Veeky Forums discussion thread

Hiro has asked the users of Veeky Forums to discuss the current state of moderation across the boards.

Hopefully the mod will obey the site owner and choose not to delete this thread.

Should quest threads be allowed on Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

anonkun.com/stories/threads/chat/oL98fotomd7A8zFeH
archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/49397649
archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/49392301
archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/49385205
anonkun.com/stories/threads/lets-raid-tg/oL98fotomd7A8zFeH
strawpoll.me/11252294
strawpoll.me/11226987/r
strawpoll.me/11227013/r
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Dear mods, please ban the Quest Bitching General. OP is a faggot and his thread is stupid and pointless, and there's been nothing left to say for ages now.

>still trying

>this thread again

Moderation on Veeky Forums is fine.

The board is slow moving and on the whole on topic.

>Should quest threads be allowed on Veeky Forums?
No. Why do people insist on this after they got their own damn board?

Dear Hiro-sama
Kindly permaban OP
This autumn evening

>We should not choose controversial move.

Hiro doesn't want any controversial moves. So why were quests banned in the first place?

all quiet on the western front

Yes. Quests on Veeky Forums are fun because people on Veeky Forums understand how to roleplay.

>all quiet on the questern front
FTFY

Quests should come back, of course.

That wont happen until the board gets shocked by nazimod, though. Just like last time.

*Quest and Anti-Quest Bitching General

Seriously, both of you, quit screeching about it, hey?

Dear user-san
Kindly commit sudoku
As soon as you can

Fuck quest threads. Keep them on /qst/ like moot intended.

The worst part is they did permaban the antiquest bitchers way back, but they kept ban evading.
The only way this will end is if questfags decide to be less autistic and ban evading than antiquestfags.

I don't mind staying on /qst/. I would like some advertisement, though. /qst/ is just too small at the moment.

Uh...

You realize that characterization is kinda optional here in questland, yeah?

Are you people going to keep whining in the hopes quests be allowed back here?

But user, moot kept them on Veeky Forums.
And was actively against frivilous board splits.
It was only after he quit that new asian guy decided to cave to shitposters.

Quests go to /qst/ desu senpai

did antiquestfags keep whining with the hope that quests would be removed?

What do you expect? Whining was proved to be a viable strategy.

you should get banned for making a pun as shitty as that

Reminder
>anonkun.com/stories/threads/chat/oL98fotomd7A8zFeH

They 'type' of thread posted is really irrelevant. OP hates/loves quest threads - who cares? If you don't like a thread, ignore it, don't get butthurt over it. Thread-type is not the issue - trolls are the issue. And the mods' inability to deal with trolls. And the mods' inability to tell the difference between anons having fun and anons being savage. Seriously, anons have been banned after tussling with trolls, while the trolls just keep on trollin'. THAT drives away potential good contributors, and strengthens the fucking trolls and their shit habit.
tl;dr - this board can only be as good as its mods. Please get better. Don't turn into /tv/ - apart from the /40k/ids we have a pretty positive community here, at least by Veeky Forums standards.

Oh, so just like the antiquestfags then.

I guess being polite didnt work out.

I recall that getting posted in the quest thread general and getting BTFO by people who went in and called them morons

Or, or, somehow find a way to attract questers from other places on Veeky Forums. Start making quest threads on /b/, or change the name to /games/, or make nice banners or something. The problem is lack of players, not 'not being on Veeky Forums. There are other possible solutions.

I expect people to stop being daft and let quests stay in /qst/.

Not acting like that moron who kept spamming pointless generals then made a thread where he said generals should be banned because he was butthurt quests were banned. Never mind that is not even slightly comparable.

I don't know. I've heard that antiquestfags are the reason that every quest is named _____ Quest, though.

Lauded, user, the word is lauded.

That doesnt change that complaining and ban evading have been shown to be how you get board change done.

I want clarification on whether threads on Veeky Forums in the format ">a thing happened" are on topic or off topic.
How can they be both? What does the janitor do, flip a coin?

>Taking anonkun seriously

Hiro said "we should not make controversial move".

Banning quests was a controversial move. It should be undone.

If people werent daft, there would be no /qst/.

The entire reason it exists is ban evading shitposters.

That is a powerful precident to set, and it is unrealistic to not expect people to follow it.

I would like to know why these threads were deleted:

archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/49397649

archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/49392301

archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/49385205

All of them are Veeky Forums-related. The deleted cheesecake thread made me sad because cheesecake threads have been a board staple since 2007.

I wish the mods would ban this chucklefuck.

I want to talk about board culture and how to improve it, but he insists on talking about quests, and his autism towards the subject is extremely off putting.

Also, like I've said every thread, I'd like the /pol/ shitposting to be kept under control. It's not an issue of my feelings being hurt, it's an issue of argumentative cocksnatches spewing the same 5 recycled arguments over and over again, samefagging themselves into oblivion. While it's easy to ignore, it generally puts everyone in a bad mood.

>controversial

And letting them even exist in the first place wasn't?

Precedent doesn't matter. For those threads were off-topic. Gone. That is how it should be.

anonkun.com/stories/threads/lets-raid-tg/oL98fotomd7A8zFeH

So, half the people in the thread are yelling at the other half. Not much of a raid, gotta say.

They were deleted because board police have the power right now, and we are entering nazimod days.

Except there is no longer a moot to save us.

/qst/ existing should be like /r/ existing.

Neither board should prevent quest or request threads from existing in other boards.

Letting something exist is not a board decision. There were no rules opposing them and thus there was no controversial action that had to be taken to allow them.

Banning things requires an active decision.

It's still annoying, though.

>Worldbuilding, cheesecake, and talking about your games are no longer allowed

Has An Hiro been back since then?

>For those threads were off-topic.
But all of those threads are clearly Veeky Forums-related:

>Hello Veeky Forums, I'll be running a campaign for Worlds in Peril for my group of 4. I'm having trouble coming up with a variety of various mobs, corporations and other shady organizations to keep the group busy. The stranger, the better!

>I just finished my first ever D&D game (and my first ever TTRPG game, for that matter).
>Ask me anything.

>I'm playing DnD for the first time ever, and I've decided to play a Half-Elf Bard (being from WFRP, I wanted to take options I've never been able to before). In the course of determining my character, I've decided that this Bard should be a rapier-wielding version of Fabio.
>Kind gentlefolk of the board, please help me realise my dream of fielding Fabio the Bard. Pic rather related.

Yes.

Is this hard for you?

I expected a tantrum-fest from questfags, but I hoped that it wouldn't happen. Those are different things.

You seem to be making a huge false equivalence.

Complaining about something that has no place on Veeky Forums is not the same as complaining its now where it belongs.

>cheesecake
blue board
be nice

there is lewd & cheesecake channel in tg discord

Roight. So, what should be done to improve board culture, ignoring all the chucklefucks?

>something that has no place on Veeky Forums
wow those are some hot opinions user it's almost like people disagree with you

>literally begging the question

How do you know they were deleted by a mod and not the OP?

Frankly I don't care where quests go or if they are banned completely.

They are not on Veeky Forums and that is literally all that matters.

>There were no rules opposing them
The board's for discussing traditional games, quests are a game played upon the internet using an electronic device, take that shit to /v or take it to /qst.

I told him that banning quests in the first place was controversial and so asked why it was done. He hasn't been back since. But that was only yesterday.

Breaking board rules and ban evading to continue shitposting is wrong, user, regardless of your stances.

If you use it as a tactic to get your way, and it works, expect others to do the same.

It's completely retarded. Worldbuilding, greentexts, ...cheesecake, quests, are all our board's culture, and having it taken away is just... dumb.

First is off-topic because it's not about a per-established traditional game.

Second is a reddit-tier AMA. Now we are rid of it and better for it.

Third is just gay. That's all the reason it needs to be banned.

In fact, all these reasons too also apply to quests as they do these threads. Enjoy your leave questershit.

I like the slow Veeky Forums with tabletop-related themes hitting the bump limit, so good riddance.

Questfags dealt with eight years of antiquestfag tantrums.

Your only hope for them not tantruming back for eight years is that they might be less autistic than antiquestfags.

Quests are themselves traditional games and they contain discussion about themselves.

Should character art threads go to /r/?

Yeah, I'd like to see a reason for this too. I don't want quests on Veeky Forums, but I think removing them may have set a bad precedent. Veeky Forums needs little moderation as far as content. Just be excellent.

I'm just here to read the butthurt on both sides, but:
> Enjoy your leave
I had a bit of a chuckle. Keep working on the english, my friend.

>Making games is now against the rules
>Talking about games is now against the rules

Nazimod confirmed.

These fucks won't be happy until Veeky Forums is worse than RPG.net.

Quests are better off on /qst/. While I have no particular objection to the concept of quests, there were so many separate ones that it was pushing other discussion off Veeky Forums. The fact that many quests were utterly banal didn't help matters. From my perspective, since /qst/ was introduced Veeky Forums's been a much more pleasant board to browse.

Quest warriors vs Antiquest stalwarts, HAVEN OR HELL, BATTLE *stoppedcountingamonthago*, LET'S ROCK

strawpoll.me/11252294

We should bring back virtualoptim. I unironically miss his anger and hatred. Half the reason I risked going on Veeky Forums at work was to laugh at his sheer vitriol. I kind of wonder what he's doing now.

Gentle reminder, there were less than 10 quests a day when qst was made.

>No. Why do people insist on this after they got their own damn board?
Questfags never wanted their own board, they were herded there as a result of anti-questfags bitching.

Being stuck in a board just for quests is actively harmful to questing. Quests need visibility to draw participants, and they just can't get that if the only way people find them is if they actively go looking for the quest board.

At a bare minimum, we need to allow board-specific QTG threads on other boards, to generate exposure outside /qst/. Discuss fantasy quests here on Veeky Forums, anime quests on /a/, etc. If the mods can't even give us that, then they need to drop the act that they actually give a damn about questing and admit they just want to exile us to a ghetto board to die.

These are not games that have been existed so it is correct they're banned.

Homebrew threads are next as they are also not traditional games discussion.

He's been back occaisionally, but he's not as talkative now. His posts are so obvious and he gets a bunch of replies each time so I think he mostly lurks now.

Don't forget these.

strawpoll.me/11226987/r
strawpoll.me/11227013/r

He's got a tumblr (of course) and he still posts on tg, just anonymously. (You can generally tell, he can't let go of his autistic obsessions)
He sometimes takes caps of his posts and puts them up on his tumblr to show what an epik trollman he is. (not)

>it's not published therefore it's off topic

Stop sucking so many corporate dicks, holy shit.

Quests should remain on they're pointless clutter that have nothing to do with traditional gaming.

>These are not games that have been existed so it is correct they're banned.
>Only official games made by official companies allowed

bait.jpg

It's simple:

>clear, transparent rules
This is already in place, but just publicly ban people for repetitive bullshit to show, explicitly, what is okay, what's not okay, and why. After a week or so of this, people will inherently moderate themselves, for the most part, and the ravenous shitlords will be gone because they don't possess the capacity for reasonable conversation.

>Establish better containment for /pol/
This is the easiest thing ever. One sticky that says "Political discussion as it relates in game is fine. Contemporary political discussion is not. Using your in-game scenario to discuss contemporary politics is not okay." This includes all "cuck this" and "kike that" posts, all blatantly obvious bait, and all discussion about sjw vs alt right anything. The people who discuss these topics are mentally impaired and there will never be productive discussion on these topics.

>crack down on shilling
Pretty self-explanatory, it just need to be enforced.

>Ban anyone discussing quests
While this one is more controversial, after being in every single one of these threads because I have no life, it's very clear that it's a small group of dedicated idiots. The vast majority of the board is apathetic, and a few jerks continue to have the same cyclical argument every single day. It's tiresome, quests have a different board, and if the board isn't successful, it's the fault of the questers for making unappealing quests, and turning their threads into giant tribal circlejerks.

>playing traditional games has nothing to do with traditional gaming

>Waifu-succubus-demon lust quest #4259

Oh boy I sure do want shitty threads like those back.

No corporate bait or lure.

These are the decisions and that is final.
You may not agree but that is not what matters.

Didn't this get obliterated last time?

I still say no. Playing games =/= discussing games. I have always seen Veeky Forums as a discussion and resources board.

Gentle reminder, they were all on the front page before qst was around. Now they aren't.

I think that these OPs are attempting to pose questions and provoke discussion about them, it's just that these questions suck. Even so, it's still Veeky Forums.

Uh. Dude. The first and last are both Veeky Forums, and if the new guy's asking for advice, help, or criticism, the second is also Veeky Forums. Get the tree out of your ass and come back later.

Yeah, I don't get that attitude from the anti folks. What are we supposed to do with the dice functions anyway if it's off-topic to roll them for stuff?

You're a looney.

>strawmanning
what about non-fetish non-anime quests actually set in Veeky Forums settings?

>strawpoll.me/11252294
How could you possibly filter quality and content?

>Gentle reminder, there were less than 10 quests a day when qst was made.
We are growing stronger!

>Should quest threads be allowed on Veeky Forums?
No, they have their own board now.
Stay gone.

>Letting something exist is not a board decision.
Veeky Forums becoming the quest ghetto was an administrative decision, and people were silenced for disagreeing with herr fuhrer despite it being completely fucking arbitrary

>there was no controversial action that had to be taken to allow them
I mean aside from all the bans when people spoke up about the wave of shit content, sure.

They should buckle down and make /qst/ better or more accessible. A less specific /games/ board could be pretty gr8, and get the activity and attention that /qst/ users seemingly can't live without.

Actually only one or two were on the front page at any given time, if you check the archive

I am thrilled that quests are gone, but I am genuinely concerned that topic policing will become too strict. Veeky Forums does not need heavy moderation. We have great discussion about philosophy, fiction, history, and even just stupid fun shit that isn't really related to Veeky Forums, and that should be allowed.

Quests were annoying because so many people were not at all interested in them, yet the nature of the threads kept them bumped and all over the front page. It seemed like five or so guys were keeping an unduly large presence on the board by bumping their thread. I wish there was a way to have them back without clogging up the front page but I don't see how.

Should all mention of Roll20 and other tools for playing traditional games electronically also go to /v/?

Quest threads share far more in common with traditional games than video games, even if they do take place through an electronic medium. /v/ wouldn't even be my second choice after Veeky Forums for where quests fit; I'd say Veeky Forums would be more appropriate, since quests are essentially "choose your own adventure novels" written on the fly. But Veeky Forums is still the better board, because a number of quests use dice to resolve actions.

Oh dear god, this is so goddamn retarded, I can't even!

>strawpoll.me/11227013/r
I cannot and do not believe there are 250 people that give a shit.

Quests can get visibility by being actually good and not raw sewage.

>Veeky Forums becoming the quest ghetto was an administrative decision, and people were silenced for disagreeing with herr fuhrer despite it being completely fucking arbitrary
Well, I suppose we can agree that I don't think quests should've been herded onto Veeky Forums.
In my opinion quests should be put on the boards in which their settings hold most relevance.
Anime quests go to /a/. Warhammer quests on Veeky Forums, etc.

Yes.

/qst/ was a mistake and Veeky Forums was home to quests for ten years.

Ideally, Quests should be allowed on the board they are most related to so they might get like-minded people to play them.

Why moot corralled them here in the first place is a mystery.

Why the mod corralled all quests to /qst/ when the players were Veeky Forums posters is baffling and stupid.

>tumblr

Link?

An idea floating around was that anything with 'quest' in the title only bumps to page 2. A sort of pseudo-autosage.

Hiro is a strange man, on one hand he could post once every day. He has every reason to do that

then he fucks off for three months at a time.

I 100% expect all of this to end with him just disappearing and nothing changing.

Pls mod this guy Hiro. He even says he has no life, which I believe is an essential mod criteria.