to leave a mark in the history of 40k?
>And it won't get erased this time?
>Nope; pinky swear.
>...Yeah.

are significantly different, and only one doesn't rub the fact that you can't manage continuity in your player's face.

I don't think you get what's going on. When EoT was finished, GW made a statement that they will be inspired by the results of EoT while making clear that it's going get scrubed in the future. Cometh 5th ED it was scrubbed.

>>Hey guys, get excited for the new 13th Black Crusade campaign, where all factions will fight for dominance, and YOU can help your favorite faction win.
>>Yes, but it didn't happen... Anything you people might have done at the time was erased. Anyways, are you ready to leave a mark in the history of 40k?

You are putting words in GW's mouth that they never said.

There is no player event. They didn't fucking ask you to participate. This is book release that's about the prologue of the 13th Black Crusade story + new models and rules.

You are a decade too late about being outraged that EoT got trashed.

We get it, you've just got to stop being a little bitch.

If it'll make edgelords like you mad over plastic space men I fucking welcome it.

Yes, we were always at war with Eurasia you retroactively altering history prick.

//his

>Yes, we were always at war with Eurasia you retroactively altering history prick.
>retroactively altering history prick.
>altering history

Alright I want you to back up those statements.

Where did GW say the following about the Traitor Hate and Angel's Blade? " YOU can help your favorite faction win". "Anyways, are you ready to leave a mark in the history of 40k?".

If you cannot find it, then you are the history altering bastard who throws word in people's mouth shamelessly. You have 5 mins to find it and I am being generous.

>>Hey guys, get excited for the new 13th Black Crusade campaign, where all factions will fight for dominance, and YOU SPAM FAKE BATTLE REPORTS help your favorite faction win.

> You have 5 mins to find it and I am being generous
> reddit.com/r/atheism/

It will either get retconned just like the first one, or get retconned and get an End Times like WHFB. I hope it's the former but since GW said they were happy about how AoS did, don't bet on it.

>GW made it clear they would!d scrub EoT results
>Inspired by the results
This is the History you are Revising, Muppet.

So basically Abbadon wants yet another Black Crusade but his Gods won't let him because he's never actually succeeded, so he re-does the 13th Crusade untill he doesn't fail?

>while making clear that it's going get scrubed in the future
they didn't do that

also you seem to be missing an entire edition (and second global campaign) where the results of the crusade were still in place

they did drop it in 5th, but it was without ceremony or reason, and there was nothing anyone could do or say about it because GW wasn't interacting with the community at all anymore

>because GW wasn't interacting with the community at all anymore
I'm not particularly sad they shut down those shitty forums.

neither am I, it was a cesspool

But at that point even the tournament circuit and community outreach programs were being cut. Games Day itself was also severely cut back in scope. I know for certain because I was working for the geedubs at the time and not happy at all about it.

Nope, it was a statement from GW themselves. No history revising.

Also I like how you failed to deliver proof for your statements despite how recent Traitor's Hate is. You worthless liar.

>they didn't do that

Yes, they did.

And you seem to agree with me that 5th Ed was the edition where they retconned it out which means you agree with me that user is a jackass.

Not an argument and still seeing no proof. It's not like you have to dig through old White Dwarfs and interviews. It's just been releases on Saturday. Where did GW say that players get to decide the outcome of Traitor's hate? You claimed that they said this. So where?!

And I will take your picture spamming as you conceding.

I'll wait for someone with an actual argument.

>Yes, they did.
They did not

And I'm sure the other user is a wonderful human being because I don't resort to personal attacks on people who disagree with me.

>I don't resort to personal attacks on people who disagree with me.

No, you save those for people who are retardedly wrong or are lying. He is both.

Geedubs said the last black crusade event would be player-influenced. They did NOT say loljustkidding! until AFTER the event gave them results they didn't quite like (but should have expected given the popularity and power of Chaos at the time - major balldrop.) This guyis wrong.

The result was because the event cards made it impossible to stop a chaos steamroll - losing in one place wrecked a dozen nearby ones and chaos rewards for dominating were much better than the imperial ones
If anything they messed up in how imperials reported so battles went to the sector and not planets

Accessible rules

>Abaddon gets to the 13th Black Crusade, the magical number for him and his forces to finally succeed
>They fail miserably
>He refuses to advance the number and keeps calling future crusades the "13th Black Crusade"

I wonder if they'll revisit some of the lore from the previous edition's Black Crusades.

Like worlds of the Agripinna sector falling to Typhus and his Death Guard forces.

Or the Sisters of Battle holding the line in Belis Corona against not only the Death Guard, but the Tyranids as well.

Or the Iron Hands battling 10,000 Traitor Guard tanks of the Haradni 13th on Medusa.

Or the Ultramrines disabling the Planet Killer for a time.

Speaking of which, is the current Planet Killer the same one the Imperial Navy destroyed and Abaddon rebuilt it, or has Abaddon been cranking out multiple planet killers?

You mean I am right. You said exactly what I said.

But he didn't fail and neither of his crusades fail.

The 13th Black Crusade is the final one and we are seeing written down as it's meant to be written. Cadia will fall and we will hear the lamentation of thousands upon thousands of Imperialfags.

So the Gothic War never saw the Planet Killer destroyed?

>Or the Sisters of Battle holding the line in Belis Corona against not only the Death Guard, but the Tyranids as well.

Yeah, like the SOB would turn up.

>Or the Sisters of Battle holding the line in Belis Corona against not only the Death Guard, but the Tyranids as well.
Sisters of Who?
t. GW

>the troll is also an edgelord chaos fag

Why am I not surprised?

Chaos tends to have one of the more obnoxious fanbases
t.
Chaosfag

Reading through the White Dwarf 239, it says that Planet Killer was destroyed after the Gothic War ended when its commander tried to use it to forge an empire of his own. Unsupported, Planet Killer got torpedo'ed to ruin.

Afterwards, Inquisitor Horst with the Admech tried to recover the hulk of Planet Killer. However, they couldn't find it so they couldn't confirm the ultimate destruction of the ship. Years later there has been reports of sightings of Planet Killer.

I think the Implication is that the traitors recovered the damaged Planet Killer and repaired it.

>still in complete denial
You got a whole level of blindness going on I can't even contemplate. WEW LAD. Keep sayin' what yer sayin', user - we might get it one of these days. Keep goin'.
At least you revealed that you're just a chaos fag who's been steadily deluding himself these past several years. Keep havin' fun with that.

>Some disagrees with me
>Troll
>Edgylord

A little pathetic here. Who I am kidding? That's a whole lot of pathetic.

Alright. I am the only one who spoke facts and you are the only one who is throwing insults only.

If you are the original user I was talking to you made two retarded claims

1-That EoT wasn't retconned
2-That Traitor Hate announcement told players that they get to decide the outcome of the 13th Black Crusade

Not once did you stop and admit you are wrong. You just brushed it off and threw insults. Sir, you are a child.

We don't disagree with you - you are in denial. Screaming denial. Keep screamin' kid. Won't take away the butthurt, tho.

>I think the Implication is that the traitors recovered the damaged Planet Killer and repaired it.

I wonder if it's possible that, considering it's possessed by the power of chaos, that Abaddon could simply re-summon the ship if destroyed as one might a powerful Daemon?

Also.

>Planet Killer was destroyed after the Gothic War ended when its commander tried to use it to forge an empire of his own. Unsupported, Planet Killer got torpedo'ed to ruin.

Why did Abaddon even let him do that? Did he give his tacit permission or did he just not care about the thing after it's immediate purpose had been fulfilled?

Going by this thread, Imperialfags are a cancerous bunch.

It has been decade since they retconned EoT and fluff moved on beyond 4th ED so much it's not even funny. And yet Imperialfags still think that EoT is canon and still a thing. The funny thing is I think they are mostly newfags who read stuff from the wikis.

>We don't disagree with you

Then why are you replying? You seem to want my attention?

>Denial

About what exactly?

I am not that user. You are the one buttflustered over little plastic men. I submit with all due consideration that you, sir, are in fact the child! Game, set, and match! Q.E.D. Good day to you, sir!

Although, to defend that user, he never claimed it wasn't retconned, you merely assumed that was his claim and ran with it (and continue, pathetically, to run with it - hold on tight, user!). And the eot event very much DID emphasize player agency in the development of the story. That WAS the main selling point of that tourney. Your denials merely demonstrate your inability to correctly judge truth.

>I wonder if it's possible that, considering it's possessed by the power of chaos, that Abaddon could simply re-summon the ship if destroyed as one might a powerful Daemon?

Teleporting that giant of a ship would require a lot of power. Anything is possible. We just know that the hulk disappeared so you can fill the blank space of how the traitors got it back with anything.

>Why did Abaddon even let him do that?

Wasn't in a position to do anything. He was chased back into the Eye by the Imperials and Eldar.

I assume with the Blackstone Fortresses in his grasp, the fate of PK meant little.

Why would Cadia fall? It didn't fall when Chaos won the EoT tourney, why would it now?

Your assertions are incorrect; you refuse to acknowledge this; you are in denial.
Do you even logic, brah? No, you don't - you will now continue to deny your wrongness by fiercely plugging your ears and raising your voice.

>You are the one buttflustered over little plastic men

We are in Veeky Forums.

>Although, to defend that user, he never claimed it wasn't retconned,

See First post he thinks that GW only now has retconned EoT. Prior to that he thought EoT was still canon despite 10 years worth of fluff saying it was trashed.

The second post is him putting words in GW's mouth by claiming that GW Traitor's Hate involves player participation and that player efforts will decide the results.

>And the eot event very much DID emphasize player agency in the development of the story. That WAS the main selling point of that tourney.

Which wasn't argued against in ant way by me

Your inability to understand what's being talked about makes you a child also.

Denial about what? Like I said, you just throwing words and trying to get my attention. It's cute. In a retarded sort of way.

The same reason why the City of Wolf didn't fall in SoC, but fell in ET.

GW is writing it and has full control.

You didn't follow the whole chain, kiddo! It's ok - you've revealed your age and your allegiance: teen edge lord chaos fag. You are irrelevant.
Of course, you will take my 'lack of an argument' as an excuse to pat yourself on your back and say you won. Congrats! You earned it.

I wonder if necrons will make an appearance at all?

But what makes you think geedubs will make cadia fall?

Not him. But Cadia will definitely fall so that the final battle can be waged on Holy Terra.

It's like pottery it rhymes

>now he's denying his denial
>with le cute/retarded maymay
>all while continuing to wank Chaos
Some user counters you, you flipflop and then claim that user supports you. Typical. Denial. Loser.

The Perfect shake up. Rumor has that the traitor Primarchs are coming back. For that to happen, the Crimson Path must be strengthened and elongated. This requires Cadia's fall. It would be the perfect shake up.

Also the daemon cage is breaking. Assuming the Grey Knight cannot stop it, then the Cage will drag the Eye of Terror forward making Cadia be drowned in the Eye.

They have no dog in that fight.

But there is no final battle in 40k - there is no great last blast. There will presumably be some big nasty fight that finally breaks all the factions; but then the factions will all splinter and fall apart in a long slow devolution into darkness. No grand endofdays cataclysmic clash - just a slow death rattle.

Your post only makes sense if they shitmar 40k.

>But there is no final battle in 40k - there is no great last blast.

We know GW's writing. There will be a final battle because this is a wargame and an apocalyptic and climatic end to the galaxy is what people want.

Bullshit.

The story of 40k was always about space marines vs chaos marines, the final battle to try and take the golden throne will destroy one of these two factions.

Orks, Nids, necrons and all that are unimportant, they're just side characters.

Sand Panda says they won't AOS 40K. However, they will move the fluff a bit forward.

This new Traitor's Hand book is the first part of the 13th Black Crusade series. Wanna bet what the final outcome going be?

Surely you don't mean this.
GW has even set up the Emperor's death ending the galaxy in the main rulebook

But how will GW sell its minis, then? Remember, all this fluff serves but one purpose. How can they have a big final battle and still sell figs? How can they ignore all the other factions and still sell those figs? How can they have the Imperium's loss be the end of all things if they still want to sell figs??
Does sadpanda's info extend out 5 years? Because a rumor i've heard is that they have no significant plans for 40k in the near future; but will once they sort out the AoS shitshow over the next several years.

>How can they have a big final battle and still sell figs? How can they ignore all the other factions and still sell those figs? How can they have the Imperium's loss be the end of all things if they still want to sell figs??
They Age of Sigmar it. The Emperor's death will cause a chaos apocalypse which is precisely what happened to Fantasy

I-I was hoping for ANOTHER answer, user...a better answer....

>i've heard is that they have no significant plans for 40k in the near future

Reality speaks for itself. Look at all the 40K releases that are progressing the storyline.

>But how will GW sell its minis, then?

Look at WHFB ET and AoS.

but that doesn't really matter. 40K isn't going AoS'ed, it's fluff is just moving forward a bit and then pausing.

Cadia getting blown up won't end the setting. It would just move the setting into a new status quo.

Aside from Abaddon being beaten by then, I like to think that when he sent Malefica Arkham off in the Planet Killer as a diversion, it was really a suicide mission. Since Arkham had already messed up badly earlier in the war - in one of the few Chaos defeats before the tide eventually turned - and BFG was, after all, the game that gave Abaddon a literal “You have failed me for the last time” rule.

Now with the talk of Eye of Terror, let us take a moment to remember the good times and all that stuff that totally happened.
This isn't specifically intended to relate to whatever Carnac's in a huff about, I just find it amusing.

>The Eye of Terror campaign will build on the Inquisitor game, Codex: Chaos Space Marines, the Index Astartes First Founding series, and Codex: Daemonhunters to show the power of Chaos in all its terrible glory. How the campaign concludes will have a big influence on the shape of things to come in the Fourth Edition of Warhammer 40,000.

>LONG-TERM EFFECTS
>The results of the Eye Of Terror campaign will direct the future of 40K. If the Imperium takes a hammering at the Cadian Gate, Mankind will be facing a dark time in which Chaos is ascendant and the Imperium crumbles ever faster. Chaos forces will be free to attack at will and even threaten the Earth itself. Across the galaxy, men will look up at the stars with fear and know that the Despoiler is unleashed and plotting their downfall. Segmentum Obscurus and Ultima Segmentum will start to fragment as Mankind loses hope in the distant Emperor and alien invasions devastate their worlds.

>If the Imperial forces win through in their darkest hour and resist the 13th Crusade, it will herald the dawn of a new age. With devotion to the Emperor at its height and the great enemy thrown back, the High Lords will have an opportunity to win back lost territories and unify the Imperium. Mighty crusades can be unleashed against threatening alien incursions, seeking to eradicate them at the source. There is even talk of reinstituting the Space Marine Legions or incepting new successor Chapters from the victors of the Cadian Gate.

>One way or another, the future is in your hands. Try not to drop it.

>Abaddon stands ready to plunge the Imperium into war, and the fate of the galaxy is in your hands. Should Cadia fall, the consequences will be dire indeed for Mankind. Your games will have a direct influence on the war for this beleaguered world, and the ultimate fate of the galaxy will be decided on the bloody fields of Cadia. The very soul of Mankind is at stake, and defeat on Cadia means a dark time for the people of the Imperium.

>• The way will now be open for the forces of Chaos to advance on Terra.
>• The millions of men and war materiel lost in the war will have a vast impact throughout the surrounding sectors.
>• The Eye of Terror will swell, engulfing many Imperial worlds.
>• It will be a crippling blow to Imperial morale throughout the galaxy.
>• Forces diverted to stem the tide of Chaos from the Eye will leave many other regions of the galaxy dangerously weakened.

>The future of the Imperium will be dramatically affected by the campaign fought around the Eye of Terror, and the ultimate fate of Mankind may hang in the balance. Victory for the forces of Chaos will plunge the Imperium into the darkest of times, leaving the Segmentum Solar open to attack. Scenting weakness, the enemies of Humanity will rise up and plunge the galaxy into a maelstrom of war from which it may never recover. But should the Imperium triumph and hurl the forces of the Despoiler back into the Eye of Terror, faith in the Emperor will surely rise like a phoenix from the flames, and renewed crusades shall spread out across the galaxy as the pious followers of the Imperial Creed push back the tide of heretics and aliens that threaten its very survival.

>There’s plenty to be fighting for, so get playing those games of Warhammer 40,000 and help decide the fate of the galaxy!

The Thirteenth got soft-retconned. Not hard. They have been slowly reintroducing events from that campaign for a while now. The Third Sphere Expansion happened (though that's been kind undone by setting space on fire). Craftworld Altansar still exists despite being a direct consequence of the 13th. Just recently one of the AdMec books mentioned the Ork's conquest of Mordax Prime and rechristening it MoreDakka Prime.

The big retcon is them saying that the 13th hasn't ended. The basic state of affairs that happened in the campaign are still happening. The detonation of St. Josmane's Hope. The destruction of Macharia by the Planet Killer. All that stuff still happened or is going to happen.

Since we are bitching about 13th Black Crusade, does anybody have the PDF of the results? Its been ages and it seems that its been scrubbed from the internet.

Yep, The results have been retconned. Also all those events you mentioned were retconned to have happened before the launching of the 13th Black Crusade. They are separate events to the 13th Black Crusade.

Obviously, they will take some inspiration from the past but the input of the new fluff will overshadow it. Heck, Eldard's motivation in EoT was to thwart the C'tan plots. As we know, the C'tan are no more. Furthermore, after "Death Masque", the Eldar are in no position to do anything.

Then there are the Necrons. In their current incarnation, they have no reason to be in the Cadian sector. They have no dog in that fight and they have the Tyranids to worry about.

There you go

Where are the BFG results at?

You're joking, but I actually think the 13th black crusade ending in failure could be really interesting lorewise.

these ones?

If anything it would just be a "uses the rules of AoS" and a time jump to say 41,500 to justify the new models

>41,500 to justify the new models

You mean 42.

The 40K timeline stops at 999 41K.

Lower army size (more so thanks to the point system)
easier rules
the factions aren't idiots to justify team ups

>But he didn't fail and neither of his crusades fail.
the battlefleet gothic game is all about how he's a massive pawn and totally fails because of some rookie fucked his shit up

The Gothic Game is not canon. You would figure that out by just three things

1-The C'tan being behind the Gothic War.
2-Abaddon in-game story managing to gain control over the Fortresses without having the Hand of Darkness and the Eye of Night.
3-OC character never mentioned in the fluff despite his crucial involvement in the whole thing

1 a C'tan was alway behind it
2 they did retcon it to be just power ups
3 they explain it was because he worked for the inquisition

>1 a C'tan was alway behind it

A-Shards are just feral things.
B-The Fortresses are not what sharded the C'tan and destroyed them. A C'tan shard, putting aside that most of them are mindless ragey things, wouldn't care about the Fortresses.

C'tan with their new backstory couldn't be behind the Gothic War.

>2 they did retcon it to be just power ups

They did not. They butchered the lore because they wrote themselves into a corner.

In the fluff, the actual GW fluff, Abaddon had to use the two relics to awaken and control the Fortresses. The game gives no explanation how he managed to do it without them. This is really shitty of the devs. Shows that they don't respect the source material.

>3 they explain it was because he worked for the inquisition

Lies. You lie to me.

He becomes a top notch admiral and sailed around. Even if he worked with the inquisition or whatever, what stops the him being in the BFG lore before.

You bending backwards for a shitty game just to spite Abaddon.

I remember everyone who said that last time.

>age of empz
>having more females instead of less females

GW still thinks girls have cooties. You should have seen Kirby's rant in the last chairman's preamble. Anything resembling a female will be squatted.

>Kirby's rant in the last chairman's preamble.

You can't see this and not give a link.

say*

>FFG will no longer promote 40k setting
>the only way to bring people's attention to it is start new ET
kek

Thank you much.