In one week we have the banned list update

In one week we have the banned list update.

What's coming off? What's going on?

No changes is what I suspect.

If they do updates it will be ban Become Immense unban SFM.

Maybe unban the most useless 4cmc cascade creature?

I'd like to see stoneforge mystic come off, I think it's in a similar power level for modern. I'm a bit of a noob though so feel free to tell me I'm wrong.

It's one of two 4CMC cascade creatures and the other is Kathari Remnant so . . .

This is bait, right?

First for free mental misstep

Why was blood raid elf banned in the first place? Aggro decks suck against literally any other deck archetype.

It was banned because of Jund.

And?

>>>>Aggro

I don't think BBE should have been banned in the first place, but it fit really well into Jund. At the top of the curve, it could hit Goyf, Lili, Bolt, or whatever else you wanted for f r e e
It was basically an engine that was a serious threat on the turn it came down if left unblocked.

Why would they ban become immense?
Sees marginal play at best.

It's a four-of in the only two decks in the format that break the turn 4 rule, and is the largest enabler of that.

And Wizards is scared of every card that ever defined a Standard cycle.
Which includes Bloodbraid Elf.

Deathrite shaman is unbanned to fight Dredge

and have you ever played against it?

its obvious you haven't.

Bloodbraid Elf is a bit of a nonbo with dark Confident though, I would think that you would have to choose between

As I recall, it was banned to weaken jund. It didn't work, because the real threat pushing jund over the edge was deathrite. With deathrite now banned, I could see arguments made to unban bloodbraid. I don't see them doing it, but I think it would be reasonable.

you must not have played against much SFM, the card is insanely good, i would say better than goyf in alot of fair matchups

only if youre a pussy.
real men run dark confidant alongside nahiri combo in mardu. I've seen it and their madness is intoxicating

>aggro sucks
?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
are you talking about modern? the format where assorted aggro decks form 54% of the meta despite many dedicated cuckolding sideboard options?
are you the kind of person who defines archetypes on their own and rejects any contrary definition?

blood braid and stoneforge

>Sees marginal play at best.

Infect and Suicide Zoo make up over 10% of Modern's metagame. 1 in 10 decks has Become Immense in it.

There are more bolts than become inmense
and i don't see you bitching about it

That's a ridiculous comparison. Lightning Bolt doesn't facilitate turn 2 or 3 kills.

There are more reasons that prevalence to ban something, I was just bringing up prevalence because claimed it only saw "marginal play".

>mardu
>bob + nahiri

A B S O L U T E
M A D M E N

WITNESS ME BROTHERS

>He doesn't even play tombstalker with bob
It's greatness at ANY cost my friend

Jesus every upkeep would be the most tense thing ever as you pray you don't flip Em and take 15 to the face.

>Standard
Nothing
>Legacy
Nothing
>Pauper
Nothing
>Vintage
Nothing
>EDH
Nothing, but sheldon will yell about some bullshit
>Memedern
Ban pepe the frog.

>Play vs BUG (thresh I think? way back, before zendikar 3)
>Tombstalker draw
>Into fow draw
>mfw the whole time as he reveals a second fow

>EDH
>Nothing, but sheldon will yell about some bullshit
It's gonna be a long-ass post about how Leovold isn't broken and totally healthy for the format because he just spent a bunch of money on a foil Leovold.

Peregrin Drake will get banned in Pauper.

That's it. If you're expecting Modern to be shaken up you're going to be disappointed. Wizards has no interest in the format anymore; they're waiting to announce their new non-rotating format starting at the beginning of the Jacestice League era.

I hope Bant Eldrazi creeps up to tier 0 so they ban Eldrazi Temple

Actually let's just ban all the BFZ memedrazi, pointlessly pushed above curve creatures that had no reason to exist in the first place

>that one fucking retard who says unban sfm in every thread is at it again
they still sell rope user, go trade your playset of sfm for some

Punishing Fire will be unbanned,, just wait and See.

Proof?

would literally do nothing

Punishing fire will never come back, not while pic related is still around.

Play VS Jund in legacy and then tell me that again, the card is incredibly awful to face, it eats up small creatures without any cost to the right deck.

Has anyone in this thread played Jund? it doesn't fucking need blood braid and punishing fire unbanned, it's already probably the best fair deck in the format

Here, I'll be sheldon
>Look, it's good, because, erm, look you draw too many cards that's why it's OK for them not to draw cards just remove it!
>Foil and alternate art leovold falls form his pocket

>Gush restricted
>LSG unrestricted

SJWs banned
Human Beings Unbanned

The mass of Jews and SJWs within WOTC say otherwise user.

Goyf banned
Bolt banned
Jace the wallet sculptor banned.
Bob banned.
Cavern of souls banned.

>not banning the jews first

I shiggy.

jace... is already banned and just no to those others...

There's no probably, it IS the most powerful fair deck, and probably the strongest period. It's pure value, which can usually outdo cheating shit in or OP cards given a good draw.

>paying 3 mana to do 1 damage
What a fucking joke.

No, really. In what world is it a good option to spend 3 whole mana to do 1 point of damage?

That format sounds even worse than Modern....

But there already is a format like that, it's called Hearthstone

T. Salty midrange player

I really can't see a format like that succeeding. Current Magic players over the age of 12 don't want to play a format that's basically just Super Standard, that's the whole reason 4-Year Extended failed. Modern, on the other hand, is a very popular format, as was 7-year Extended. The format will not be popular, and it will die quicker than 4YE did. People who want to play a Jacetice League-Type format would rather just play either Hearthstone or 2005-Era Yugioh, both of which are much cheaper than Jacetice League format would be.

I agree. Either thar or they'll have to do what the DBZ TCG did and power creep the fuck out of all future sets. Which would be toxic for MTG as a whole.

In legacy.
Are you retarded?

Runeclaw Bear is getting banned.

Make America control Great Again

THIS. That thing is OP.

Don't forget an equally long ass post about how pic related won't kill the format.

It won't though. It's a new tool for lifegain and maybe spellslinger/storm decks, but it won't kill it by any means.

It won't. This is a card that rustles Timmies jimmies. Its an artifact so removing it is EZPZ

It's because as long as they have that combo, your 2 or less power creatures will NEVER stick around.

Unless they play any number of good graveyard hate options.

I've seen it happen. I wish the person who did it hadn't been the most exhausting human being on the planet, otherwise I'd have laughed for ten minutes.

every god damned time.
it is incredibly obvious 99% or you idiots have NEVER played with or against Jund in ANY format. or if you have it was against some mongo tapping his shit with his forehead, drooling all over the battlefield.

Nah, man. Jund is fair and bloodbraid just makes it more fair

They should unban Deathrite Shaman too. Just imagine how fair Jund will be with a card like that. No tricks, no gimmicks, no combos, just good honest Magic.

Wholesome, clean fun is what that sounds like

the sheer idea of it makes me want to never play modern again

Sol Ring banned in Commander.
Everything else stays the same.

>Bloodbraid Elf is a bit of a nonbo with dark Confident though
It's like you haven't read the flavor text of Dark Confidant before.

>play this
>play any two copy spells targeting each other

t4 aetherflux
t5 howl of the horde + reverberate

I don't get it. What would this do?

that doesn't work like you think it does. copies of spells on the stack are not considered to have been "cast"; they don't trigger reservoir or count as "spells you've cast this turn"

Well I guess you just have to do one of those weak ass creature loops then

>banning Sol Ring after WotC just revealed their jewery knows no bounds with Masterworks in Kaladesh

Sheldon knows better

Small creatures are literally worthless in modern. What deck is it going to improve? Jund? Against what, affinity? Infect? Two match ups that are already reasonably good?

Jund is a fucking trash deck in a format full of Bant eldrazi and suicide zoo decks. Modern isn't about playing fair magic, it's about locking your opponent out of the game or killing them before they can get traction to do anythinf. Midrange is dead

Have you played modern? Bloodbraid Jund would barely rate as a deck, jund is not good and a 4 drop is not going to make it better

BBE will be unbanned "to give aggro decks an edge against the oppressive control and combo decks that ravage the format"

Ancenstral Visions will be banned mostly as a result of the BBE unban (because we can't have people cascading into a FREE ancestral recall!).

Drake won't be banned this time but will be banned in january with aether revolt, under the guise of "giving the format time to fix itself."

>Ancient Stirrings is banned

A 3/2 haste into Liliana, Goyf, or Grim Flayer is hellish boardstate to fight against, user.

>Cloudstone Curio
>Cast Kobolds of Kher Keep or Burning Tree Emissary over and over again

This idea is so dumb it's wrapped back around to genius.

I could see it happening. That card is pretty busted in certain shells.

>Small creatures are literally worthless in modern.

So Memnites, Ornithopters, Signal Pest, various Merfolk, Elves, Hatebears-esque creatures, Swiftspear, Goblin Guide, Glistener Elf are all worthless eh?

Affinity has such a critical mass of small creatures that punishing fire won't slow it down. Merfolk should never be small enough to be killed by punishing fire. Hate bears is not a deck. Doesn't kill swiftspear. Infect is a combo deck, not a small creature deck, a deck that any lightning bolt deck is already favored against.

show me where the leonin arbiter touched you

That's got to be the stupidest suggestion I've ever seen and I have no doubt they'd do it.

Look at the top 5 cards of your library and put one in your hand is okay because it's green

Or you know, just make your entire deck nothing but lifegain and tutors and make this your commander.

Shit's going to get banned in EDH so fast it's not even going to be funny.

>Affinity has such a critical mass of small creatures that punishing fire won't slow it down.
>Merfolk should never be small enough to be killed by punishing fire.
It's the fact that no matter the amount you can always do 2 to 4 damage to a creature for free by repeated casting. You can easily punishing fire twice in the same turn to kill a 3/3 and you're literally using the same card over and over again to kill multiple cards.
>Doesn't kill Swiftspear
Swiftspear has 2 toughness so yes it does barring a spell to trigger prowess.
>Infect is a combo deck, not a small creature deck, a deck that any lightning bolt deck is already favored against.
Irrelevant to even bring up since the point was when you mentioned and I quote "small creatures being worthless" and Infect runs small creatures and quite a few in fact. Given the fact that you can basically keep casting the same lightning bolt over and over again it makes the matchup even better against them.
>Hate bears is not a deck.
It sees play and shows up, given that Scapeshift decks are gaining prominence Hatebears tends to actually do decent against that matchup.(Teeg, Mindcensor, Arbiter etc.)

>and make this your commander
>not just Oloro for turn 4 death star firing

Making her your commander means that it's one less card you have to tutor in order to be able to nuke literally everyone as much as you fucking want.

>It's the fact that no matter the amount you can always do 2 to 4 damage to a creature for free by repeated casting.
On turn 6 at the absolute earliest, if you're not beyond stabilization at that point you would probably win anyway
>Swiftspear has 2 toughness
In almost any relevant situation this is not the case
>Infect
>I'm going to be pedantic and that makes me "right"

>On turn 6 at the absolute earliest, if you're not beyond stabilization at that point you would probably win anyway
This is alongside any deck backing itself up with Pyroclasm's and Anger and decks like RG tron could end up just pinging you down and sweeping your shit for days.
>In almost any relevant situation this is not the case
No it is relevant because it does kill Swiftspear in most situations. And even if it doesn't kill it now and then, it will kill it later because that same Punishing Fire comes back while you will eventually run out of spells to keep your Swiftspear up.
>Pedantic
How is it pedantic when i'm quoting your exact words and the fact that Infect still runs plenty of creatures vulnerable to PFire? You could just save yourself the embarassment and admit you were wrong in your analysis because you clearly never played Modern when PFire was around. That being said if you want to unban PFire then ban Grove and i'm all for it. I think if that happened then card is fine.

in a time where deathrite was a thing

Not using best esper general

Any deck running black can do it with 2 cards. Black is also the colour of tutors in general and enchantments are a lot harder to remove than 2 power creatures.

>Using cards with bad flavor text
>ever

I can understand none, but come on mate

>Doesn't kill swiftspear.
Except it does

>Pauper banlist
Peregrine Drake

Fucker has taken over the format. You either play Drake combo, mono-G stompy, or Izzet Blitz right now, or you just don't win.