Ever incorporate Russian roulette into your games?

Ever incorporate Russian roulette into your games?

Is pie face Veeky Forums?

Sure, I've played a psyker once.

>Dread rpg: extreme edition
You only fail once.

You mean in game or IRL at the table?

Most of my monsters roll d6 for damage. My players didn't invest in constitution and have 6 health each. They hit 0 health, they get to roll for permanent injury.

So I guess combat feels a bit like Russian roulette from their perspective.

yes. i load six bullets and make sure everyone else has a turn before me

>take revolver
>point to head
>roll d6 or d8
>1 is the chamber with the bullet in it

this thread didn't need to be made

Wot system m8?

Nah, what you want are six cards, one of which is different (like 5 hearts and one spade). Place them down and pick them up. This lets you play without spinning the barrel.

Or just use a real gun.

Every time they are on the receiving end of a crit they must roll the barrel and shoot once.

>Wot system m8?
ACKS. It's an OSR game, very similar to B/X. Also has tohit rolls and such.

My players are scared to death of combat, to the extent they ran home without setting foot in the dungeon because they saw 4 kobolds guarding the front entrance. I get the feeling their fear might regulate to a healthy level as they get a better feel for how dangerous the game is, but I do like it when the natural consequences of combat get my players use their heads.

Magical North Asian Handheld Musket

When fired, it has a 1/6 chance to miss, but also it has a 1/6 chance to critical.

It has a 1/6 chance to shoot a magical bullet out of 6 random magics chosen as it was forged.

Do we get to absorb the damage and see if we survive?

>Ever incorporate Russian roulette into your games?
I believe Veeky Forums endorses the glock when anons wish to try Russian Roulette.
But I might have the model wrong.
I am not /k/.

And don't forget to apply a tourniquet to the neck when your head is bleeding.

it is, but most people on this board have no idea what you're talking about

it's called Polish Roulette

The Fighting Fantasy Game Books, which are no longer Veeky Forums according to some, had fantasy versions in one of the early books. I believe it was Citadel of Chaos.

Lessee....Ah, here we are, 365

> "You have chosen a deadly gambling game which is outlawed in most kingdoms. (...) If you survive, you may claim either: two extra spells(...), 50 Gold Pieces, or an Enchanted Breastplate (which will allow you to deduct 2 points from a creature's dice roll when throwing for its Attack Strength).
> The game is played like this: six daggers lie on a table.One is a real weapon while the other five have spring-loaded blades and ill do you no harm. You are playing the game against one of the other creatures in the room and only one of you will survive. In turn, you must select one of the dagers and stab yourself in the chest with it. If the dagger is real, death is certain. If it is a dummy, it must be returned to the table to be shuffled back in with the other five. The game continues until one of you selects the real dagger and stabs yourself through the heart, whereupon the survivor can claim the prize. Your opponent will make the first selection. Throw one die for him. Then do the same for yourself. As soon as one of you rolls a 6, the real dagger has been chosen. If this is you, you will have killed yourself!"

I did this in my own game. Some demons were playing this exact game and one of the party members participated.

A demon knifed himself in the head, another got shanked by the PC, and the remaining one lept for the jewels they were betting.

> Your opponent will make the first selection.
Free 1/6 chance of instant killing. When he took the wrong dagger, just drop the game. kek

Core mechanic in one of my last campaigns. Only lasted one session though, clean up was a bitch.

Sure, it's literally perfect for D6-based systems.

I did it as a mindfuck once. Some demonic mobsters fucked with a hallucinating player character who had kidnapped someone when not really in control of his actions and wasn't happy about it. Then, with the demon boss' clone body, the kidnapped guy, and the PC, they played. If the PC shot himself, obviously game over. If the boss shot his clone body in the face, he'd give the PC a breather. If the kidnapped guy died, then he'd consider it a successful job and actually reward the player. Long story short, I left it to the dice (it was an end-of-campaign sort of scene) and the kidnapped guy bit the bullet. Clone boss left some cash for the PC and laughed at how he sure was good at killing people, despite not wanting to be an assassin.

It actually kicked off a second spin-off campaign where he hunted that guy down. Was good fun.

Hey, what happened to the hotglue comment?

If thread had followed user's suggestion we'd have some worthwhile content in here by now.

Yeah we had a guy addicted to playing that in a shadowrun game. Got so many revolvers by playing it, he eventually took to using pistols and doing his best Ocelot impersonation

Once

I still love how Unknown Armies lets you gain power from playing Russian Roulette
One of the Adept Schools is Entropomancy; they gain charges by putting themselves at risk, and famously near-universally carry revolvers instead of any other kind of pistol, because its the only kind of gun they can use to gain charges by pointing at themselves.
Point it at your hand for a minor charge, at your head for a significant charge, at the head of your best friend who's driving the car for a major charge

PERSONAAAA

That sounds too easy. I'd rather make it something like
>minor charge: pull the trigger on a partially loaded revolver while aiming it at yourself
>major charge: pull the trigger with a six-shooter loaded with 5 bullets

Unless there's actually some risk from just pointing it at yourself in UA.

Rolled 6 (1d6)

Well, I'm a brave man.

Rolled 2 (1d6)

Bet you $5 this'll kill me.

So what happens when I take six "six shooters," load them all full save for one empty chamber on one gun, shove them in a bag, draw one, and pull the trigger facing my head?

Sort of.

We have one of those novelty games where you hold onto a grip, and when a light goes off, the last person to press the button gets electrocuted.

We use it quite often in game actually.

Rolled 2 (1d6)

Ima need that $5

Yeah, it sucks having to find a new player every week.

What if my character survives getting shot? Do I win anyway? Is it a draw?

That's a bust. Someone needs to finish them off

>1 in 6 chance you'll either cause major damage to yourself, kill yourself or kill your best friend and possibly also yourself in the resulting car wreck

Should probably also mention how damage works in UA. In hand to hand combat you roll d100 to see if you roll under your combat skill. If you hit you deal the sum of the dice rolled(roll of 36=9 damage), with a few extra points if you have a melee weapon. Now with firearms, you roll d100 and if you succeed you do damage equal to the number you rolled (45=45 damage). Average health in UA is around 50 so it's entirely possible to be killed with one or two well placed shots. Damage to extremities is usually reduced a bit if your GM is kind so if you shoot yourself in the hand you might only be looking at 20 damage if you're unlucky but it's more than enough to give you a pretty bad day.

And that's all before stress checks kick in.

>spoiler
The story about the entropomancer who gets a major charge from doing that fucking rules

>not using your Sleight of Hand skill to make sure cylinder will stop at safe position

Rolled 6 (1d6)

On a 4 or higher I get both of your 5 dollars.

Rolled 1, 1, 6, 3, 4, 1 = 16 (6d6)

>all of these shitty rolls
I bet you don't even play Russian Roulette with a semi-auto.

You died.

I wonder what happens if they don't realize someone has unloaded the gun.

Every time I invite a new player.