He thinks that 100% of Wallstreeters are all going to simultaneously short bitcoin

>he thinks that 100% of Wallstreeters are all going to simultaneously short bitcoin

Here's a brainstorming activity: What counter strategies could someone put in place to fuck over an opponent who is trying to short BTC? Not everyone on Wall Street is on the same side, after all. When you pump bitcoin and plan to sell it later to short it, the affect of your pump on Bitcoin's price is visible---to everyone. To any smart investor, its pretty obvious that someone has pumped bitcoin, even if they've done it slowly. You can see the increase in price in various patterns.

However, if someone trying to kill shorters has large amounts of funds they haven't put bitcoin yet----that's a totally unknown black swan that can fuck over the shorters, which ideally, is what will happen. Shorters are in a dangerous, open position as the money they pumped BTC with is public, whereas those who plan to long BTC may have funds they have not yet put into BTC for various reasons.

Don't be afraid of shorting lowering BTC's price. All it will do is create some occasional dip opportunities. HODL.

Other urls found in this thread:

investopedia.com/articles/optioninvestor/09/silver-thursday-hunt-brothers.asp
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

good stuff!

It's official, this is the stupidest post on Veeky Forums

Great! You really tore apart my points in a logical fashion.

Why don't you try to post this on reddit and leave Veeky Forums forever ?

What have I done to upset you?

Literally 0 points made

well they are so..

I gave reason to have no fear in shorts when people have just been spamming that shorting is going to make BTC go down or die. The reason being---their are opponents on Wall Street who want to go long on bitcoin, and they actually have the upper hand in that their funds are not in the bitcoin market yet, so they are a total black swan at this point. What's wrong with anything I just wrote here, which is a summary of my OP post? I'm giving reason for people not to fall for this very, very weak and shitty fud.

Winklevoss twins confirmed as worlds first bitcoin billionaires. I feel they’d do something if Wall Street tries to keep btc at $1000

Except you don't understand what futures are and that you don't need to hold an asset to short it

Go to bed, Rebecca.

You sound like you're as good a person as any to ask this question that has been brewing.

What happens if a repeat of the hunt silver play is made in the crypto futures market, including banning longs through state interference and trying to ruin anyone that supports them whilst heavily encouraging shorts?

Wall street might all not be of a single mind, but the government sure is, and it's desperately not in their interests to live in a crypto dominant world, just as it was not in their interests to live in a precious metals dominant world which led to the Hunt situation.

Background for lurkers;

investopedia.com/articles/optioninvestor/09/silver-thursday-hunt-brothers.asp

Relevant section;

Uncle Sam Steps In
The U.S. government became concerned over what it saw as a clear attempt at manipulating the nation's silver reserves, and the fact that this corner involved the Middle East added some venom to the government's reaction: after all, the 1970s oil crisis was still fresh in the nation's mind. Federal commodities regulators introduced special rules to prevent any more long position contracts from being written or sold for silver futures. This stopped the Hunts from increasing their positions by temporarily suspending the fundamental rules of the commodities market. With longs frozen and shorts free to pile in, the price of silver began to slide. Margin calls on the loans began to take a toll on the Hunts' reserves to the point where they were paying millions a day in calls, storage fees and interest.

i dont get why everyone's spreading and believing the idea that wallstreet is waiting until monday to buy/short bitcoin. literally anyone can buy it

>you don't need to hold an asset to short it

I never implied this. I implied that pumping and dumping BTC would be, in theory, an effective way to short it. Shorting BTC at a lower price when you can't dump it, what, are a bunch of Jews going to go on finance segments on news channels and scream "DONT BUY BITCOIN" for a few months? Is that their plan, media? Media won't do shit just like it didn't do shit to get Hillary elected. Only an old man out of touch would think this.

Good post user. You have many valid points.

With all the above considered, fuck you faggot.

10/10

>what is liquidity

Already playing. BTC dropped before futures went live. This means that whales started dumping their stacks ahead.

1) Sell BTC at the top ($15K). Let BTC drop.
2) Wall Street steps in at $10K, buys futures targeting $5K.
3) Wall Street starts dumping BTC.
4) BTC drops to $5K.
5) Step in, buy 3x the amount of BTC you dumped. Since BTC market is highly volatile (most BTC is locked in cold storage and the network is slow as hell), this causes a price spike.
6) BTC jumps to $20K. Wall Street has dumped their stack, so if they want to dump they would have to buy first, pushing the price even higher.
7) BTC stabilizes at $20K. Futures are due, Wall Street now owes $15K on every shorted BTC.
8) Wall Street realizes its down the shitter. They dump everything to get USD to pay for the BTC futures contract.
9) This causes panic in the stock market. Since BTC holds, that capital escapes into BTC pushing it even higher.
10) The government steps in to fuck things up even more.

BUY. THE. DIP.

(I would, but I'm a poorfag 100% in LINK).

>It's official, this is the stupidest post on Veeky Forums

Wall street isnt shit. There are bigger powers in crypto.

>but the government sure is, and it's desperately not in their interests to live in a crypto dominant world
Just the US government and its hard to judge what their intentions are anyway. The rest of the developed world understands the advantages that would come from widespread adoption of crypto and the blockchain. They cant control it and never will.

Everyone who thinks Wall Street will kill BTC tomorrow is fucking stupid. Almost no one has an interest that BTC dies (beside some BCash fags). The market's still so young and there are so many people who will throw their money into this It's just so shortsighted to only go for the fast bucks.

So edgy. You're either underaged or a brainlet.

Well, it doesn't matter in the end.

MODS

Everyone is expecting it happen by latest next weekend when it hits CME.

And if I were wallstreet, I'd play on this FUD as best I can. As in, I'd makw sure it didn't dump and create a false sense of security. Then I'd pump the price even more, rallying EVEN MORE normies FOMOing.

Then I would dump/short. Not sure on the price in which I would do so though

>you cant make a centralised blockchain
yes you can

Absolutely correct
Is the stupidest post on biz

>This means that whales started dumping their stacks ahead.
Can confirm, was wondering why A/D flatlined and didn't go down when the prices where dropping, it makes sense if it was a massive sell off under an unchanged buying pressure that remained constant due to normies getting in ie. the market incentive didn't change, majority are still long only a few with deep pockets are selling off massive volumes too fast that it affected the price.

They can also make a crypto with built in biometric identification and complete anti money laundering measures but thats beside the point.

>The government steps in to fuck things up even more.
this is thier endgame
does anyone not see this coming?
the jews want control this is how they get it

The last time Wall Street overplayed on CDOs, the government printed money to bail them out.
Problem is, government cannot print BTC to bail Wall Street out of a failed BTC short.
All the government can do is print more USD causing inflation. Which will ironically push BTC even higher as an inflation hedge.

That, an regulate BTC exchanges which is not exactly a bad thing.

Veeky Forums is for shitposting. You don't actually think people put time and thoughts into this?

We buy shitcoins because they are shilled.

The biz motto is literally buy high sell low.

>10) The government steps in to fuck things up even more.

and this is the exact problem.
wall street can gamble and fuck up as much as they want, the government will always save it in the end (i.e. every financial crisis in the past). but not us. ultimately, we are the ones getting screwed over.

They can print tether :-)

In a market, the price is set at the margin by buyers v. sellers. So the price is set by a tiny, tiny % of people actually buying and selling Bitcoin.

People on the sidelines will jump in to buy or sell depending on what they think will happen. Greed or fear can make a normally rational person make irrational decisions. The volatility of Bitcoin is causing normies to buy (let's get rich quick) and techies to sell (lock in profits). A market where you can win or lose 20% of your capital in minutes is not an efficient, rational market. However it is the perfect market for sophisticated traders to make a fuckload of money. Traders don't make money when asset prices are stable, they make money when prices move. So there is a strong incentive for traders to manipulate the price and increase volatility. As there are no regulations or penalties for market abuse, price manipulation is trivially easy for an experienced trader. Let that sink in.

If there are more sellers than buyers, the price will go down. It's essentially a battle between bulls (up) and bears (down). The side with the deepest pockets wins. Again, let that principle sink in.

The upcoming futures market provides a mechanism for the biggest players to influence the underlying Bitcoin price. The difference in scale is like a flea market and eBay. The money involved is orders of magnitude greater. Hedge funds worth billions can now take huge positions.

So now we have a situation where there is a regulated futures market potentially worth hundreds of billions that is priced upon a completely unregulated market where price fixing is trivial.

It's kind of like making a bet on a football game. But the cartel of bookmakers can influence which team wins to maximise profit. Over time they win and the public loses.

When the dust eventually settles on all this corruption, there will be fraud charges, private lawsuits, and possibly a hollywood movie starring Christian Bale.