Let's see if we can reach a consensus

Let's see if we can reach a consensus.

So it seems like one legitimate opposition to quests is that they saturate the front page despite being just a relative handful of posters.

This is a fair concern, so a proposed fix to this is that any thread flagged as a quest only bumps to page 2. Perhaps also combined with only bumping to page 2 when the OP posts.

Furthermore, the board on which a quest is decided to belong is dependent on the theme of the quest.

This would solve a concerns from both sides of the argument:

>Threads take up the front page
solved

>Quests get no exposure confined to /qst/
solved, as catalogue browsers will still see them

>Anime quests aren't Veeky Forums related
Anime quests would go to /a/. And also only get bumped to page 2.

Any other concerns that need addressing?

Note: "I hate quests they shouldn't be on Veeky Forums" isn't a concern. Nor is "antiquesters shitposted so I will as well"

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/tg/search/text//qst//deleted/deleted/page/4/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Go away, you autistic spammer.

Why don't you stay banned, you spamming fuck?

No quests, halve the 40k posts

What's wrong with 40k, without it, magic and D&D most of us probably wouldn't be here

Fuck off OP there's been how many threads that hiro wont even read that are full of people arguing, sometimes about stuff that happened a decade ago, and to top it all off people will go back to /qa/ and proclaim their biased summary as if we're all in agreement

There is no "bump only to the second page" bullshit

quests go on /qst/ and should, if you want to browse both get the greasemonkey script

/a/ is not for quests, quests go on the /qst/ quest board

How's it feel to be autistic piece of shit making this exact same thread every single day?

>a proposed fix to this is that any thread flagged as a quest only bumps to page 2

This wouldn't make any difference to the catalog, and anyone who doesn't use catalog view isn't worth worrying about.

Get rid of magic and DnD too.

I'd rather have a slow board than one spammed by plebs, underage and shitposters.

If people want quests, they'll go to /qst/. Maybe there can be an advert for /qst/ here, but in no way shape or form should /qst/ threads should be allowed here. I left Veeky Forums for years due to the spam. They can fuck off.

>anyone who doesn't use catalog view isn't worth worrying about
t. dumb newfag who comes to Veeky Forums to read generals

Not him, but what advantage is there to the traditional style over catalog?

Seeing replies. We aren't exactly known for staying on topic here

>t. dumb newfag who comes to Veeky Forums to read generals
What? It's easier to find non-generals with the catalog. Just sort them by creation date.

You can see the last three responses to the thread.

You get to see the epic thread derails because you can see the last few posts instead of just the OP post

So basically nothing

FUCK OFF

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

FOK OFF YA POOF

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

And magically came back every time someone mentioned a thread about hating quests, we know.

That lie doesn't fly.

Friendly reminder that people have provably hated on quests so autistically for 8 years they forced the mods to make a board.

Who is next for purging?

Or the mod in charge of /qst/ could make it a good place to run quests rather than a mess of stupid features that actively get in the way.

t. brainless shitposter who spams nocaps shit on whatever flashes across the front page

So just like I said: nothing that matters, and no one worth caring about.

Thanks for proving my point.

>So just like I said: nothing that matters, and no one worth caring about.
Perhaps the same could be said of quest threads

Quests stay on /qst/, however all forum games go there as well and it's renamed to /game/. Rather than asking a return to the status quo you should make due with what you have and ask for a far more reasonable request like getting all forum games on your board to come with so you can have a bigger audience.

Nobody will go to /qst/ because nobody looks around for a niche board like that.

What's likely to happen is as soon as the remaining QMs finish their current quests and their followers leave, /qst/ will see literally no movement and will be deleted, with quests moved back here.

>Implying you won't be left to your wasteland.
lol

Keep /qst/ but make it suggested though optional to post there.

Before they made the chance to force quests there, rather than allowing them on both boards, the amount of quests here significantly thinned out, and most of them were long-running quests that had been going here before /qst/ was a thing, rather than new quests. So after they'd finish up, the number would go down further still.

Basically because of the needs of different types of quests. Some people /qst/ is great for with allowing of super long threads for many days, while other people just have a few hours to be available for a single thread, which Veeky Forums is better for.

>one metathread per board
acceptable

So, about these new banners...

Forum games have needed a dedicated board ever since people over the age of 15 stopped using /b/. This is an opportunity that shouldn't get canned because of flame wars.

Not happening.

/qst/ is a mod's vanity project. Changing it would mean he was wrong and he can't have that. He still refuses to remove the terrible board features.

Any board that drops below a certain level of posting is deleted.

Look, nobody is going to get angry and shitpost if you try and improve /qst/, but if you try to bring quests back this will only make people more angry.

>Before they made the chance to force quests there, rather than allowing them on both boards, the amount of quests here significantly thinned out,
They really didn't.

>So after they'd finish up, the number would go down further still.
>implying they would ever finish
>implying they wouldn't just branch off into Weeb Quest Re:Dux 2.5: The Side Story indefinitely like all the long-running quests did

Problem: the mod doesn't actually bother reading anything in /qst/. We can barely get a janaitor to notice /qst/ shitposting. How can /qst/ be improved if not even the mod bothers lookign at it?

>implying that 7% > 10%
We have a valid and useful device for measuring the number of threads in Veeky Forums that are actually quests - or any other type of thread - in the 4pleb archives you know.

The issue with peopel who hate quests is that they are delusional and lie a lot.

>They really didn't.
You're actually certifiably wrong. Just to make sure, a few people carefully watched the Veeky Forums traffic and kept an eye on quests. Even without /qst/ they never took up *that much* of Veeky Forums, and after a couple months of /qst/ the number dropped notably lower.

It will make the same thirty or so people that have always been angry angry.

Improving /qst/ is impossible. The mod doesn't listen to any criticism. People have been trying to get him to change the shitty way the boads works since it was first rolled out.

Solution: Stop spamming Veeky Forums about something that the rules states is no longer Veeky Forums's problem, and use /qa/. The less people that spam Veeky Forums the more sympathetic other janitors will be towards /qst/.

>We can barely get a janaitor to notice /qst/ shitposting
Have you been reporting shitposting?

Alright, with quests, smut and writefaggotry gone, what do we push off the board next?

Meta threads.

mook gives everyone an inch and of course questfags use it to bring their fucking horseshit back to Veeky Forums

please leave.

Fuck the mods.

Fuck the boards.

Burn it all down. Start over.

And they post ridiculous shit like this as if someone came to their homes and kicked their dogs. () Kids and their hyperbole.

Nah, I think I'll continue to post here, since it vexes you so strongly.

/qst/ is pointless. It's a board that actively makes it difficult for people to run quests.

posting purely to annoy the good members of this board is trolling, and against the rules. Fuck off back to /qst/, no one cares if it makes it harder for your quests to pull ironman numbers.

That's what happens when you whine continuously in metathreads for almost a decade.
Of course people will do the same once the shoe is on the other foot.

Except, really they haven't. Look at /qa/, look at this thread. They're being reasonable in the face of hate, compared to how much hate they've been given and the situations forced upon them by other people.

I want to add my voice to those saying that Veeky Forums was utterly shat up by quests before the institution of a containment board.

There may be problems with the containment board. Those problems have nothing to do with Veeky Forums.

SHOES ONLY FIT ON ONE FOOT
QUESTS ONLY FIT ON ONE BOARD
FUCK OFF BACK TO /qst/

Quests are completely banned now. Consensus reached. Piss off.

Quests are Veeky Forums. They're made by Veeky Forums posters using Veeky Forums concepts.

They're more made by /a/ posters using a pick one of three creative abortion of a concept but whatever.
>That pic.
>That tiny sample size.
lmao

>Fetish trollplay threads are Veeky Forums. They're made by Veeky Forums posters using Veeky Forums concepts.
Stop being cancer.

This thread is not about quest unban, this is about deciding what we get banned next.

I vote we ban this guy.

Untrue.

Nice strawman.

Seconded.

+1

Also any whiny quest refugees can go too.

Stop making this thread

Just GTFO to /qst/, you tiny dicked retard.

MLP was /co/, yet they got their own board.
Pokemon was /v/, yet they got their own board.
Hell, video game generals are /v/, and they have their own board too.

>They're made by Veeky Forums posters using Veeky Forums concepts
So were ERP threads, yet they still got pruned. Quest threads were flooding the front page, so they were given their own board, which is more than a lot of niche Veeky Forums groups get. Fuck off.

Nah.
Most of what I do is still on Veeky Forums.

The same argument we had when whe chased out the faptards: You don't shit where you eat. Now bugger off.

MLP flooded multiple boards and took up literally over half of /co/
Pokemon and generals took up a very significant amount of /v/
Quests couldn't even fill one page on Veeky Forums, and the whims of people who can't even use the catalog or filters shouldn't dictate how the board goes.

Also, stop trying to frame /qst/ as a positive thing. Its features don't help quests and it has no exposure. Most people who quest only do so incidentally. And nobody incidentally goes to a board. Questing is an activity, not a community.

Still, they're banned now. Piss off.

>Quests couldn't even fill one page on Veeky Forums,
as untrue as this statement is, it doesn't matter. the front page being 90% quests is just as bad as a full page.
>and the whims of people who can't even use the catalog or filters shouldn't dictate how the board goes.
The catalog is hot dogshit for browsing.

It's amazing how newfags are always so eager to make changes that go against the fundamentals of Veeky Forums.

This place used to be known as the website where you could discuss anything and everything.
Nowadays, if you cry hard and long enough, eventually mods will cave in and feed you.

If you see something that you don't like on Veeky Forums, filter it and move on.
If you can't do that, you don't have the maturity to be here.

archive.4plebs.org/tg/search/text//qst//deleted/deleted/page/4/

This right here is the sole reason I want quests back on Veeky Forums. The kind of people complaining about something this small and insignificant shouldn't be pandered to.

In this thread Veeky Forums demonstrates it's fear of actual self-examination.

Is this because it fears what it will find there?

Only time will tell.

Also. might as well report most of you guys (and myself) for breaking Veeky Forumss first two rules.

>BE EXCELLENT TO EACH OTHER.
>PARTY ON, DUDES. (AND DUDETTES)

>as untrue as this statement is
It's completely true. tally up quests per day, week, or month and they never top 11%. Most of the time, they don't even top 8%.

>Waaaaagh I don't like the board so it's not a good thing
Yeah fuck off back to /qst/ please, you're spamming here and your shitty half baked arguments are just making me glad all of you got pushed off of here.

>democracy

Just because a quest thread can be interpreted as a role playing game they belong in Veeky Forums, regardless of theme and setting?
If not, which would be "acceptable"?
Should ponyfag quests be welcome here? What about vore and futanari? Chinese cartoons are more of a grey area?

I just filter out "quest", so I don't see them, but they do bump other threads outta the board, which is annoying as fuck.

If those rules were enforced, /qst/ would never have been made because the whiners would have been banned about 8 years ago.

You're literally too scummy to live. NOTHING was banned, it even had a whole board created for itself. You guys hat several months to move over, still you decided to be like the ponytards and shit up your old board.

Whine louder. You sound like Touhoufag's apologists.

Thirded

Wait, Touhoufag still hangs around here?

You don't even have an argument.
/qst/ has big problems, and its biggest problem, exposure, is evidenced by the fact that literally every single quest lost huge numbers of posters. Most new quests struggle to get even a handful of players.

Because quests don't crossover much. Playing one does not mean anyone is interested in other ones.
And with little crossover and no random new people, quests wither and die.

My understanding is it's customary to start a new thread on a given topic after the existing one has started to auto-sage. I hope that it's okay to do that with these meta-board threads

>NOTHING was banned, it even had a whole board created for itself
A shitty board that is missing the one thing quests really need.

I like how you avoid the rest of my post. Quests were cancer. It doesn't matter how long they've been here, they grew into something too large for this board.

No let this one die, it is pure spam and cancer- not an actual meta thread.

Metathreads are technically against the rules, so NO, it isn't.

>Quests couldn't even fill one page on Veeky Forums
They use to fill up as much of Veeky Forums as generals do now.

>And nobody incidentally goes to a board
What is a "whim", for 500, Alex?

>Also, stop trying to frame /qst/ as a positive thing
Questers got a board custom built for their niche hobby. It's concerning that you insist on framing it as a negative thing.

>Questing is an activity
So is ERP. That has no relevance to whether or not it belongs on Veeky Forums after a board was made specifically for it.

>not a community
Wrong. Now that people who participate in the activity have a localized place to congregate, it is the definition of a community.

The rest of your post is entirely subjective. If you can't use the catalog or filters, there's nothing I can say to change that.
But forcing other people to change what they do because you refuse to use tools that are given to you is really shitty.

Stop whining so incredibly loud. Earlier today at the grocery, there was a little kid, crying and whining loud enough to annoy the whole store. That's you.

>They use to fill up as much of Veeky Forums as generals do now.
I really doubt it. Show some actual numbers. There are archives going back years and years.

>What is a "whim", for 500, Alex?
Not an argument, and provably not something that happens after the new board smell wears off.

>Questers got a board custom built for their niche hobby. It's concerning that you insist on framing it as a negative thing.
It is a negative thing. The rules actively impede quests and the biggest problem is ignored entirely.

>So is ERP. That has no relevance to whether or not it belongs on Veeky Forums after a board was made specifically for it.
It has relevance to there being a board made for it.

>Wrong. Now that people who participate in the activity have a localized place to congregate, it is the definition of a community.
This is circular reasoning.

>Quests couldn't even fill one page on Veeky Forums
I frequently ended up having only 3-4 threads visible after hiding quest threads, and that was just on the first page.

Hah. That's rich coming from people who filled over 30 archive pages with whining in just a few months.

>It is a negative thing. The rules actively impede quests and the biggest problem is ignored entirely.
Then the correct place to complain about it would be on /qst/ where the relevant mods might actually see it.

People have been. It's all been ignored.
The entire board is the problem, and the exposure problem can't be solved while quests are stuck on one board with no other traffic.

>mfw questfags have distanced themselves from the Veeky Forums community with threads like this to the point where most people who don't quest and didn't care would prefer it if they just fucked off.
Well played.

I don't think that's how it works.
Although it would explain how the antis never got the silent majority they claimed to represent to actually post their support. Too much whining.

Says the incredibly retarded scum who keeps permaspamming metathreads.

hi spooky

>Stop arguing and just accept my views GEEEEEEZ!!1!

>Mods actually catered to these people

I gave quests an honest shot and from what I remember, there were only two that I liked both of which abruptly disappeared so I can live without them on this board.
But I can't stand the thought of faggots like you getting your way because I know you'll keep going until Veeky Forums is as dead and barren as /qst/ is.

Ask for this, don't ask to come back to Veeky Forums. You can find a new audience as long as you can get the board to expand.

it's almost comical, they have made the argument against themselves better than any antiquester could with spam and autism.

if you can't see the irony here, then I feel sorry for you.