Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Friendly reminder to tell us what 3pp your game allows if you need character building help.

How chuunibyou/edgelordy do your characters get?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/iYhDNSTq

Psionics Augmented: Psychic Warriors playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1dX4UYdtwTQKhY71Q45IHLtcu193zq1ZO5jHQ5_PnTl8/edit

Bloodforge: Infusions playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1GvwMclLSw15slYI7D5xLdjMzr-Nau92hNha9Sx0LOk4/edit

Legendary Vigilantes playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1Hrk1hl8uXVHazaiPOCvWsFUHX3PB6fQVd13tzguJTgE/edit

DSP's Forrest started a patreon for her own 3pp company: patreon.com/forrestfirestudios

Old thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1V3xmaTlW9c9HSN803QFGY9A0rjahvTmcYqTqhh2Pt8c/edit#gid=0
docs.google.com/document/d/1fkVJcjXIEZiZj_vpumo_8qy0TZfQl2hZ-tKV4rLnxLM/edit
theworldissquare.com/feat-taxes-in-pathfinder/
d20pfsrd.com/feats/general-feats/alertness---final
d20pfsrd.com/path-of-war/feats#TOC-Lightning-Swap-Combat-
d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/humanoids/orcs/orc
d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/magical-beasts/phase-spider
d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/animals/dog/dog
d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/humanoids/goblin
d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/undead/skeleton-medium
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Reposting my DPR calculator

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1V3xmaTlW9c9HSN803QFGY9A0rjahvTmcYqTqhh2Pt8c/edit#gid=0

Anybody got suggestions for features? It's pretty barebones currently, and right now it's just a "basic" calculator. I'm going to add an Advanced calculator in another tab that takes into account iteratives, manyshot, power attack, haste and similar attacks, and others

Damn, I need to remember later to tell you guys about my first game at Gencon. It wasn't PF, but it's a fun story regardless.

They don't.

My last few characters are bright and cheerful.

Elven Cleric of Desna
Human Wizard
Aasimar Paladin of Mystra

Why not tell it right now instead of teasing us for no reason?

So I am not too familiar with PoW and maneuvers and whatnot but I am trying to get into it since my DM allows that content. I was thinking of making a Warlord, and my DM would allow me to use Riven Hourglass. I was wondering, from both the disciplines on the Warlord list and RH, what are decent maneuvers to take? And some general tips for playing a Warlord?

Because I'm gonna go to sleep soon, and that story will take a lot out of me.

Also because I'm a jerk.

Can you tell us more about the campaign?

In the event that lipstick is considered to be unfitting for a foxgirl who is intended to be "cute," then I will edit and retcon away all mentions of lipstick in my posts so far.

Warlords are strikers first and leaders second, just as the class description states. Your goal is to murder the opposition as swiftly as possible while incidentally buffing your allies. The best way to facilitate this is to stay in a damage-increasing stance (e.g. Elemental Nimbus, Reaching Blade Stance, Pugilist Stance) and then rip enemies apart with multiattacks.

Riven Hourglass happens to have two good maneuvers for multiattacking: Minute Hand and Rapid Strike, 1st- and 2nd-level maneuvers respectively. Have them readied at all times, and use them to multi-tap enemies.

When not using strikes, be sure to avail of Victory Gambit to destroy enemies with full attacks.

Strength/Furious Focus warlords should go unarchetyped, take Noble Scion (War), and wear a Circlet of Persuasion for high initiative.

Dexterity/Deadly Agility warlords should be steelfist commandos and milk Broken Blade and Fool's Errand for all they are worth.

Constitution/Crimson Totem warlords are enabled by the veiled lord archetype from Akashic Mysteries, and they can deliver high damage (not as much as a Strength/Furious Focus warlord though) while boasting immense durability.

Not like we're missing out on much, his greentexts are always one-sided and omitted of any interesting details.

Curse of the Crimson Throne

>Riven Hourglass
Temporal body adjustment (4th level) for condition removal and time skitter (3rd level) for self haste are both really great. Stopwatch (2nd level) is a nice autohypnosis check to 5ft-step and negate a full attack and strike the hour glass and minute hand (both 1st level) are nice for the level.

Haven't played a warlord out of a gestalt game (using bard) and that only got to 4th and was in PoW1 playtest days, so I don't remember much. I do know that encouraging roar (Golden lion 1st level boost) is really nice, and Scarlet throne has some great stuff throughout. Primal fury has crazy damage at later levels but it's also getting nerfed/errata'd.

Path of War is literally designed such that you will succeed against standard monsters if you take the stuff that sounds cool. That being said, any of the "X Hand" boosts are phenomenal, and the Temporal Body Adjustment counter is something you simply TAKE, no exceptions. Sands of Time Tornado is a nice AOE option, too, and the one that heals you is just plain a good choice.

I'm not sure what you're referencing here, seeing as I'm telling the stories from my perspective. I mean I kind of doubt you were at that game 10 years ago or anything, so I'm not sure where this is coming from.

Just being a jerk.

Migrating this request over if anyone wants to help me make a bomb ass glowing paladin.

That's great, I'm glad for you. Now shut up and go away.

Curse of the Crimson Throne is an interesting adventure path for a specific type of initiator.

The second adventure revolves almost entirely around a city-wide plague, and the numbers are high enough that Remove Disease castings are insufficient to eliminate the epidemic. However, a medic (sanguinist) can single-handedly identify and trivially cure all of the plague victims in a short time frame. The medic can be found here: docs.google.com/document/d/1fkVJcjXIEZiZj_vpumo_8qy0TZfQl2hZ-tKV4rLnxLM/edit

Strike the Hourglass is middling at the level in which you first receive it (1), because it allows a saving throw, and enemies' full attacks are not much stronger than their standard action attacks. It is much better to alpha strike and kill enemies outright at this level.

Strike the Hourglass only becomes noteworthy by later levels, and even then, its low saving throw DC can prove its undoing.

Stopwatch is poor for a warlord due to Wisdom being a warlord dump score. Golden Lion's Warning Roar is almost certainly the better choice for a warlord.

Rate this shity idea I had like 3 threads back
> Mostly Human Sylph
> Unaware she is a Sylph
> Used to be a delinquent, now tight laced and responsible as hell due to (plot)
> Begins to gain Sylph powers
> Thinks an air spirit that has taken a liking to her
> Her powers are controlled by thought
> as she is repressing a violent nature the powers themselves are violent
> begins to think the wind is whispering to her
> telling her to be a murder-hobo
The idea would be played for laughs mostly. The character would be LG and the "Spirit" CG making them NG in general. I could take it to an extreme and say a passing entity thought this shit was hilarious so he gave her the Magical Talent trait (Ghost Sound) so the "spirit" does occasionally "Talk" to her or to help the party.

I give it sylphu/10

>Tumblr nose

One more thing I forgot to mention, my DM is using these theworldissquare.com/feat-taxes-in-pathfinder/

Rest of the party are a Warpriest, Wizard, Harbinger, and Rogue. Figured I would fill the spot of a solid flank buddy and also a bit of a face, which is why Warlord intrigued me.

Thank you kindly! I was intending to go a litttle more on the Strength side of things.

Alright I'll take a look at Primal Fury in a bit.

Riven Hourglass sounds like a fantastic time.

I will take a look, thank you.

Ah, Strike the Hourglass didn't always have a saving throw and always staggered. If it has a saving throw I'd ignore it then. And yeah Warning Roar is probably better. I was going off of my experience with Riven from a stalker point of view

I just read the stats for Magus and Holy Shit is this class as fun as it sounds? You're basically playing a Witcher.

Is your GM simply giving you Riven Hourglass as a discipline for free, or are you taking Unorthodox Method or the Lords of the Wheel martial tradition for it?

A Strength/Charisma race such as nagaji, suli, or certain types of aasimar and tieflings would work well for you. If the Bloodforge: Infusions playtest is available, you could also try a swan tengu. In a pinch, a half-elf with Kindred-Raised could do.

>One more thing I forgot to mention, my DM is using these theworldissquare.com/feat-taxes-in-pathfinder/

I strongly dislike GMs who allow both Path of War *and* this page, because this heavily slants initiators in favor of Dexterity and Deadly Agility.

This page was created for Paizo-only Pathfinder, not Dreamscarred Press Pathfinder, so Dexterity has absolutely no business in gaining Weapon Finesse for free and making fully Dexterity-based attacks just a step away with Deadly Agility.

Does your GM recognize this?

Is martial charge worth it on a warder?

Absolutely. Even without the soon-to-be-errata'd loophole of chaining "make a charge attack" maneuvers into Martial Charge, the feat greatly improves the mobility of an initiator and the likelihood of alpha striking with a turn one Rising Zenith Strike, Rapid Strike, Flurry Strike, Steel Flurry Strike, or whatever enemy-ending multiattack maneuver you prefer.

Unorthodox Method (was going to swap out Solar Wind), and thank you for the race options. Was debating an Aasimar personally.

Don't think my GM does, granted he's not a big stickler and doesn't follow all rules 'to the death'. So I can likely talk to him about it to prevent any possible issues.

>my DM doesn't want to bother learning how the goddamn game works, and would probably be better off being a FATE baby, or worse, 5th edition

You don't get mutagens, but you can take Brew Potion to sort of make up for it.

Or, you could play a Polymath (Alchemist)

First off that's a tad rude, and second I think it's just an oversight he made. He knows how the game works but he's only been a GM for a few years and occasionally needs help seeing some interactions as being problematic for our table. He's willing to learn and adjust and that's more than can be said for a lot of DM's I, and many others have had the unpleasant experience of playing under.

So just chill, alright?

If the page is allowed as written and you are aiming for maximum combat potency, then you would be best off as a steelfist commando Dexterity/Deadly Agility warlord. Use the Weapon Master's Handbook to create a finesseable two-handed exotic monk weapon, then take Exotic Weapon Proficiency for it using your warlord bonus feat. Enjoy your free two-handed Power Attack with the weapon due to the feat taxes rule.

Use Pugilist Stance for high damage and multiattack with Broken Blade's Flurry Strike and Steel Flurry Strike, Fool's Errand's various multiattacks, and Riven Hourglass's Minute Hand and Rapid Strike.

You should be very capable in combat.

So DHB has been posting a lot lately, can someone tell me how good the unchained fighter and cavalier are? I am been thinking about using homebrew to fix martials.

2hu crucifixion poster please go.

Here is a broad question?

How can I make a sword obsessed character?

Like (s)he throws swords as a ranged attack, can make infinite swords, worships a god who's symbol is a sword, general weeb shit like that really.

First ? Not meant to be there.

>telling anonymous to chill
Do you know where you are, faggot?

Go read 8-Bit Theater.

Pay attention to Fighter.

The /pfg/ thread? Not a very difficult question, user.

Psychic Armory, take ranks in appraise and get a bag of holding as early as you can to fill with swords. Take them out, clean them, and talk about them constantly, then act horrified when anyone suggests using them to hit things, instead using blades of pure thought.

Enter a berserker rage if anyone sunders something.

I believe there's a flight-enabling blade skill- Surf on a giant sword for this.

I will take this into consideration. Sounds like something I could work with. Thank you for the suggestion.

So for a villain/adversary in a campaign I'm working on, it's going to be a Demon Lord who embodies paranoia, apophenia, and generally conspiracy theory nonsense and seeing false patterns in random data. Figured their abyssal realm would probably be like a demonic and large scale version of a crazy person's string-filled whiteboard.

But as I was working on it, I started to think... maybe that's more a Devil? Paranoia and madness/delusion suggest Demon, but pattern recognition, even false patterns, and drawing orderly (if incorrect) connections between data points suggests Devil.

Thoughts, /pfg/? Would you consider such a character a Demon or a Devil?

What bonuses are available to sense motive? I know the magic items that give comp bonuses but what else is available?

I could see either, but I'd stick it under demon, for CAUSING such madness. The unending search for a pattern in the completely whim-based actions of demons, for example.
I could even see a daemon, for death by paranoia and fear (I assume there's a death by fear daemon somewhere).
Welcome to the NHK.

pls

Alertness

>d20pfsrd.com/feats/general-feats/alertness---final
>Benefit: You get a +2 bonus on Perception and Sense Motive skill checks. If you have 10 or more ranks in one of these skills, the bonus increases to +4 for that skill.

What class is your character?

So is there a feat I am missing for a sword saint samurai? I have Quick Draw but one attack per round seems a bit lack luster at later levels.

Warder

It's mostly an opening move.

Challenge, move, Iaijutsu Slash, then fight as normal.

Alright, thank you I was thinking their was a way to re-sheath my sword and then un-sheath it multiple times during a full attack action.

Nope, it's a full-round action to use, and then a Standard at level 10. You can't use it to full attack.

Also, quick draw only makes it faster to DRAW a weapon, not to put it away, you can only use an Iaijutsu slash on an individual person once per day, and only to the target of your challenge, BEFORE you've hit them at all.

>d20pfsrd.com/path-of-war/feats#TOC-Lightning-Swap-Combat-
>Prerequisite(s): Quick Draw, Dex 15, base attack bonus +5.

>Benefit(s): You may draw or put away a weapon as a free action. You cannot make more weapon swaps per round than your Dexterity modifier. You also gain a +2 bonus to CMD to resist attempts to be disarmed due to your fast hands and reflexes.

You might also need this from PoW:E:

>IMPROVED QUICK DRAW (COMBAT)
>Even with your weapon still sheathed, your presence is enough to threaten enemies.
>Prerequisites: Quick Draw.
>Benefit: You are considered to be threatening all squares within reach of your weapon even if it is sheathed, and can draw your weapon when making an attack of opportunity. When you draw your weapon in this way, you may sheath weapon without provoking attacks of opportunity after the attack is resolved.

Lightning Swap's a shit and doesn't help anyway.

So there is a dagger pistol... but is there a dagger crossbow?

If I have mending, are there any reason I should go through loophole to get quick clear deed?

There is, incidentally, but of no use on a Sword Saint. If you have the Gun Twilring feat, Quick Draw, and a Sword Cane Pistol you can look really dumb.

>/
Hmm that is very handy, reactive but does what I want it to if used with Combat Reflexes.

So I just looked up Lightning Swap and that actually works okayish with Improved Quick Draw. Not so much the class feature of sword saint of course.

Alright as goofy as that is, it works better than Lightning Swap as it does removes the cap.

Just get Mixed Combat. It's way better and easier to use.

That is an excellent feat. I think I got a better idea of how I want to build my samurai than when I started. Thank you fellow anons.

Am I missing something here? But is the Phantom Thief Rogue the best none caster in the game?

Level 10 Phantom Thief Rogue
4 Skill Unlock (Treat as having 15 Ranks with +5 Total bonus): Diplomacy, Heal, Intimidate, Sense Motive

I can pretty much make anything cower in fear or diplomacy them on the spot. I will also have shit ton of combat feat (if I want to).

Oh and at level 14, They can pump out shit ton of Wondrous item (including some that can cast level 9 spell daily).

Alright I am lost. How exactly do you do that as that sounds interesting.

Does anyone have the Legacy of Dragons PDF?I can't seem to find it in the trove.

how the FUCK are these 1/3CR? d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/humanoids/orcs/orc

+5 to hit on a 2d4+4 WITH an 18 to crit? And I'm supposed to put these up against my level ones?

1/3 CR means 4 people should be able to fight 3 orcs with 20% use of 1shot items.

Seems fine to me.

If you think that's crazy, look at Phase Spiders.
d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/magical-beasts/phase-spider

There's a simple fix to that.

Make the DM observe some simple encumbrance rules. This way, at least the characters have to invest in a bit of STR

No, you can't wear heavy armor with a STR score of 10

No, you can't carry around that much loot either, and the bag of holding actually has its own weight limit as well

d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/animals/dog/dog

d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/humanoids/goblin

d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/undead/skeleton-medium

these are all the same CR, i have no idea how this was ever overlooked.

They only get one attack.
They suffer from Light Blindness.
They have an AC of 13.

You sound like the type of person who complains when NPCs have spells or maneuvers.

Best Wiz\Sroc buff spells to use on your martials per spell level? Excluding Haste.

Skill unlock Craft. At rank 20, you can use that Craft skill to create magic item (Phantom Thief get it at level 14)

>
20 Ranks: You can craft magic armor, magic weapons, magic rings, and wondrous items that fall under your category of Craft using the normal Craft rules.

Note this part.
> using the normal Craft rules.

This mean you craft magic item at 1/3 price (using normal craft rule instead of magic item rule).

Normally, a magic item that cast a single charge 9th spell would be 61,200gp to buy. You can craft it at 20,400gp.

>d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/humanoids/orcs/orc
ok if you were to gank them with like 6 orcs maybe you party wipe. But I'm going to assume you wont.
A nuttap from any striker would down 1, where as they should have something like a 40% chance to hit and maybe does 80% of their hp on average. I like those odds.

No, that's not how it works.

If you look in the back of the Bestiary, Orcs have "any role". That means they are the equivalent of PC type races with all the versatility that implies. Same with Goblins. they can be tailored to suit the makeup of the party you are pitting them against.

Dogs have no role, meaning they're basically animals, and are designed for being killed or used as tools. They're not smart.

Skeletons have no role, lacking intelligence - if they had an intelligence of 3+ they become combat Role monsters (i.e. martial fodder).

In other words, CR 1/3 is the equivalent of a first level fighter for an orc or a first level rogue for the goblin, or a first level NPC warrior for a dog or skeleton. Also note that the stats for the goblin and the orc are elite stats, not the baseline 10 and 11.

These are things a GM should be taking into account.

PB 20 Human Fighter [aka average stock fighter]

Str 18 \ Dex 16 \ Con 12 \ Int,Wis 10 \ Cha 08
Feats: Power Attack, Furious Focus, Weapon Focus (Greatsword)
Items: Greatsword, Scale mail
Offence: Attack +6 \ \ \ Damage 2d6+9
Defence: AC: 18 \ \ \ HP: 12

He hits an Orc (AC 13) on 7+ (70%)
He kills an Orc with one hit (hp 6 + ferocity = 18) on 9+ (27.8%)
He score a critical (19-20) on 10% hits, but 70% of his crits are confirmed

Orc hits him (AC 18) on 13+ (40%)
Under the sunlight, Orcs hits on 14+ (35%)
Orc kills him with one hit (hp 12) only on max roll (6.25%)
Orc score a critical (19-20) on 15% hits, but only 40% (35% when dazzled) of his crits are confirmed

----------------------------------------------------------------------
In short - Orcs are in every way inferior to your average Fighter Joe.
Then we include your average Wizard Steve, who will be glad to see that "Will -1" of orcs.
And Rogue Ded to flank with Joe. And so on.

Also normal crafting rule doesn't have "1000gp per day" hard cap.

It is assume that you work 8 hour a day. But there is nothing stopping you from working 24 hour a day... with lesser restoration as your red bull.

Also amazing tool of manufacture and other goodie.

It's a gish, doing what gishes do.DESU I think a combat-based alchemist archetype may be even better as the witcher, but the magus is fun if you want to be a warrior mage.

You could probably use the VMC to make it part alchemist, but I am not sure if it is worth the lost feats.

Considering they get a goodly amount of bonus feats, it would only hurt them if they are in a party of optimization-mad minmaxers.

My first response would be to build a soulknife.They can make a lot of stuff with their chosen weapon.

I don't know what book are you talking about, but I found this.

this is the probability of a falchions damage, which gives it a 63% chance of downing any d8 class with a 12 constitution, or outright killing them if they rolled an 18 on it and crit.

is right however. Give the orcs a more reasonable weapon.

I just have a problem with the idea that a beginner GM will copy paste the common orc statblock, put 3 of them in an encounter, and tpk. Of course anyone whos NEET enough to browse this thread can deal with them fairly easily, but that's not what my complaint is about.

Oh fuck yeah.

True,they do have some bonus feats, so this is an option, and one can just get brew potion and some craft alchemy skill to simulate. So yeah, it can definitely work.

To be honest I would probably base it on the ranger,iirc the witcher was more of a warrior than a mage. A ranger archetype with alchemy would be pretty sweet.

Sweet, thanks (not original user). Can you recommend a good place to find stuff like that, desu? I have wanted to check out the new AP and possibly run the first scenario.

I would go slayer in that instance. More skillpoints, more versatility, and you can still pick up the ranger weapon spec if you want.

I just googled "legacy of dragons pdf" and my 6th link was to "extratorrent unblocktall com". To be sure, I downloaded pdf from that torrent file, and since it looked legit - uploaded it here.
Usually, for the new books, I check 7ch, torrents and google. For the old there are torrent collections.

I guess it depends just how much magic you want to keep in that package. Ranger is around the point where I want to be.

Excuse me for pulling shit outta my ass, my apologies

Thanks

I know what the next NPC witch is going to be based on.

So my GM wants to use mythic book and I literally have no idea what's about, I thought it was like 3.5 epic levels and never looked at it, but it seems you can level on it whenever you want. I'll probably download the book somewhere because currently another player is reading it to see what is he going to pick

I'm a 8th level Umonk, any recommendation?

I'm wondering if my play style is sound. I run a cleric of Iomedae in a party with a paladin, a slayer, a sorceress, and an alchemist. It's level twosville. In fights, I drop Bless and start flanking nerds with my long sword and heavy shield to help the paladin and slayer. Is this a sound policy?

>sharp weapons
>cleric

into the trash it goes

Depends. For UMonk they can do really well with either Marshal or Champion, but they can do very well with Trickster (especially with the Trickster ability to take abilities from any of the other Mythic Types). so it really depends on your style of play and what the GM is pitting you against.

What's your cleric's level? What spells are you preparing on regular day?

It can work, just remember that you can't use your holy symbol with your off hand if you are carrying a heavy shield, unless it's built in it somehow.

And yeah, Iomedaean clerics make sense with sword & board.Your spells get a lot better later on, but for now being backup melee works.

Oh, I you're level 2, I see. Well, it's sound for level 2. You don't have much spells anyway.