Favorite Unique or Flavorful Card in 3 Yrs

Alright fellow fa/tg/uys share your favorite card that you saw as your favorite Unique, Weird or Flavorful card that was printed within the last 3 years. Doesn't matter if its pauper or legendary, creature or land or sorcery or even shitty mill!

>KALADESH INCLUDED OH PEE?
Omnisiah says all clear.

My choice is the Colossus of Akros. It's an artifact endgame with the traditional Indestructable but not Trample making it a little more difficult to end. Also it's an 8M with a 10/10 body that has Defender but with 10M it turns online, becomes a 20/20, gains Trample to kill the opponent, and retains Defender status while being able to attack to receive any bonuses gained by that status.

i am so fucking sick of red's flavor and gameplay themes being reduced to "FIRE CRAZY STUPID GOBLINS MORE FIRE DO DAMAGE NOW" that any card that steer away from both of them and makes us remember red is also about passion and love is 10/10 in my eyes.

was Chandra adopted?

I hate that card because the effect has nothing to do with what the card represents.

White-ish dad, Indian-ish mum.

It kind of does - catharsis is about unburdening yourself and the idea is that you're scrapping cards you don't want and being "revitalised" by drawing three. Bit of a stretch, I know, but there's at least a case to be made.

Really emphasizes how kill crazy the goblins and Mardu are in general. I really like how it also captures the chaos of red by picking random cards in hand.

The flavor text should have been "Nobody in the Mardu horde chooses the name "Will" for themselves."

She's a planeswalker and both her parents are humans, so probably.

>>KALADESH INCLUDED OH PEE?
>Omnisiah says all clear.
Stop it.

It's actually coming in Kaladesh.

>There will be hell to pay in the morning, but I shall not rest until this works.

Easiest one I can think of off the top of my head.

Made a mardu tokens deck in standard during zendikar block with this fucker. Ran secure the wastes, brutal hordechief, hordeling outburst, and a playset of impact tremors. End of turn secure the wastes followed by swinging in with 6 tokens and double foul tongue shriek was so spicy. I beat 4 color rally to win an FnM with this card. This little common will always have a place in my heart.

Forgot pic

Kaladesh isn't out yet. Choose again.

Awful card, but flavor win.

Reread OP (may be difficult to decipher through the faggotry)

Can do some fun stuff in edh with tokens, but mostly it's style over substance

Throw that on any */* "Where * is the amount of creatures you control" and swing

>have two creatures
>tap your 2/2 to give the 1/1 +2/+2
Doesn't seem great value to me.

>implying you'd tap with just two creatures out
O I am laffin. You'd obviously wait until you have a decent amount of tokens out, and hopefully a coat of arms for extra winmore.

>have eight creatures
>tap your 5/5 to give your seven 1/2s +5/+5

With the amount of token gen available, I don't think it'd be unreasonable to be swinging with 15/15s

Dude

The ideal combo for the card is Zurgo Helmsmasher on the throne and a fuck ton of Mardu tokens.

>Throw that on any */* "Where * is the amount of creatures you control" and swing

GG. (Not really though, since they are chump able and have no protection)

But still, great card. Pretty too.

It is pretty, but secure the wastes seems much better. 5 mana for 2 2/2s seems worse than 5 mana for 4 1/1s. Plus secure is instant speed. It probably won't be worth it until you have 9 mana.

It very very much isn't worth it. But Rosheen Meanderer and stuff like Kruphix helps a lot.

It needs waaay much mana.

I like to fetch Collossus of Akros with Chord of Calling if the EDH table fucks up and taps out.

underrated post

Charging Badger

G 1/1 with Trample.

When the fuck did they decide that Phyrexian Arena was too good?

I kind of lament the loss of YOLO RED BITCHES but at the same time the game needs to adapt with the taste of the audience.

... that's not how planeswalkers work.

Use it with madness, and corrupt the feeling.

Meeting my mom again is LETTING ME THROW HOLY FIRE AT THAT ASSHOLE OVER THERE.

Are you fucking serious?

>Catharsis - the process of releasing, and thereby providing relief from, strong or repressed emotions.

Cathartic Reunion is entirely about letting go of the shit that hurts you, and when you do that you open up your life to live.

The discarded cards are shit that was tormenting you.

The drawn cards are your life you get after that.

Interestingly it is in some regards it's basically the opposite of Tormenting Voice.

>opened up to the holy grace by letting go of your negative emotions, thereby making it significantly easier to channel the negative emotions of the holy grace

Colossus is great in chill daretti

Truly Magic is poetry as a card game.

>My choice is the Colossus of Akros. It's an artifact endgame with the traditional Indestructable but not Trample making it a little more difficult to end.

>Also [...] gains Trample to kill the opponent,

Fun for hellbent. Loses you less life.

This card is great fun. Pinging people with lands, enchantments and whatnot feels so silly.