IT BEGINS

CME TIME

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/Bitfinexed/status/939938165028196352
news.hankyung.com/article/2017120847521
fia.org/articles/open-letter-cftc-chairman-giancarlo-regarding-listing-cryptocurrency-derivatives
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Ride it to 0.

2hrs and 10min till futures open...

Wait I thought cboe opened futures today and cme opened it on the 18th

nice just bought 100k

Short squeezing will become so much more fun now

Just opened a short 1000x leverage and will dump my 10000 BTC stash

cuck

Why is this different to trading XBT futures on bitmex? Suddenly everyone is going on about shorting bitcoin when we've been able to do that all along

slaughter time

boomers gone get justed by NEETS. Couldn't be happier

People can now do it within an actual safe environment, rather than a shit hole "exchange" in bumfuck nowhere

boomers can't into crypto exchanges.

Yeah, these guys are just trying to make ppl panic. Always do your research. Good on you, user. You restore faith my view of humanity.

Evens I buy bitcoin now
Odds I short

Please crash it to at least 10k I’ve been waiting for this moment for weeks

>Hi / Low Limit

BUY HIGH SELL LOW
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

no different, just 100x bigger

Can someone explain to a brainlet why futures would lower the price?

You can't short. Get ready for 40k btc

Well as you see these fat cat jews have been pumping the fuck out of BTC the past months now they can dump their physical BTC and short with margin and make a killing

The FUD surrounding it can, not the futures itself. It is the same story with every FUD event Bitcoin has endured. Buy the dip and chill.

I will cum in my shorts if that happens

Why not?

or they want you to think

>Go short on bitcoin futures, 100x leverage.
>Sell my stack of 1000 btc on the real exchanges.
>I am now rich and the bitcoin price is a lot lower.

...AAAAAAAAAAAAAND nothing happened

When you buy futures you are betting that the price of bitcoin will go upo or down but you are betting in USD for a USD reward. When gold or uranium futures were released people used the easier option and instead of buying gold or uranium they bought futures instead and if No one buys the actual thing then you have no buyers and the price crashes

>16000 / 14000
Wow they have literally no idea how to price it, couldn't be any more useless.
Hey it's between 10k and 20k! We think!

And the worse part is this bullshit will reduce volatility.

Yup. This is the new bear whale Veeky Forums. Its us vs the bankers. But if we eat through their sell walls this time, we stand to force them to push the price up for us on the other side.

Who's going to win this one?

>Who's going to win this one?
koreans.

Futures contracts are designed to help the producers of a commodity hedge against price movements. The Chinese miners have never been in this for speculation, they just want a reasonable 10-20% profit margin so they have certainty of cash flow so they can take out a loan to buy more mining gear. That is what these futures will enable them to do. There will be a race to the bottom among the miners to lock in their bitcoin sale price (pro-tip: it takes about $500 in electricity to produce a bitcoin, less in china). Basically futures turn a speculator's market into a producer's market.

>pro-tip: it takes about $500 in electricity to produce a bitcoin, less in china
mcaffee claimed a few weeks ago it's 1000 dollars per coin.

> pro-tip: it takes about $500 in electricity to produce a bitcoin, less in china
and 7 asics because they die every month

Maybe a stupid question, but when you short anything isn't your gain based on the percentage decrease of what you've shorted? So... Why would a high BTC price matter?

>he thinks we can compete with bankers

And Bitfinex's parent company was recently struck off the record. Today marks the beginning of the Tether exit scam. Jesus christ this drop is going to be insane to watch.

twitter.com/Bitfinexed/status/939938165028196352

>koreans.

nuh-uh
news.hankyung.com/article/2017120847521

The faster it pumps, the harder it dumps

Post address

Is this when the banks go all in and Satoshi dumps his stash on them to explode the global oligopoly?

>he thinks bankers can compete in a free market

The masses really think bitcoins going to die because of futures? Whew lad.

Protip-The masses are ALWAYS wrong.

No, the masses are always right, they're just late on every trade.

the masses are the ones buying BTC at 15k and are about to get dumped on by banks
fucking retard
the smart ones bought a year ago and sold off a bit after every pump

The masses don't even know futures exist or what they are.

fia.org/articles/open-letter-cftc-chairman-giancarlo-regarding-listing-cryptocurrency-derivatives

GETTING CLOSE

Hmm. I see we have an IQ gap that can't be bridged. Carry on, Bolsheviks.

I'll be a millionaire if this happens

>intentionally trying to predict value of something as wild as BTC

literally no one in their right mind is going to buy a futures contract

DOTH APPROACHETH

I will hold my neo and watch the show. Maybe I buy a Bitcoin under 10k maybe I will sell some neo to dollar, or maybe I just go to sleep

3 hours? i can never get burger time right

This. I still regret selling the China FUD in September. Just gonna hold through wathever happens.

Maybe you get left in the dust holding a Chinese alt

Unfortunately, bots don't have minds.

This guy gets it.

You do realize none of these futures markets actually have any BTC, right?
It is all a LARP
Wall Street will short paper bitcoin to 0 while every exchange in the world that actually holds BTC will just go on keepin on.
Than all of wallstreet will go on CNN MSNBC and pronounce crypto non-viable cuz see see look at how low the price is on our fanfiction paper bitcoin exchange.
Every boomer alive who believed their NEET son will go the wall street rout instead of actually buy the coin on an exchange, get burned in the short squeese so hard boomers have to sell their houses.
Basically this whole thing is a generational gasing against boomer's growing interest.
Which is fine honestly.
It will only be American Boomers who torch themselves.
And
it is not as if they made up more than a few satoshis of the market before now anyway

the screenshot is cboe, OP is a brainlet

>500 dollars per coin
false
Its roughly 10+ grand at the moment. A difference between market price and hashrate is an exploitable market incentive which also secures the network. Even with added variables like asic tech and electricity costs, they are still directly correlated. It was designed this way on purpose.

Maybe you should dyor on neo to see why i feel so confy. Neo is gonna be so massively huge you wouldn't believe it if you didn't dyor for some day's.

Same can be said about LUXcoin and Luxgate project.

BitMercatileExchance has been the best exchange i've issue thus far, never saw it offline not one minute, whilst coinbase kraken bittrex and other always have some conveniant wallet maintenance when something big is happening or are offline when there a huge pump/sell off.
But yeah it doesn't compare to some professional traditional exchange

Its a little under five hours.

NOOOOOOO i dont want the normies here. I havent accumulate yet.

You are the normie.

In three hours, this whale-fueled pumped will crash down to Earth. Why would an institutional investor own BTC when they can trade futures settled in cash?

>next-gen currency

It's being treated as a commodity

>blockchain public ledger creates new paradigm, decentralize power

Banks are already implementing blockchain tech, and have the infrastructure to handle massive amounts of transactions, unlike these startup exchanges

If you view BTC as anything more than an easy flip, then enjoy the ride down

You underestimate bitcoin. Wall Street people love it. Why kill the golden goose?

Because my internet meme coin is super power

Furthermore it is not just the buyers who will get fucked on the paper market
If you are shorting and not an insider you will be fucked just as hard if not harder.
Because there is no direct connection with the BTC market and these futures markets the market owners at any time could readjust the price to what whatever they want
So joe blow shorter will see a trend in the market and short at 100X margin.
Then the marketeers will suddenly switch their index to the prices on exchanges experiencing high volume and high price.
Excuses of course will be made "owe the BTC market is volatile and the top exchanges change all the time. We are only correcting out index to more accurately reflect the market."
All those shorters are then fucked in the ass with margin calls.

>sell coins at 14k
>buy at 8k
>get back to 14k in 2 months
WHY WOULD THEY EVER DO THAT?!

You underestimate wall street.

Because it's going to be like 35k by March.

If you short with 100x leverage, you don't deserve nothing but getting ass-raped.

you don't know that, but you know exactly whats going to happen if it drops low

The only reason it's this high right now is because of them manipulating the price. You underestimate their power.

Dodging the issue mate?

Bros wall street views crypto as the replacement to fiat. They're not shorting believe me.

>their

>not shorting
Screencap this guy and post in two weeks

Why is it still not crashing?

fucking jews

Because it's fucking nothing you faggots

>Banks are already implementing blockchain tech, and have the infrastructure to handle massive amounts of transactions, unlike these startup exchanges

Yeah I work for a bank and it's really not as high tech as you think. We're so desperately outdated and the cost to replace our systems is so phenomenal that leadership just bury their heads in the soil about it. We focus on making it look slick on the user side when the backend is an absolute state. Even with its huge fees and slow confirmation btc is better than traditional route, the only difference is that the banks have the resources and relationships to make it look good to the user.

Once something comes along that's better than btc banks will be blown away.

They are absolutely shitting themselves and simply buying any startup they find to try and get an advantage. The problem is they're so old creaky and bloated that bolting more startups on won't solve the issues. It's time for a clean start.

hurrr durrr short

His portfolio is 56% BTC and 44% shitcoins.

I read that cboe futures are long contracts only. Is this correct?

I work in IT and I can confirm big companies (so also banks) have huge issues replacing their technology due to the cost and security issues. Some large banks still run on the COBOL language (more then 15 years old now) and their are little programmers left that can create new code for it.

Not that I know of. Either way it wouldn't change much, someone's got to be writing the contracts you're buying, and that's not going to be the platform taking the short end.

4 hours to get out.

can I just have an ETF Short BTC 3x please?

No they are long and short, this is a lie being spread. Text related: "Position Limits:
A person: (i) may not own or control more than 5,000 contracts net long or net short in all XBT futures contract expirations combined and (ii) may not own or control more than 1,000 contracts net long or net short in the expiring XBT futures contract, commencing at the start of trading hours 5 business days prior to the Final Settlement Date of the expiring XBT futures contract."

In the futures market for every short seller there has to be a long buyer. It's just like sports betting and the house gets a small percentage. If too many people try to short it, there wont be anyone to buy those positions.

> If too many people try to short it, there wont be anyone to buy those positions.
that is what they want
no buying power
lowe price

Stop losses and people closing their shorts will be the buyer for new people opening their shorts, that's how flash crashes happen.

it's habbeding

Are you buying? Or is it some faggotty schadenfreude desire?

Source