The Official MTG Snowstorm/Lore Thread

Welcome to the MTG flake/lore thread!
Last Thread: Writefagging last time: If you want ANYTHING to go in the repo, just summon me. Otherwise I will only put writefagging and sheets in the repo.

Also, I added the blank template to the ALL FLAKESHEETS folder. And the old snowsheets are under "Snowstorm sheets" > "1- ALL FLAKE SHEETS."

To summon me simply say
>OP OP, I SUMMON THEE. PLACE THIS FILE IN THE REPOSITORY.
Unless that's too gay.

>Current Repository
drive.google.com/open?id=0B-bqTtfMpEHWVUI5dURzakE4VWc

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/11260185
strawpoll.me/11260186
drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0Bwl7IuoVRkFxM2xWdV9GM2JyZEU?tid=0Bwl7IuoVRkFxUDZRVGVfQ1BDbm8
drive.google.com/file/d/0Bwl7IuoVRkFxRUdhczY0Y2RCTzQ/view?usp=sharing
drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0Bwl7IuoVRkFxSVF1Q1lTd1R6Nzg?tid=0Bwl7IuoVRkFxUDZRVGVfQ1BDbm8
drive.google.com/file/d/0Bwl7IuoVRkFxcW0wRG01eTFkZkU/view?usp=sharing
drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0Bwl7IuoVRkFxanM4WlpWcVpXMVk?tid=0Bwl7IuoVRkFxUDZRVGVfQ1BDbm8
drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0Bwl7IuoVRkFxVWpfODRWMFBwSTA?tid=0Bwl7IuoVRkFxUDZRVGVfQ1BDbm8
drive.google.com/file/d/0Bwl7IuoVRkFxVXlVOE00WmdyVkk/view?usp=sharing
drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0Bwl7IuoVRkFxZ1B2RFE5Z2JIRU0?tid=0Bwl7IuoVRkFxUDZRVGVfQ1BDbm8
drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0Bwl7IuoVRkFxLTNLRGpQeVFONDg?tid=0Bwl7IuoVRkFxUDZRVGVfQ1BDbm8
drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0Bwl7IuoVRkFxak41NUZTZjRmMkU?tid=0Bwl7IuoVRkFxUDZRVGVfQ1BDbm8
drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0Bwl7IuoVRkFxV1JQUFY5aGp2STg?tid=0Bwl7IuoVRkFxUDZRVGVfQ1BDbm8
drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0Bwl7IuoVRkFxWEFFT0s5c0hlQXM?tid=0Bwl7IuoVRkFxUDZRVGVfQ1BDbm8
youtube.com/watch?v=AvWfHIo5-kU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Okay lets start this off with a question:

Gideon asks your flake to join the Gatewatch for whatever reason. Do they accept and why/why not?

You're still you, Murdy. And don't worry, I'd care for you and make sure you're not a bitch to anyone.

>Nishal
of course! lots of other planeswalkers to interact with, and constant adventure? Honestly at that point saving people is just a bonus.

>Iosha
without Nishal? God no. Other people would interfere with her research, and if he's not around I don't imagine she planeswalks all too often. She's pretty content to build things, show them off, and then ask other artificers what they think/what they've built. With Nishal? Probably, but she wouldn't be very field-oriented. Again, she'd more likely spend her time cooped up in a lab building things for the Jacetice League than going on missions

That sounds horribly creepy dude. wtf

Do not feed the troll. We did enough of that during the last thread.

>Leon
Certainly. He's all about protecting people and working together and all that jazz.
>Maxwell
Definitely not. Maxwell is too selfish to ever be part of the Gatewatch. Plus, he's still FUCKING PISSED at the Consulate.
>Yao Shen
Perhaps, depending on his mood. He likes killing things, and sometimes those things are huge assholes like the Eldrazi.
>Vosmir
He has better things to do.
>Vasheer
Absssolutely not. She likes to go it alone, and is honestly scared of other Planeswalkers.
>Tashar
No. He doesn't like to interfere. But he might follow the group around for a bit to record their adventures.

>During each round, flakes will be assigned to random opponents in single-elimination tournament fashion.
>Flakes will be treated as though they are all neowalkers in order to create a balance of power.
>Flakes with meme-levels of power will be treated as though they weren’t.
>Flakes that directly contradict lore, especially by going against or interacting inappropriately with canon characters, will be disqualified.
>Flakes that are joke or troll flakes will be disqualified. The use of silver-bordered cards in a flake’s preferred spell list automatically disqualifies them.

>During the first round, all flakes will be placed into the roster randomly. Flakes that are disqualified will give their random opponents a bye for the round.
>During the first round, flakes will be revealed in smaller groups, noting disqualifications and asking the thread if they wish to disqualify anyone else.

>During each round, small groups of flake match-ups will be revealed
>Arguments will take place in the thread and votes will be taken from the polls over which flake is likely to prevail over the other.
>After each round, the flakes that move on will be re-randomized on the roster to make match-ups unpredictable.

>Match-Up rules will treat both competing flakes in a match as though they are both forced into conflict with the other, and neither is allowed to planeswalk away until a winner is determined. Flakes will be treated as though they start with zero assisting summons and will not have prepared for this encounter.

Those polls will be over with by the end of the night, so get your votes in!

Vronak would probably for two reasons, one they would probably be more likely to run into powerful creatures for him to add to his summons. And two, there are some cuties on the Gatewatch that would catch his fancy. Vronak is soft on parties with at least one cutie apart of them.

Hahah! I know. That was the point. It's hilarious to me.

>Murdock
After an attempt to Gideon's ribcage, she either runs away or gets bullied into the gatewatch
>Kaya
Assuming she is listenign to him and not wanderign around doign her things or trying to dissect him for science? Clearly doesn't care about it, so no.

>Veldren
Probably, but would more likely do mercenary work involving arson
>Frances
The Gatewatch is another cog in the machinations of the Gangster Servo God

or was that Vampire Thopter God?
>Belloski
No due to his need to keep up his business. He'd give them a Gatewatch Groupon though.
>Vronak the Slayer
Teamwork is for chumps

might as well repost my precious little abortion

Serena would refuse purely based on he presence of Liliana. I figure that she has to be known on Innistrad and even if she was being subtle she's still a necromancer. She'd also probably be mad at Jace if she found out he was there when Avacyn was killed and didn't stop Sorin.

Yeah, but Liliana would be known as the one who was strong enough to fight the Sky Kraken. So, people probably have a fonder opinion of her.

Everyone on Innistrad knows Emrakul wasn't a sky kraken.
Everyone on Innistrad also live in the grimmest, darkest corner of the multiverse, so they probably accept that tentacle monsters are destroying their world faster than other planes would,

I've been lurking snowstorm threads for a while.

The quality of the content produced is about as expected of fans who probably have little to no professional training or experience. That's fine. Creating is still creating.

But, it has gotten to the point where most of the content produced on these threads is on par, or better than the shot that WotC puts up on their page.

Please, guys. I would really rather have you write the official stories for MtG than the people who are turning Chandra into a character from The Breakfast club.

Fuck, guys. Go get jobs at WotC and make the stories bearable again. Please.

Doesn't mean that Serena would be okay with associating with her. Alliances of convenience are fine but long term? No chance.

Aww thanks. I wish that were possible, but remember that the writers don't choose the content that's still down to the WotC creative team. If they told me to write Chandra like that I'd have to or I wouldn't get paid.

As if that wouldn't be my dream job. Believe me, I've checked for openings.

Mission Accepted.

Really depends on which flake. Ussa would be impressed with Gideon's ability to maintain eye contact, but she wouldn't actually join them. She's a free spirit, man.

>"Are... Are you sure about that? Is that really your wisest decision?"
>Meatslab nods, looking up to the fishbeast, fists resting on his hips and an idiot grin on his face. His finest plan yet.
>The mental weight of Jace knowing he's going to have to be on Ka'-watch 24/7 for the rest of his natural life causes him to have an aneurysm.
>Nissa just fucking leaves.

Thane might join just because the contacts and benefits sound great, plus it's a place to stay on Ravnica, so long as Jace gets him a special visitors pass to look through Izzet's junk.
He and Nissa can bond over coming from Zendikar. Or try to, anyway.

Are you saying Ussa wouldn't join to try and figure out how this beefslab of a man practically bursting with testosterone didn't immediately succumb to her "feminine charms"
It's got to pique her interests at least a bit.

Hypno-fucking Gideon isn't exactly the same thing as joining the Gatewatch.

True, but where is she going to get another chance?
Then again, she also seems more likely to just say 'fuck it' and move on.

Heh, 'fuck it'. I get it.

So, how many flakes are just embodiments of people's decks?

Quite a few.

came about literally because of my Take the Crown release night.

Which flake is running Tarmogoyf, Dark Confidant, Lightning Bolt, Terminate, BBE, etc?

Check Vronak's flakes. He loves to build a character around a deck rather than build a deck around a character.

the spell selection on my flakes would make for garbage decks, like holy shit just kill me now.

Actually, most of my flakes aren't built around decks. But, a handful do have deck themes that coincide with their color types.

That would be Grimsby.

Most of my flakes are certainly not Gatewatch material.

>Remes
As soon as he sees Gideon, he bails out.

>Cala
She does not accept. She's more likely to get distracted during his heroic recruitment spiel, then prank him as you might expect a devil to.

>Jakrol
He laughs at Gideon. Then he probably gets in a fight with Gideon, which is a terrible idea.

>Winifred
No. She's too self-serving. Like Liliana, she'd only help if she absolutely has to, except that she wouldn't then be like "fine, I'll join your justice friends league."

>Wyston
That could happen. I don't know if Wyston would accept though, and that would certainly fuck up the group dynamic.

Izari would probably join because she likes helping people, and it opens up more places for her travel and further her research.

I mean, I use spells from my EDH deck of corresponding colour to a planeswalker, and it doesn't seem OP to me.

For example, Kherto, who'll be my sole submission to snowstorm 3 if it happens, is based off my newly constructed blue deck.

For me
Anna, Starke, Jorge, Talo, and Hilde.

Remes/Cala/Jakrol/Winifred/Wyston-user here.

None of them. I like to play Ravnican Guild decks that merge the first block with the second block in order to create ridiculous flavor and mechanic overlap. And also lots of mono-reds ranging from goblins to land hate, to whatever chaotic nonsense that I can come up with. I will likely be playing gremlins next.

>Astera
Sees herself as a heroine and believes in cooperation, so probably would join. The Gatewatch would seem like a story worth recording, and a chance to do some good.

Would wonder why four nice people are hanging out with a skank with "I'M A BAD GUY" practically tattooed upon her, though.

>Zenri
Would probably decline, although go to them in situations she thinks they could do good by cooperating. Zenri's not averse to teamwork but would rather work with others when it seems helpful than be part of a group all the time.

>Dyna
Refuses without hesitating. Not big on working in a team, especially not with tiny humans she might step on. Especially especially when there's no treasure in it for her.

>WG Sonia
Would join; while she remains dedicated to her pacifist vows, the gatewatch isn't all about solving problems with violence so she would be able to help in other capacities, and probably feel obligated to do what she could.

>WR Sonia
Respects what they're doing, but refuses and goes her own way. She feels like she has an obligation to work things out with herself first, and that's something she will do alone.

>Kikiki
Declines. While he has saved a plane or two, it was always by accident and never something he remembered doing after, and the old guy just wants to retire and do old lizard things until his ticker runs out.

>Terut
Declines. He admires the idea of the gatewatch but does not feel his way of easing the suffering of the planes he visits is the sort of help the gatewatch needs. Besides, his perpetually wounded state makes him a bit of a burden to be around, and he'd rather not saddle others with that.

>Vanya
Declines. Doesn't see any profit in it, and values her ability to leave when a trouble she can't take advantage of might be brewing.

My nigger. I literally have a Ravnica-themed cube using both blocks as a base.

Always good to find a kindred spirit. I'd love to draft Ravnican anything sometime.

I'm rather partial to Ravnica. It was my first block when I started playing and it taught me a lot about how each color works and what they are like when paired together.

That being said, I somehow only have one Ravnican flake out of the five of them, and he's artifact focused rather than House Dimir goodstuff.

Reminder that polls are still up from the last thread.

strawpoll.me/11260185
strawpoll.me/11260186

I will close these in 20 minutes to begin working on Round Three, so VOTE.

I mean-- of mine, Praea and Bluefingers are Ravnican, Haathe hangs out on Ravnica most of the time, and Rezana would probably get along with the Selesnya but she's only been briefly.

The following Flakes move on to the next Round:

>Cala
>Kikiki

And so with that...

Round Three will commence shortly.

How does this guy not auto win the polls?

I don't see any Burn walkers.

We talkin' about Grimsby? That flake wasn't in the repository when the Ice Age started.

Also
WELCOME TO ROUND THREE.

Every Flake left standing at this point won at least one contest without relying on disqualifications to get by, so the match-ups are likely to get even more interesting.

The rules stand as before, but this Round will have a Three-Flake Free-For-All at both the beginning and at the end of the Round.

LET US BEGIN!

>Thane VS Murdock VS Ambrosia
drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0Bwl7IuoVRkFxM2xWdV9GM2JyZEU?tid=0Bwl7IuoVRkFxUDZRVGVfQ1BDbm8
drive.google.com/file/d/0Bwl7IuoVRkFxRUdhczY0Y2RCTzQ/view?usp=sharing
drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0Bwl7IuoVRkFxSVF1Q1lTd1R6Nzg?tid=0Bwl7IuoVRkFxUDZRVGVfQ1BDbm8
drive.google.com/file/d/0Bwl7IuoVRkFxcW0wRG01eTFkZkU/view?usp=sharing
drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0Bwl7IuoVRkFxanM4WlpWcVpXMVk?tid=0Bwl7IuoVRkFxUDZRVGVfQ1BDbm8

>The Cathar VS Joth
drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0Bwl7IuoVRkFxVWpfODRWMFBwSTA?tid=0Bwl7IuoVRkFxUDZRVGVfQ1BDbm8
drive.google.com/file/d/0Bwl7IuoVRkFxVXlVOE00WmdyVkk/view?usp=sharing
drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0Bwl7IuoVRkFxZ1B2RFE5Z2JIRU0?tid=0Bwl7IuoVRkFxUDZRVGVfQ1BDbm8

>Angelica VS Nishal
drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0Bwl7IuoVRkFxLTNLRGpQeVFONDg?tid=0Bwl7IuoVRkFxUDZRVGVfQ1BDbm8
drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0Bwl7IuoVRkFxak41NUZTZjRmMkU?tid=0Bwl7IuoVRkFxUDZRVGVfQ1BDbm8

>Mommy Dearest VS Vanya
drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0Bwl7IuoVRkFxV1JQUFY5aGp2STg?tid=0Bwl7IuoVRkFxUDZRVGVfQ1BDbm8
drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0Bwl7IuoVRkFxWEFFT0s5c0hlQXM?tid=0Bwl7IuoVRkFxUDZRVGVfQ1BDbm8

DISCUSS!

>Mommy Dearest VS Vanya

I knew this day would come.

Whoa, wait. I generated the list, but I didn't look at the match-ups that closely before I started the Round.

THAT ACTUALLY HAPPENED BY RNG?

Mommy wins because of flying-webs-animated-by-mana-that-isn't-represented-by-cards memes.

Memes are illegal, silly.
Also, since when is that a meme going around? I usually look at what you guys write, but I guess that I lost track of something.

While I was going to say The Cathar might be beaten by Joth; I think that Lich being a consant effect on the planeswalker would work in The Cathar's favor since he is a burn walker and it mind end Joth if he got hit with the sword of war and peace especially if he went into full draw mode from "life gain"
For mommy dearest and Vanya, I picture them doing a rendition of "For Good" from wicked.
youtube.com/watch?v=AvWfHIo5-kU

OK, seriously now...

>Three-for-all
I'm leaning towards Thane here. Murdock can't block warriors and will probably have a hard time with Ambrosia, but I think Thane overpowers Ambrosia once Murdock ducks out of the fight.

>The Cathar Vs Joth
Lichdom versus anger...

Joth has the power advantage but I think the Cathar sets the pace of this fight and Cathars are a tricky bunch. If Joth's not careful, TERMS OF ENRAMPAGEMENT might see him overpowered and hacked to pieces by the Cathar, which is a loss even if you are immortal. Comes down to how seriously Joth meets the Cathar's initiative, I think.

>Nishal Vs Angelica
It's too late for me to read too deeply into wall of text slime, but a brief glance, it looks like Nishal's the more seasoned warrior and looks like he might be able to go wider and taller than Angie. Giving this to catman.

>Mommy Dearest vs Vanya
The ice age is cold and cruel, that two women who found each other after receiving the same weird curse from jackass genies should be pitted against one another.

This one's hard to call. Their spell selection is fairly similar, as are their tactics, but Vanya has another color of mana and some more utility power while Mommy has stronger minions and more of a reason to fight if she's protecting her children, although I don't see any reason Vanya would endanger them. Vanya's more sane, but that's an advantage and a disadvantage.

I'm going to say that instead of fighting they have a weaving contest and Vanya wins because she's better at making clothes than Mommy.

Like I said before, if Joth's Lich spell is in effect from the start of the fight, that's what's going to kill him.
Especially if The Cathar takes the initiative and gets a turn 1 bolt.

>Thane vs Murdock vs Ambrosia
The rage mage puts the others two againat each other and then backstabs the winner. Surprisingly, being in a free for all gives Murdock an actual boost.
>Cathar vs Joth
I think we are at an endin line for the Cathar shenanigans. He is angry all the time, but this won't always supply the raw power he lacks.

>Angelica vs Nishal
My money are on the guy who is a giant lion with giant lion hands.

>Mommy vs Spider
I would probably give it to the psycho hunting spider rather than the bookish scheming spider but to be honest, I am not sure.

When it comes to Angelica, no matter how good her opponent's creatures are, she can make multiples of duplicates. Also, she dissolves anything she touches. So, there's that sad and lonely fact.

>Thane versus Murdock
Ambrosia gets wrecked immediately. It's down to Thane versus Murock, which is much closer.
>The Cathar versus Joth
Joth gets it.
>Angelica versus Nishal
Clone mages are fucking awful, as we discussed when Inzhu was defeated. Nishal gets it hands down.
>Mommy versus Vanya
Mana-animated webs win this one, Mommy gets it.

>"But there are causes worth dying for!"
>"No there aren't! Because you only have one life, but you can pick up another five causes on any street corner!"
>"Good grief, how can you live with a philosophy like that?"
>"Continuously!"

>Mommy vs Vanya
8 legs/10

Well done RNG

Woah, who said they're not animated by mana? That doesn't seem physically possible.

>For Good
I need this.

> clones are fucking aweful
> Nicol Bolas got rekt by one
Uh-huh. Sure. I'm giving this to ooze girl as Nishal has tokens and pumps while ooze girl has continuous mass clones and bounce spells.

This was his arguement of why she would win last round. Because evidently Planeswalkers don't use magic.

If that was that big argument at the end of the thread, I skipped that because it seemed pretty circular after 5 posts.

Her web PRODUCTION is natural, because, y'know, spiders. Her web MANIPULATION has to be magical. How else would she do it?

Are there any canon planeswalkers that can't use magic for whatever reason?

That's what I was trying to tell him. But, he kept on saying "nothing says she's using spells and Planeswalker card abilities aren't magic, they're abilities".

Nope.

What about people that couldn't use magic before igniting as Planeswalkers, but could afterwards?

None of them couldn't use magic.

I actually think he said planeswalker abilities don't use mana, which is accurate to the cards. But at that point in time I think he was just being assanine because the rest of the argument had just become about card mechanics and, technically, planeswalker abilities don't trigger manabarbs.

>I actually think he said planeswalker abilities don't use mana, which is accurate to the cards.
Planeswalker abilities don't use YOUR mana. I assume the planeswalker has their own sources.

It was never about card mechanics except the functionality of Braids, because people kept thinking it was a different card or didn't understand how the accumulative upkeep worked. For some reason he was spouting off that mechanics trump lore when everyone else was trying to explain to him differently.

This is by lore correct. The abilities of the cards represent spells cast by those allies who are fighting with you.

Like I said, I'm pretty sure he was just arguing card mechanics to be assanine.

I dunno, both sides seemed to devolve into mechanics pretty quickly. One side argued manabarbs, the other side argued golgari charm. The entire argument seemed based on cards and not lore.

It really doesn't matter anymore though.

lol, spot on for character, and I haven't even written his pdf sheet.

Ah, Rincewind... the hero of one thousand retreating backs.

Speaking of Rincewind. If he did die, then I reckon Death wouldn't be able to take him...purely because when he tries to do so there's a sound like a Pictsie charge and he vanishes with a *clop*.
>WELL, THIS WILL BE HARDER THAN I FIRST THOUGHT.

Something like this is canon. You know how every person has an hourglass representing their lifespan in Death's library? Pic related is Rincewind's, plus some weird interdimensional tubing. At this point, Death has no clue when he'll die.

Either way, Death being eaten by the Luggage when he shows up for Rincewind would be quite funny.

>Thane/Murdock/Ambrosia
Tough call. Thane's got the highest power casting but is still just a kid essentially, not really confident he knows what he's doing. Murdock's got some good betrayal magic going on and is certainly not afraid to use it, meaning she can pit the beatstick caster against the nerf caster who is otherwise unprepared for real combat like this then fight the victor. That said, murdock then has to deal with an enraged roilmage, so it's gonna be a tricky call. Gonna have to go into more detail about all their casting abilities and combat prowess in-depth.

>Cathar vs Joth
>I am IMMORTAL-
>AHHHHHHH
*chop* *chop* *chop* *chop*
>You-COUGH-you cannot kill me, I am invinci-
>AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH
*chop* *chop* *chop* *chop*

>Angelica vs Nishal
I dunno, while I like Nishal infinitely more, his full contact fighting puts him at a disadvantage against a chick made of acid, and I don't think he has too powerful ranged capabilities, so I'm not as certain as everyone else that he'd win. Though, I would be sad if he doesn't.

>Spiderfight
SPIDERFIGHT
for real though, with them being the same race I can treat them as though they were humans, and when I do mommy comes out on top for being terrifying. Sorry Vanya, time to go meet your Messenger.

Cathar vs Joth makes me laugh and I want it made into a comic.

Threadly reminder that Emracool is bae.

:3

Serena is pretty burn heavy, not optimal because a lot of it is madness reliant but still.

>Thane VS Murdock VS Ambrosia
Thane hands down here I think.

>The Cathar VS Joth
I'm too biased here to not root for DOOMGUY.

>Angelica VS Nishal
>Actual lion vs Vronak abortion
Uh. Yeah.

>Mommy Dearest VS Vanya
NOPE.

You have failed me for the last time, Bedscream.

I don't really think thane can take two fights in a row, honestly. I don't get this ork mentality that "stronker one wins hurr" tho.

Looks like favoritism wins for this one.

>My flake gets to take part in a threesome.
Neat. Usual 'Grain of salt for bias' here:
Like other anons have said, Thane casts the hardest out of the three. Murdock's not much of a fighter, and ironically get a better chance because there's more than one combatant. So it seems there's a main fight where Thane and Ambrosia fight each other, then the winner has to fight Murdock who hid somewhere before the fight started.
Murdock's disadvantage here is that both Thane and Ambrosia are definitely "Work-up" types though, so unless they really decimate each other Murdock would have to face Thane+Land elementals of varying sizes of "Werewolf to eldrazi" or Ambrosia+enchantments/angels

Bias time but I do think Thane can beat Ambrosia, then carry that advantage over to beating Murdock. He has a bit better of an early game than Ambrosia.
>The cathar vs Joth
I'm going to say the cathar wins. To the Cathar, Joth is a sort of ghoul caller that's fused with a zombie, which is still the sort of thing the cathar's trained to deal with as a cathar. Plus he strikes pretty fast since he's mono-red. Joth may be immortal, but it seems to me like the cathar can render him pretty effectively dead, pretty fast.

>Angelica vs Nishal
Angelica's got a disadvantage over regular goo girls in that she can be properly cut and Nishal's lucky enough to have a sword that she can't dissolve.
That leads to the question of "Can she make clones faster than he can cut them down." I honestly don't think so.

>Mommy Dearest VS Vanya
In spider fights, I'm pretty sure the bigger spider usually wins. And Mommy Dearest us a huge and terrifying monster of a spider. No offense.

I would like to point out that if you're talking about Ajani beating Bolas, you're very wrong. Ajani used the power of the conflux to make an avatar of Nicol Bolas, not a clone. It was quite literally Bolas fighting the essence of his own power, as his power rose and fall during the conflux not just a clone.

Can Simic grant someone immortality with their transhuman mutations?

>murdock not much of a fighter
The girl has several angel kills and actually gave an hard time to Serena. She woudl hid to prepare, not to run away, and if you give her the time to spring up a trap or cast some mindfuck magic on Thane or Ambrosia you are going to lose it.

She gave Serena a hard time thanks to a lot of preparation. The way the Ice Age works is really against her as there is assumed to be no set up which is where Murdock shines really. These are for the most part stand up fights which is Murdock's weakness.

But she goes after a target that has been severely debuffed. Hell, she could just backtab one of them midfight, or team up with the weakest. A free for all is the least fair of fights, so it is exactly where she shines.

>Bant Company
Gets me every time

To be fair, her own sheet says she's "not that competent a wizard." and her dazzling dagger-dance skills aren't going to be as effective against the stone and earth elementals that make up Thane's offenses/defenses or Ambrosia's enchantment shields/armor. At least, how I understand it. Her squishy targets aren't really that 'out-in-the-open' as she's used to this time around.

Old Simic was probably working on it, New Simic much less though. That said, immortality and such is more more an "add black" goal than a green/blue one.

Not much convinced. Also she did a pretty steep power up as her stories suggest.

>Old Simic was probably working on it, New Simic much less though. That said, immortality and such is more more an "add black" goal than a green/blue one.
Alright, so I'll definitely include a top secret Old Simic project in my flakes backstory.

Is seeking immortality really black? Even if you want EVERYONE to be immortal?

Nah, we even have one walker who wants it and went through simic fuckery already.

for yourself? black

for everyone? I feel like that's more BW than anything else