Poor Spending Shaming

ITT we shame poor financial choices:
Spending $5 on a coffee every day instead of making it at home. $150+/mo wasted.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=74RTapHi0ak
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

What about poor time usage?
>driving 2 hours to save $17

Tbh I used to do this until I started thinking of it in terms of crypto gains. That $5 coffee could be worth $500 when LINK 100x by the end of 2018

you're a faggot if you think coffee spending either way is going to make or break you.

>buying subway sandwiches instead of cooking myself.

These are the only good non Crypto threads ever on this board.
>Having subscriptions to Netflix, Amazon Prime and Spotify
>Express shipping
>Eating out to lunch five days a week
>Smoking weed that you didn't grow
>buying Chainlink

>he fell for the coffee meme

BWAAHAHAHAHAHA
It's a legalized DRUG dumbass
They want you to get hooked so you never stop drinking it
Quit now while you can

If you think 5$ is bad, I should feel really shamed. Had a 200$ a day pain pill habit for a long time. Lucky that monkey is off my back.

honestly you could apply that to all instances of eating out vs. cooking at home. Even cheaper than Mcdonalds, calorie-for-calorie.

And won’t make you a fat faggot

One of these is a knock-off.

>Spending $5000 that's made in the same sweatshop as the $200.

>youtube.com/watch?v=74RTapHi0ak

>drinking coffee

When I was unemployed I learned to day-trade out of necessity. I slowly got better and better over the months but didn't realize it.
I realized just 1 day into my new job that I was making far, far less at this job than I was by day-trading and so it was basically losing me money. The only reason I had the job at all was for financial stability, but I realized that the opportunity cost just wasn't worth it.

Basically I'm seriously quitting because I make much, much better money without the job. That was a poor financial decision.

now this thread is the type of Veeky Forums discussion that should be promoted here

coinfags need to go

Do you know where I can get these fake bags? Anywhere I can see them in person first before I buy?

buying crap compulsively from amazon.

I got a colleague that every day comes with a fucking new gadget, I cringe every time
>reusable coffee cup, bended keyboard, iphone, iphone holder, air freshener, 50x50cm mousepad, leg rester, pen drawers

Do not hate the goyim and their goyim habits. Accept them for who they are and find ways to exploit it. Don't be the consumer, be the producer.

>250usd on weed/money
>Netflix, hbogo, tinder gold
>playstation games
>eating out 2-3x times

Well, at least I'm renting way below what I could afford so...

Yeah honestly I am wage slaving atm only so that I can accumulate capital for trading. But so far it's going ok, I've just gotten a raise after slaving for 1y so it's still worth it. When I stop getting raises and I have wnough capital I will quit. I have a feeling this will not happen though, at least as long as the bull market stays on. But at least I know I have an alternative to waging, so I can be more aggressive and keep asking for more money.

Don't forget:
>wanting free education
>while not utilizing all of the stuff on the internet and only using it for collecting instant gratification through social networks

unironically investing hard work earnings into a virtual currency

>you're a faggot if you think coffee spending either way is going to make or break you.
>you're a faggot if you think food spending either way is going to make or break you.
>you're a faggot if you think date spending either way is going to make or break you.
>you're a faggot if you think videogame spending either way is going to make or break you.
>you're a faggot if you think movie spending either way is going to make or break you.
>you're a faggot if you think clothes spending either way is going to make or break you.
>you're a faggot if you think whore spending either way is going to make or break you.

My dad brings them back for my sister when he takes trips to Asia. In the US the fakes aren't that good.

There are entire malls in Malaysia and China that only carry fake shit.

I drink 40 oz of redbull a day
Im not gonna make it lads

>$150
>acting like thats even significant

how does it feel being poor

Distilling your own booze, brew your own beer. These type of things make great gifts as well. Buy shit off Amazon Warehouse or eBay when you can. Thrift stores are great for household items.

>These are the only good non Crypto threads ever on this board.
>>Having subscriptions to Netflix, Amazon Prime and Spotify
>>Express shipping
>>Eating out to lunch five days a week
>>Smoking weed that you didn't grow
>>buying Chainlink
I use Netflix,
Prime totally worth with the amount I'm ordering,
I listen to Spotify for hours every day and take playlists with me offline all the time.

$20 on vape juice weekly. biweekly if i'm stressed

Found the quintuple soy latte extra foam with 30 pumps of macbook and two shots of salt

>going outside and LITERALLY wasting money

How did you teach yourself to day trade? How much capital did you start with? What do you trade, on what platforms?

>not passing out from famine for .01 more chainlink

>I used to smoke, 10 europoor dollars for a pack of rolling tobacco every week.
That was a fucking waste, so I quit that.
Also
>Ordering food 4 times a week for like 15 europoors a time, a weeks worth of groceries is cheaper.

Putting your money in a CD that pays like .1% interest instead of throwing it in some shitcoin

Bull markets don't last forever

weed.

$150 month wasted and it makes me lazier.

Going to university to get a degree in humanities. You have a better shot borrowing that same amount to start your own business.

I have had top dollar Fake J's and clothing, but material is usually different and seams tend to burst.

Really tho, smoking is a huge waste of money. In leafland a pack is $14

I'd like to start growing weed soon, but its tough in an apartment. And illegal state.

>250 usd in money
Wow, what a spender

You can still make good money day trading a bear market. It's more difficult and you have to be good at shorting but it's possible.

>having a wife

shit's expensive yo

>buying mass-market crap labeled by manufacturers as "collectible"

Mix your own. It's dramatically less expensive. The only pricey ingredient is the nicotine itself. Flavourings and base vg/pg are very cheap.

$110/week on weed. That's around $6k a year. It's my one vice that isn't gonna kill me so I'm fine with it

>50x50 cm mousepad
How would you even have room for that?

You mean semiweekly?

True. but if you are actually interested in it and you have the money, why not?

It's all relative.

That $150 a month means a lot if you earn only $2000 a month. But it's nothing if you earn $50,000 a month.

It all goes back to spending within your means. Some things are just plain luxuries, which people mistaken for "entitlements."

€200 weed a month, i'm smoking away all my gains

-Not living in moms basement til I’m 45 and/or BTC rich
-Eating healthy food instead of ramen everyday
-keeping up my appearance by wearing decent clothes
-having a professional cut my hair instead of buzzing it once a month with dull clippers
-eat avaocado toast

I get that wasting money is a thing but when ppl call out normal life practices as wasting money, makes me wonder what kind of smelly autistic neckbeards are on the other side of this thread

I get the

>all the dudeweedlmaos spending a notable portion of their income on a performance decreasing drug

I get free coffee at work and don't spend any money on it.

People focus too much on the small stuff. Yeah, $5/day on coffee might seem stupid. Its ~$100/month if you're only counting week days. But a luxury car is $500/month. A luxury condo is $5000/m. $5/day on coffee is literally nothing. And that coffee actually provides you a lot of value in terms of enjoyment. Where the difference between a luxury car and an economy car is being what, slightly more comfortable for maybe 30min/day? A status symbol? You can save 100 times more money by reducing the big costs than worrying about $5/day on coffee.

Your dad only goes to Asia to fuck young hookers. He buys you and your faggot sister fake bags on the last day to make up for his crippling guilt.
This is the truth.

Pic related, it's your dad or similar.

If you can't take the time to type out the word people and have time to type all that shit you are definitely upset by this thread.

Not stealing at self checkout. If you actually pay for everything you are a dumb fuck. The stores making money off you and punishing wagies. That's why I always steal at least $10 of food even though I come from a rich family. How do I do it? I just type in the wrong produce codes. 2pound Bag of grapes? Nope, that goes in as 3 lemons. 5 pomegranates? Nope 5 red delicious apples.

ha Thailand

I sure hope he does!

>anything addictive
I need to personally cut out beer. Its keeping me out of shape and its expensive. Last year I was drinking shitloads of it and not going to the gym.
Also remember that coffee stains your teeth and is addictive. I never got into it thankfully.

>paying for a gym membership
Just get a friend who lives in an apartment complex that has a gym. My friend's apartment gym had NFC keys to get in, which use similar tech as crypto. I was able to copy his key to a blank chinese tag, and now I still go to this gym even since he moved out 6 months ago kek.

>keeping junk that you never use sitting in closets
Sell that shit. If its worth less than $8, donate it or throw it in the garbage. Personally I get a lot more satisfaction out of having the space than having a lot of things.

buying chainlink == throwing money away.

Good one, imo. Especially in California.

In this day and age, with blockchain technology where it is today, with BTC being worth over $15,000, you STILL have not invested just a little bit into crypto? What kind of business man/investor are you?

Used to do this, then i got caught once...After some heavy apologizing for being too tired I got away with only paying the difference, but holy shit was it embarrassing trying to explain the situation.

This is interesting. Having a job really can be a poor financial decision, but you have to be able to place a value on your time and determine whether you can achieve that value. This is the decision part that most people never make.

>spending $120/month for a mobile plan and smartphone lease

The only thing keeping me calm when hands get weak or trading

enough small holes can sink a large ship user

I can't stand when someone goes, oh so you are in stocks. I wish i had money to do that.

Seriously started my account with a few hundred bucks and now how over $40,000 in various accounts just because id put $20-$200 in here.

I cant stand when people say i don't have money for that but yet they have a brand new car rent an overpriced apt. and work at chilies

I spend $650 a month on car payments.

I know it’s a poor financial choice. It’s a fucking stupid way to spend my money but it’s fun. Besides it’s a small enough chunk of my monthly income.

Point is you can’t deny yourself all the pleasures in life, what if you’re continually saving and get hit by a bus tomorrow? You never got a chance to enjoy any of your hard work.

it's like driving vs commuting to work in a large city with good public transit

there's larger variance for arrival time in a car, there are greater parking costs, and intrinsic variables like stress and likeness of being involved in an accident. There's also the value of time (would you rather relax or do work on a train or sit in front of a wheel)

While factors vary by location and situation people tend to not take many of these variables into account
this is a significant factor that people miss (since they're not accustomed to looking beyond any variable that doesn't have a direct cash value assigned to it)

>have friend
>his spending habits are widely regarded as abysmal
>over the past few years he's bought:
>two gaming desktops (one for him, one for his gf)
>three 1080p monitors
>one 4k monitor
>a drone
>a smartwatch
>a piano
>a fishtank
>a rifle
>an ukulele
>woodworking tools
>handheld cb radio
>replica Zelda shield
>another drone
>world of warcraft membership
>motorcycle (pretty sure he never rode it then sold it at a loss)
>VR headset
He never goes out to eat with us cause he's always broke

>t. local drive thru coffee shack owner

Yeah I’m pissed. Shoulda stayed with my mom instead of paying rent. Much regret. Could have been full time Veeky Forums troll but instead I’m here enjoying my Starbucks and avocado toast. Gtg gf wants to fuck all over the apartment again. Sigh.

If you're going to smoke, by a pouch of tobacco and roll your own. $10 would last me quite awhile for better quality tobacco. I just quit altogether though because it's pointless.

>Eating out
>Hot water instead of taking cold showers
>New clothing every year instead of buying high quality garmets that make you, your skin and the average joeselina go wow
>Watching sports, youtube,tv (time is money)
>Buying things you don't need and you get bored after 2 weeks because you were into a certain thing that month
>Buying books instead of using gen.lib and an ereader
>Going to university to get a useless deegree because you still haven't figured out life, take a gap year, take 2 or 3 and get some jobs make some money before getting yourself into debt, especially americans jesus christ
>Not buying a van and pimping it out during your 20's, I'll be a millionaire in 11 years and I can retire, not counting the cryptogains

Financing anything

What the fuck are you on about retard

If you have central air, get vent dampeners. Now you don't have to pay to heat/cool unused rooms anymore.

Got wife/kids/roommates etc.? Close the dampeners when they leave.

Thermostat placement is huge. Don't put your thermostat in a room with an exterior door. If it already is, move it. It's easy as fuck and isn't dangerous.

Speaking of thermostats, get a programmable one. Not a fucking $300 Apple iBlow or whatever the new trendy looking ones are that record you masturbating, just a cheap $25 7-day programmable one. Saves HEAPS.

Set your thermostat higher in the summer and use a $15 box fan. Looks niggery, saves bank.

Cold out? Set temp lower and use a $20 space heater. Diminishing returns after 2 space heaters though. Electric blankets are more efficient.

Your water heater has a heat setting on it. There is a sticker on the front that explains more. Turn the temp down a bit, then after 48 hours if you haven't run out of hot water then turn it down a bit more. Rinse repeat.

Use rags instead of paper towels. Wash with a tiny amt of bleach.

Fuck dishwashers. Get a $10 Rubbermaid drying rack. Fuck dish detergent, get a bottle of knock off blue shit. They clean oil spill critters with it, it's good enough for you. Works great on the lambo too.

Use a clothesline. Home Depot has retractable ones for $10. Keeps your shit from wrinkling too.

Grow your own food, especially spices.

Anybody ever tried reusable paper towels? I go through a lot of paper towels. Can't imagine the time and water/energy spent washing these things would offset the financial savings or even the environmental impact.

This isn't the chiseler thread. It's the obviously unnecessary gross over-spending thread.

Once a year, call all of the businesses you have accounts with. Utilities, phone plans, internet plans, etc. Call them and bitch about the prices and be a kike about it, but be kind and respectful. Ask about current promotions and how you can shave off some of your bill. Internet plan providers are usually the easiest to coerce into lowering your bill, especially if you start quoting from the heap of promotional junk mail that their competitors send you every damn week.

Do you know what your internet plan is? Do you need that much bandwidth? Honestly? Have you run an online speed test to make sure you're getting what you paid for? Are you using all of the features of your phone plan? Minues? Data? Do you have recurring charges for accounts that you seldom use, like a Spotify, Netflix, etc.? Do you have close friends/family who also use Spotify, Netflix, etc. with whom you could just share one account and split the savings? Have you compared the kW/h rate you're paying for electricity with what's available from other providers?

Also not having an indo european family structure?

What's that you ask?

Basically father and mom plus kids leave in a big house, kid makes money but lives with parents, once hes old enough parents get their savings and go travel the world, you then have 3 kids with your lawyer smart cutie wife and they come back to play the role of grandads while you and wife are following their dreams, then they pass away, rinse and repeat.

As long as your house is well designed and spacious this shit works great and imo it's the best system or transferring wealth between generations and being able to raise a family, at least for smart people, dumb people just crap out kids and let them eat sugar and watch de ipad ubtube all day.

>enjoying
>starbucks
It's getting cold out, I hope you're wearing your Uggs.

>an ukulele

Paying for toilet paper is the biggest scam ever. You can literally wash yourself with water.

>reducing one big cost saves more than reducing a small cost
Mind blown. Thanks, user.

pajeet spotted

>dumb people just crap out kids and let them eat sugar and watch de ipad ubtube all day.
The selfish gene theory applied to people shows that rich people put more resources into raising sons and poor people into raising daughters.
Literally the only hope shit parents have for their genes surviving is having an attractive daughter who has kids with a powerful man.

No offense, I don't know where to post this but should I give up? I knew about crypto since August but barely put any money in since I was getting mental help for my depression and was too busy with school to get a job to invest more.

Is it even worth it now everyone knows?

Do I still have time to get some return on my investments if I buy alts?

Please be honest, I'm currently getting a job after this semester and plan on putting everything into ethereum and other alts that i see doing well in 2018.

It seems to me a lot of dinners from the grocery store are still pretty expensive for 3 people. I have struggled with this, idk how to buy cheap food at the grocery store that's not all carbs.

I fucking hate self checkout. It's a goddamn scam. Retail is priced to include the labor of checking and bagging my groceries. Now you want me to fucking do it too because some fat cunt doesn't want to open a register? It's one thing if they were optional, but now they are often the only option depending when you go to the store.

>buying diamonds
It shows the power of marketing anyways.

Back in 2009 instead of buying a shitty coffee I bought 5,000 BitCoins from a friend of mine. Now I am fucking rich.

This one is a fucking rip off. The price of most phones is a rip off and they are garbage. The plans are a rip off. I went to a prepaid plan, but it's still a rip off.

Smoke roll your own cigs user especially don't buy juice with propylene glycol that shits not supposed to be in your lungs for sure

Not even that, poor people just crap out more kids now, especially with welfare in modern society, welfare was literally the worst thing to happen when it comes to kids, I live in southern europe and see negroes (not racist but these are the people that won't go to university for a physics phd) having 2 to 3 kids, hell in the hospital the other day I saw a cape verdian couple with 2 kids and they barely spoke portuguese it was shameful, meanwhile my sister whos a trained engineer/physicist is unsure in having her first kid at 32 since bills are so high and pay is so shit.

How is this not dysgenic from a purely scientific standpoint?

and then you have people who actually believe there are no dumb people, that everyone as long as they have an education can become anything they wish, everyone can be einstein or newton as long as they have a nice, free education, education is always the problem.

Fucking hell.

You don't need paper towels user get a few rags and wash them once a week. Paper towels are the ultimate consumer product they're designed to be used and thrown away. Get shop towels if you must they're thick blue paper towels that you can wash a few times in the washer.

lol you are retarded
enjoy your lung cancer faggot

>"cannabis promotes feminist values"
kek

>he believes in the tobacco meme