>Pastebin:
pastebin.com/7sSgGVPH
mediafire.com/download/n7htcqyqk0y0acy/[WtF]The_Pack.PDF
mediafire.com/download/a1kpjrm41yzozkq/V20_Ghouls_&_Revenants.pdf

>Latest News
theonyxpath.com/now-available-mage-condition-and-numina-cards/

Promethean 2e is out
>richfags
drivethrurpg.com/product/189395/Promethean-the-Created-2nd-Edition?manufacturers_id=4261&language=en&affiliate_id=498510

>Mage 2e Errata
drive.google.com/file/d/0BxveHUKxwBU9UUZ4UjZJdEhIM2c/view?usp=sharing
>new mega
mega.nz/#F!rFIDxRRK!IEzkLlroRoPwmDqtxKRMsw

This week's Monday Meeting Notes:
theonyxpath.com/enough-with-the-conventions-already-monday-meeting-notes/

>Question
What's the worst thing you've ever discovered in your explorations of the setting, or dropped on players if running?

Other urls found in this thread:

discordapp.com/invite/VHAx2B3
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

What supplement would you pitch if you could?

Good. I was going to have to make the general. No one wanted that.

Succubus.

I would show you the opening fiction, but this is a blue board.

Can anyone recommend some good Cheron enchantments for a mid level hunter? The character is a former child solider turned medic from Liberia. They just joined and I want some advice lads. Image very relevant.

Op put /wod/ instead of /wodg/.We're all doomed!

Shit, sorry. I was doing it from my phone, but if someone is searching for it in the catalog they still have to pass through WoD to get to the G and it should be fine.

I'm more ashamed that I can't link the old thread since it is damned near impossible to just highlight the old thread's number in the archive using my fingers, can't just click on it and get a post box.

True. I'm just scrambling for excuses why the thread is dead.

I mean, we also had no new thread for like an hour, so maybe everyone is watching handegg.

Its Sunday, people might be out and about. Or watching yonder foosball. Or family, who knows. I'm at work on my phone and it is dead as fuck, probably because it is the ritual NFL worship night.

A coworker tried to get me to cover him today so he could watch gridiron ball.

I told him it was my DnD night (which is true). I guess now I have to deal with everyone else being away from home.

I haven't really been around due to Scion hype, other interests, and it becoming abundantly clear that my submissions were ignored or rejected.

Scion KS next week, fingers crossed. And second session of my playtest game where things might actually finally go down, since we all sort of got babby's first rolls in the system out of the way last time and are now getting ready to try and use and abuse the systems to see what needs fixing and all. I'll share anything fun that happens in the Scion KS hype general that I'm sure you'll make.

I'm living vicariously through you, user, as I don't have a group. But I'll definitely start that general once things go live.

Use the typical writer denial stance.

Denial is a chance to grow better, and one day be accepted.

Seriously, there are too many people in the world that want the same stuff for us all to be accepted. It is no big thing.

An artifical gland that pumps out a compound very similar to one found in the bodies of werewolves right before they shift back to being human. Increases awareness at the risk of inducing anxiety or aggression. Could be useful for intense medical emergencies.

That does sound like something very nice too have, plus the way he got into the group was by giving them a dead werewolf. I did have a live one to give them as well but the other cucks gave it away.

What do I need to implement power armor, both supernatural and technological.

Maybe making them out of the Perfected Metals?

>and technological
Enormous advancements in portable power and robotic technology to make the suits powered motion with you guiding it work right. And possibly unshakeable faith in the emperor

That's fluff, I'm talking crunch.

Honestly though, would it be too far out to have the TFV carry a few experimental exo-suits, to let them use heavier weapons? Like the Mjolnir cannon.

Given that the mundane real-world US military is already researching exo-suits, I think that's wholly valid.

Thing is though, the power armor is not just a robot but also has a human inside with separate stats and such. It's more than just a suit of armor but not just a vehicle.

Yeah. That's my argument as well. The big hurdle is really just the power right now.
And if the TFV has access to lightning cannons, I don't think it'd be too far fetched to assume they can bypass that with their wondertech.

Do we have a Discord?

Do you seriously think that's a good idea?

>What's the worst thing you've ever discovered in your explorations of the setting, or dropped on players if running?

I'm running a Promethean game for someone who doesn't know anything about the setting. They're playing an Extempore. Every day they discover that, as a Promethean, life's shit and everyone hates you.

Let's see if I can get banned from that one, too.

Life as a Promethean is slightly less shitty than it was in 1e, at least!

>Op put /wod/ instead of /wodg/.We're all doomed!

The end is nigh, the end is nigh!

Has anyone else noticed that DaveB and Chris Allen almost never post of /wodg/ any more?

That span of time when five threads were dedicated to 2hu screaming at Dave for publishing an unplayable piece of shit or whatever may have contributed to that.

Chris has been quieter on the forums recently as well, though I'd just chalk them up to being busy.

I'm wondering if anyone knows if the Pilgrimage Sheet in Promethean 2nd edition is available anywhere?

No, but it's also basically useless and not that great.

I did however make a much better version of it. It isn't form fillable because I don't know how.

I could make one, but really we'd just circlejerk, shit on each other, or reveal just how little any of us actually play.
Oh wait, most of that last one already happens in the thread.
Plus, it might make the threads even quieter than they already are.

I understand why Dave would want to avoid the abuse, autism, idiocy and willful ignorance often displayed against him and his work on tg. However, he still posts on occasion.

However, Chris seems to have totally disappeared from here and the OPP forums. It's surprising and disappointing. He used to post a lot, rarely received any criticism or blame for anything, and provided tons of supplemental material. I hope he's still an active and influential WW author.

You do know he has a job, right?

I'm pretty sure magazines are going into the winter quarter.

He still updates his actual play thread and there's no Werewolf projects to work on right now. Freelancers aren't constantly employed, you know.

Dammit, you got me hyped for just a moment thinking that they had put out rules and fluff for being in Duat as a mummy or a sin eater .

According to Dave, Duat is canonically not in the Underworld and so Sin-Eaters are unlikely to go there.

Which is fine, but fucks up my theory that the Arisen lose their memories because they pass through the Ocean of Fragments when they die.

Escapist the Founding.

Pseudo mages who have realized that the world of darkness is flawed and horrible, and in the end irreparable. Thus they work to create a personal world that lets them just quit reality, becoming the source of a new one and taking their chosen people along to start over without the troubles that plague the world of darkness, aka, all the things going bump in the night.
Would have lots of strange abilities to effect and change the cosmology and other such oddities.

In my Promethean solo game, the poor Promethean has disquieted the mage that is their only current ally.

I mean, the odds of it happening were so low I didn't think it would happen. I was almost going to fudge the roll (which tells me I probably shouldn't have done the roll in the first place). Still, everything gets interesting from here.

Then where is it? I want fluff and rules and so on to help define Duat and Sekhem and dammit everything with mummy just feels like half of something awesome to me.

There is still a theory that Duat is one of the lost domains of the underworld yeah?

So it used to be down there, just... not anymore?

Sekhem is pretty damn well defined, and the Sekhem sorcerers in the DE Companion cover what little we're missing.

Duat doesn't really need to be detailed, as you'll likely never go there beyond being dead. Think of it as Lower Depth whose core lacking thing is Sekhem or life.

>DE Companion
Wait, what did I miss now?

Dark Eras?

They had so many stretch goals that they're putting them in another book.

>Sekhem sorcerers in the DE Companion cover what little we're missing

First, since the book has not yet been released or substantively spoiled, your comment is an expression of hope, not fact.

We're also missing a damned lot about Sekhem sorcerers, including any mechanics.

The writer of the chapter with them in there has a decent track record and has been pretty open about what he's doing with it. I have high hopes.

Okay so it's not out, hence why I haven't read it.
I really hope they do more, the way everything was set up in mummy... Lots of potential that hasn't been tapped yet.

Rio should have some goodies hiding in it, there;s two chapter in the Dark Eras Companion, and then hopefully we'll see some stuff in the Crossover Chronicle. If the timeline holds, 2e should be announced next year and out a year or so after that.

Once Sekhem Sorcerers are out, the only things I'm really hoping to see are demons from Duat and some hints about how Mummy Twilight doesn't play nice with the rest of the CofD's Twilight.

I hope you're right. However, I cannot say I'm even cautiously optimistic due to the simple fact that the topic is substantial and space will be limited since it's just one matter that needs to be addressed among many in just one chapter of a larger book. I'm not concerned about the intent or abilities of the author or developer, but rather keenly aware of the evils of limited word count.

It's a good thing that chapter got an expanded word count, then!

I think you're overly optimistic of an announcement of Mummy 2e next year.

Even if there is such an announcement, we still wouldn't a new edition until 2019 or 2020, at the earliest.

The timeline has held pretty true so far, and that extra year or two of writing gives me time to get hired to write on it!

Did it get an extension exclusively to deal with Sekhem sorcerers? If not, it really doesn't matter.

I believe the new Mummy material (and much of everything else) will be quite good, but don't expect major setting elements to get the attention they deserve in small parts of books not solely devoted to that particular game line.

discordapp.com/invite/VHAx2B3

Just a gross Vozhd hidden in a trailer on an abandoned street corner in a power outage in the rain. Not very terrible.

Hrm. Dropped on players?

Troile. Has to be Troile. Troile, addressing a large chunk of the Brujah clan and claiming the 'truest allies' of the Brujah were the Baali and then blood-french-kissing Moloch, a Baali Methuselah, while a battle broke out.

itbegins.mp3

I don't know what a vozhd is, but for some reason this is making me think of IN A VAN, DOWN BY THE RIVER

Vozhd are Tzimisce war ghouls, I think made of several ghouls smushed together.

>tfw the only person in the Mummy chat

Wait, it's an actual Discord? I thought it was another troll like the last time someone linked a Discord.

Its legit.

Generals by nature are already inbred, insular circlejerks. This discord is going to compound that to a ludicrous degree.

No user means less gratuitous insults and more hate for specifics

at least we won't be anons, user.

Why the fuck are you even here then?

Sometimes you need somewhere where you can discuss how bad a book is without being banned for hurting someone's feelings

Because of your charming personality.

because I want to see angry nerds fight over stupid shit!!

but in all seriousness I like debating over stuff I like and this is a good enough place as any to do it.

>without being banned for hurting someone's feelings
You mean like in a discord?

So? That's why I'm also staying here

Good lord. Well, good luck with that, I guess.

A discord is place where you get banned for hurting people's feelings. It's the opposite of everything this place is. What reason could you have for going there what wouldn't contradict reasons for going here?

No reason. Don't go there. No one wants you there.
You don't even play the game.

Doesn't that just make it IRC? That didn't stop Veeky Forums from having a whole bunch of IRC channels.

Look at who populates the IRC channels, though.

Not everyone is only on Veeky Forums because of anonymous.

I'm here because there aren't a bunch of specific threads and hoops to jump through to talk.

This thread is just all of wod. Not wod but specifically talking about ghoul butts or something.

Maybe beneath the Ocean of Fragments is passage to the Lower Depths and therefore Duat, since there is a domain that is basically a passage way to Arcadia/The Hedge. Also helps that back long ago, the Underworld was completely flooded as the Ocean of Fragments, the water level just dropped.

The correct answer is no one, right?

I'm here, friend, but I won't go there. If you want to talk mummies or Scion away from the OPP forums, this is the place to be.

I mean, I'm not leaving or anything, and you bet your ass I'll be there for the Scion general once the crowdfunding goes live. And I'll be there to ruin things with queer Netjer Scions.

Why netjer specifically? I get that as a gay man (unless you're secretly trans or something and I missed that) you can get some RP mileage from the queer thing and personal experience but pretty much all the pantheons have some intense gay and weird sex thrown in there.

Is it because of the mpreg lettuce thing?

My current kick is trying to turn the Osiris losing his dick narrative into a transgender story, where leaving behind masculinity is the secret to becoming god(dess) of the Underworld.

Trans girl, by the way. I think. Bracing for the derail.

The Greco-Roman specialty power is all about changing shape and Neal has said Loki will use the singular they/them, so it should be a fun book.

But a discord clique could create hoops to jump through. It could whittle away the population of the already slow threads once everyone spends all their time in the discord ERPing. It could lead to the thread itself becoming consumed by this attention whoring, circlejerking, and interpersonal drama at best, and at worst, the thread would exist solely as advertisement for the discord, consisting of absolutely nothing but a copypasted OP and literally hundreds of bumps. Do you want this to turn into Veeky Forums?

I understand that this thread is for talking about WoD as a great big whole. But if very few people even do that in the first place, the discord is redundant. Of course it is entirely possible for the thread to be a wasteland while the discord is absolutely fucking packed, and if it isn't apparent to you why that's a nightmare that would scare the devil himself, then this all for nothing.

I wish. For starters, you have janitors and prospective janitors. Enough said. Then you have folks like Inspector Redwood and another mod whose name I can't say because he searches the archives and bans anyone who mentions him. Some of you might know who I'm talking about.

>Bracing for the derail.
Meh. I think that people here who dislike you already have more immediate practical reasons. I also disagree with you on the Osiris thing since I think it was more about an act of shaming/dominance from Set more than anything else but I mean, you're not in my game so we don't have to butt heads over it.

He has mentioned it enough times. No one cares about his trans scion stuff.

Honestly, I'm not enough of a pansy to be scared by a discord chat.

I never said it was a practical or accurate reading, just one that enables a fun little twist on things that admittedly fits better in Unknown Armies than Scion.

>Honestly, I'm not enough of a pansy to be scared by a discord chat.
I just don't intend to go, not like I don't have a million other things going on at once to add another. People can do whatever, won't really hurt anyone.

>He has mentioned it enough times
Apparently I'm a retard then. That's okay I guess, only have upwards to aim.

I was just dunking on IRC as a concept being old.

I'm starting to think you're scaring people away from the game with your charming personality.

can someone explain to me exactly what MUSH is? Im lost

A descriptor of a GRUEL.

New to playing geist and wod in general what are some good tips and tricks regarding charms,ceremonies, keys, and manifestations. The elemental keys just seem like copy paste of each other with minor tweaks, and Oracle seems kinda meh

You're already too late.
The tip is to not play Geist.

Geist is probably the roughest 1e gameline. You're gonna have a real tough time of it.

Why is it rough why should I not play geist? Is it unplayable because of bad writing or something? So far it has been understandable but I'm just not sure about certain stuff

The game is listless. There isn't really much to 'do', which can be hard for ST's to counterbalance.

And if I have a good st who can give us plenty of things to do?

Then you play Geist I guess. I mean the basic ideas of the game aren't hard to work with but there's a lot more GM side work than Vampire or Werewolf where a plethora of things to do are baked in, as well as suggestions as to why doing things that aren't normal for the game can work too giving more material to work with.

Or you could be cool and be part of an elite, select crowd by dropping Geist and playing Mummy