/swg/ - Rapid Deployment Edition

Post about X-Wing, Armada, FFG's Star Wars RPGs, d6, d20 (Saga), movies, shows, books, comics, vidya, lego, lore and everything else Star Wars related

Previous Thread: Fantasy Flight Games’ X-Wing and Star Wars: Armada Miniatures Games
>pastebin.com/Wca6HvBB

Fantasy Flight Games’ Star Wars RPG System (EotE/AoR/FaD)
>pastebin.com/wCRBdus6
>mega.nz/#!DkNTDTyZ!PUupCOep4RmRcsgI3rNhU_Pk_xcyFbYWnhrq8gwrVv0

Other Fantasy Flight Games Star Wars Tabletop (Imperial Assault and the Star Wars LCG)
>pastebin.com/ZkpXpbJ1

Fantasy Flight Games Dice App (Works with X-Wing, Armada, the Star Wars RPG system and Imperial Assault)
>mediafire.com/download/64xy3uy6vepll8v/com.fantasyflightgames.swdice.ver.1.1.4.build.9.apk

Older Star Wars Tabletop (d6, d20/Saga, etc.)
>pastebin.com/wXP0LdyJ

Reference Materials & Misc. Resources
>pastebin.com/AGFFkSin

All Canon Novels and Comics (via /co/)
>mega.co.nz/#F!2R5kDTqQ!WfrDla-jvDIn05U57T9hhQ

Just What IS Canon Anyways?
>starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Canon#2014_reboot
>starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_of_canon_media

The Clone Wars Viewing Guide
>img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1442/36/1442364889994.png

Writefaggotry
>pastebin.com/cJY5FK9T

Shipfag's hangar
>drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByhAdnTlOKOeQnA4SFByUC1aQWM&usp=sharing

HoTAC
>dockingbay416.com/campaign/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=S06nIz4scvI
youtube.com/watch?v=kipQR6NcbEc
starwars-armada.wikia.com/wiki/Home_One_Expansion_Pack
starwars-armada.wikia.com/wiki/MC80_Assault_Cruiser
starwars-armada.wikia.com/wiki/MC80_Command_Cruiser
twitter.com/AnonBabble

There's a mediafire link in the pastebin right above it.

Op's Book Repository Mega link only takes me to the force and Destiny core how do I view the rest of the Repository?

Does anyone have a link to the website of the gentleman making Clone Wars X-wing material?

I talked to him a few mounths ago on here but stupidity forgot to bookmark anything.

How much cash per session do you give your players /swg/?

In what? Edge of the empire or saga or something else? What time period? Remember that everything is more decedant (expensive) the closer to the core you are. What was the job(s)?

Edge of the Empire. Standard setting (between IV and V) Players are average joe smugglers that have completed the intro premades and a few other jobs, but have stated they want to trick out their ships.

Who are they working for? Keep in mind in the mid to outer rim, people may not have credits as value, but goods or services. Imperial currency is only good for Imperial taxes, because you cant drink credits on tatooine. Have them work for someone who offers them a go at their scrapyard, or offers the more illicit services of a mechanic's shop. This could keep them happy with aftermarket upgrades, especially of the power converters they just smuggled could really amp up the juice on the quadlasers.

Otherwise think about a good "owe a favor" system. Let the players build a network of people in particular places that owe them a debt.

Once they realize they can get past a cargo inspection because they helped the local governor with a mistress "problem" they may not want hard currency.

As a rule though, i try not to payout more than about 5k credits total in the course of a session. If they have too much raw money they may stop caring about plot hooks.

Favors are nice, and throwback is helpfull, but ious dont pay that hutt the money you owe him for dumping the spice.

Things to think about.

I have a,system ive been working on for a while. It also takes place between 4 and 5, and is kind of involved. It has a lot to do with the rebellion realizing that they got lucky with the first deathstar, and that they need more firepower to go up against the next superweapon, since snubfighters cant do everything.

I planned to have them travel to the worlds of the former CIS and see if any old clonewars tech is still out of official hands.

The stops include muunilist the home of the banking clan, now subjugated to be the new center of the imperial banking network (IBN) to look through old records provided by a former CIS sympathizer.

Next stop Geonosis, looking for the droid activation and running code for the old CIS droid cruisers to see if it could be applied in a similar way to a katana fleet concept. Slave rigging and droid brains for dayz. Im using the post virus bombing geonosis, mass extenction by imperial hands geonosis. Just sand and whispers of the past.

Cont on next post, if you have ideas or concepts to share, please do. I need help flushing this out.

On geonosis, they will find activation codes that will lead to a reactivation of several former hive warehouse and storage facilities. Droids once again march the surface of geonosis and begin attacking an imperial mining/archaeological fort near the old poggle hive. I was thinking of having them choose between bugging out and saving the miners.

From there they can jump out system to ryloth or tatooine, nearby worlds where they can see (and fight) the roaring slave market. They can choose to make or break underworld contacts here since the criminal empires like black sun like slave trade, but the rebellion is a free/abolitionist movement.

By the same token there could be on planet unalligned abolitionist movments (Twileks for a Free Ryloth? TFR) that could also make a great network for the rebellion and the players, since slaves know a lot about their master's goings on and buisnesses...

Why is Ezra so overpowered?

Because he is a protagonist

Because he got to start with both a mentor and a holocron. His player whores himself out at every chance for roleplaying XP he can and the GM eats that shit up.

how many U-wings are there, and why did they stop using them?

Question for you all- What's the cheapezst way to get 4 Tie Fighters? I want to expand my collection from 4 to 8 TIE fighters, but I don't see any of them on ebay, and I don't want to buy 2 core sets.

What would you suggest?

Cuz it appears to be some sort of troop transport/gunship and wouldn't have been much help at Hoth (probably too cold) or Endor (for obvious reasons)

At least in the movies, I don't really see a point where they would need them. The Alliance was on the defense in ANH and ESB, and in ROTJ the Endor strike time was more concerned with stealth than raw manpower.

Buy two core sets, then sell/gift the rest.
EBay is usually more expensive than its worth unless you want the blue ones from the carrier.

4 tie expansions is about $20 less than 2 core sets.

We don't know if they ever stopped using them, as they are being added in 2016 to a setting that is nearly 40 years old, and we never really saw much of Rebel troop operations during the Original Trilogy in the first place. In ESB, they were already on the ground and then fleeing the planet, and in RotJ, they made their insertion utilizing the captured Lambda.

I speculate that the Rebels use U-wings as rapid insertion troop-landers, like LAAT/i gunships. Since they probably have hyperdrives as well, they could be sent in quickly and relatively quietly to drop off any necessary troops, skirt the area to avoid getting shot down, retrieve the men once the job is done or shit goes south, and then get out of there as quickly as possible. Since they're much smaller and much more maneuverable than GR-75s, I'd imagine the Rebels would be putting them to use for covert, small-scale, and 'delicate' missions.

Only if you buy at MSRP. If you get it online, or on Amazon for example, the core sets are much more worthwhile.

Yeah, the only time the rebels come close to needing a ship in that role is in ROTJ, and the mission parameters mean they need to use a captured imperial shuttle instead. They aren't strike craft like Ys or Xs, so they would have had no reason to go out at Yavin, and the Rebels didn't need to insert troops on Hoth.

I mean, shit, in the early EU, how did rebel soldiers get around? Just captured imperial shuttles?

I already have the ones from the Carrier, and I remember their being pairs of core set ties on ebay for under $20, and I'm wondering where they went.

And I don't like selling stuff on Ebay. it's tedious.

Don't let your players gamble themselves into 41,000 credits on session 1 and you'll be fine.

can they use a U-wing like a huey?

youtube.com/watch?v=S06nIz4scvI

I always thought they used the gr75 for most of their troop movements and stole what they needed for smaller missions

It has a door gunner, as far as we know, at least.

>I mean, shit, in the early EU, how did rebel soldiers get around? Just captured imperial shuttles?
I'm guessing the Rebellion might have saved many a smuggler's career. Some of them must've owned their own ships anyhow, that shit's ridiculously common in the SW universe,

I figured it was a mix of nebulons, corvettes and !notFalcons
>Fortunate Son Intensifies

sup /swg/ I found out that the $12 playmats I can make are actually pretty good, so-long as you don't use too much black ink. (the printer starts to run out towards the end...)

What's a good idea for a playmat? What's a funny one? Pic related was the one I made as a test run, and I want to make some more.

One over hoth or the surface of the death star might be cool.

I'm pretty sure it was said somewhere that the rebels actually used some knockoff lambdas along with leftover clone war stuff.
That "somewhere" is probably not canon anymore though.

... ... ...

user... I could kiss you.

I'm pretty sure rebels bringing their own ships to the party has been part of the EU for a long time. Many of the early Z-95s were privately owned, and the rebs even had a few Imperial ships from defectors and theft.

You mean "It Ain't Sheev?"

Plz no

I probably should have said "how do they actually land troops on a planet" instead. You're not doing a tactical fucking landing in a Nebulon.

But I know that Legends is crawling in like, stormtrooper barges and assault shuttles and landers for the Imps. Hell, TFA has both those First Order landers and the resistance shuttle... though the Resistance's shuttlecraft seems like its basically a canonical ugly, some poor bastard striped down a B-Wing airframe and bolted a couple of troop modules on the front.

Well, Rebels using refitted LAATs has been a thing since the classic Battlefront II era. Seems reinforced by Forged in Battle, too.

What about a nebula or something like Sullust?

!notFalcons and GR-75s then, as well as whatever they stole/retrofitted.

>"I ain't no senate's son"

>not wanting to do combat landings in a gr75

You misunderstand, those are *Serious* playmats. I want extra retarded playmats.

I will make one Death Star trench though.

You could do star trek ships in the background and a giant star trek logo in the non-play zone. Or do hogwarts in the background.

Dakimakura playmat.

Current suggestions I have are

1. - Spaghetti in the 3x3, and the leftover zone is pictures of eminem with spaghetti pouring out of his mouth

2. - Black Science Man galaxy shots, and Bill Nye in the 6"x3' area.

3. - Shitty space wallpapers

4. - Space Jam logo in front of a galaxy.

I'm kinda bad with PS, although I do have one guy who is good with it in my group for making stuff.

>Space Jam logo in front of a galaxy.
FUND IT

um

3 steps ahead of you. I actually pirated the Blu-ray copy of Spaceballs to take higher resolution screenshots.

This is next to the printer.

What do I put in the leftover area though?

COME ON AND SLAM AND WELCOME TO THE JAM

Copyrighted material

So just pictures of creepy/cring Michael Jordan, or?

A Giant close-up of Porkins
TR-8R tiled in an 8x8 pattern
The entire mat's image is a jumbled smattering of scale-accurate tokens of all types
facepalm.jpg

Goatse

>The entire mat's image is a jumbled smattering of scale-accurate tokens of all types
I completely lost it when I read that

I actually had this idea, but with measuring templates, dice, upgrade cards, and base inserts as well.

if you're buying discounted coree sets you can get discounted expansions too.

if you only want extra ties 4 expansions is the cheapest way to go if you can't find any second hand.

as far as I've seen miniaturemarket.com has the cheapest expansions at $11 apiece.

Maybe, I'd just do the text.

I meant how should the text be placed? just plain block letters?

Whatever font they used for the title on the DVD.

It doesn't say that on the DVD cover.

The logo isn't a font, it's just a stylized logo.

I'd throw in illicit goods as payment ad well. Sure, you could offload that crate of not-quite-new blaster rifles here, but did you know that you could get much more per unit just a couple of systems over? Of course there is a reason that the locals over there are willing to pay twice the price, but if you've got the stones to try it....fortune favors the bold after all.

Fugg. I guess block text

Here's my WiP, now what do I put in the borders?

>not buying Spaceballs
>not funding Yogurt's addiction to Liquid Schwartz

The ABT is mostly there so Zeb isn't useless in the end game. I used to play the build without the ABT there and he was pretty much worthless as an end game ship. Instead aces can't stand to get into range one.

Also people tend to forget that you can undock him early. I got a Whisper tailing me by undocking Zeb and put two damage into her.

Dick out for Harambe.

Haarhhamm Biee

I'm trying to come up with a pilot ability that makes sense for Gavin Darklighter in X-Wing. In the books he's a young hotshot who earns the title of "worst pilot in Rogue Squadron" by having the lowest kill count, but afterwards distinguishes himself as a dependable ace.

>After you perform an attack that does not hit, if you are not stressed, you may receive a stress token to perform a second attack against that target.

>Until you perform an attack that does not hit, you may treat your pilot skill as 12 during the combat phase.

>When attacking with a primary weapon, you may roll an additional attack die. If you do, after the modify attack dice step, for each blank result remaining, receive a stress token.

I forgot to include I'm looking to have him at PS5.

I hate how utterly minimalist Rebels is in the firepower of vehicles and starships. I mean, I don't want Saxtonian bullshit powerlevels, but this shit is ridiculous too.

At least that's something J. J. got right.

>too much black ink.
Well shit

From what I'm seeing in the season 3 trailers, he's going to get even more ridiculous.

youtube.com/watch?v=kipQR6NcbEc

Is that Charles Barkley?

Yes

Hey guys it's Charles Barkley! Do you wanna play ball mister Barkley?

What's your biggest pet peeve in storytelling? Mine's alien invasions, or extragalactic invasions in Star Wars' case.

>Challenge Time

Stat your Shipfu for Armada

How many credits do you think the Hutts would have as a standard bribe for a star destroyer captain? Specifically for turning a blind eye to smuggling/slaving/all the fun hutt stuff

i doubt there'd be a standard. it'd be something decided on a case by case basis based on how big if anybbribes the captain has talen before and just how much the hutt actually has.

how about home one?

Already done - it's the appropriately named Home One expansion.

starwars-armada.wikia.com/wiki/Home_One_Expansion_Pack
starwars-armada.wikia.com/wiki/MC80_Assault_Cruiser
starwars-armada.wikia.com/wiki/MC80_Command_Cruiser

because he's a cartoon.

Everything in that show follows cartoon laws of physics.

Considering they nearly appeared in the Clone Wars and Lucasfilm is already mining the EU pretty hard it is almost certain the Vong reappear in some form.

It has fallen to you, /swg/, to reintroduce them but make them good (quality wise, not morality wise).

How do you do it?

Hard mode: Suggest something that Disney would approve

is home one any good?

I use credits as a carrot on a stick. Giving them just enough to get them to go where I want them to.

Its outright firepower is decent though not specially powerful for the cost. Its real strength comes from its titles, which is useful.
It goes well with ackbar and another broadsides.

i spent so much of my life and money on X-wing, but armada is calling out to me, should i give in to the FFG side and spend cash on it?

Fair enough, I just got the impression there's quite a few imperials deep in the pockets of the hutts in and around hutt space

Oh there's probably lots in the pocket of the hutts, but they're not exactly going to be talking too their colleagues about how much they're being bribed.

Sup' Veeky Forums

I'm looking for buying into Star Wars Armada, the upcoming Corellian Campaign pushed my decision.

Do you have any advice for a new player ? (Imperial)

>Vong
Oh Christ no.

>How do you do it
Keep Scut, the best Mercy Kill Wraith.

Remove the BDSM bullshit and the Force immunity that every writer managed to circumvent anyway. Visually redesign them, reduce unnecessary spiky bits. Tone down power levels to the point where they don't commit bullshit genocides every weekend. Overall, make their threat level equal to the Legends Empire, but differently flavored.

For the overall story arc, throw the NJO idiot ball out the window. Make Team Skywalker consistently competent and lethal, but so undermanned that they still struggle to fight fires across the galaxy. Remove the "muh Palpatine and Thrawn prepper" bullshit and the Imperial apologists it spawned. Early phases of the war focus on subterfuge, stealth, and research as Wraith Squadron and other NRI teams fight a shadow war against Vong scouts. Gradually escalate the conflict and the NR's response, tech, and weapons. StealthXs and XJs return, along with lots of new ships. Ramp up the Poe hype while Rey and Finn take a back seat. Bring back the Stackpole Rogues and Allston Wraiths. Bring back Mara Jade, Kyle Katarn, Booster Terrik, Pellaeon, Fel, Talon Karrde, the Lando-bots, and all the other old Legends favorites. No bullshit name changes or mere backstory similarities. Bring back the real deal. Give it a happy ending--a New Republic that comes out of the fight bloodied but more united, with its corruption burned away and its military more powerful and battle-hardened than ever. Luke, Mara, and their nucanon kid get to be a goddamn family. Poe and his surviving teammates become part of this generation's Rogues. Pellaeon and Fel lead the true Empire into a silver age and help stamp out the last dregs of Vong and First Order sympathizers. Chewie lives, Wedge lives, Wedge's kids live, Lando lives, Vulkan lives, and everyone important goes home with a few more scars and medals.

Borsk also comes back and gets the death he deserves.

Yes, but look around and make sure you have players in your area first. Nothing sucks more than sinking money into ships you only get to play with sporadically.

Keep in mid there's a campaign box due *INSERT DATE HERE* so you can try to snag people with the power of organized play.

>That picture

I told myself I'd only get the Art of the Force Awakens but here I am eyeing the Rogue One book also damnit.

Upcoming X-wing Tournament:
>no duplicate ships
>no unique anything (pilots, EPT's etc...)
>100 pts

What list can I bring which will wreck face? I was thinking a trio of Imperial higher-PS generics with Veteran Instinct giving me a list of PS7 and 8 guys.

>Rebel Detected.

Though, I'll say one thing. Absolutely agree with you on Borsk. There's never been better proof that a democracy involving millions of different species and cultures will never work.

How about something like
Royal Guard Pilot — TIE Interceptor 22
Push the Limit 3
Stealth Device 3
Autothrusters 2
Royal Guard TIE 0
Ship Total: 30

Glaive Squadron Pilot — TIE Defender 34
Veteran Instincts 1
Tractor Beam 1
Stealth Device 3
TIE/D 0
Ship Total: 39

Gamma Squadron Veteran — TIE Bomber 19
Veteran Instincts 1
Extra Munitions 2
Proton Torpedoes 4
Cluster Missiles 4
Guidance Chips 0
Ship Total: 30

Change ordnance on bomber too taste. PS6 7 and 8.