40k general

Autistic Shitposting And You edition

previous thread >Rules databases
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

>FAQ’s and Errata (outdated but official)
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s).
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

> The Black Library(Stay the fuck away from the clowns)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

> Space 0Din's glorious work
dropbox.com/s/lsx27fo3rq2x7tk/Codex - Orks 7th Edition Update [Space Odin](2016).pdf?dl=0

>Not

Autistic Shitposting And (You) edition.

First for Lascannons are now Assault 7

WAAAGH

>Assault Army
>Don't WAAAGH

Havoc launchers on rhinos worth it in this day and age? Casual games of course

I heard Termagant is another name for Allah, is this true?

Thanks Allah!

They do alright, don't expect to be impressed by them but if the rhino is still alive on turn 2 they'll probably make their points back.

What can you tell me about Tempestus?

Just dl their codex and read for yourself, or ask more specific questions you nong.

If I took their mask off would they die?

They don't do enough damage with their alpha strike to make up for their lack of bodies and tanks. Take them as an allied detachment, not as the bulk of your army.

Where are the Horvigon and Garvigon?

>Guard are a shooty army
>BS3

anyone got?

where you guys go for scans?

>Tau are a shooting army
>Bs3

>sisters are an army
>no update in the last 15 years

>Chaos Space Marines are a Space Marine army
>No ATSKNF

>Space wolves arent heretics
>Harbour mutant werewoofs in their ranks

Reminder that going back to CSM 3.5 would no longer be anywhere close to broken under the current ruleset.

>40k is a game
>it is not fun

>Tempestus are an army
>5 types of units

>This is a discussion general
>Memes

To get back on track, post pictures of your warlord and tell us how tough he is. Does he perform well? Does he earn back his points, or does he die like a chump to the first Lascannon shot?

>Talks about going back to 3.5 ed chaos
>Posts the cover art from the worst chaos book ever written

Try the OP in the horus heresy general.

>hates the way this thread is going
>posts two lines of greentext

I used to have a massive HQ range of characters for my 5th ed codex Necrons: 27 crypteks, 10 lords and an Overlord.

Then suddenly 7th codex comes out, nukes the HQ section to remove most of the options and make most of what's left shit. Pretty much just Orikan and D-Lords are any good other than taking a bare bones Cryptek as a minimalist tax.

Killed my enthusiasm for playing the army, honestly. And after I found out I basically couldn't lose because everything else's durability was buffed into the stratosphere even without the idiot superformation, I just gave up on the faction.

Not much for now for any of them (Fireblade, Ethereal, Commander) yet. I've some ideas for the Sept, but not for important individuals. I think I will search for some non-stereotypical Soviet/Chinese commissar for the Ethereal. Commander would be a Soviet general or Chinese warlord, and I have no idea about the Cadre Fireblade yet.

I'm not familiar with the 3rd ed CSM codex what differed from the 3.5 version?

Ridiculously survivable Bodyguard fiercely protects the Ethereal from the worst blows while the Etheral spams storm of fire.

He does pretty well for himself. Usually travels with a pack of spawn. Although he has a nasty habit of turning into a daemon prince via boons. I've started to think I need to do up daemon prince model that has bike bits fused into his body.

Anyone got the traitors hate pdf? The epub in the database is fucking trash.

3rd ed codexes were very basic and lacking in options for a number of armies. The chaos book was essentially marines -1 similar to chaos is now. Weapon and unit selection was diabolical and most things were over costed while underperforming. Unique chaos units were limited to the cult troops and obliterators. Even compared to the bland lacklustre armies of the time chaos was considered very weak. The 3.5 book was rushed out afterwards to fix multiple issues along with new assault rules.

>The epub in the database is fucking trash.
Formatting problems?

So I'm not a guard player but we all recognize DKoK and Steel Legion are fucking awesome.

If you have a bad ass guard unit post it!

Points for Valhalla, Tallarn, and Vostroyan.

Bonus points for Savlar Chem dogs, ratskins and other not officially produced regiments and based "your dudes. "

Seems like it. I can't even read it properly in epub readers and no converter will work, it seems corrupted or something.

This will have to work for now.

posted this today in the wip general.

im too poor for the kriegs so i have to make my donut steel regiment to use along with my steel legion.

Use Picarto fampai.

thanks bruh

Use kobo you dumb fucker

Yeah forgeworld costs $TEXAS.

Looks great though!

3.5 had flavor. Rules for all of the traitor legions.
I know this comes up time and time again, but I still don't know why they can do it for loyalists but making a sort of "chapter tactics" for CSMs is beyond them.

Hell, they wouldn't have to really be legion-specific. General dedications or something beyond the marks that get the idea across.

Powers out. Were supposed to try out kill team an hour after sunset. Might as well Bolt myself. How much "better" have CSMs been treated in this format? SEEMS LIKE Fearless is kind of a big deal for break tests. I was supposed to bring AM myself.

How do I equip these guys

>be kharn
>be 10,000 year old champion of the god of war
>be in countless battles, killed unfathomable amounts of people and other things
>still not an eternal warrior
>yet some 50 year old cuck marine captain has eternal warrior
what did gw mean by this?

Every army wants regimental doctrines/craftworld paths/tau sept bonuses/orders militant/hivefleets whatever. And there isn't really a good reason why they can't do it for all of them.

>be Kharn
>get killed every few years
>complain about not having eternal warrior

Memories.

It is annoying that there are space marines in cool ranch and spicy nacho.

Honestly if you want to play marines with nit noid specialties and USR's sprinkled all over them, 30k is the better alternative.

Both ends of games workshop don't need whole studios dedicated to giving marines special snowflake ammunition, rules and units.

I'd rather see more exploration of eldar craft worlds, tyranid hive fleets, Tau auxiliaries, IG regiments, and ork WAAUGGHHS than CSM getting more fleshed out. The setting doesn't need it, and the game is always going to have broken bullshit. If CSM aren't it, sorry I guess?

Convert some hades autocannon rapiers, get some vindicators and obliterators, and some skull cannons and get shooting.

>get killed every few years
>yet still be alive
>somehow not eternal warrior

GW doesnt really care for rules of even lore at this point.

Just selling more toy-looking minis to 12 year olds.

If you still like Warhammer 40k move to Forge World and play with your own headcanon rules

Eternal warrior isn't for being brought back from the dead by Chaos Gods, it's for not dying in the first place.

kharn has never died

That actually sounds pretty fucking neato

H dog is down

I repeat

H dog is down

Is the deathwatch codex floating around the web yet?

I guess she didn't have the Eternal Jew special rule.

The Siege of Terra would like a word with you

>some fag called the don a lightweight in the last thread

>hillary passes out at the 9/11 memorial hours later

pottery

if he died then why is he alive?

for example, siggy died. thats why hes dead.

sanguinass died, thats why hes dead.

kharn died??? thats why hes alive???

why does siggy have eternal warrior in 30k if he died?

Forgeworld still has that chapter approved feel to me where it's more about the hobby. Their campaigns just play in the setting and I think they're pretty well written. The intro to the first Tau book was rad; some imperial bureaucrat discovered a tax irregularity in the once in a couple hundred years audit, discovered folks were fraudulently trafficking goods with aliens, sent in some marines, and the whole thing escalated from there. Arbites and planetary militia get involved, there's maps, it's awesome! They do good work over at FW, I wish GW followed suit.

The lack of good artwork, the pictures of the studio minis for the unit entries...a lot of the GW releases in the past couple years have been pretty aesthetically dead. I miss the moody black and white codices with a brief hobby section and a bunch of artwork and fluff for inspiration.

I will say the time lines they put out are cool. There a ton of cool little one or two sentence mini stories that would great jumping off points and have good examples of how to play with setting.

shes got frog flu

that bitch gotta die

Lucius the Eternal dies like a chump like its his job and he is still alive. Chaos is a hell of a drug

FW is what GW was long ago.

FW is where all the enthusiasts that worked for GW went (those who didnt give GW the middle finger, that is)

FW is the last bastion for warhammer

In fact I suspect FW paints the models badly and does poor showcases for a reason, because GW doesnt let them. Because a lot of people would migrate from GW to FW

He died on Terra. They dug his body from a pile of dead Imperial Fists

Oh my gods...

if he died then why is he alive? :^)

is it perhaps because he is a warrior who lives eternally? :^)

>FW purposefully paints models badly to keep people out of muh sekrit club
Fucking hell FWfags are ridiculous.

If Forge World starts showcasing the entirety of their armies, painting models like the Eavy Metal team, fixing their website so it looks better, etc.. There would be a massive migration from GW, because FW provides what 40k fans like and always liked.

That or there would be massive complains towards GW

You genuinely think there would be a mass migration to FW, with the prices you have to pay for FW stuff? Seriously?

>there would be a massive migration to a company that sells Guardsmen squads for $80 if they just had galleries of painted models

No, he is a warrior that lives in intermittent periods separated by sections of death. Compared to to others with EW who have managed to not die at all.

>Compared to to others with EW who have managed to not die at all.
siggy had eternal warrior. howd that work out against abbadonian?

>eternal warrior means you can never die
Cool, from now on whenever my captain loses his last wound I'll tell my opponent this and leave the model on the table.

So, looking at the new chaos formations, and i have a question:

Cultist: is there any point in giving them marks

Khorne gave him a spittle-laced mouth to mouth while the Legion was flying off into the sunset.

then kharn should have a special rule where he cant die.

you know, since he cant die and has never died

What army to you think is the most aesthetically pleasing

How's the scheme? And the current name is the Nova Guardians.

Dark eldar have some cracking models. I wish I could paint well enough to do them justice.

Dark Angels

is that red or brown

But user your own book tells you what factions are the REAL space marine factions
>you don't see Veterans of the Long War giving you Hatred (Chaos Space Marines)

Brown, according to the paint chart, it's modern GW's XV-88, Old Terracotta.

Angels of Vengeance do it better for me.

>2000 points worth of conscripts

>be kharn
>favored son of strongest god
>favored so much, that if I get chumped and die he literally brings me back to life
>50 year old loyalists on the other hand when they die are deader than disco, which canonically I never heard of.

>painting 2000 points worth of conscripts

Can that even fit in a deployment zone?

but why would you want that?
>you opponent deploys a knight warden
Spray and dip brah, spray and dip

And that matters for Veeky Forums why?

He had one reply, you could have just ignored it.

Because I was arguing with some faggot and wanted him to see it

mind your own business homo

I'm just not sure what he means exactly.
Who the fuck is H-dog, and how do they relate to Veeky Forums? Did someone die in the new blood Angels supplements, hence why he posted Dante?

fuck off nigger

>Cultist: is there any point in giving them marks

Absolutely not. They are best used as cheap meat bags to hold objectives.

Fuck off faggot. Don't bring unrelated arguments to here. Keep them on the board they belong.