CHAPTER ROLLING THREAD

I'M FUCKING BORED LETS INVENT SOME SHIT

LETS START WITH A FUCKING SPACE MARINE CHAPTER

YOU ALL KNOW WHAT FUCKING TABLE WE'RE USING, ROLL A D10 SO WE KNOW WHY WE WERE FUCKING FOUNDED JESUS FUCK

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mithraism
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Rolled 6 (1d10)

Rolled 4 (1d10)

WE WERE FOUNDED TO COUNTER A SPECIFIC THREAT EVEN THOUGH IT TAKES LIKE A HUNDRED YEARS AND EVERYONE IS PROBABLY DEAD BY NOW OH WELL D100 WHEN WERE WE FOUNDED

LETS MAKE IT FUN AND SAY WE WERE FOUNDED TO COUNTER A SPECIFIC THREAT VIA STRATEGIC PROGNOSTICATION. BECAUSE IT'S MY THREAD AND I FUCKING SAY SO

WHATS THE NEXT TABLE DICE

I SAID D100 GODDAMN

Rolled 88 (1d100)

OH SHIT NIGGA, I'M RETARDED

41st Millenium (Twenty-Sixth and last known Founding)

WE'RE FUCKING NEW KIDS ON THE BLOCK, D100 FOR PROGENITOR

I KINDA WANT TO STOP TYPING IN ALL CAPS NOW BUT I FEEL LIKE I'VE COMMITTED TO A THING

Rolled 8 (1d100)

Naw, you can stop.

Uh, think we could swap these rolls around? They're both all eights anyway.

Ultramarines.

Contrary to popular belief I like the ultra's, but has a suggestion. I'll consider it, but I say lets see how the dice pan out first. I want to know our chapters demeanor and tactics before we commit to anything - though white scars are pretty cool

Oh and I need a d10 next

Rolled 4 (1d10)

I too like Roman/Grecian space marines, but lets see.

Pure gene seed. Nothing unusual here. Now we get to the meat - d10 for Demeanor

Rolled 4 (1d10)

rolling

PURITY
ABOVE
ALL

d10 for flaw!

Rolled 8 (1d10)

>flaw
NO WE /PURITY/ NOW

WHAT BETTER WAY IS THERE TO SHOW THE PURITY OF THE HUMAN FORM

THAN TO PUNCH XENOS IN THE FACE SO THEY MAY BASK IN THE GLORY OF OUR HUMAN FISTS

Eye to Eye - The Chapter hates any method of warfare other than running up to the enemy and punching them.

WE ARE PURE, PURE AS FUCK. PURE HUMAN PUNCHES.

D100, FIGURE OF LEGEND

Rolled 13 (1d100)

We pankration marines?

Rolled 85 (1d100)

A Battle-Brother seconded from a previous generation Successor or even the First Founding Legion that provided the new Chapter’s gene-seed. Roll again on this table to determine what type of warrior he was, rerolling if you get this result again.

Company Captain (roll d10 to determine which company).

GIMME D10

Rolled 4 (1d10)

The 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th Companies are known as Battle Companies and are split into six Tactical Squads, two Assault Squads and two Devastator Squads.

Our founder/figure of legend is a Hero from ANOTHER ultra successor, someone so great they were given the honor of founding their own chapter. Because it was prophesied they would need to counter a specific threat. Interestingly enough, we favor assault over shooting, even though THE CODEX ASTARTES DOES NOT APPROVE OF THAT ACTION. Perhaps we reserve the ASSAULT positions for our veterans, rather than the tactical squads. Assuming we don't go back and flip our progenitor to White Scars, in which case we are ALL JUMP PACKS ALL THE TIME probably

d100 for deeds of legend

Rolled 6 (1d100)

Rolled 47 (1d100)

Our choices are ORKS or SLEW A FUCKING DEMON PRINCE.

It's always fucking Orks and killing a demon prince is hard core. I'm going with Roll #2.

I will use for our homeworld, which is apparently A HIVE WORLD. No wonder we like to run up and hit people close, URBAN ENVIRONMENT FUCKERS.

I just had a glorious idea, if we switch to White Scars, we make our marines all ex-gangbangers and our chapter strategy is drive bys and hood-stomps.

Ok maybe not.

d100 for terrain

Rolled 3 (1d100)

Ocean terrain get!

YES TIME FOR URBAN JUNGLE

Sorry fucker, you got JUNGLE.

JUNGLE. HIVE. WORLD.

Cities literally built into massive tree's! Back Alleys prowled by dangerous predators!

d10 for rule!

>Cities literally built into massive trees

Please not this, it has been done almost every time someone rolsl up hive and jungle in these types of threads

Rolled 9 (1d10)

How about we just do a hive world where they haven't fucked the planet over by polluting. Maybe there is some clean DAoT recycling machine or something that has kept pollution to a minimum

How about the hives were built in the jungle, but eventually the jungle just started growing back into the hives. The lower levels are covered in mosses and twisting vines, and it's hot and steamy like no ones business.

alright how about that the sprawl and the jungle just sort of... grew into each other.

the whole place is a hothouse filled with displaced wild animals probably being carved up by the sick fucks in the lower parts of the hives. Weird poisonous plants thrive in the sewer systems and the wealthy use large, but not building sized trees, to shield themselves from the sun at immense cost. Take a wrong turn and you'll run into some fuckers personal preserve or a huge beast being milked for some chemical.

Maybe the Marines left for a while to go fight that Prophecized threat, and when the got back the Hive had backslid a little.

I like the idea of dark age machines or just machines in general has taken care of the waste and toxins that a hive normally leave behind. But it has become "too" clean and now the jungle has started to reclaim some parts.

Distant rule - "You see that castle up there? It's inhabited by the mighty sky-warriors of Emp-rar. Sometimes they come and steal our children."

considering this

Just a city half overgrown with aggressive jungle

D10 for organization

Rolled 1 (1d10)

>Just a city half overgrown with aggressive jungle

Like this?
Just googled something quick

So what are we calling these curb-stomping jungle dwelling fuckers ?

Literally as codex adherent as you can possibly get.

d10 for combat doctrine

Rolled 1 (1d10)

>Distant Rule

>'BRRRRRRROTHER, PERHAPS WE SHOULD TAKE A MOMENTARY RESPITE FROM OUR TRAINING TO CHECK ON THIS WORLD'

>'I'M SURE THE HIVES FLOURISH, WE NEED FOCUS NOT ON THIS WORLD WHEN MANY MORE RELY ON OUR INEVITABLE AND GLORIOUS DEFEAT OF THE COMING FOE'

>meanwhile someone's entrails are smeared across the outside of a nearby window by a roaming Space Tiger

rollan

I've got some ideas for the name of the planet:

>Zhad's Rest
>Unver-Seum
>Tropik
>Uran'Tang
>Redrokorbotov

Just brainstorming here really

>close combat

Was there EVER ANY FUCKING DOUBT?

D100 for beliefs!

>close combat
sounds about right

Rolled 6 (1d100)

100 get!

Revere the Primarch - "Our Spiritual Liege is better than yours!"

KEK

d10 for strength

Rolled 9 (1d10)

stronk!

THE CHAPTER IS READY

FOR

THE FORETOLD THREAT

I like unver-seum

I dub thee...The Fists of Guilman!

Dorn can go suck it!

Imperial fists are just showcaste marines anyways. All they do is parading

Fully fit and damn near over strength

d100 for friends

I like the idea of marines that straight up advance in formation with Lockshields like the Arbites use to literally phalanx up on mother fuckers with bolt pistols and gladius combat knives. FULL ROME.

Rolled 17 (1d100)

Administratium get!

So close, SO close to Administatum or even better, Arbites. Instead, we get another chapter. We have to choose....

d100 for enemies

Rolled 82 (1d100)

How about we roll our allied chapter too?

A particular Chaos-aligned group (i.e., Traitor Titan Legion, Chaos pirates, renegade Imperial Guard, etc.)

Makes sense, as our Chapter Founder fucked some Demon Princes shit

I don't have a chart to roll for allied chapter though!

Sure why not. Who knows, we may even get Imperial fists as our allied chapter.

Just roll up another chapter and say they're our allies

Op returns after 10,000 hours in MS Paint. Roll me a d100. 100 is Choose or Reroll

Rolled 82 (1d100)

C'mon Imperial Fists.

>White Minotaurs
>literally who: the chapter

I am a pathetic twat of a man!

Hm. Well, I hesitate to enforce fanon onto canon, but we could always fluff these guys on the fly. Or reroll.

GOD FUCKING DAMN WHY ARE WE ALL FUCKING YELLING?

DO ANY OF YOU PANSY-ASS SPACE ROGAL DORN BITCHES WANT SOME COLORS GENERATED OR SHIT?

We're Guilliemans Girlies, not Worst Chapter. How do you propose color generation?

Given our chapters Roman leanings, the mysterious and unknown White Minotaurs could represent a mysterious and unknown benefactor, in similar fashion to the Cult of Mithras that was wide spread in Rome pre-Christianity. Little is known now or survives of Mitraism, and so too the White Minotaurs

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mithraism

WHERE IS THE SUMMARY POST

FUCK

OK FUCK JESUS I HAD TO GO EAT

ULTRAMARINES SUCCESSOR

FOUNDED TO COUNTER A SPECIFIC THREAT (VIA STRATEGIC PROGNOSTICATION)

41ST MILLENIUM FOUNDING

PURE GENE SEED

PURITY ABOVE ALL DEMEANOR

EYE TO EYE FLAW

CLOSE COMBAT BATTLE TACTICS

FOUNDED BY A COMPANY CAPTAIN FROM A PREVIOUS GENERATION

HE KILLED A DAEMON PRINCE

OUR CHAPTER WORLD IS A JUNGLE HIVE WORLD

WE RULE DISTANTLY

FULL STRENGTH

OUR ALLIES ARE THE WHITE MINOTAURS

OUR ENEMIES ARE A SPECIFIC CHAOS GROUP/FACTION

----
ASSORTED IDEAS INCLUDE:

WE USE BOARDING SHIELDS TO MARCH UP CLOSE

OUR HOMEWORLD HIVES ARE HALF OVERTAKEN WITH AGGRESSIVE JUNGLE

OUR RELATIONSHIP WITH THE WHITE MINOTAURS IS MURKY AND MYSTERIOUS AND NO ONE KNOWS QUITE WHAT TO MAKE OF THEM

WE PUNCH THE FUCK OUT OF PEOPLE

I tried.

The Fists of Guilliman were founded in the 41st Millennium in order to counter a threat foretold by prognostication. The Honor of founding this bulwark went to [UNKNOWN] of the [UNKNOWN] Ultramarines successor chapter after his valiant slaying of a Demon Prince.

Possessed of a gene-seed and doctrinal legacy most pure, the Fists have become extremely sensitive to Purity in all things. They often prefer a closer ranged form of combat, moving as one in a tight phalanx to crush the enemies of the Emperor and their Spiritual Liege. However, this same zeal for Purity often compels them to force the assorted Xenos and Heretics arrayed against them to appreciate the glory of the Human Form by punching them in the face.

While the world the FoG rule is one of the great Imperial Hive Worlds, they have let their hold over it grow loose and unused as they instead hone their skills and bolster their numbers in the face of the FORETOLD THREAT. This has allowed the native jungle life of the planet to reclaim much of the lower depths of the hives. Whispers lay the blame on ancient machinery from the Dark Age of Technology, but who can truly say?

The FoG speak in hushed tones of the 'White Minotaurs, a near-forgotten chapter who the Fists regard as a secretive but benevolent ally against the FORETOLD THREAT: A particularly large force of Chaos.

Powerfists are revered wargear only given to warriors of renown. Only the greatest have the privilege to PUNCH HERETICS AND XENOS IN THE FUCKING FACE!

Also based on how this thread has gone, I feel like they have to yell whenever they mention PUNCHING PEOPLE IN THE FACE!

Well, it passed the time at least

Our custom chapter didn't turn out too wierd or unique, but it has potential.

I need to go to bed now though. I have no delusions this thread will still be here tomorrow. Thanks for playing with me anons

Have a Veeky Forums safe tiki elf

bumpin

I like Unver-Seum.

it just sounds good.

bump

How about we roll up a chaos warband that is literally called "The foretold threat"?

Rolled 24 (1d100)

I'd be down for that.

rolling for what brand of sick these guys work for.

did you die?

Rolled 9 (1d100)

I realized that doing it by myself kind of defeats the purpose of the thread.

I mean, I'll keep going.

rollan for """"blessings""""

>Chaos Undivided

Ok, maybe you can put what needs to be rolled into the next post?
Didn't mean to come of as rude...

>Chaos Undivided

Clearly we're fighting shooty Chaos Marines.

nah that's fine, just felt kinda weird taking over for OP.

>9
>none
shit this warband hasn't gotten anyone's (well. any-horrible-singularity-of-extreme-emotion) attention yet!

fits with the whole "foretold" thing. still building up strength.

I guess we should skip the "what kind of blessing" roll and move straight onto the HQ roll.

gimme a d100!

Rolled 96 (1d100)

>none (Ex. Inspired by or originates from Alpha Legion)
well that's never a good sign.

roll up a d100 to find out how much of the warband is cannon fodder

Rolled 97 (1d100)

>no cultists
>only marines
when the FoG fight these guys it'll be like looking through an edgy funhouse mirror

1d100 to figure out how they get people in that armor

Rolled 91 (1d100)

>inb4 90+

You fucking called it.

>Recruits from other Chaos Legions or Warbands
Poaching bloodthirsty maniacs and hitting up the coherent ones in a brain drain to assemble an actually working force?

seems about right.

nice rolls by the way. 1d10 for combat doctrine.

IT WAS

FORETOLD

Rolled 1 (1d10)

>Close Combat
[edgy funhouse mirror intensifies]

THE PROPHECY

1d100 for the exalted champion, and my money's on the Demon Prince the Chapter Founder slew.

Rolled 10 (1d100)

>THE PROPHECY

>DEMON PRINCE
THE PROPHECY

1D10 FOR DEEDS

Rolled 1 (1d10)

>The figure is renowned for defeating the Forces of the Imperium in battle several times.

IT ALL COMES TOGETHER

>The figure is renowned for defeating the Forces of the Imperium in battle several times.

>IT ALL COMES TOGETHER

>IT ALL COMES TOGETHER

Chaos recap?

Chaos Undivided

No blessings/mutations

No HQ

no cultists, only marines

Recruits from other Chaos Legions or Warbands

Close Combat

Champion is daemon prince renowned for defeating the Forces of the Imperium in battle several times.

Anything else?

Good. How about we fluff them out?