Memenarch edition

Memenarch edition

Old thread: RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

>CARD SEARCHING

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface
magiccards.info

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/18-09-16-bruna-reanimator/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/18-09-16-bant-auras/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/queen-marchesa-i-guessa/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/gahiji-and-the-cheap-dudesboth-kinds/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/current-alesha-1/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/glory-of-the-boros-legion/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Post em

Most fun bant commander for a

Ashling.

thanks user

It's pointless.

Rubinia Mind Control

My friend has a new Memnarch deck. I'm not excited.

My group is fun

Roon

Wow thanks for making a new thread and not adding anything in the title to search for it in the catalog.

reposing story as a personal account of how balls to the wall nutty aetherflux reservoir is

>Me: RU spellslinger with jori en at the helm
>Friend: karlov goes full jew
>Other two players: zada and hannah
>Friend windmill slams reservoir with 53 life and proceeds to take the entire game hostage
>We all know that he cant take anyone out without putting himself in mortal danger, but also that if any of us do something that endangers either him or the reservoir, someone is going down.
>Game totally stalls out with crazy boardstates that we are all itching to use, but cant without ruining everything
>MAD in full effect.
>meanwhile karlov is amassing more and more life, and will eventually be able to kill with impunity
>I manage to sneak in an arcanis, niv mizzet, and a djin illuminatus before he has enough to kill me just for playing stuff
>Start slowly pinging him down with niv, not enough to cause any real damage, but enough that he wont be able to nuke everyone off the table
>Game starts to fall into a rythem, and then zada tries to stop everything by overloading a vandalblast.
>Karlov player informs me that if I do not stop it, he is killing me on the spot
>Did I mention that fucking nobody is green, so no krosan grips, and nobody is running stifle or the like
>screw it, throw out a counterspell, I've figured that If I get enough mana I can cast fireminds foresight, let him try to kill me, then copy the foresight and combo off in response.
>But that's going to be a ton of mana
>A turn later karlov throws out a essence harvest, with the fat jew himself nearing double digits, Hannah player overloads a rift in response, and I barely manage to avert total nuclear apocalypse by overloading counterflux. Goodby rift, goodby harvest, lets just forget that happened.
>Next turn hanah player starts shit again, nothin I can do to stop it, gets himself blasted off the face of the planet

I play with a casual group, so it's not pointless.

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/18-09-16-bruna-reanimator/

Need some help trimming this list and also some general suggestions. I play in a tuned meta so I'm looking for less casual suggestions in general though any thing helps. Already uses a few Kaladesh cards (Key to the City, Smuggler's Copter, and Angel of Invention).

Knew I was forgetting something

Just ctrl+h faggot

Rubinia was my first commander, until she quickly devolved into UGx goodstuff. I think I dismantled her after one game in which I drew my entire deck and cast 30-ish spells in a turn. I wish I could rebuild her without making a generic UGx value-based deck, but I don't know what her win con would be.

Actually, I had an alternate win con which involved turning every land into a creature and then mind-controlling every creature, but I forget how that worked.

>quints
Is this the power of the fae...!?

The dubs are with us today boys

An EDH take on the Aura Hexproof deck from Modern. Do you guys think it would work? Im not intending it to be a competitive or degenerate deck. Also, it's in Bant colors.

Im working on the manabase. Tell me what you think.

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/18-09-16-bant-auras/

Just drafted Adriana a few hours ago
The fuck do I make with her at a 50 buck budget?

Tear her up cause it's trash

B-but muh "go wide"

Who the fuck calls Bogles "Aura Hexproof" outside of mtgtop8's naming scheme developed by a literal retard?

Really you should be calling it Modern Selesnya Enchanment Zoo.

>took apart shitty ayli control, reanimator and tutors
>Brago transformed from artifact stax to indestructible boardwipes and stax with elesh norn
>Memnarch went from durdle artifacts to ramp into tutored fatties featuring blightsteel and jin-gitaxias
>Meren went from generic b/g goodstuff to sac fodder beatdown and soft control
>built low power tutor mogis reanimator and steal shit with the parts from ayli and some goodstuff I had laying around
>Maelstrom's rocks are now in memnarch, but it doesn't seem to have suffered at all
That actually worked out better than expected. Now I need to play test this shit.

On a side note, how does storm work? I have a few storm cards, and it seems... finicky. Do I just go infinite and hope I hit one mid-stack or is there some gameplan behind it? I really REALLY don't want to tutor the same linear list every time.

She works best when playing with all the other Melee creatures since the triggers stack. Other than that there's not really any point to her because she's kind of shit. Play some ramp to get her out earlier I guess.

Ok. What do you think about the deck itself?

what is this, a commander for ants?

Just play Aurelia or Argus Kos or better yet don't bother because you will be forever crippled compared to any deck with any of the other three colors because RW can't have card advantage or that'd break the color pie.

>tappedout.net/mtg-decks/18-09-16-bant-auras/
Why wouldn't you build Uril?

Also, your deck is a complete mess. Until you're done with it, there is nothing I can possibly say to help.You have 49 non-creature cards, and 53 non-lands. It's like you've never played edh before.

Agrus kos and adriana are practically sidegrades so if adriana is shit so agrus kos. I think it'd literally have to be down to one on one for agrus kos to be better and with melee the idea would be that you kill everyone at once versus picking them off one by one.

huh?

I feel like this would be much better with Bruna

Did I stutter?

Every fucking thread, what the hell

How does my Marchesa deck look?
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/queen-marchesa-i-guessa/

Oh yeah, he's shit too. But at least he doesn't depend on attacking at least 2 players (thus getting double the hate) to be any decent anthem.

Being Boros is suffering, desu.

The idea of melee as a mechanic is that it spreads the hate so no one feels like they're being picked on, whereas you're more likely to garner hate focusing people down like you would do normally. That was the logic behind the development of Myriad as well.

Kaladesh made me dust out my old a Daretti. It almost looks like it could be viable in French.

Daretti already was viable in french. He's generally worse than Keranos ofc but that doesn't make him not viable.

>he actually plays French
Literally why. It's just no sol ring mode with stupid commanders being banned for arbitrary reasons.

>storm
Storm in EDH, much like storm in ALL FORMATS, involves jacking off on the table for 10-15 minutes until you win or fuck up.

You are also VERY MUCH correct in the notion that it will involve roughly the same process of solitaire every game that you win.

If you're considering storm, you're better off playing spellslinger combo, at least it's usually quick.

A noble idea but the bonus of melee is so minuscule that it might as well not exist. Myriad was a much better thing, solely because that can abuse ETB effects. In fact, when I saw that, I was hoping the RW Legend was gonna be a "creatures you control have Myriad" and it made me rock hard.

Boy was I disappointed.

Consider Gahiji.

He can be built of $50, and Adriana can go into his 99. Then you just roll the token/group slug life.

Here's a list I throw around for budget Gahiji. It's ok, and only a little over your target price range. The cuts are obvious and easy.

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/gahiji-and-the-cheap-dudesboth-kinds/

You only have to attack 2 people to match Agrus Kos's +2 (which is only for red creatures even). And it will commonly be +3 at least the majority of the time.

No, it really wasn't. I mean, yes, you can play it and win small tournaments full of untuned lists, but...

Because playing multi-player EDH 1v1 and competitively is fucking stupid. Hence the 'arbitrary' bans.

The thing with bruna is that she's six mana and heavily telegraphed. I plan on using Jenara as a last resort if I dont have any other creatures in hand.

Dropped some of the token stuff.

re: Tutors part of it is just the cost, and that Recruiter/House Guard/Phalanx already let me grab stuff. I've added Diabolic Tutor though, and will keep the others in mind in the future.

What would you suggest cutting to get another 2 lands in?

repost for convenience: tappedout.net/mtg-decks/current-alesha-1/

Daretti was perfectly good. Just because it isn't the best doesn't mean it isn't viable. If you are being the "well if it's not constantly winning tournaments it isn't good" what the fuck is in Kaladesh do you think is going to make a significant enough difference that doesn't help the other wildfire decks as well?

I'm thinking about making a Wort, the Raidmother deck - give me the spiciest stuff ya got

Why did you repost your story, attention-whore?

Great Aurora

thats a spicy meatball

Inventor's Fair is a beast of a card. Combustible Gearhulk as well. Indomitable beater. Chandra, Torch of Defiance. Keranos won't play any of those.

And, yeah, being tier 2 in DC isn't the same as being tier 2 in other formats. It just means most match-ups in a competitive venue are going to be shit.

Why aren't any of the Praetors artifact creatures?

Story wise it would make sense right?
Mechanically in-game I guess that would make them a bit weak though.

Mechanically, probably because none of the phyrexians from past blocks were artifact creatures

Flavor-wise, probably because they're made of repurposed bone and sinew, not metal

>Keranos won't play Chandra
Ok
And Combustible Gearhulk and Inventor's Fair is only two cards. It's not going to pull Daretti out of tier 2 which is, by your own evaluation, quite a large gulf to overcome. It's not like red is an especially consistent color combination to make the addition of 2, 3, or maybe even 4 cards extremely relevant. This would be one of the reasons Daretti is not top tier to begin with. If you're hopeful enough to believe those cards will make a relevant difference, Daretti should be well within viability for you as is. He does get better with a card like Gearhulk but no matter how good it is it's only one card. There's lots of decks with one card that have major synergy with them and isn't bumping them from tier 2 which, again, according to you, is such a handicap that you aren't viable at all because of the amount of bad match ups.

Your close friendmakes me want to make arcum voltron. Hmm.

>arcum voltron
holy shit
brilliant
>turn creatures into swords and suit up
i thought arcum dagsson was against violence

How do I make aggro work in this format?

>tfw all four LGS's I have access to don't have Ezuri, Claw of Progress in stock
>tfw ordering it means paying shipping for a $1 card

God damn

WHY IS THIS CARD SO BAD

Sadly, is kind of right. That and stupidly efficient voltrons (Rafiq, Sigarda) are the only ways to win with combat in this format.

>5cmc 4/5
It's almost good enough for limited!

>lands as creatures
i always fucking hated this idea. giving up mana sources for combat?

I don't know. I wish it weren't. Would be fun build otherwise. I guess it could untap because it would go crazy with giant growth effects but it still makes me sad. It really feels like it should untap.

It's for limited!

>Rare for limited
rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

It's good in a board stall or if you have more lands than you need, no one wants to trade a real creature for a forest

because it uses heroic as the trigger, if you could activate it whenever you want or as an ETB trigger it would at least decent

>CoCo was a rare that was made for limited and never expected to see real play

>Devs couldn't even make Delver work in limited but they left it in purposefully

>CoCo was a rare that was made for limited and never expected to see real play
I'm calling bullshit, there is no way that slipped through R&D and everyone thought it was bad

What if I cast Insidious Dreams with Gitgud on my field, then I discarded a bunch of land cards.

Do I tutor and put the cards on the top of my library first, or does Gitgud make me draw first then tutor?

See I think they have a really hard time judging things that need a particular deck composition.

back again to ask for suggestions on improved Mana Ramp and more red cards to toss in there. I feel like it's too white heavy.

and while im posting i may as well ask if anyone knows any decent UB mana ramp. I got a bunch of dual lands, a darksteel, and a dark ritual. I just still feel like I never have enough. Running control/mill. Yes I know it doesn't work.

I know your saying its bad for a legend, but look at how bad this card is. At least your bad card has a body.

the ability triggers when the card is discarded so the creature would resolve then the card.

oops forgot my link
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/glory-of-the-boros-legion/

I want to know what was going through their mind when they made this. THIS had to have been made for a purpose. Usually when they make Johnny cards there's something it specifically works with. This specifically works with nothing. The only thing I can think of is tribal decks where the opponent gets the best tribal creature of the two but is still not as good as the one you got getting boosts from stuff on your side. But that's the best I can think of and that's really tenuous.

I mean there's the infamous Skullclamp which used to give +1/+1 but was changed to +1/-1 to make it 'less broken'

Wizards RnD playtests at an absurdly casual level. How else could they miss literally every dominant deck in every standard season?

Flood the board and cast good old craterhoof

I guess it works with old slivers where no matter which one they pick it will still pump your guys

looks like im hoofin it

>Dubious Challenge

>we challenge someone to play this card
>at any point in time, ever

That makes some sense, but it's still terrible design at rare. The only thing I can think of is maybe theres gonna be a comlimenting card in aether revolt. I can't imagine this was an accident.

fuck you mek

Homeward Path

reprint confirmed using sylvan scrying from BFZ block? is id habbedig?

this ones been wracking my brain since it came out...I want it to be playable, even if it is jank. It just doesn't make sense, if someone can figure out how to make this good I'll buy you a pizza.

why would someone make this?

Nah, I've dusted my own list, and the additional wincons mean I can do away with shitty cards like Battlesphere, Hellkite, Wurmcoil, and focus on the stax elements. Which are now even easier to tutor thanks to the Fair (which can tutor Crucible). My previous list could establish a lock, but they were all much too soft. Tamiyo's Journal is also quite good. Tutors or helps fuel Smokestack, provides artifacts for Welder and Daretti.

>buff the shit out of Stuffy Doll
>drop this

Holy shit I need that card, my current artifact deck gives 10 life per turn after turn 5 usually.

Met a guy that runs "suicide" nin the pain artist as a general. The deck works without her, but uses her to , and i quote, "shoot herself in the head for, like, 6 and draw me lotsa cards"

I don't know why I found this as funny as I did, I think it's because I have always thought nin could only ping "another target creature"

I meant dubious challenge

>Cutting Battlesphere and Wurmcoil
Also it's literally one wincon unless we're just calling every planeswalker a wincon now which would make it 2.

Also I'm genuinely done if you're actually considering Tamiyo's Journal and I haven't a stax list actually use Smokestack in a very long time.

I...I love smokestack

I love Trash for Treasure but I shouldn't play it. I still do though.

You're genuinely done because you don't test shit. I do. Leovold, Wafo Tapa Wanderer, Selvala, GAAIV, Narset, Geist, Jenara have all been ran against this list, and Tamiyo's Journal and Smokestack are good. Titania, I kept losing against it, but that's not exactly surprising. Smokestack is good when you can run it at 3+ without killing all your stuff.