Warhammer 40k General

Genestealer cults edition edition
Allies of conveince sub-edition :^)
>Rules databases (Works but PC users need a Mega account)
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

>FAQ’s and Errata (outdated but official)
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s).
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

> The Black Library
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDbakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

> The Black Library
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PsnYrH3BUP8
youtube.com/watch?v=HsGRsDe3iRw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

First for Plastic Sisters in February.

From GW?
Not a chance.

Any recent games? Tell us about it. Working on something? Pics. Writing something up? Post it.

>New thread

Crimson Slaughter
Combined Arms Detachment

Chaos Lord w/
» Mark of Nurgle, Chaos Bike, Sigil of Corruption, Blight Grenades, Power Fist, Daemonheart
[185]

5 Chaos Spawn w/
» Mark of Nurgle
[180]

7 Plague Marines w/
» 2 Plasma Guns, Combi-plasma, Meltabombs
[213]
Chaos Rhino
[35]

7 Plague Marines w/
» 2 Meltaguns, Power Fist
[213]
Chaos Rhino
[35]

7 Plague Marines w/
» 2 Meltaguns, Power Fist
[213]
Chaos Rhino
[35]

3 Vindicators w/
» 3 Siege Shields, Maelstrom Raider (Legacy of Ruin)
[415]

3 Chaos Rapiers w/
» 3 Laser Destroyers
[165]

2 Obliterators w/
» Mark of Nurgle
[152]

TOTAL
[1841]

Hue, If we get plastic sisters in febuary I'll buy 1000 points worth of gretchen and paint them all to a tabletop standard in a month, then field them in a 40k battle against the resident tau waacfag and record it on youtube

I just put together my first 40k list and I'd appreciate any insight you guys have on it.

Basically I want to have the Tech Priest ride around in the Rhino keeping my vehicles in shape and have my dreadnought land behind enemy lines and light the enemy up. It's Iron Hands so I'm hoping the vehicles will prove to be pretty tough to bring down.

My friend and I have agreed not to run formations due to it being a low points game. I am however worried about bringing down his Riptide.

1026/1050pts

HQ: (95 Pts)
1x Tech Marine, Ironstone, Power Axe

Troops: (336pts)

10x Space Marines (190pts)
1x Sergeant; Boltgun, Bolt Pistol
8x Tactical Marines; Boltgun, Bolt Pistol
1x Tactical Marine; Plasmagun, Bolt Pistol
1x Rhino

10x Space Marines (176pts)
1x Sergeant; Boltgun, Bolt Pistol
7x Tactical Marines; Boltgun, Bolt Pistol
1x Tactical Marine; Plasmagun, Bolt Pistol
1x Rhino

Elites: (300pts)

1x Dreadnought; 2x TL Autocannons, Drop Pod (155pts)

1x Venerable Dreadnought; 2x TL Autocannons (145pts)

Heavy Support: (265pts)

1x Predator; TL Lascannon (100pts)

1x Predator; TL Lascannon (100pts)

1x Whirlwind (65pts)

Again, any insights or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Okay, I'll remember.

another fucking tac marine in the second plasma squad you sick bastard.

Does Veeky Forums have a tabletop sim group for 40k?

I want to get back into the game and learn the rules but I sold all my old stuff years ago.

Continuing the question from the end of last thread: How expensive would Mark of Tzeentch need to be if it gave +1W instead?

In general, I'm thinking of effects to make the marks better. In an ideal world though, a mark would provide a different but sensical bonus to each and every unit. What does a havoc with a lascannon want Mark of kKhorne for, afterall?

But say MoK made that havoc able to double-tap at half his BS rounded down per shooting phase..

Does anyone know a good bits seller that sells individual models? I need a pair of wulfen for a Norse blood bowl team conversion.

But I need room in the Rhino for the Techmarine....

So at 900 points which is better.

9-10 Deff Dreads or 15-18 Killa Kans?

Id say Dreads based only on the fact they dont have to take a "Leadership test" when getting shot at

I prefer Killa Kans, but not cause they're statistically better or something, I just really love those Kans.

Thinking about running a BA list (after getting a load of models for next to nothing), running a CAD consisting of the lib dread and the two scout squads. The rest make up a Archangels demi company, granting them stubborn, reserve roll turn 1, reroll reserve roll, scatter D6 less and reroll warlord trait if main detachment.

How competitive would this list be, and more importantly would it be fun to play with/against?

No one really replies to image lists from Battlescribe.

Write your list out like a normal person. And don't just copy+paste the thing from Battlescribe.

I'd rather not m8

Frogposters don't deserve help, anyway.

Suppose I wanted to run the following units/formations in a 2k pts game or less.
How would I do it? Not really sure anymore how this detachment stuff works. It's kinda overwhelming.

It's supposed to be a (Black Legion) Warband under the thrall of Be'lakor doing Abbadons bidding (for now..).

Anyways the stuff I want:

>Be'lakor
>Cyclopia Cabal
>Raptor Talon
>Heldrake Terrorpack

My main recurring enemies are IG and Orks so the LD modifiers tend to matter.

Reminder that nids and Genestealers will be aoc even though all official material will show cultists praising nids as gods

I really need an Angel's Blade PDF, guys. My OCD does not permit me to have a different file type than my other 239 Codices and supplements.

Yes? That doesn't mean the Nids won't try to eat them if they get close.

I really like this image. Mind if I save it?

How's this for a kill team?

One ravenwing command squad w / champion
One ravenwing bike squad

Comes out to 200 even

Which is better Anti-Air, three IG Hydras, or three SM Stalkers?

ok friend

The actual eating part all happens when the fleet actually needs more biomass, plus nids and cultists are collectively under the control of the hive mind anyways.

>Crimson Slaughter
>CAD
We waited so long not to have to do this anymore.

Thats 28 boxes and at least 9 full unit's, not counting potential HQ.

And? Nothing stops daemons from killing cultists when they get close but they're battle brothers.

Unless the cultists are what keeps them tied to realspace.

They still have to be fluffy though. Nurgle would be way more likely to give +1W than Tzeentch

Daemons are sapien, they understand the concept of alliance.

Nothing in Traitor's Hate appeals to me. What detachment or formations would you suggest I use to run this army?

>How expensive would Mark of Tzeentch need to be if it gave +1W instead?

That just doesn't make sense, really. Wounds would be more of Nurgles thing.

Now, I kinda liked what one of the Tzeentchian Warlord traits did Warzone Fenris: all units shooting or fighting a unit with the mark suffer a -1BS and WS penalty when doing so.

That'd need to be expensive as fuck, though.

The hive mind is intelligent enough to understand what an alliance or truce is.

>>Raptor Talon

Surprisingly Raptor Talon kinda sucks against Orks. Because CSM have no reserve manipulation or scatter reduction, you can't count on getting 2 squads of raptors on the table that are able to charge the same unit. Not to mention that your Raptors only have 2 attacks per model while the Ork player has 3-4. It is quite possible for you to lose combat and get swept.

It has to actually give a fuck about them to consider them anything but food. It doesn't care, it's going to eat them anyway, so it just attacks both cults and regular citizens.

So does a H&R Ordnance Tyrant leader.

Decent start, lets go over whats wonky:

The techmarine doesn't need the iron stone, it's 1k points. Don't take extra shit at 1k points. Give him a bike instead, since he doesn't have a good squad to join (makes him flexible, fix stuff or help in melee)

Consider giving your sergeants combi plasmas, makes better use of their firepower against tough stuff.

Make both dreads standard dreads with dual autocannons. Twin lined BS 5 venerable dreads don't need twin linked. No drop pod, it's not needed the range of your guns is crazy. You can take venerables if you want your guys to stay alive a little longer, it's your call, make sure not to glue their weapons on.

I like the two predators, but the whirlwind seems outta place. You don't really need anti infantry since both tactical squads and 8 auto cannon rounds are on the table. Another predator with autocannon and heavy bolters would work just as well.

If you want to drop a dread that will cause pain, then anything that can take a heavy flamer is a good option. An ironclad dread is one of the best, I very regularly drop them from pods with a melta gun and heavy flamer.

So do Commissars.

Was there even a single planet/system/non-aligned human political entity, Imperium NEVER managed to conquer during the Great Crusade?
Were they all wiped out?

From the fluff, it seems to ignore the cultists and the cult willing jumps in to the digestion pools at the end.

Thanks for the help! After changing things around the list looks much more threatening, I especially like the Bike Techmarine I expect that'll help him be exactly where he needs to be!

None that were discovered.
Closest were the Squat worlds.

Might be old fluff, we'll see when it's released.

If (and that's a BIG fucking if) nobody managed to conquer a planet it got virus- and firebombed into sterility and left to rot. No-one wanted any of those shitheads like the techno-barbarians left in the new empire, thank you very much.

Squats never needed conquering though, since they readily accepted imperial protection when the great crusade rolled around. The chiefs of the clans weren't stupid, they knew when to fold 'em.

Think about what those extra 5 marines in each squad actually do, and think about what else you could get for those 126 points, like, I dunno, sponsons on your Preds?

If you add another two Lascannons to each Predator, you might stand a chance to bring down the Riptide before the literally best non-Eldar model in the game rips you apart.

Having a game against a Space Corgies player using 1000 points of Guard infantry, hoping it should be fun.

If a planet couldn't be conquered in a somewhat timely manner, it got a cyclonic torpedo/phosphex discharge/nanite cluster/assorted shit from the Old Night dropped on it.
Subsequent planets were probably more open to negotiations after that.

Worlds were lost

The mk3 Iron Armour was to my recolection made for the purpose of entering their tunnel cities and withstanding their grav weapovs.

But does an individual tyrannid have access to that intelligence?
I mean you could have a special rule that makes nids attack cultists when they're out of synapse, that could be a neat draw back for allowing them to be BB.

>No-one wanted any of those shitheads like the techno-barbarians left in the new empire

You're saying it, like the galaxy with bajillion colonized human worlds didn't have a single planet/system, that managed to weather the Judgement Day/Age of Strife like a champ and fend of everything and anything the void could throw at it for five thousand years, before some golden douchebag with his roided-up bodyguards show up out of fucking nowhere and demand fealty and tithes and shit as if everything you knew and loved belonged to him.

Hmmm. A fair point. I think they'll mostly be holding objectives and hiding behind the Rhinos in order to avoid being gutted by the long range Tau weapons. Perhaps it would be best to turn their points into more offensive firepower.

How do I do Chaos deathwing?

Get a bunch of unbound Terminators

That's still make them culturally distinct from the imperium at large and so barbarian, whether they master fire, laser or advanced gravitics is irrelevant, rather an obedient peon than a willful savant.

I'm pretty sure that there was one human faction that was pretty much a Star Trek-like idealised human society, living alongside aliens with advanced technology. They apparently put up a good fight but still got their shit pushed in. Great Crusade-era Imperium was a fucking steamroller.

this is why unbound is a thing

so I can field 280 Gretchen against a tau cadre

The Interex.

Aren't Tyranids just very aggressive animals without the hivemind?

They attack and eat each other, I don't see why they would spare cultists.

I'm new to 40k. I want to know if I can do a list of nothing but chaos termies.

With the new formation from Traitor's Hate, sure.

No idea what that has to do with squats, that said the cultists are part tyrranic geneticly so a basic ignore umless attacked pheremone is not inconceivable.

So what is so bad about this list:

Traitor's hate formation 2000

Slaves of Darkness:
Lords of the Black Crusade-
Chaos Lord- fist lclaw, nurgle bike, sigil
Sorcerer-Bike, lvl 3
Sorcerer-lvl3
Sorcerer-lvl3

Chaos warband:
Chaos Lord- fist lclaw, nurgle bike, sigil
Sorcerer- lvl3, Mutation
Chaos terminatorsx3-combiplasx3 chainfist, mutation
Chaos Space marinesx5-melta, mutation, rhino
Chaos Bikersx5-Nurgle, plasmax2, mutation
Havocsx5-missilex4, mutation

Chaos Spawn formation-
Chaos Spawnx3 nurgle

Chaos Spawn formation-
Chaos Spawnx3 nurgle

Basically just become a daemon prince farm and roll with MSU obsec.

On top of that, if you use nothing but the new powers we stole from the spess mehreens put all the sorcerers in a car and go for Soulswitch. You have 12 chances to roll a single six

That way, even with landbound daemon princes, they can still mob units and ground fliers without too much trouble. It's not as good as free rhinos, but free princes is pretty dank.

Is there any slav Chaos warband? Even arabs got Word Bearers but we got fuck all.

That's it. Thanks user.

Official Ork Anthem
youtube.com/watch?v=PsnYrH3BUP8

Looking for advice on a list. I'm fighting some Necrons in a friendly game, but I know he tends to bring a decurion so not THAT friendly. I also know he tends to rely on footslogging + destroyers and the zandrekh/obyron combo.

It'll be my first time playing with Death Korps of Krieg. My general strategy is across the board hitting AP3 so I can actually kill some shit.

1500 points Death Korps of Krieg Siege Regiment in one CAD

HQ: 125pts Death Korps Company Command Squad. 1x Company Commander, 1x Master of Ordnance, 1x Standard Bearer, 3x Veterans (1 voxcaster).

Elites: 385pts
(135) Combat Engineers in a Hades Breaching Drill: 4x Engineers (Heavy Flamer, Meltagun, Voxcaster) + 1x Watchmaster
(110pts) Field Artillery Battery: 2x Heavy Quad Launchers, 6x Crew
(113pts) Grenadier Squad: 8x Grenadiers (1 voxcaster), 1x Watchmaster

Troops: 490pts
2x 245pt Infantry Platoons, identical:
[2x squads, each with 9x guard (1 voxcaster) and 1 watchmaster.
1x Platoon Command Squad: 4x guard ( 2 plasma guns, 1 platoon standard, 1 vox caster) and 1x Platoon Commander]

Heavy Support (450pts)
150pts Heavy Artillery Battery: 2x Earthshaker emplacements, 8x crew
300pts Leman Russ Tank Squadron: 2x Battle Tanks, no upgrades

Oh, and an Aegis Defense Line with Ammunition Dump for 70pts. Kind of thinking I just need to drop this one or find room to bring it with a quad gun in case he has a Night Scythe I'm not expecting.

Thanks in advance!

don't forget another 1000pts of grot tanks.

World eaters.

For real? I don't remember them having any slavic names.

Kharn has a russian accent in audiobooks.

>Russians
>slavs

Just run multiple copies of the Terminator formation from Traitor's hate.

What would you like to see from your local gw? Trying to get more lads in the door

Some good advice given here so far, I'll throw in my two cents.

Definitely lose the whirlwind and the ironstone.

An alternative to the suggested ironclad dread is a regular dread with a multi-melta and a power fist/heavy flamer. Not as durable but it's cheaper and you get better range on the multi-melta.

I'd look into grav cannons on your tac squads, make the most of them before they are nerfed. I'd run two min tac squads with grav cannons and the tech marine on a bike. If you run him in a rhino with a marine squad he will get focused down too easily. You may find yourself in the situation where your marines need to be in one place and the tech marine in another, and if they are both in the same transport...

Yeah it's kind of just implied, but if it makes you happy you can add it to your headcanon.

The Adidas Marines.

CYKA BLYAAAAT

So I've benched my Heldrake for any non-RW/DE match ups and replaced the Chaos Lord on Bike with a Sorcerer while picking up a second Daemon Prince to bring my list up to 2000pts.
I haven't gotten to play with my beast of nurgle yet but I can probably find somewhere else to sink the points.
The Obliterators are all in their own unit.
Should I bother with Plague Marines?

My usual matchups are RW, SW, DE, Orks, and IG

Nurgle csm CAD

*HQ*
Daemon Prince (315pts)
>2x Mastery Level (become Psyker), Nurgle, Power Armour, The Black Mace, Wings

Sorcerer (98pts)
>Combi-bolter, Force Sword, Spell familiar, Bike

*Troops*
(158pts)
2x 10 Chaos Cultists (79pts per)
>Cultist Champion, 9x Autogun Cultists, Mark of Nurgle

*Fast Attack*
5 Chaos Bikers (200pts)
>4x Chaos Biker, Mark of Nurgle, 2x Plasma Gun
+ Chaos Biker Champion
>Combi-plasma, Lightning Claw, Melta Bombs

*Heavy Support*
3 Obliterators (228pts)
>Mark of Nurgle

Allied Nurgle Daemon Detachment

*HQ*
Daemon Prince of Nurgle (370pts)
>Corruption, 2x D6 Greater Daemonic Reward, D6 Lesser Daemonic Reward, Daemonic Flight, Mastery 3, Warp-forged Armour

*Troops*
6 Nurglings (90pts)

*Elites*
Beast of Nurgle(52pts)

*Fast Attack*
5 Plague Drones of Nurgle (260pts)
>Death's Heads, Venom Sting

*Heavy Support*
Soul Grinder of Chaos (180pts)
>Phlegm Bombardment, Nurgle

Prepare to be disappointed.

The first question would be "why Deathwing". Once you're past that, you then figure:

If you're doing a Nurgle list, there's the Purge Detachment from the Siege of Vraks update.

You lose out on Fast Attack, and you cannot take any Marks besides Nurgle, but instead of Mandatory Troops you have Mandatory Elites (with up to three additional Elites choices), and up to four Heavy Supports.

So if you take the CAD several times around, you can run two Terminator units (or two solo Mutilators) as tax units, while running four-something Obliterator units.

New to the hobby of 40k but i've decided to start a Khorne daemonkin army. i already have a few CSM units but not sure what to buy next. should i just build off of the slaughtercult and the other formations? also in your opinion what Daemonkin chapter should i paitn them up as? was thinking skullsworn since they're the biggest but not sure yet.

Implied where?

>but free princes is pretty dank
It's not free princes, it's a shitty chance to get free princes. Unless I'm mistaken, you only get the free boons for one dude at a time, not all of them. You can't become a DP from boon of mutation either.

Is there music in 40K universe? I mean other than some religious choirs and Ork war chants. Are Noise Marines D-D-DROPPING THE BASS canon?

Why not split up the artillery or Russes when you have an extra heavy support slot?

I remember reading something about Bodt, the primary WE recruiting/ training planet being like the space Balkans. It might have been the HH fluff books or just some shitposters in one of these threads.

>49410445
>>but free princes is pretty dank
>It's not free princes, it's a shitty chance to get free princes. Unless I'm mistaken, you only get the free boons for one dude at a time, not all of them. You can't become a DP from boon of mutation either.

It's not Boon of Mutation, it's path to Glory. You get the bonus for one dude at a time, but you get two rolls per. Even the chance to get a you-know-what can be useful, as you can use it to threaten small squads from a Rhino of choice.

Universal obsec is definitely the bigger bonus though, especially for obsec bikes. I do wish they gave a proper bike formation though. FFF

DPs are also usually a downgrade for whatever dude you get it for. No wargear but power armor.

Reasonable redshirts, not rejects from used car salesman school. A blind eye to the odd third party model and no complaining about forge world. Decently painted armies from all factions that people can borrow in store to try out something new. Plus the absolute fucking best terrain and game boards and tournaments with decent prizes.

>Should I bother with Plague Marines?
Probably not. Cultists will do. But take them unmarked FFS

You're not far off with the Noise Marines.
youtube.com/watch?v=HsGRsDe3iRw

If you're going KDK you need to start with khornedogs and bikers, no exception. Use chaos warhounds as your khornedogs so you don't spend a small fortune on shitty resin.

Alright will do. I really didn't like the offical models for the fleshhounds so it's good to know that warhounds are good proxies. although will i get any shit if i do proxy them when i play in the store?