Warhammer Fantasy Battle General Thread /wfb/

Ogres Tower Edition

Talk about all Warhammer Fantasy. Please be courteous and try to limit your End Times fluff discussion since its mostly seen as just the start of Age of Sigmar.

Link to last thread: →

>1d4chan
1d4chan.org/wiki/Category:Warhammer_Fantasy

>Newbie Introduction to Warhammer Fantasy (Download, start reading at page 174 for the story and all the races)
mediafire.com/download/i330182xo9b1hsi/Rulebook (Hardback).pdf

>Third Party Miniature Manufacturers
pastebin.com/CvGaNyrk

>List of Warhammer recommended proxies
the-ninth-age.com/lexicon/index.php?lexicon/462-the-9th-age-miniature-library/

>Tomb Kings Range reborn!
tabletop-miniatures-solutions.com
indiegogo.com/projects/tms-undying-dynasties-army-release#/

>Warhammer Wikis
whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page
warhammerfb.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Wiki
warhammeronline.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Online_Wiki

>Resources (Armybooks, Supplements, Fluff, Crunch)
pastebin.com/8rnyAa1S
www.pastebin.com/0e6RuQux
>Endhammer
1d4chan.org/wiki/Endhammer

>9th Age
the-ninth-age.com

>Total War: Warhammer
store.steampowered.com/app/364360/

>End Times: Vermintide
store.steampowered.com/app/235540/

>Mordheim: City of the Damned
store.steampowered.com/app/276810/

>Bloodbowl 2
store.steampowered.com/app/236690/

>Man O' War
store.steampowered.com/app/344240/

/wfb/ thread, 1 poster, page nine.

Maybe Warhammer really is dead.

LET'S TALK ABOUT WFRP INSTEAD.

>So if not for dwarf induced prejudice, humans are well capable to develop their own functioning and not that corrupting traditions.

Hold the fuck on.

It was elves that came down and told humanity 'Lawl bruh, you're doing magic all wrong, do it this way or it'll kill you' and those fuckers listened.

All Dwarfs did was hunt down the fuckers who stole rune magic.

>Settra invading Empire was proposed for Endhammer a few threads ago. I'm on board.

But how would you work it? Would you start with Storm of Chaos and then have Settra capitalise?

Where are the Tomb Kings standing in End Times/Hammer? How badly were they mauled before the planet blew up? Because if they are anywhere near as strong as they used to be, this could be a cake walk for them.

>last thread had 53 posters and got all the way to autosaging without anyone having a conversation about shithammer
>literally the second poster in this thread brings it up
Holy shit, why does skubhammer have to be the only possible alternative to Normal Warhammer/post-SoC warhammer? Can't we just have a normal conversation about a "what if" scenario without bringing up AoS: Old world edition? we were doing so good in the last thread. if not, Back into hibernation for me.

How about we just have Settra invade the old world instead of Archaon?

>Back into hibernation for me.
So you post nothing on this thread as it drifts to page 10, but the moment someone brings up Endhammer you decided to come in and just be a cunt?

>How about we just have Settra invade the old world instead of Archaon?

Works for me. Nagash should have been the real Big Bad of the setting, not Archaon.

Questions:

1.) How frequently do Skaven mutate? I know they're resistant to warpstone exposure, but do you tend to see mutations among those who work heavily with warpstone, such as Grey Seers, Moulders, and Skryre Warlock-Engineers?

2.) How susceptible are greenskins to mutation?

>Settra would get gimped by having to fight through the Badlands and the Border Princes.

Why would he fight his way up instead of taking his navy to an easier access point? Is he trying to just expand his Empire or has he got it into his mind that fucking Ghal-Maraz belongs to him or something?

>49423751
>I also doubt a post SoC empire would be able to fight off the fully united armies of Nehekara, they'd likely get rekt

This. Post Storm Empire was a lot more FUBAR'd than most people realise. If you look at the Gazettes with population count and compare them between 1ed and 2ed, the Empire was fucking decimated.

Both Skaven and Greenskins are susceptible to mutation, but Skaven definitely have a huge resistance to it. I mean shit, Skaven just casually eat Warpstone for the buzz.

You do see Skaven mutations, but I'm starting to wonder if they were naturally formed mutations or if Moulder/Skyre was involved to produce them...

I'd put them at nearly Halfling levels of resistance though, based on just what we see in the lore.

As for Greenskins, I'm not as sure. The only popular greenskin 'mutant' I can think of is Grom the Paunch, and that was just from eating troll or something, right?

I've seen artwork of Orc mutants, but it's not a common theme. I suppose most orc tribes aren't super close to the Chaos Wastes and wouldn't necessarily have to deal with the risk of mutation. Given their inherent endurance, I'd guess they're about as susceptible to mutation as Dwarfs.

SKAVEN VAMPIRES
DWARF WIZARDS
SKELETON BLACK-OPS

Good ideas? Yay or nay? And before any shitposting let me just highlight:

>There's no canon reason a Skaven can't be a vampire, it's just unlikely because who would want to?
>Dwarfs CAN cast spells, it just slowly turns them to stone and their culture looks down on it.
>The Skellies are Tomb Kings supported by a Priest or Prince in disguise.

Whatever, slav

Tomb Kings, in Endhammer, are fairly stable. Whereas in End Times, Nagash took the reigns, in Endhammer, Nagash tries to become the God of Death by eating Ushiran/Morr and ultimately succeeds... however, Nagash's gambit to become a god was a monkey's paw and he IS the God of Death, he's just trapped in the underworld like a gender-swapped Persephone. Because the god of death (Morr) lives in the underworld.

This frees the Tomb Kings and Nagash's starts yelling at Arkhan like Megatron at Starscream "get me out of here you useless, rotten-brained, vampire-loving idiot!"

There was also the suggestion that Balthasar Gelt, banished from the Empire, goes southward, first to the Border Princes to whoop Mannfred's ass and steal all of his necromancy/arcane grimoires, and then onwards to Nehkhara to learn yet more about Dhar and the Arcane. Someone wanted Balthasar Gelt and Settra to 'team up' (or Settra enslaves him) and Gelt finally gives Settra the body of molten gold he always wanted.

>tfw your lackeys always fuck up

If it's Endhammer Settra, you can three motivations:

1. Expanding Empire

2. Punish the fuck-ups who went to Nagash's side, specifically vampire bitches like Mannfred.

3. Balthasar Gelt could tempt him with something like Ghal Maraz (not that Settra needs it, but Settra rules), or simply the fact that there is a nation with the arrogance to call itself "THE Empire" and ignore Settra... in hopes of later back-stabbing him, but using the Tomb Kings to propel himself to power.

>There was also the suggestion that Balthasar Gelt, banished from the Empire, goes southward, first to the Border Princes to whoop Mannfred's ass and steal all of his necromancy/arcane grimoires, and then onwards to Nehkhara to learn yet more about Dhar and the Arcane. Someone wanted Balthasar Gelt and Settra to 'team up' (or Settra enslaves him) and Gelt finally gives Settra the body of molten gold he always wanted.

I like this as a concept, but ultimately Balthazar Gelt is as stubborn as Settra, in his own way. Gelt will eventually decide that he's the best person suited for leading the Empire.

>mfw I made that nagash-hades pic.

Well, this would be the central conflict. Balthasar ultimately plotting to betray Settra in the end. I think it would make for a wonderful story, with Settra seeing Gelt as so far beneath him he doesn't even suspect treachery.

Or maybe that's just how Gelt thinks it is, but when he finally springs his trap, Settra's ready, because he always knew that northern dogs were good for nothing but biting the hand that feeds them.

The elixir may not work with Skaven. In Night's Dark Masters, it's noted that no known elf, dwarf, or halfling vampires exist (which seems a retcon of that one dwarf vampire), but it's also unknown if it's possible or not.

I imagine a grey seer would love the idea of getting the blood kiss. This could actually be a great WFRP plotline where the PCs think they're dealing with vampires and end up getting bait-and-switched with skaven.

>Skaven Vampires
There's a Skaven Clan that spent the most time fighting Nagash, they're obsessed with Death. Assuming you have an alternate universe to End Times where Nagash becomes a massively powerful god of Death its not hard to imagine some Skaven going full heretic and converting to worshiping him like Ghouls to Neferata.

>Dwarf Wizards
Eh...Dwarf bodies naturally repel magic. Chaos Dwarfs can only use magic by literally brute-forcing it into their bodies via runes and tattoos, but it turns them to stone slowly.

So Dwarf Wizards can't really happen. Not unless you had a special case, but that's a bit more than your garden variety female Orc or WFB Hobgoblin. Its kind of never been a thing, and most lore contradicts it being possible without going the Chaos Dwarf route. That being said, you could have non-Chaos Dwarfs adopt the practice. But it'd be very bizarre for them.

>SKELETON BLACK-OPS
So...assassins? An elite team that infiltrate?
If they're Tomb King-based, its pretty likely so long as you have the priest and king there. Or a priest/king, like a prince who serves his father in undeath and learned magic post-mortem so he can operate on his own.
Far less likely for VC ones, unless its Krell and/or a team of similarly rare and powerful Wights.

The vast majority of skeletons are kind of mindless and clumsy, only really animated by foul magics or by someone fairly VIP.

>one dwarf vampire

Mannlet's not a Dwarf per se...

>Halfling Chaos/Unded Resistance
Is the Halflings' natural resistance to Chaos a nod to Tolkien's Hobbits resisting the power of the Ring?

Endhammer was a mistake. Its nothing but Trash.

Endhammer wasn't a mistake.
The mistake was The End Times

you're right. The Endtimes was a mistake, it could have been so much more, and it didn't need to happen at all. Gw fucked up and its too late to go back now.

Endhammer isn't a mistake, its intentionally shit

Don't address the samefag. You just prolong his existence. Ignore him.

Endhammer Settra does two-pronged attack. One northward at the Border Princes. One with a fleet into.. Would he start in some place like Tilea or Bretonnia or just full army through Border Princes?

It could make for an interesting bit of introspection. Gelt working for someone so blatantly megalomaniac, only to slowly come to the same sort of conclusions.

It could even go down friendlier than that. Settra letting Gelt go when the wizard is ready to claim the throne, because he knows that the Empire will be weaker and easier for the picking if he throws Gelt back into the mix. Or maybe Settra just kills Gelt and somehow resses him as a Liche Priest and sends him off as a double agent

>it's noted that no known elf, dwarf, or halfling vampires exist

I wonder how much of that is because they're are none/few non-human vampires or because vampire hunters just aren't looking for non-human vampires?

>Elves are weird all the time anyway
>Dwarfs spend all their time underground in the dark
>Halflings...who would ever suspect their gluttonous ass when they order an extra serving of blood pudding.

> That being said, you could have non-Chaos Dwarfs adopt the practice. But it'd be very bizarre for them.

That'd be the concept. It's not something I imagine as a unit choice, but it could make for an interesting bit of flavour for an Empire army to have a Dwarf Loremaster of Metal.

>So...assassins? An elite team that infiltrate?
The working idea is a team sent on a falseflag operation. Guerilla tactics, terrorising farms and villages, making it look like the Vampire Counts were raising up again to force a confrontation between the Empire and the Carsteins.

>Mannlet's not a Dwarf per se...

There was an actual Dwarf Vampire in some of the Genevieve books.

>Is the Halflings' natural resistance to Chaos a nod to Tolkien's Hobbits resisting the power of the Ring?

Almost definitely. There are in-universe reasons, but there's no two ways around it.

>49428394
>49427262
Here's your >(You). Go play with the children.

>Endhammer Settra does two-pronged attack. One northward at the Border Princes. One with a fleet into.. Would he start in some place like Tilea or Bretonnia or just full army through Border Princes?

Settra is supposed to be a tactical genius, right?

>Tilea and Estalia are either riddled with Skaven or in the middle of a campaign to drive them out, troops everywhere.

>Bretonnia is recovering from losing a shitload of its Knights and going through some sort of reformation, but don't forget dem Wood Elves everywhere.

>The Empire is pretty banged up, but is a clear target to anyone who wants a tasty slice of that action.

I'd say he'd send his army in one block en masse going up the Border Princes - even if he doesn't get to the Empire he'll expand his territory significantly as he goes along.

He'd probably send a feint using some ships and send them up the coast to divide his opponents attention.

>The working idea is a team sent on a falseflag operation. Guerilla tactics, terrorising farms and villages, making it look like the Vampire Counts were raising up again to force a confrontation between the Empire and the Carsteins.
Might work. I think that the same basic tactic is used in Ulrika: Bloodborn, except it was a Von Carstein Necromancer and a Vargheist slave killing the Lahmians pretending to be human, and leaving them in vampire form pinned to buildings to cause panic. All because there was no Von Carstein activity in the area to be worried about, and because panic in the streets of Nulndon also caused disruptions of industry.

But again, for it to work with skeletons you need a VIP. They're more likely to find someone with magic talent far from their home and operations, teach them to be a weak Necromancer while pretending to be Von Carsteins, then just let him loose.

The Estalian and Tilean ships heading to Lustria are suddenly disappearing... SKELLINGTON FLEET.

Stop polluting Warhammer fantasy generals with your Skubhammer trash. Go make your own threads for this shit if it's so popular. The last thread proves whfg can live without shithammer, you aren't doing anyone favors. You don't see imperium asunder fags shilling their fanwank in 40k generals, so what makes you think it's ok to do that here? If smeghammer had its own containment thread I wouldn't say a goddamn thing about it, it's the fact that you keep shitting up these threads that pisses me off. I will keep fighting the disgusting abortion that is faghammer until you get it out if here, or until this thread autosages and we can start a new one without this garbage

>tfw you started talking about settra invading the old world in the last thread and wanted to continue that conversation here but it got hijacked by the 2 skubhammer circle-Jerkers

Way to fucking ruin everything

High quality? Pssh...

Good bait ain't supposed to be so obvious.

At least he pretended to try with the "lets have Lizardman schism, guys" it's just he knows so little about the fluff it didn't work. We humored him, trying to be nice, and he freaked out that we were nice. Lol

Tell me something about any of the other Tomb Kings you trash-level bitchmoaner.

>protip, "SETTRA RULES" doesn't count, nor does Khalida-Neferata. Nothing you would learn from general End Times talk.
>wait you're probably gonna google, this isn't gonna work, shit.

The 40k fankwank only has its own threads because 40k is allowed to have ten different threads at once.

There is ONE Fantasy thread, ONE Blood Bowl thread that is almost entirely about the vidya, and sometimes an WHRPG thread.

Don't get me wrong, I hate it too. But don't pretend you don't know the reason. Because nobody here discusses crunch anymore, so they fill it with fanfiction. That's just as much your fault as it is everyone else's.

>implying that's bait
No I want you to remove endhammer. My message is pretty clear. Take it to its own containment thread and never bring it back here. That is all. If I wanted to bait post you guys I would have brought up skubhammer in the last thread. Indint want to shitpost, I want to talk about warhammer, but I absolutely cannot stand your trash fanwank that you keep shilling here like everyone loves talking about it.

It's not my fault you guys were too dumb/eager for trash ideas to recognize that as a troll post exposing endhammers shit treatment of established lore

Not him, but what does knowing something about other TK have to do with Settra's invasion attempts?

Besides that, Khalida is the only other important Tomb King. The rest are minor nobility (like Apophas) or servants (like the Necrotect character who's name I can't remember and I won't give you the satisfaction of me googling it), plus some flavor characters that were never important in any way.

Fuck, even Amanhotep never actually did anything except participate in two important things. He had no effect on them though.

It's bait.

Better.

>Not him, but what does knowing something about other TK have to do with Settra's invasion attempts?

Probably because it raises important questions: If Settra is off invading the Old World, what's happening back at home?

Does Settra have a strong base of operations to return to, or is some other Tomb King going to try and pull a fast one while he's off on his Grand Crusade? Or is Nagash going to come and shit over everything again?

If you guys have an issue with a troll, just report him and move on. If you argue with a retard, they'll just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

The only other tomb kings of any importance were King Phar of Numas and King Pharak who appears several times but doesn't do much. Settra and Khalida are the only ones who actually are tomb kings, the rest of the named characters are just the best of their character type.

And what does this have anything to do with settras invasion of the old world? Am I not allowed to discuss any warhammer hypothetical situations unless I know 100% of the information off the top of my head, without being able to reference any of the rulebooks I have? It's also pretty rich that a shithammer fag would question my knowledge of the fluff, seeing how badly you raped it for your fanwank

>The Estalian and Tilean ships heading to Lustria are suddenly disappearing... SKELLINGTON FLEET.

There's a question - all these sunken fleets across the oceans of the Old World would make a veritable treasure trove of undead soldiers.

Are there any ocean going undead forces that raise sunken ships and give them a skeleton crew?

And what is stopping you from still discussing Settra invading the Old World?

>Endhammer Tomb Kings

Settra makes plans to spread Nehekhara north, while leaving Ramhotep the Visionary behind to 'rebuild' and hold down the fort against the Lizardmen who landed in the Southlands.

Amanhotep, the Bret-hating Tomb King for Dreadfleet, is unleashed to harass Bret, Estalian, and Tilean shipping lanes up and down the coast of the steadily recovering Old World. Meanwhile, Settra leads the army through the badlands, killing Orcs and Vampire-turned Border Princes on the way.

The newly-turned Vampire Prince of Brovska marches out with an army. Mannfred von Carstein HIMSELF turned him into a Vampire and taught him the ways of magic. Little does the Vampire Prince know his necromancy is a pittance compared to the weakest of Mortuary Cultists. But he's used to fighting Orcs and Humans. He thinks himself invincible.

Settra rides forth to parley with the Vampire. Not because he thinks these mongrels deserve parley, but because he has a Safari-like interest in the animal men of the north, undead or not. Normally, he'd let Nekaph take the creature's head, but Nekaph is fucking dead. So, instead, he lets Prince Apophas take the challenge.

The 'immortal' vampire prince is promptly consumed by scarabs and Settra's Mortuary Cult takes control of the undead army of the western Border Princes.

Meanwhile, Settra's western flank is abruptly blocked by the High Elves under Tyrion and Alarielle having set up shop in the western Border Princes and Barak Varr starting to come back online. He sends Sehenesmet and his Colossi to hold them off as he keeps marching northward.

Mannfred's either been bested by Gelt already and is licking his wounds, or he runs away in the face of Settra's host. Other Vampire Border Princes are mostly ignored, as they don't come out to fight Settra, but he does send lesser Kings to dominate their armies and add them to his host. That's when they come into Blackfire Pass.

"Phar of Numas" Fucking End Times retcon trash. Shows what kind of Warhammer Fantasy fan you are, samefag.

Phar was from Mahrak until bullshit End Times you cunt. It shows you're not really a fan. Just a fucking troll.

(And for those who were fans of Grimgor in Storm of Chaos, could be funny for Settra to be on the verge of conquering the Empire and Vlad when Grimgor's Waaagh! comes marching out of the East.)

Amanhotep of Zandri has a boat in Dreadfleet.

Both shithammer posters are active right now and throwing up walls of text about their shit ideas. There's only 5 other posters in this thread right now, which makes sense since most Europeans are sleeping right now. I'd rather wait till later when actual discussion can begin and other anons don't have to dig through the smegma.

Nagash is only a factor in End Times, otherwise its just Arkhan being a mercenary.

The other TK shouldn't factor into Settra's plans. He's left home or been defeated for extended period before, like those WoC that fucked with him, and all other TK are too scared to do shit.

Its like asking what the other Warbosses are doing when Grimgor or Skarsnik gets active. They don't really factor in.

That's not how text threads work, user, lines of text don't talk over people. Quit being a bitch and just talk about your fucking idea already!

God I miss real 7th-8th Edition Warhammer. To pull this thread back on a civil track...

What's everyone working on? I'm currently painting up a Lord of the Rings Mumak of Harad...

but once I finish the beast, I'm going to probably restart my Bretonnia army. I've been looking at Perry Miniatures for a start, despite the slight size difference, I'm looking to do a very "low fantasy" Game of thrones type of Army. Gritty, dark muted colors. etc.. Anyone use Perry Mini's?

Why not have Settra use them as lieutenants/servants?

Also, if Gelt successfully gives him a molten gold body (sensation sold separately) what becomes of Khatep?

how big is the mumakil? Is it the real size or sized down?

Endhammer guy here. I talk about most of the lore discussions where you say "lol shithammer isn't here" because I can talk about multiple things. Ebay still has good deals on Bretonnians. Saw a new Louen going for $30 the other day.

Then why are you posting here? You understand Endhammer fans aren't limited to one time zone?

Phar was the King of Numas in 8ed you shitmonger, there's a whole story about him buttfucking orcs and Skaven in it. TK 8ed was made before the boks started tying directly into ET. Holy shit do you get this triggered when people say Eltharion isn't blind anymore, or that Morathi isnt a slaanesh worshipper, or that half orcs don't exist In the setting?

Not saying Perry's isn't good. Their Koreans are my Cathay miniatures for WFRP adventures. But Bretonnians aren't totally out of the game. And there are people selling just the helmets for reasonable prices, which you can combine with the Perry knights if you greenstuff their shoulders and dimensions up a bit.

Eltharion/Morathi yes, because it's dumb. Half-Orcs, no, because that's been that way for ages, since Storm of Chaos.

Eltharion's still blind, and Endhammer fixes Morathi by making her a Slaaneshi again.

I don't know, I've seen some CRAZY jacked up prices for brets on Ebay recently...I've steered clear...besides I've owned an offical GW Bret army before. Wouldn't mind working on another company's models.

Also, What do you guys think I could use in the way of a trebuchet? Again considering I don't use the GW one? Any model companies come to mind that has something remotely Bret style?

>Half-Orcs, no, because that's been that way for ages, since Storm of Chaos.

Have Half-Orcs been referenced since 1ed WFRP?

I got nothing immediately coming to mind. Google's your friend. However, you're gonna need more Great Helms for a Bret army. Nasal helms, while cool, just aren't Breton.

Have you checked out Warlord Gaming for Longbowmen and Knights? They're my go-to for Kislevite miniatures for WFRP (and if I ever decided to make a full Kislev counts-as-Empire army). They're also where I got my Celestial Wizard (it's their Marcus Aurelius model).

I dunno man. I'm willing to admit I'm not an oldfag. I only got into the hobby around Storm of Chaos.

Use ballista instead?

or Onager

Here's a question for you then, what are your thoughts on Storm of Chaos v. End Times? Ignoring the whole 'world blowing up' bit, what did you think of the different take on essentially the same concept?

>MuhOnager.jpeg

Does Dreadfleet have Dwarf Submarines?

Let me get this straight. You hate new fluff, you hate the endtimes, and your solution to that was endhammer which uses ET for most of its ideas? Not even trying to fight or shitpost you right now, I'm genuinely curious dude

Well like I said, this go 'round with Brets, I want to do a more darker, Game of Thrones style look to them. The Nasal helms as you call them, fit the asthetic to that affect. But yea I may do some kit bashing...

This will be far off anyway, I have an entire Mumakil and crew to paint up.

Not him, but I thought I'd answer this.

SoC was way too empire centric. We know that everyone was participating, but there's almost no fluff on what the Lizardmen, Tomb Kings, Bretonnians or skaven were doing. It was almost all empire+dwarfs vs Chaos and orcs. Didn't like how orcs ended up allying with chaos, even if only for a bit. They didn't do enough with the names characters and none of the losses really hurt. Oh no, you killed Volkmar and some haos characters made up for this event? No one cares. At the end it feels like nothing really happened. Mannfred shows up wih his massive army then just fucks off, Grimgor sucker punches archaon then leaves, archaon manages to walk away without getting killed by one of his underlings, etc. the empire is left decimated but it's hard to tell if you didn't read the role playing books, and for the most part business carries on as usual. Valten is conveniently removed and the only thing that could be said to have changed was the potential sigmarite church schism. Overall, a whole lot occurred, but not enough happened.

endtimes started off alright, though I hated the whole "entire towns get raped by daemons without a fight" aspect to the opening. In contrast to SoC, too much happened too fast. entire nations get wiped out in months, cities that have withstood centuries of seige get BTFO in a day, and all the bad guys seem to have things that make you wonder why they didn't just use them in the first place. Way too much plot induced stupidity though, especially on the part of the humans, elves, dwaefs and undead. Really hated how OP they made chaos. It felt like even from the start there was no chance, and after Glottkin you pretty much were certain chaos was going to win.

Endhammer dude will bite on bait now.

I have always hated End Times and always preferred Storm of Chaos. It's what I started with. I always looked forward to Games Workshop eventually addressing the dangling story threads (two Grand Theogonists, Valten 'disappeared,' the Skaven plotting something new). However, as the years went on, people forgot about it. More and more, I'd go to a GW and people would say "Storm of what? Magic?"

Or "lol, yeah when Grimgor headbutted Archaon? That was such a stupid campaign GW ran. Why'd you bring it up?"

So, End Times comes along, completely drops the ball, fucks up royally, ruins most of the lore, but at least people fucking knew what it was. So, I started doing what I could to salvage it. The point was never to 'replace' End Times as in "it never happened" but to do what I could with the skeleton of End Times both to flesh out more of the factions that got ignored and find a way to have the world survive that still used the basic template of the End Times.

It wasn't because I thought the End Times was good or because I thought it was a great writer. I just saw some missed opportunities and none of my current gaming friends even appreciated Storm of Chaos.

It started with my write up for salvaging Tilea in the End Times, which is still on the 1d4chan page.

Then I realized I didn't have enough knowledge to fix most of it, and at the end of the day, I thought it was a fun thought experiment. So, first I went to other Warhammer forums (Warseer and shit like that) because I didn't feel super comfortable on Veeky Forums. I was afraid of getting roasted and didn't want to disturb the mourning and Age of Sigmar hate.

Ultimately, those forums were a bust, so I came here, found that a lot of people really liked the idea and wanted to help. They suggested I make the 1d4chan page, and that was that. Endhammer was 'a thing.'

Nasal helm. Spangenhelm. Whatever you wanna call it. "Conical Norman Helm."

Most people I know call it a nasal helm.

Personally, I wanna see more barbutes...

Should End Times have taken a leaf out of the Storm Of Chaos book and made it a player driven campaign, but split the event up into multiple campaigns with cross-over effects?

So you'd have Empire vs. Chaos as one massive campaign, Skaven vs. Lizardmen as another, Orcs vs. Dwarfs, Tomb Kings vs. Anything that doesn't run away fast enough?

Or maybe even just break End Times down into a series of campaigns that focussed on specific elements of the End Times and were influenced by the results of the previous campaigns? Play it out over a series of months/years and let players take control in the destruction/salvation of the Old World?

I think my big beef with SoC was that they claimed it was player driven, and then promptly ignored player results. Like, I'd have been fine if they just had the campaign and said 'This is what happens' but lying about how gamers could influence the setting was a dick move.

That would require spending actual money on impartial tournament proctors and dealing with balance issues first.

Poor Amanhotep. Got stolen by Brets and buried in Bretonnia, only to have to fight his way back to Nehekhara over land. Gets home, finds out some fucking mortal douchebag stole all his gold so he has to go get it back. Doesn't get it back, fucking shipwrecks, makes it back to Nehekhara by swimming just in time for End Times. Gets wrekt by Nagash, then has to march back to the Empire with all the other grumbling Tomb Kings. Then the fucking world ends.

He's basically Waspinator.

>Why not have Settra use them as lieutenants/servants?
Because they're inferior.

No, seriously. Settra united Nehekhara back in his own day, but didn't use any of them back then either. He leads his army, all he needs is more troops. Not people to sit at his table.

>Also, if Gelt successfully gives him a molten gold body (sensation sold separately) what becomes of Khatep?
Nothing good, that's for sure. But it depends how Settra feels, really. He could be the only Tomb King character Settra forbids from ever having a gold body (none will have as splendid one as Settra of course), or he could end up dismantled and spread across Nehekhara. Or buried beneath a new pyramid city. Or have his skull fired at Nagash's pyramid.

>That would require spending actual money on impartial tournament proctors and dealing with balance issues first.

Eh. Have it apply to in-store games only. Could be used to drive attendance (and thus increase chance of sales) up.

As for the balance issues...meh. Balance issues are always going to be a problem in a points based wargame that uses player placed terrain.

If anything, the unbalanced armies could have been a better way for GW to push results the way they wanted to rather than just 'lawl nah, Archaon keeps going'.

Storm of Chaos saw a gradual decrease in the number of players attending it and submitting results as it became clearer and clearer that GW didn't give a fuck.

Yeah, but I wanna be able to see all of the Tomb Kings in action. Want to give Tomb Kings a way to play with their toys. And you gotta provide regional 'villains' while Settra is conquering into the Empire.

Otherwise, the High Elves and Dwarfs just face "tomb goons" led by nobody in particular.

However, more and more this "Tomb Kings Settra Attack on Empire" is feeling like a campaign/army book and less like the basis for Endhammer. Have endhammer start with Settra being contacted by Gelt, and then Tomb Kings Invasion can be a campaign. Hell, we can even do "Set Battles" with points assigned, terrain, and armies like the old books used to. And how Empire at War described individual battles.

>then has to march back to the Empire with all the other grumbling Tomb Kings

Meanwhile the Skaven are using an underground warp-steam train system to see the world.

>campaign/army book and less like the basis for Endhammer.

A big chunk of ideas for Endhammer would work well as just campaigns/army books that could be used for any Warhammer game.

Settras invasion of the old world started off separate from Endhammer, so let's talk about how that would work. How do we make a campaign with Settra the primary antagonist instead of Archaon or Nagash? Since at least 6ed it's been said that the armies of Nehekara are amassing behind him to enact his great conquest of the world. There's no way he just pulled this idea out of his ass, he's probably been planning this shit for years. Centuries even. We know that Settra is a tactical genius and was capable of challenging pre-war of the beard level dwarfs and lizardmen using living troops. We also know that he has never lost a war, and that he now commands an army far larger than he ever has before. With all this in mind, who gets attacked first? How does he go about attacking the old world? Who does he deem the biggest threat to his armies? And how long does the campaign take?

If we're gonna fanwank I'd rather it be in Endhammer.

Or go back to the "Magnus the Pious campaign" ideas that got floated months ago.

>endhammer is the only possible alternate scenario and all speculative discussion must take place in endhammer
Please kill yourself, at least the actual endhammer guys suggested to talk about this and just ignore endhammer if we didn't like it

Endhammer guy here.

Border Princes would be attacked first just because they're closest. Or Orcs in Badlands, I guess, but they hardly fucking count.

Dwarfs? they'd just shut themselves in their holes and Settra would be like, "You're doing it wrong. You're supposed to entomb yourself after you're dead."

And then he'd shake his head at the retarded muppets and keep going.

Look at it from a tactical perspective. There's one place that Settra can take his force and basically dominate the world:

The sea.

Or the air, if he figures out skellicopters, but lets work with the sea for now.

If Settra manages to dominate the oceans, he can effectively siege the world and slowly strangle it. Without valuable sea trade, a lot of cities and nations would slowly starve and crumble. The Dark Elves might be able to get around that with their Underocean, but it's a damn great start.

The next big issue is the Dark Beneath the World. Settra might have a huge army, but the Skaven Under Empire might actually span the length and width of the entire planet, and they've got mad trains down there.

The best bet might be for Settra to send his fleet to dominate the oceans whilst the main force of his foot sloggers and chariots goes under ground, rooting out the rats from their nests first. Most major cities have Skaven warrens directly beneath them. If Settra were to take those first, he could effectively place his troops straight underneath every major city and try and take over the world in a day.

First, i see Settra splitting his armies into at least 3 major contingents. One vast fleet to sail up past bretonnia and wreck their port cities to prevent their navies from intervening, one smaller fleet to land in Tilea, and a massive overland army to march through the badlands.

Orcs either unite in the face of a full blown tomb king invasion and get beaten in some climactic battle, or Scatter before the oncoming sea of bone and stir up trouble in the border princes. The border princes would be weakened by orcs by the time the first tomb king armies show up, and would be overwhelmed in short order. To be fair, that would be the case even if they were at full strength.

While this is happening, the Tomb kings in Tilea slowly grind down the city states and either force them to swear fealty or wipe them out utterly. These armies meet up with the armies from the badlands and March through blackfire pass, attacking the empire from the south. The fleets wrecking bretonnia split off and blockade Marienburg, and maybe even cause enough damage to that city to push through and use the river system. If this happens, they can sail all the way to Altdorf if need be.

Settra solves rat problem with the Great Flattening.

He marches all of Nehrkhara into a spot and orders them all to jump up and down in unison until the earth flattens down and fills all the tunnels

Silliness aside, Settra, like every other faction in the setting other than dwarfs, likely treats Skaven with such contempt that he doesn't even bother trying to oust them. Who knows, maybe the skaven will be the ones to assassinate Settra and force him to end the campaign. They wouldn't be able to destroy him completely, but they could force him to go back to nehekara to regenerate, effectively saving the old world. Then, settra would definitely turn his attention on the skaven next and would probably invade skavenblight itself. and if its anything like what he did to the chaos warriors, it doesn't end well for skaven

>Silliness aside, Settra, like every other faction in the setting other than dwarfs, likely treats Skaven with such contempt that he doesn't even bother trying to oust them. Who knows, maybe the skaven will be the ones to assassinate Settra and force him to end the campaign.

>Doesn't bother to oust them
>A faction with military bases beneath every target he might want to take
>Tactical genius

That's ok but why don't you make a proper endhammer thread like Asunder?

It would have more visibility and far less trolling.

>It would have more visibility and far less trolling.
>Thinking anti-Endhammer fags wouldn't go to troll anyway.

But seriously, when Endhammer has a more grounded base and ideas they'll probably go that route.

Who'd be more likely to land on one of the moons and make a moonbase - Skaven or Chaos Dwarfs?

Chaos Dwarfs

In a

>"I must go, my people need me"
>"Chaos dwarfs died in the way to their new planet"

way.

>Chaos Dwarfs
>Not Firmir or Zoat already there, waiting to say hello. Hanging out with Malal and Solkan.

"NotSlav" aka "samefag" aka "vladfag" here. I wouldn't follow endhammer into its own thread, I only want it gone from warhammer fantasy general. I wouldn't shitpost there any more than I'd shitpost in any of the threads about material I don't like. I will refrain from shitting on endhammer for now As long as there is an effort to give it its own thread

I'm currently burnt out, so I can't bring myself to work on anything.
Where I stopped is mid-conversion of a test Wildwood Rangers unit.

>"Ahahaha! We have landed on Morrslieb! Infinite supply of Warpstone to fuel our magic, forge chaous armour and engage in all-round chaos dickery! And we get to see the world BURN while sitting safely on the moon! Perfect plan!"
>...elsewhere...
>"Fire-shoot the Morkittar Engine, yes-yes!"

I genuinely laughed out loud.

Am I the only one that wants to tell the guy in that picture to pull his pants up before continuing on with whatever he's doing?

the problem with bretonnians is that they wear mixed armor from different time periods, that you'll not find on historical minis.

You can get a handful of 13th century helmets with crests from Mirmilton. Slightly different styles than the GW stuff though.
Other than that you'll mostly find germanic knights in terms of 13th century miniatures with helmet crests.

You do get that if you act like a cunt and drive away people interested in Endhammer into their own thread, they'll just talk about /wfg/ stuff there instead right? Same thing happens in /AoS/ and /wfrpg/. You're just quarantining yourself away from others.

Not that it's a bad thing, mind you.

Ignore the troll.

>Talk about all Warhammer Fantasy.

What would be the result of Settra conquering Old World?
Mass slaughter of humans to make more skeletons or just higher ups of administration will be changed and for most of people it would be business as usual, maybe with less corruption?

Change of administration. I don't think Tomb King resurrect the dead like Vampire Counts do.

Then I accept our new skeletal overlords.

Settra 2016 lets make Old World great again.

No to mention that united old world with aid of necromancy will just BTFO anything that chaos may try to throw at old world.