Things you should know

Just dropping a little knowledge about Bitcoin Cash that a lot of people don't know. Let's talk about instant transactions!

Did you know that 0-conf instant transactions (2-10 seconds) are possible with Bitcoin Cash? While these transactions are not 100% safe they are 99.99% reliable (much more reliable than visa or paypal chargebacks or fraud). For any regular commerce this works fine and that means that on BCH you can have instant payments.

Can't BTC do this also?
Nope! With BTCs full blocks and their RBF (replace by fee) feature that BCH removed, it is not safe to accept payments that have not been confirmed.

The more you know!

Other urls found in this thread:

raw.githubusercontent.com/petertodd/replace-by-fee-tools/master/doublespend.py
bitdoubler.io/faq.html
reddit.com/r/btc/comments/6rj5eb/where_is_bitcoin_cash_github/
reddit.com/r/litecoin/comments/63cgfc/my_letter_to_chinese_miners_and_pool_operators_on/
trustnodes.com/2017/12/08/sbi-group-backs-bitcoin-cash-used-globally-daily-payments
twitter.com/yoriko09/status/924086794102042624
cointelegraph.com/news/litecoin-set-to-approach-200-in-monster-rally
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Thanks Roger, just bought 5 sats

Good! That will be $5 in 3 years. Except dollars won't matter because BCH will be a global currency accepted everywhere by then. Use those 5 sats to buy lunch.

most of us are already on board..
the rest are just trading shitcoins or bleeding

Getting really nervous are we?

nice just sold 100k Bcash

how about litecoin compared to this coin tho?
>why "this coin" > litecoin?

>buy my bags

If this is a serious question I will answer it.

LTC is essentially just a copy of BTC with 2.5min blocks (4x faster than BTC 10min blocks). LTC is going to scale the same way as BTC through the Lightning Network.

LTC is just a cheaper version of BTC with a different name.

BCH is doing on-chain scaling which was the original design of Bitcoin.

lol its not a serious question. the core shills have changed strategies again. they realize they cant win on scaling fundamentals, and attacking personalities like roger and jihan isnt working.
new tactic started 1-2 days ago, shill litecoin hard as the coin to actually use in trade since BTC is now useless for anything but speculative holding

Luke Jr said on twitter today that he thinks BCH is better for trading than LTC.

Eat a dick. Fuck Btrash

LOL enjoy russian miners raping your 0-conf

>because someone is totally going to spend hundreds of thousands of dollars attacking the network to double spend a $100 purchase
I said 0-conf is safe for normal commerce. If you are transfering 100k then obviously you wait for confirmations. Nice FUD though.

you're delusional if you think bitcoin will replace fiat

yeah alright sorry dont need a miner

raw.githubusercontent.com/petertodd/replace-by-fee-tools/master/doublespend.py

protip: this tool work without rbf

> you're delusional if you think bitcoin will be $1000

I appreciate the answer even though he wasn't serious. Your effort did not go to waste.

>the total knowledge in the world increase

prove it

" bch already went through a hard fork. ltc has gone through 0"

why is it still better? thinking of diversifying my assets into bch for a longtime now.

> bch already went through a hard fork. ltc has gone through 0
Is that really your basis on valuing cryptos? I could hard fork LTC next month as a solo programmer.

The hardfork you are referring to was an upgrade and had complete consensus meaning it didn't result in a chain split.

Look at it this way. Cryptos are all about blockchain technology and BCH is the ONLY crypto dedicated to on-chain scaling.

semi newfag here, what exactly is on chain scaling and how is it more efficient?

Nice, thanks for the info

That is the big debate between BTC and BCH. On-chain transactions are what BTC currently does. They want to create software called Lightning Network that handles 99% of transactions instead of doing them on-chain the way it currently works. BCH wants to continue scaling the way it is currently designed by increasing the blocksize to allow for more transactions to be processed every block.

There is a lot of information out there and a lot of it is biased going both ways of the debate. I recommend doing a lot of your own research.

thank you user, i'll definitely look into it

>5 satoshis = 5 dollars
That puts the value of BCH at 100 Million
Isn't that a bit too bullish for only 3 years out?
How do you think that will happen if you are being serious.
Also when should I buy?

I was being sarcastic about 1 sat = 1USD

When to buy is a tricky question because the market isnt behaving rationally. Your best option is likely to dollar cost average your way in. Buy a little here and there when it's low and don't panic sell if the price goes down some. The strategy is to accumulate as cheap as possible and hold for long term gains. The current price of ~$1200 is pretty low as we were hanging at 1500-1600 not long ago. Good chance to buy your first batch right now.

Litecoin has Segwit and Bitcoin Cash was literally forked to avoid Segwit. Why does every retard bring up Litecoin when Litecoin will run into every problem BTC has that BCH was designed to avoid?

>I was being sarcastic
Well it's still a good long term goal. As far as I can tell, the value of these currencies are heavily based upon meme magic and as such, if we can dream it, we can do it. Perhaps 1sat = 1usd is too lofty but I truly believe as long as the sentiment remains that a Bitcoin is worth 1 million dollars then it will happen just because we want it to.

>Accumulate cheap and hold
Yes that's my plan.
I'm hoping for another long bear market so that I can do that. If the market leaves me behind by having a tiny little 3 month bear market then I'm fucked. We'll see what happens.

LTC isn't attractive to BCH holders for the exact reason BTC isn't. Shilling for LTC is retarded.

You can do 2 seconds transactions because literally NOBODY is using this shit.

Nice I should use you to keep me updated on his tweets

Because he blocked me for making fun of him being a geocentrist

I don't follow him but I saw the post on reddit

That has nothing to do with it. If blocks started to get close to being full the dev team would increase blocks to 32mb before it became congested.

Also it has been calculated the only 0.4-0.6% of all BTC transactions are actually used for commerce. Everything else is just moving to different exchanges and cold storage wallets. So no one is using BTC either. In fact businesses are dropping BTC just like Steam did a few days ago.

>businesses are dropping BTC
Do you think that BTC will be able to retain value without utility -
Can they be a digital gold, or will BCH annihilate them?
Speaking only of Bitcoin - are you all in on BCH or have you hedged?

>he hasn't read the whitepaper HHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA

Transparency I'm 0 BTC 90 BCH.

As a programmer I just can't back what I view as inferior technology with "hodl" and "store of value" memes. I think BTC is in a bubble and I can't sleep at night holding it.

>0 BTC
So you have learned to jump without the rope.
Very good, I think that is the right plan.
The problem with being right is that most others aren't, and it may take a while for things to pan out the way that they should.
It's going to be a battle, but thankfully it looks like everyone that matters is on the right side.

Why BCH over Litecoin?

Because Litecoin is a copycat coin that will never be able to surpass Bitcoin in innovation, development, value, or use.
If you like Litecoin, then you should be using Bitcoin instead.
Now that caveat to what I have said is that the people who hate BCH may use Litecoin as a way to try and suppress BCH. We're going to have to wait and see how things pan out, but that's certainly an attack vector.

Why Bcash bagholders so delusional itt

bitdoubler.io/faq.html

>operation dragon slayer

In addition to this,

1) The potential proof of work securing the BCH chain is orders of magnitude greater than that securing LTC.

2) BCH has a firm philosophical conviction to continued adoption and use as a medium of exchange, which leads to its other eventual uses as actual store of value and unit of account, LTC is in the core camp when it comes to the scaling debate, so even if BTC completely evacuated to LTC, it would just be replacing a parliament of fools with a new parliament of the exact same fools that precipitated their exit.

3) Enormously more resources are being invested in both the development and marketing of BCH vs LTC, which has always been little more than a production testnet for BTC, Charlie Lee even volunteered in a public forum to be a guinea pig for segwit deployment to score brownie points with his confederates in core.

4) LTC has segwit, which means it is vulnerable to the exact same speculated attacks that BTC will be vulnerable to via this channel, including the implementation of fractional reserve and all the other typical historically common tricks that come when the settlement layer is divorced from the transaction layer, and the transaction layer largely operates in the shadows.

>While these transactions are not 100% safe
>transactions are not 100% safe
>not 100% safe
>not safe

aahahahahahahahahahahaha
here's why your shittycash will never make it

Barely any commits on BU and ABC github. Cashaddr change literally copy pasted from core repo. Hashrate dropping rapidly.

U have been duped by the alex jones of crypto.

Something doesn't need to be 100% safe in order for it to be a suitable risk.

If I were to offer you a game, we toss a coin a hundred times, if we get 65 heads out of 100, you win 10 dollars, if we don't, I win 1, the 1 to 1158 odds of that occurring dictate you'd be a fool to keep playing that game and handing me your money, even if I did have to pay you out 10 dollars after a couple thousand.

If you run a coffee shop and you're selling three dollar coffees, what are the odds the guy who just wants to pay you for his morning coffee, and will provide you about a thousand dollars a year in coffee revenue, is out to cheat you given the difficulty of a double spend attack on 0-conf BCH? I'd say the odds would be even more slanted in favour of the merchant than the hypothetical coin toss game above.

Measuring the value of software by lines of code is equivalent to measuring the value of a light aircraft by weight.

Miners follow profitability and liquidate. Bitcoin will maintain the majority of the hashrate until the profitability situation is flipped in the other direction.

Once it is flipped in the other direction though, BTC is very unlikely to be able to pull it back at all, ever.

BCH is not vulnerable to that situation, re-adjusting its bid for hash power with every single block.

>github
I can't tell if you're a troll or not, but I'll respond for the lurkers.
Read:
reddit.com/r/btc/comments/6rj5eb/where_is_bitcoin_cash_github/

> Current average number of transactions per block: 170
No need to increase the size of a block that nobody uses.

What you described is called gamble and not money.

What I describe is probabilistic reasoning as opposed to deterministic reasoning. Some things in life simply are not deterministic, that does not mean you should ignore them, case in point, markets are most decidedly not deterministic, and if you follow the logic that only the deterministic is worth consideration, you should not be here having this conversation with me about probabilistic markets.

So, kindly fuck off old chap.

You are such a brainlet. I can go to a coffee shop, buy coffee and then say my card was stolen and get back all of my money. The coffee shop can't get their product back and is now out of money. Plus they paid a few % fee to visa as well.

Now tell that same coffee shop that they can use BCH, it will cost them 0% in fees and if someone wants to charge back their purchase it will cost them hundreds of thousands of dollars in electricity to attack the network and double spend.

What sounds better to you?

What’s the catalyst for the next moon? Btc corrected some today and this didn’t go up one bit.

Ok, now go back to trading bitcoin cash with other 20 people who believe that unsafe money transfer can catch up globally.

>LTC moons
>people start recommending LTC
not rocket science
not everything is a conspiracy against BCH

There's nothing to "catch up" with. BTC simply can't do zero conf transfers with anything like an acceptable risk given RBF. Also, zero conf transfers are just one slice of the total pie of transaction throughput. And when it comes to confirmed, high value transactions, it is the height of idiocy to suggest that transactions on a ledger which survives purely by the good graces of its most dangerous competitor are by any means "safe".

if Hitler bought btc when it was under 300 would he have won ww2?

Roger,

You're obviously a closeted faggot who belittles people (Andreas, etc) because they aren't bitcoin millionaires and lose your shit over random people calling your inferior bitcoin B-cash. Please spare us all the shilling and go back to the hole you crawled out of 37 years ago.

>Also it has been calculated the only 0.4-0.6% of all BTC transactions are actually used for commerce.
sauce?

eh i dont feel like digging it up but its out there, look for it

BCH cannot experience bloat because it is committed to large blocks and is planning on soon having variable block sizes to fit the transaction volume. Bitcoin Cash has 99.99% safe zero confirmation transactions, when Litecoin blocks are full they will have RBF (double spendable coins until 1 confirmation). Bitcoin Cash is enabling OPCodes which allow for smart contracts. Bitcoin Cash also will never activate Segwit and under Segwit's version of Lightning if there is too much bloat you can lose all your coins once they get locked up past their required confirmation time.

What a surprise! A crypto out for a few months doesn't have the transaction volume of one's that have been out for many years. Lol.

I set up LN today. It's amazing.

Bitfinex cold wallet uses segwit you should totally hack it.

You mean Bcash?

>you're delusional if you think bitcoin cash will replace bitcoin

>hurr durr take my word for it

>For concerns about on-chain scaling, I understand your concerns. I promise you if and when the need arises for Litecoin to scale on-chain, the Litecoin developers and I will execute a hard fork to increase max block size for Litecoin.

reddit.com/r/litecoin/comments/63cgfc/my_letter_to_chinese_miners_and_pool_operators_on/

Stop spreading bullshit please.
And also, unlike all bitcoin copy cats Litecoin is actually ONLY coin without premine with fair launch.
Your BCH contain >1000000 (((satoshi))) premine in it.
Litecoin has antispam,
tit's just werk

Noobs like bcash because they truly believe that the world needs another payment system before it needs a solution to NIRP and QE.

Il never support bcash after seeing the crooks that run it ,the only reason they didn’t support Segwit was because it removed asicboost

Can someone give me a quick rundown about Graphene and smart contracts on BCC?

Not sure if vapor wave or potentially Bitcoin, Litecoin and Ether killer.

Why Bcash? ETH scaling roadmap looks 10000x more promising.

>If you like Litecoin, then you should be using Bitcoin instead.

Do I want to pay a 7¢ or $14 network fee? Hmmmmm

Both are usury, which is why I'm using Dogecoin.

>bch
>shitcoin and bleeding
pick 2

If ETH can't even handle a bunch of shitkitties how is this shitcoin going to handle global commerce on-chain?

Besides, why does this coin attract so many scammers and incompetent devs?

Coinbase megadump coming next month. Got your lube ready?

BCH hashrate is dropping lower and lower relative to BTC. That's all you need to know.

this

also all BCH supporters are utter cunts who do nothing but piss me off

> corecucks
> i can smell your fear
> muh flippening
> muh reddit is censored

get fucked bchtards if you want your coin to succeed why do you consistently act like cunts

Because fuck you corecuck and fuck segwit coin

It's been pretty much the worst performing asset over the last month. No innovation, no elegant scaling solutions. Buy it if you hate money.

bcash is a nigger shitcoin

TICK TOCK ROGER

What about blockchain becoming so big because of 8MB blocks, it becomes unusable for small mining pools?

This guy's mother must have been a cia crackwhore. Can't explain the vileness of the cunt she spewed any other way.

fucker, its gonna be big get used to it core cucks...

SBI Group Backs Bitcoin Cash to be “Used Globally For Daily Payments”

trustnodes.com/2017/12/08/sbi-group-backs-bitcoin-cash-used-globally-daily-payments

SBI group said they'd been talking "with Satoshi." It'll be funny when they find out about scamcoins.

What if he is still alive?

And has 40 PHD's working under him who never give it away? More likely BCH is the biggest scamcoin yet.

>idk how blockchains work or what confirmations are

For trying to scale onchain BCH is a scamcoin? Rational thinking would lead you to think the coin that isn't scaling at all and is losing adaption would be the scamcoin.

For being run by narcissists pretending to be Satoshi to close deals, you dumb fuck.

But who's pretending to be satoshi? They would have just said Dr wright if it was him

twitter.com/yoriko09/status/924086794102042624

After a chat with Nchain.

With 40 phds he's unstoppable

Litecoin BitcoinCash :: the flappening is coming.

cointelegraph.com/news/litecoin-set-to-approach-200-in-monster-rally

The funny thing is I know some pretty retarded people with PHD's I don't get why people get all mystical about them

Why does this one have different text?

Bcash is a total pump and dump scheme.

There are literally 0 novel solutions in bcash. It's a fork of Bitcoin with a bigger block size.. that's it.

The only reasons transactions are fast and cheap is because nobody is using it.

It will run into the same problems as bitcoin if that were to ever happen.

Pay attention to how bcash pumpers always beat around this subject. It's a giant marketing ploy and _you_ will be the one holding the bags.

Be careful out there boys!