Thoughts on this?

>na.leagueoflegends.com/en/featured/mechs-vs-minions

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hr2vgmO1_og
youtube.com/watch?v=wpTLGIe8iEY
youtube.com/watch?v=NMecbon7D_w
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

What game is this?

Oh wait, this is actually a board game now? Might be cool.

Overview: youtube.com/watch?v=hr2vgmO1_og
Tutorial: youtube.com/watch?v=hr2vgmO1_og

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA

LEAGUE OF LEGENDS IS NOW O F F I C I A L L Y Veeky Forums TOPIC MATERIAL AND THERE'S NOTHING YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT

GROGNARDS BTFO

CONTRARIANS BTFO

DOTABABS BTFO

Not seeing the price tag.
Not seeing the scale.
Game doesn't look interesting.
But "100 minions" might be worth it, for a horde of goblins or some such.
Another question is if I will be able to re-sell heroes as collectibles to people playing the vidya.

Mechs vs Minions

Created by Riot Games, the guys who made League of Legends, which this game is set in.

>LEAGUE OF LEGENDS IS NOW O F F I C I A L L Y Veeky Forums TOPIC MATERIAL
Between Star Wars, Elder Scrolls and Warcraft it doesn't make that much difference.

Actual tutorial video: youtube.com/watch?v=wpTLGIe8iEY

Its not like you could have made a cooler game with these 2..

Only cool thing about league lore prove me wrong

$75 american.

But yea it looks like garbage. Dunno why they wouldn't just use the game characters instead of having them riding on gay robots since the instant recognition would create buys.
Which answers this question;
>Another question is if I will be able to re-sell heroes as collectibles to people playing the vidya.
No.

Imagine how shitty your life must be to be this much of a salty pineapple.

The predator clone and Xenomorph?

How would we do it

one of the 40k authors started to revise league lore

Maybe that explains why it went down the shitter

Wasnt it always shit?

I mean, it wasn't on the level of "there is literally no context for this game as we have removed any lore referring to the actual game"

WHO

Graham McNeil if I recall

It has lore?

Looks fun. Co-op games are usually a good time. Also HOLY SHIT THAT'S A LOT OF STUFF.

Aren't they shooting themselves in the foot a bit by not just having minis of a bunch of the heroes?

>Made by Riot Games
>and Stone Librande
Ah shit, now I'm excited.

I love Goblin Kaboomist, and I got to sit in a seminar he did at GDC. Super awesome game designer.

>Four Yordles riding mechs
>Didn't include Rumble

How do you even fuck that up?

I dunno about that. A lot of people dig LoL's lore. I read some it. It's neat.

Rumble is the one who's in charge of the operation.
Then again, the whole thing is stupid. Ziggs makes bombs, Tristana makes nothing, and Heimerdinger could easily make something far more impressive.

The main lore is pretty shit but some of the side stories are pretty neat

I thought the lore was just "Wizards get pissed at each other so they resolve their differences by forcing schmucks they teleported into a death arena to fight"

>Rumble is the one who's in charge of the operation.
Ah, I missed that. Still, you'd expect him to be one of the 4 Yordles you could choose from. Corki makes some sense since he's a pilot and Heimer is mechanically inclined, but I agree that Ziggs and Tristana don't make any sense lore-wise (probably just in there because of popularity). Might as well throw in Nunu and Willump, since they make more sense then an explosion fetishist and chick who carries around a cannon bigger than her.

If anyone is curious at what it actually looks like the dice tower did basically a whole run through since vasel consulted the game and always gets shit early anyways

youtube.com/watch?v=NMecbon7D_w

The production value looks fucking godly, game itself looks mediocre. Love the way that box is cramped to almost bursting.

Its funny how 75 bucks for all that shit in the box is considered cheap by a lot of tgers yet all the lolfags on the official forums are whining about how overpriced it is

I think it's because Ziggs and Trist are yordles and both characters utilize something mechanical.

>Wizards get pissed at each other so they resolve their differences by forcing schmucks they teleported into a death arena to fight
Seems like a pretty realistic take on wizards.

>riding on gay robots
I believe they came up with the stacking mechanics, then evolved it into rumble riding his robot, expanded it to the other heroes.

Or they had this idea, than asked riot to use some charaters.

Maybe they wanted to develope this game but riot was afraid to make actuall champions because its cheaper statues than the ones they already sell.
More fans might buy the smaller token figures than the bigger statues.

>Thoughts on this?
Who cares?

Sure, it will find its audience like any other product, but I doubt it will be received that good.

Back to playing my eurogames, I guess.

It seems pretty basic, all told, but that likely isn't a bad thing given their audience. Probably overpriced but it should be a decent entry level boardgame designed to appeal to the vidya audience. And heck, maybe some of them will discover a love for the hobby through it as a gateway. More people to play with isn't a bad thing.

The programming element kinda reminds me of Robo Rally.