Warhammer 40k General

PDFs > USCRUB Edition

>Rules database, works 100%

mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ!ddAxALZD

>FAQ’s and Errata (outdated but official)

games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s).

dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index

dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

> The Black Library(Stay the fuck away from the clowns)

mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb
>Secret rules database, only for new shit that's mising above, don't spread it around.

mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!2tgBUTYI

previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

1d4chan.org/wiki/Warhammer_40,000/Tactics/Imperial_Militia_and_Cults_(30k)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>photosynthesis
As far as I'm aware it hasn't ever been touched upon. It would make sense for nids to make use of it because they have the "technology" to make it work well enough to provide a considerable power source for them

BLOOD ANGELS ARE TRAITORS!

>So are the Word Bearers just faith junkies?
>Take away their right to worship, they'll worship something, anything so long as they get their fix?

Monarchia was COMPLIANT!

>Orks are a melee race
>I2

Would dread mob be any good for kill team? On the one hand, access to meka dreads, grot tanks of all stripes, and nigh limitless dreads sound good. On the other, you have to sink at least 60 points into a mob of spanna boyz, and for 200 points, that can be killer.

I'm thinking of going with some spannaz and a grot mega tank armed with twin liked rokkits and grotzookas. Would that be good?

From Bell of Lost Clickbait:

>“CODEX GENESTEALERS CULT

> 104 pages

> background about various Genestealer Cults across the Imperium

> full army list with rules for all units including elements from the Astra Militarum.

> 6 new Tactical Objectives

> 8 new Formations

> new wargear

> new psychic school “Broodmind” (7 new powers)

> Uniform Guide that shows colors and uniforms of a selection of cults.”

That's a lot of stuff for a non-faction.

Any writefags about? In the previous thread me and a few other anons toyed about the idea of a petition we could do up and present to GW with the aim of getting their stagnant and arrogant codex writers replaced due to a consistent failure to provide well-written and balanced rules to many beloved armies.

We would need to present a coherent, civil and respectful argument with proof of their thin-skinned nature (videos, forum posts, articles etc) and general incompetence in the rules-set. Anecdotal evidence can't hold up, so we need to do this good. I believe this is the best time, what with GW amping up its social media and 8th being next year. Unless you want to risk your codex being shit again, let's get together and get this shit done.

Anyone have the new datasheet for bangel assault marines? I dont know how to outfit mine

Assuming the rumormongers are right and that 8th is coming early 2017, I would think that the actual ruleset is completely done and they're working on proofreading,art assets, structure of the rulebook(What section goes where), fluff, and sorting out printing deals so they can begin the manufacturing process.

Is the Start Collecting Tau actually a good way to start collecting Tau?

Useful models, good price? Should I buy everything individually secondhand instead? Or from recasters since I don't play at GW stores?

Finally, my 30+ genestealers will be useful! Now I just need to build some cultists and find a use for my 2 Tyrants and Swarmlord.

I'm thinking about doing a small IG army of around 750-1000 points that represents the PDF of a world, but I don't want to use standard IG equipment besides some Chimeras and some sentinels. What's some uncommon stuff that would add some flavor? I don't more about rule of cool than viability.

>genestealers
>useful

*I care more about rule of cool than viability
A Malcador tank is an obvious choice, but what else is there?

Thread ended right after I posted this, still looking for feedback

++ Aquila Spearhead (800pts) +++

++ Deathwatch: Codex (2016) (DW Black Spear Strike Force) (800pts) ++

+ Core (540pts) +

Aquila Kill Team (260pts) [Rhino]
····Librarian [Dominus Aegis, Mastery Level 1]
········Power Armour [Boltgun, Force Sword]
····Veteran [Boltgun, Stalker Pattern Bolter]

Aquila Kill Team (280pts)
····Rhino [Dozer Blade]
····Vanguard Veteran [Bolt Pistol, Power Sword]
····Vanguard Veteran [Bolt Pistol, Power Sword]
····Veteran [Boltgun, Deathwatch Shotgun]
····Veteran [Deathwatch Shotgun, Storm Shield]
····Veteran [Deathwatch Shotgun, Storm Shield]
····Veteran with Heavy Weapon [Boltgun, Deathwatch Frag Cannon]
····Veteran with Heavy Weapon [Boltgun, Deathwatch Frag Cannon]

+ Command (110pts) +

Librarian (110pts) [Banebolts of Eryxia, Mastery Level 2, Melta Bombs]
····Power Armour [Bolt Pistol, Force Sword]

+ Auxiliary (150pts) +

Ancient (150pts)
····Dreadnought [Multi-melta]
········Drop Pod [Deathwind Launcher]
········Power Fist [Storm Bolter]

Look at it this way. A box of Fire Warriors is $50 in burgerbucks, a box of Crisis suits is $75 in burgerbucks, and the Ethereal would be valued at no less than $20. The box containing all 3 is $85. You would have to WANT to literally waste money not to pick up that box as your first option. Even if you only want the Crisis suits, you could sell the Fire Warriors on ebay for $30 easily and the Ethereal for $10-15.

By the way those 2 units are your bread and butter units for most lists. Ethereals are mostly fluffy and not the best HQ choice. Commanders are your good HQ choice.

I play Tau and I have a backlog of Dark Eldar to paint before I give myself the reward of a Start Collecting box. Pick up 2, user. You can make a Breacher squad if you don't want 20 regular fire warriors.

Malcadors, no veterans, at most one regular commissar, and less special equipment. Rocket launchers, and heavy stubbers are the stuff you'll want. Of course, the closest thing to a heavy stubber would be a heavy bolter.

They could've pacified/conquered a dozen worlds instead of dicking around and building temples and churches. I dislike the Emps but he was right in this case.

Fucking Godfags.

Either way, it would be good to still do the petition to try and change things up. It's not like any have a proven track record of stellar work.

GW need new blood and we can do something about it.

It doesn't need to be specifically touched upon (although actually it is in one of the early codexes, I think, the last step in a Tyranid invasion of a system after they've stripped all the planets is the hiveships cluster around the star to soak up all those delicious life-sustaining rays before departing for the next system). But even if it wasn't, any idiot can put two and two together and realize Tyranids have plants.

But user, the world the Word Bearers conquered and helped rebuild were the most loyal of all during the Great Crusade.

I was thinking about mortars and autocannons for heavy weapons since they seem like pretty simple stuff, but I'm focused more on vehicles or maybe some static artillery to show that the PDF just doesn't have a lot of stuff to pick from.
Are Heavy Mortars or Thudd Guns available for standard IG? Do Griffon tanks still exist?

Not to mention that, knowing the Emperor was wrong about Chaos as he was, the religious aspect also a net benefit.

Heavy mortars and Thudd Guns are most likely in one of the IAs. Dunno which though, sorry.

Cool, thanks!

Second question, XV84 for a Hunter Contingent? Y/N?

I actually don't know if they're interchangeable. I don't usually run Forgeworld stuff outside of a small detachment of Corsairs.

HELL YES
the xv84 is a steal for 20 points and the perfect support commander if you stick it in a squad of marker drones with a drone controller.
The xv81 isn't really worth the bother though

>still not a super reliable vehicle killing platform
It's super reliable at penetrating vehicles at any AV, and it's durable as fuck.

In offensive effectiveness, maybe, and even then it's a big "if." However, blasts of any type or, heck, shooting of any type will wipe those HWT right the fuck out, and let's not forget that losing just a single base in a HWT causes the remaining two to flee with their iffy Ld 7.

Where as 14 AV, with a 72" gun that can hit anywhere on a standard table from the furthest corner back, will either laugh of any such attack or force a volleys of dedicated fire (plus getting into range) to remove its threat. Because its very nature makes it a threat, thus pulling attention off of your other threats. And if they don't focus it, then you indeed have a very reliable anti-tank gun for most of the game, not to mention sponsons.

What are your must listen to podcasts? I'm currently listening to:

Independent characters
Long war
Forge the narrative
Masters of the forge
Preferred enemies
Tfg radio

While Marines get a new update every two days.

Genestealers get a half ass well deserved codex. (I'm so sorry forgotten brothers)

I'm here trying to kitbash and fix a shitty Forge World Repressor kit, that is no longer in production.

Whatever number I am for DEFILESS.

Could look into using the 30k Cults & Militia list. It's like a really run-down swarm of shit that drowns you under even-worse Lasguns, Malcadors and Gorgons.
You also have the 'Provenances' which are army-wide fluff rules you can opt in for. So you can play the whole thing as abhumans, druggies, AdMech etc.

1d4chan.org/wiki/Warhammer_40,000/Tactics/Imperial_Militia_and_Cults_(30k)

It's still ok at best. It may great at getting pens but only crons care about that.

Get a kv-2 with that bigass turret to be a Ragnarok. Its a ghetto Leman Russ, that I'd imagine the PDF would have instead of the Guard

If a unit destroys a transport in close combat, the unit inside should then get locked in combat with them. Y/n?

I'm having flashback to warthunder. Bloody Box tanks.

Battlescribe thinks so.
Cool! I have an XV-81 already so that kind of sucks, but I only bought it as shelf piece before deciding to play anyway.

The game really favors HP-glancing rather than banking on Penetrating kills though. So even the Vanquisher gets side-lined if you're using Pask, simply because 20 BS 4 Tank-Hunting Rending shots gives far greater potential to just outright kill many vehicles in one go.

Question: Did a quick look over the 7ed Ref, is this right? All blast weapons no matter the size shatter 2D6? Even the 3" one? Ok that's ass. That's another weapon type I have to avoid if true.

Punisher Pask isn't that great either, due to short range leaving him really vulnerable to counter attack.

You reduce the scatter by the firers BS, if you're firing directly.

Minus bs unless barraging out of los plus 1/3 chance of no scatter on the scatter die.

Except it'll barely glance even with all those shots.

Ironically, far more planets are like Monarchia now than before the Heresy.

WHO PAINTED THIS

PDF don't get tanks. PDF certainly don't get special tanks. They don't even get real training, meaning most of their members should be using the Conscripts profile, with the senior members using the regular guardsmen BS 3 and Ld7.

In the entire Cain series, PDF are shown again and again to be poor shots (especially when shooting at him, or shooting at the tau in the first book) with poorer discipline and terrible command structure (Cain trying to speak to someone in charge in the first book). In fact, the only time PDF ever proved themselves as effective soldiers in the series is in "The Traitor's Hand" book, mostly due to their General's level head and swift actions, and said General had never even seen combat before. That's what PDF are like. Their General has never even seen combat before.

In "Death or Glory," you find out that there is usually only a single Commissar assigned to whole systems of PDF - which is usually a punishment for said Commissar as PDF are the worst there is to be responsible for - and due to there only being one man for over 20 millions PDF troopers, most don't even know that they have a Commissar, having never seen, met, or heard of him.

I'm not saying this to stop you from making a PDF list, but I want you to keep it in mind that you are really going to have to revv up that "special snowflake" to make them half-competent or getting armour support or both. There's nothing wrong with that, but make sure you are accounting for it in fluff. Their real goal is usually just to hold off long enough for the IG to get there.

Anyone else thinks glancing hits should not be able to wreck or destroy vehicles?

Sure loose hull points, maybe immobilize them, but not actually wreck them.

>You reduce the scatter by the firers BS, if you're firing directly.
Well, true but on average even firing directly you're going to be off by 3-4 inches at least from your target. In most cases, you could miss a squad completely and waste the shot. They should make the shatter on the small blast like a D6 instead.

That's working as intended, scatter is supposed to be a missed shot.

>first time I look at I thought it was unpainted
>look at it again, realize this is painted
>"painted"

>throw a grenade 6" forward into a squad
>it scatters back 6" onto your head

Warhammer: 40,000

>>Lose Hull Points
>>Not Wreck
Que?

You have to account for Wind, user.

You ever played worms?

Have you not noticed that "Faith is a vile poison" is a strong recurring theme of the setting?

The original writers were fedora as fuck about it, and so are a lot of the new ones.

Shit, Lorgar managed to not only cause the heresy but in the process set all the seeds for the emperor-worship cult which makes the Imperium a totalitarian hell.

Yes as in glacing not reducing it to 0 HP.

sure if you want wave serpents to be fucking unkillable thanks to the serpent shield which can turn pens into glances.

Dorn
He knew that the Emperor needed warriors so that'd what he (and the IF) were. They didn't need idle pursuits to distract them from the Great Crusade. The IF had duty and that was enough. Not only did they excel at building fortifications (which most people assume was their singular trait) but also they were the best "space marines" in a literal sense. They were excellent at ship combat, boarding action, and planetary assaults.

Yet for this drive, Dorn did care about his brothers and humanity. He might not have had the tools that Sanguinus or Horus had to communicate it but he did care. Dorn cleared away worlds, set a strong foundation, and moved on knowing that humanity must be able to stand on it's own two legs. By the time the Emperor found him Dorn was the ruler of an entire system because he was good at what he did.

The only times he fell into conflict with his brothers were when they tried putting themselves over their duty to the Emperor and the Imperium at large.

A lot of people get stuck on the events of the Iron Cage. Here's Dorn having just experience what amounts to the worst of the Heresy: he's seen the Imperium start to turn with the arrival of Loken, he's ripped down parts of the palace for the sake of defense, he finds the Emperor dying, and tried desperately to stop Guilliman from turning the legions into glorified firemen unable to ever mount sweeping change throughout the galaxy ever again.

So Dorn and his sons would rather die in the pursuit of what they believed to be a worthwhile task than to live on to see their ideals (the ideals of the Crusade) further tarnished.

Turns out they're just too damn good at enduring though, Perturabo blinks at the loss of men once in his career, and Guiliman doesn't like that Dorn is willing to die for a purpose.

Then Dorn sets up 3 top tier chapters to defend what remains in the hope that someday humanity will succeed.

This is so retarded it hurts.

I think you are focusing too hard on the word "glancing" and not on the effects on the vehicle from it. "glancing" in this case does not mean the hit just bounced off like a shuriken weapon off power armor. It just means that it wasn't enough to penetrate through the hull. You can still wreck a hell of a lot of havoc on the integrity of something without actually compromising a weapon or another vital system the first hit. But then it happens again. And again. There's only so much a tank can take before it can no longer function.

You can picture that last "glancing hit" as exploiting one of the prior openings in the hull and finishing it off. Don't think of it like "If you get X dents in your bumper, your car stops."

Go play 5th ed.

>going to have to revv up that "special snowflake" to make them half-competent or getting armour support or both

Not necessarily, in the Gaunt's Ghost books the PDF, say the Verghast PDF, were shown to have both tanks and some units were displayed as reasonably well trained, with some of the higher ranks having seen combat in the past, although hardly on the scale the guard would see.

Because Priestley wanted to make something new, while Fantasy writers after him had just stolen Moorcock without much change.

So he came up with the idea of belief in evil making evil, evil becomibg self-perpetuating until there is only evil left, and made Paradise Lost the theme.

He hated how later writers tried to paint the Imperium as the better of two evils or as anything good, when it is intended to be basically hell in the mortal world and the Primarchs all self-rightous demons. Emps and Horus are both Lucifer, one the deciever and one the rebel.

Anyone have a good source for the audiobooks? I need the newest Beast Arises and Horus Heresy books - plus the Deathwatch short story. Already checked archives, and my usual source (kickass) is dead.

Hey, it's still better than unpainted plastic gray

Anyone else genuinely happy with the BA updates in Angel's Blade?

Death Company army? Yes please. 4/6 warlord traits are good. 5/6 relics are good.

I know we didn't get ObSec but why the fuck are you playing Blood Angels if you aren't trying to assault?!
Having Furious Charge, The Red Thirst, and The Sons of Sanguinius all encourage assaulting, not sitting on objectives. If you want that shit go play Codex Space Marines.

Titanicus also has well equiped PDF. But they also have "Civies w/ guns" tier PDF. They had three tiers of PDF in that book. First Tier is standing army and had tanks and training. Tier 2 was reserves and Tier 3 was "Civies with guns".

I don't know about that, at least grey plastic has the POTENTIAL to one day have a nice paint job.

This is... like a dead end.

I forgot that often IG elements are left behind on newly conquered worlds as newly garrisoned PDF as well.

Newer Tau Player here. Joining my friends who started just a bit before me. They are capped out at 1500pts and I just finished half that.
I want a more shooty than suity army but I do like the stealth suits and broadsides.
My friend was telling me I could run more warriors behind Tau scenery/fortifications and do pretty well.
They play Imperial Fist Marines and Necrons.

My 750 list is below:

HQ: Ethereal (89pts)
>2x Equalizers, Hover Drone, 2x MV7 Marker Drone

Elites: 4 XV25 Stealth Battlesuits (125pts)
>3 Burst Cannon, 1 Fusion Blaster

Troops:
9 Fire Warrior Strike Team (199pts)
>EMP Grenades
TY7 Devilfish
>Burst Cannon, Point Defense Targeting Relay, Twin-linked Smart Missile System

11 Fire Warrior Strike Team (233pts)(12 Models)
>Fire Warrior Shas'ui - Markerlight and Target Lock, Pulse Rifle
TY7 Devilfish
>Burst Cannon, Point Defense Targeting Relay, Twin-linked Smart Missile System

Heavy: 1 XV88 Broadside Battlesuits (104pts)
>Stimulant Injector, Twin-linked High-Yield Missile Pod, Twin-linked Smart Missile System, Blacksun Filter, Multi-tracker, 2x MV7 Marker Drone

So I need to double my points but I don't want more than three Devilfish but I would like another Broadside I think.
I am a Ghostkeel away from the Optimized Stealth Cadre but have been warned not to use it.

That's actually sick as hell.

I am disappointed with the Decurion and one of the cores having the same bonuses.

I hope this was a copy pasta oversight and not a legitimate "feature".

it will cost you but you could convert some malcadors into this and run them as leman russes

Why even take that Core Choice? The other one is so much better!

Are there any good Black Templars resources or formations? I'm pissed that a Gladius Strike Force requires Tactical Squads.

I don't even play BA so that's a null issue.

It's about the attitude it shows, for both the company and the writers.

But that isn't how it's written at all. The Imperium was facist and totalitarian and necessary for mankind to survive. Hell, the Primarchs didn't even exist as of the Warhammer: 40,000 - Rogue Trader, (barring Leman Russ, the IG commander who was selected to start the Space Wolves marine chapter).

And considering Pius was there with the introduction of the Primarchs, your religious allegory begins to fall apart. It's a far stretch at best.

>Are there any good Black Templars resources or formations?

No, you're fucked.

So, I finally got a crappy job after being a Neet for a long time, so I can pay for this hobby. I was thinking about starting either Grey Knights or Eldar. Can anyone tell me about those two army's lore and how they do on the table? Right now I just like their models, thanks.

Not yet =[

Your only solace is with the Black Crusade and a million Chaos books coming out, one may have them fighting Templars so you too can have a shitty money grab decurion.

>How they do on the table.
>Grey Knights
They don't.
>Eldar
They do.

>tell me about those two army's lore

I can never understand this thought. Surely you would realize that it'd be easier and faster to just google the factions and read their wiki pages and any other relevant sources you find, rather than asking Veeky Forums to meme you a joking response right? You want to know about the lore, look it up.

I mean, look at this.

Almost everything in the book is written about it's geared towards Mankind's survival, within and without. The actual religious elements of the Imperium are straight up refuted, saying that all of the higher class knew better than the Imperial Creed and used it to control the uneducated masses of their huge empire, and that it was strange that the Ecclesiarchy was gaining power.

It was fedora as fuck, as the other user said.

>Rumor of only two new troop choices
>Can take fill in models from the IG

This is what we get.
>No cool cult priest
>No cool truck
>no rumored flyer

Fucking lame.... was so hyped.

Two more 12 Man strike teams in devil fish and another broadside all like how you have loaded up would bring you up to 1320.

Then have two three man stealth squads each with two bursts and a fusion.

You may even find the room for a third Broadside.
Definitely never field the OSC unless your group is running an arms race.

The fortification is probably the sidewall or whatever and I am not too sure the whole thing is worth the investment at 1500.

And sourcing the middle part of my post.

It is the current year. Why do you still hype for corporate commander?

Specially when said company proudly said it didn't do any marketing research.

Oh I don't know. Just hoped for a deathwatch style release.

>troop
>maybe an elite troop
>truck or flyer
>Some fast attack choice

That's all I wanted. Not two troop choices and a couple books. Rest of the army is ripped out of the IG dex. Feels fucking lame.

>and tried desperately to stop Guilliman from turning the legions into glorified firemen
guilliman probably didn't want that either

The breaking up of the imperial military was something kind of needed after the heresy. The humans couldn't trust the legions anymore. Once Dorn saw that, he changed his stance.

At least you have plastic models.

What did you expect they are not marines.

Eldar get a bone because someone at GW still likes them.

Tau well Stormrape and rapetide sell, no idea how thou.

I do plan on getting a Chariot just to have at least one, but I like the ice of pic related for my exlateds. Herald models started including beaks, and I figure this old thing would be perfect for exalted flamers.

Anyway, how does this list look? I lost pretty soundly last time I played because I don't think I had enough on the table (and I rolled like shit).

+++ Demons (1000pts) +++

+ HQ +

Herald of Tzeentch Exalted Locus of Conjuration
Paradox
Psyker Level 3

Exalted Flamer
Exalted Flamer

Lord of Change
Greater Reward x2
Psyker Level 3
The Impossible Robe

+ Elites +

Flamers of Tzeentch x3
Flamers of Tzeentch x3

+ Troops +

Pink Horrors x11
Pink Horrors x11
Pink Horrors x11

Herald and Exlateds each get a unit of horrors.

Still having trouble wrapping my head around the old CEO stepping down actually having been a bad thing even though everyone was selling it as a good.

user I just wanted the cool fucking truck out of the trailer! All I fucking wanted... but no... fuck me.

cause it is fucking lame. They want you to buy an expensive book for rules for two units. Any other wargame would get shit on by their community for doing that. It's just that we're used to GW and these practices at this point.

He was just a patsy for Sigmar. It's a pretty typical tactic--get rid of a very old CEO or use a very new CEO to get something done that your customers don't want, then bring in a "new guy" who's been on the board the whole time and keep doing what you were going to do anyways.

God I fucking hope atia, bols, and faeit are wrong...

Otherwise I could give a fuck less about this whole release.

Am I correct in assuming that if I want to get the Eagle Eye trait to work with a Firewarrior SMS turret, the turret itself is the specialist?

Corporations have their own internal politics.
If only they did things for money you could understand. But sometimes it is just a fight of egos inside corporations.

If playing videogames for many years has taught me anything. Always expect the worst and never get hyped.