Zoids Roleplaying Game

Anyone have any rulesets for Zoids tabletop or RP games?

If I can't find a good one then I was thinking of undertaking the most retarded thing I've ever done and make a Zoids module for Battletech because I feel like the movement and shooting rules are the closest analogue to what I want that I can think of. Plus I love the thought of using different Zoid variants the same way there are mech chassis variants in BTTT. Give's me a nice big boner.

Other urls found in this thread:

zoids.wikia.com/wiki/Zoids_Sprite_Gallery
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

You gonna add in all those wolves?

Sounds like a fucking chore but I'd be very interested if you got it done.

Bad organization, but yeah, kinda.

I'm thinking more like pic related. For the first edition or whatever I'd just focus on New Century since I feel like it is the most simple format for Zoid battles so that rules out a few of those variants.

Here, zoids.wikia.com/wiki/Zoids_Sprite_Gallery , stop at Fuzors, because I don't want to muddy up my potential game.

>Modding BT
Good fucking luck OP, seriously. Good luck.

I don't think it would be too bad. Keep all of the major mechanics and change some of the weapons and of course replace the mechs with Zoids.

Schneider, Panzer, Command Wolf, and Shadow Fox are GOAT.

Zaber Fang is highly underrated

hell yea

lurking

It wasn't the only one.

I don't know, Lightning Saix was pretty popular iirc

I feel like that's saying Shadow Fox was underrated

OP here, I guess I'm going for the BT module. Wish me luck and plenty of Adderall.

good luck op, may the adderall gods bless you with laser focus

Post progress if you make any

Maybe i'm just remembering things differently, but it always seemed to job when things actually counted.

i would play the fuck out of a zoids game, whats the best system for this?

BT shouldn't be too hard, other than finding the correct analogue. The system has built-in mech creation, including quad mechs. You may want to build the zoids as you think they should be, then adjust for tonnage, heat and speed, or modify them to your liking.

I totally forgot about quad mechs!! Thanks bro!

Quad mechs in BT are seriously disadvantaged compared to bipeds.

Just trying to build these is a nightmare. you'd think quads would have more critical space in the torsos. Oh man.

Yeah but if everyone is quadmech is it an issue?

are you supposed to paint japanese models or not?

It kinda is, because as said by , quads have serious space issues. They can't mount very much in the way of guns, and their weight is at a premium.

Japanese model kits are piss easy compared to everyone else, especially bandai. most modern kits only need paint for small details, everything else is color separated by parts, unless you want to customize it of course.

I've painted them before. They come already colored as the model comes cast in multiple colors of plastic. They are already properly colored but fine detail requires painting.

Example: Before Paint

After Paint

Just realized the Gun Sniper is bipedal, Sweet, arm mounts! FUCK! I Forgot Leena's fucking Gun Sniper oh Fuck me.

So I'm just very loosely making builds for these Zoids. Some of them, the Gun Sniper mainly, can not under any circumstances field its full loadout of weapons under BT rules. That sniper rifle in the tail is just way too heavy to fit on a "25 ton" chassis. BUT, this is my progress so far.

Just trying to keep it vague so I can go back and decide which weapons are which. Zoids weapon loadouts are a bit hard to translate into BT weaponry.

I had a pretty fantastic time using Mechton for a not!Zoids game.

Thats why my ctrl-f failed.

Anyway Mekton Zeta is exactly what you want. Read it. You'll notice that mechs are built like you'd build a zoid. Its a great system.

As someone who has had a few Mekton games under their belt I would highly recommend using something else for the characters and mekton for the mechs.

Oh shit, for it was "Mekton"

But seriously, need a mech based game? MTZ has rules for it. Zoids are right there. They even have excel sheets for making/customizing your mechs and weapons.

I was actaully googling this after posting. I was hoping to find news of Mekton zero but that still looks to be limbo.
On the other hand I found out that Gundam senki is getting translated. Which is essentially the latest version of those rules with all kinds of improvements.

If someone could take the Gundam Senki rules to Mekton Zeta and combines them and releases a new version we'd be all set for the perfect mech system.

They'd probably finish it before Mekton zero ever fucking comes out too.

I want this so desperately bad.

Seconding, I had no idea how much I wanted this.

Did anyone else like the UK Marvel Zoids with the Red and Blue and then other factions? I found that pretty damn fantastic, my introduction to Zoids and then when I get into properly, it's all changed!