Horus Heresy General /hhg/

Do Not Toot It! Edition
Toooooooooooooot! Sub-Edition
There's a BL link? In the last thread there was IW/WE talk, the Scorpion drew a new weapon, Genestealers > your manlet axes and nails, I miss based Talon Master, one user wanted to know why the BA shed tears, and we got mugs and shirts. See it all in the last thread. Red Books Links: sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww2.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2Fs15Jqk1t%2Ffile.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23!Jx1UGCTI!vMJN89z7p8tiEC7YOAj477g6RxDtJ7culVLF3q3godg
HH Book 6 - Retribution PDF:
mediafire.com/download/8aqx9j3a8erqv8d/The_Horus_Heresy_Book_6_-_Retribution.pdf or
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fkat.cr%2Fthe-horus-heresy-book-6-retribution-pdf-t12199249.html
HHG FAQ - pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8
Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016) - forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf
Other official downloads: forgeworld.co.uk/Downloads#horusheresy
HH Rules:
Crusade Army List: mediafire.com/download/1lprm5vd99yafa3/
Mechanicum Taghmata Army List: mega.nz/#!LFwTjQ7B!mF0eVOY8P1MPT0a-QSXypXo_ZfskhYynD41PrkaTbD8
30k/40k Rules: mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ!EVh0GZZS
30k/40k Rules and more (torrents): mega.nz/#F!0RlxDZQC!qAu9BaubWa3KeihJRmOcsg
Crusade Imperialis epub:
mediafire.com/download/meqp1hn5sa3d6gt/The_Horus_Heresy_–_Crusade_Imperialis_-_Army_Lists.epub
Strawpoll links: strawpoll.me/10558764
www.strawpoll.me/10663447

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=y897tozJeg8
youtube.com/watch?v=S06nIz4scvI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

CUSTODES ASSEMBLE!

I give up. What does Fulgrim do?

Listening to and believing a talking sword.

JUST

They were trying to grab your prize. They work for the Fabricator Locum, the mechanicus man.

KANE?

With the mk3 maroons coming I will be adding a chunk of them to my DG. I think I will go up to 60 boltor dudes and 10 each of the specials. Also 10 ML dudes. Here is what I have so far and below that is a list of stuff I think I should get. Let me know what yall think.

mortarion
10 grave warden
10 deathshroud
10x lascannon marines
Leviathan Dreadnought (phosphex discharger, heavy flamers 1 drill 1 claw)
9x Space Marine Rapier Quad Mortar
Space Marine Apothecary Set
10x Cataphracti Terminators Came with calych sets, lan to make them spam plasma
2x Calth box Praetor
2x calth box chaplain as artificer praetors
calth box contemptor 2 kheres
calth box contemptor 2 fist in built graviton gun
10x autocannon marines
10x heavy flamer marines
38x marines with boltor, pistol, cc weapon
4x sergeant
6 flamer
6 melta
6 plasma

Planned stuff.
marines to make 60 total boltors, 10 ea flamer/melta/plasma. 10 missile launchers.
3 rhinos
2 LR phobos
1LR proteus
1 LR achilles (or alpha?)
1 spartan
1 more contemtor to make 3 total
1 fellblade
1 typhon
1 xiphon or lightning?

Get them on board, I'll call them in.

UNIFICATION WARS EXPANSION WHEN

He ravages your anus. The tooting invites it.

The transit clearance I just filed with the Praetorian of Terra lists me, my astartes, Archmagos Pavulheer, but only one of you!

First one to talk gets to stay on my stormbird!

No, Banegryn!

youtube.com/watch?v=y897tozJeg8

Which armor pattern is your waifu, /hhg/?

For me, it's MKII with Phobos bolters.

MkIII and IV, though I love mixing armor marks the most.

Even when chewed up, MkIII a best

>mixing armor marks
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

MAGOS, I HAVE FOUND A HERETEK! SEND IN THE THALLAX!

I have a soft spot for Mark IV

Inferno when

October.

I wonder why someone would shoot a marine, before throwing him out of a Stormbird.

Why couldn't our upgrade set be something like that?

I remember someone posting a picture of a chewed up recasted-yet-well-painted Iron Circle. It looked damn nice. I wish I had saved it.
Also, the heads are nice.

I'm not particularly fond of the MkII heads that look like MkIV. Those ones should have been tossed out.

Gotta have that Solus Stellax chest piece!

The what?

Can Solar Auxilia do anything vs the Mechanicum? The way my buddy talks I feel like I'm just going to get wiped.

>The way my buddy talks I feel like I'm just going to get wiped.
What does he say?

No Sicarans?

About their massive blasts, how they ignore or reduce cover, all their wounds and being so tough lascguns are useless.

his legion has a very chess feel to it. I guess Fulgrim is supposed to be one of those tacticians who thinks 50 moves ahead and bangs men

Sounds like a lot of Thallax and Ordo Reductor.

If you play Infantry heavy, you're gonna have a bad time.

Cybernetica with myrmidons and the ramming trains

>Cybernetica with myrmidons and the ramming trains
You dun goofed. Those are some of the best Mechanicum units. Counter attack with...Demolisher Dracosans?
Niiiiiice

So my buddy is a power gamer? Great.

Massed lascannon rapiers and plasma support sections or if you're feeling extra spicy 3 Malcador Infernum with chem ammo.

Your buddy is pulling a trick similar to what some WE lists do:
>"Fuck scoring & Fuck your units".
Only that instead of a bazillion melee attacks he is bringing dakka too powerful to ignore and too tough to kill, and you can't hide too efficiently from it.
I'll try to think of something.
What units will you use?
The Infernus could remove a wound one and become slag the next, depending on stuff.
Even Adsecularii can have a 50℅ chance of surviving the Chem cannon.

Reminder

Wait, epub!?

Dang. Can't into epub on my apple devices.

>Good at math
Y-yeah, right.

I was thinking a bunch of Culverin squads of Auxila with tank support. Probably that neat trick with a Houseguard squad with axes, shroud nades, and an eternal warrior paragon blade marshall.

Nice banter Iron Warrior, here's a joke for you

Who's still holding Terra and who is still playing with mud? Wait no, thats not the joke! Iron Warriors, thats the joke!.

>muh faith in the emperor
>muh crusade chapter
>muh retconned to 1000 dudes

black crusade's a comin with like 100x your guys in JUST Iron Warriors

Ah, but which of us is a hypocrite, hmm? You who worship The Emperor, whom the Heresy was about? Or we, who continue to wade in the mud and grime, and shall continue to do so?

Iron Warrors Player: Must break one out of every ten models before they can play a game.

Well at least the IW primarch can still mastrubate !

I can totally see Pert go >So, how're the hands doing Dorn ?

Nobody wins, everybody loses
K A L K A T O R

Like on the tabletop? Pick a useful warlord trait and murder almost anything short of Horus, Perturabo, and Scoria for a low price. Probably the best primarch point for point especially since with Fulgrim your army can outflank 6 units, three of those on a pre-selected turn and the other three get rerolls and shit for coming in from reserves.

>Probably that neat trick with a Houseguard squad with axes, shroud nades, and an eternal warrior paragon blade marshall.
That trick only functions against things with a single wound. And what is S4 going to do against T5-T7? What you want is massed autocanons: wound T5 on 2+, AP4 ignore most Mechanicum saves.
Too bad the SA is like the Stormtroopers instead of like the Guard, meaning they get funky laser guns rather than big crew-served guns.
And the Militia lacks Platoons. WTF, FW?
>Probably the best primarch point for point especially since with Fulgrim your army can outflank 6 units, three of those on a pre-selected turn and the other three get rerolls and shit for coming in from reserves.
You read that from 1d4chan?

Anons, I must take the role of Traitor. I originally was going to fluff My Dudes as Loyalist Iron Warriors, but now that I've got ny friend to start up a 30k army with me, he's fallen in love with Raven Guard and the idea that traitors are lame.

I must prove him wrong, and become the villain of our stories!

Eh, it does give me a wonderful opportunity to do some narrative campaigns, with my Grand Company hunting down the remains of his Chapter/whatever RG call them, after Istvaan V.

Could even introduce the rules and such by playing Strike Forces as well, sort of a prologue thing going on would be cool.

Adding on to that, does anyone have/can someone make a higher quality pdf of the Strike Forces rules? The last one I saw was a wee bit too grainy for my liking, but I'll accept it anyways.

Totally gonna use the MkII guy with that two-handed Thunder Hammer as an Artificer Praetor though. Too cool, man.

Be a compelling villain.

Don't just be "LE SO RANDOM AND EVIL LOLOLOL!"

Have motivations for your dudes. Have them turn against the Emperor with reasonable intentions, even if these are corrupted later on. Maybe even have them do some good if you see fit.

But then start taking things too far. Human rights violations, etc. When the good guys still think they're good, they're REALLY awesome to take down (in an emotionally awful sort of way).

Do what you must, user. Maybe make them realize they are doing the wrong thing, but it's too late to go back. Angron was dumb and then ADB said "he's tragic, he's against the Emperor, not with Horus" and fixed him.

>About their massive blasts
You get rerolls to armour saves with reinforced void armour or whatever. Plus your army can theoretically field up to 18 tanks and due to low unit costs can feasibly field them.

>all their wounds and being so tough lascguns are useless.
Blast chargers make your lasguns strength 6, volkite chargers are strength 5, volkite demi-culverins are strength 7 heavy 5 and each tank can take up to two multilasers (str 6 heavy 3) plus if you squadron your heavy support russes they are BS 4.

If I knew I was facing robot mechanicum at 3k points I would probably field something like

6x Lasrifle Section with Blast Chargers: 720 Points

3x Leman Russ Incinerator squadrons with 3 tanks each (pintle and hull multilaser each): 1845 Points

A little over 2500 points, spend the rest on some lightnings and an HQ

Army as a whole has 120 infantry men and puts out
>120 BS 3 strength 6 shots per turn
>54 BS 4 strength 6 shots per turn
>48 BS 4 strength 7 shots per turn
Against T 7 robots that's 48 wounds per turn, with a 3+ save that's 16 unsaved wounds per turn or 4 castellax dead. None of this includes deflagrate. Other options

>Replace Incinerators with LRBTs for fewer shots but higher strength and AP 3 plus they can be fast for a turn or something
>Replace incinerators with executioners for multiple AP 2 blasts at close range
>Replace lasrifle sections with velatris storm sections, lower strength but deflagrate wounds add up especially with overwhelming numbers and against his troops that can actually take objectives
>Use defence lines for cover (2+ when they go to ground) and quad guns
>Use your mutilated Ogryn to absorb fire and charge into his robots, ripping them apart with tons of str 6 AP 3 attacks that can be pseudo rending and instant death

>Don't just be "LE SO RANDOM AND EVIL LOLOLOL!"
Haha! Yeah, definitely going to try and steer clear away from that. I'm our group's Forever DM, so I always strive to improve my story telling abilities. I've also always wanted to try my hand at writing, so there's that.

>Have motivations for your dudes. Have them turn against the Emperor with reasonable intentions, even if these are corrupted later on. Maybe even have them do some good if you see fit.

>But then start taking things too far. Human rights violations, etc. When the good guys still think they're good, they're REALLY awesome to take down (in an emotionally awful sort of way).
Hmmm... I'll need to think on these. I have some very basic ideas so far, and an only slightly more original backstory for My Dudes, now that I must cast them as Traitors.

Here's what I have so far, subject to change.

Their Grand Company was lost during the Hrud Wars, and declared dead. Later on, they were able to regroup with the IV Legion, old and withered, bitter and beaten, but not defeated. They became as bitter old men are wont to do, cold and heartless, even more so than their brothers of the IV were known for. Their Praetor's face had became wrinkled, his hair white, and his heart frozen. He and his bodyguards donned helms in the shape of Iron Skulls, a sign of utter loyalty and devotion to the Lord of Iron himself, believing what had happened to them to be a failure. And failure would not be tolerated.

I'd paint their armor and weapons as worn and battle damaged, with mud/dirt bases and grimy/dusty effects on them. I'd try to make bare heads look 'old', maybe greying hair on helmetless marines, perhaps?

Indeed, Brother Scorpion. Indeed.

What do you think of it so far? Any siggestions?

Also, I need the rules for Strike Forces, since I accidently deleted the pdf I had.

Im the only one that posts this pdf, its grainy but its readable.

>About their massive blasts,
You get rerolls to armour saves with reinforced void armour or whatever

I hope you do know that the only blast weapon Mechanicum playes seem to take is the Str 8 AP 2 one. Not many armoursaves to be had there

Thanks mate, you're the best. If you can make a higher quality one, I'll be sure to repost it as much as possible as thanks!

Oh, what's this?

Oh, cool! Thanks again, mate!

Just realized that I don't know/probably can't post pdfs from phone. Sorry user. My only thanks is my gratitude!

>Their Grand Company was lost during the Hrud Wars, and declared dead. Later on, they were able to regroup with the IV Legion, old and withered, bitter and beaten, but not defeated. They became as bitter old men are wont to do, cold and heartless, even more so than their brothers of the IV were known for. Their Praetor's face had became wrinkled, his hair white, and his heart frozen. He and his bodyguards donned helms in the shape of Iron Skulls, a sign of utter loyalty and devotion to the Lord of Iron himself, believing what had happened to them to be a failure. And failure would not be tolerated.
>I'd paint their armor and weapons as worn and battle damaged, with mud/dirt bases and grimy/dusty effects on them. I'd try to make bare heads look 'old', maybe greying hair on helmetless marines, perhaps?
YES
E
S
Bitter grandpas so ruthless even Golg would blush.
>There is only the Lord of Iron's mission.
Isn't this an excerpt of HH3?

Bitter vet marines has a lot of room to expand on. Maybe a Vietnam sort of theme, "why are we even here" deal.

Full Metal Jacket: the legion would be pretty cool.

Think the rules are in book 3

Aw, thanks mates! Makes me feel a lot better about it now.

>Isn't this an excerpt of HH3?
Looks like it, actually. Even has page numbers.

>Who's still holding Terra
Just because something is yellow and has a fist on its shoulder doesn't make it an Imperial Fist.

>Bitter grandpas
DID SOMEONE SAY... BITTER GRANDPAS!?

Iron Warriors, "Wrath of Bitter Grandpas"

-HQ
Delegatus, 65

Forgelord, 85

Primus Medicae, 95

-Troops
4x Dreadnought Talon, 375 (1500)
+DCCW, free
+Plasma Blaster, 20 (80)
Total, 1580

Dreadnought Talon, 125
+DCCW, free
+Plasma Blaster, 20
Total, 145

Complete Total, 1970

While that list is disgusting, and isn't as funny anymore, it is made better by the fact Al walked right into that one.

Hmmm.... To have my Praetor/Warsmith feel extra old, how snowflakey would it be to have him as one of the oldest remaining Terran IW? Before Perturabo? After?

But who do you think those Dreads used to be back when they were whole?
There's a reason why the Praetor tasked both the Forgelord and the Primus Medicae to make sure the Ancients take their medicine on time without ever missing a dose. A medicine which curiously contains a high amount of amnessiacs.
It's because, like those War veterans in rest homes, it makes them forget.
It's because a pill a day keeps treachery away.
>We were bitter...

We really need higher quality pdfs of these.

Weirdly enough all the IWs I've seen are overweight neckbeards. About 4 of them total. Theres only 1 IF player where i live and he's pretty bro tier.

To bad nothing compares to SoH

Moderate snowflake.

But no matter what you do, make sure you have at least one Storm Eagle.

>two young legionaires are in the storm eagle on the way to a battle
>storm eagle gunner is idly mowing down civillians of the agri-world they're fighting on, muttering "get some! yeah! come on, get some!" as the heavy bolter rattles
>at one point he shouts out "AHA! GET SOME BABY!"
>the two new guys are visibly distressed
>he looks at them and says
>"ANYONE WHO RUNS IS A LOYALIST. ANYONE WHO STANDS STILL IS A WELL DISCIPLINED LOYALIST! HAHA!""
>seeing one of the young men has a servo-skull camera:
>"Hey, maybe you should do a story on me sometime! I'm so fuckin good! That ain't no shit neither. I done got me 157 dead loyalists killed. And 50 grox buffalo too! They were all certified!"
>"Any abhumans or servitors?"
>"Sometimes."
>"How could you shoot abhumans and servitors?!"
>"Easy! YOU JUST DON'T LEAD EM AS MUCH! AHAHAHA! AIN'T WAR HELL?"

>Know 1 IW player
>He's a thin trap with wide hips, who's trying to get my dick
>mfw I play Imperial Fists.

user

you know what that is?

a cage

Yes it is, because I already have a boyfriend, who makes a convincing trap, who also plays Imperial Fists.

>He is from the first generation of Astartes, even before the XIIth was named "The War Hounds", yet looks younger than most Initiates! Apothecaries hate him, here's his secret...

How about he was an Incaladion survivor. Wasn't TORQUILL Eliphas a mere tactical sergeant at the time of the Heresy? What an introductory experience that your first mission as a newly promoted sergeant was a tactical failure forced by distant Terra's hand, accompanied by the most bitter celebration of that phyrric victory:

Decimation.

The orphaned remnants of the Old Winged Bolt inherited from Terra only shackles, learned from their father ruthlessness and were thrown to the maw of an uncaring galaxy.
Not to further the Imperium's cause through Compliance or fortresses, but by burning xenos so horrifying no other men were up to the task. Again and again and again. And he who fights monsters...
And the day after the rebellion of their most sacred bastion, Olympia, even before the ashes cool down, the Warmaster extends their Primarch and them a chance of freedom...

Ok, you definitely must consider a Storm Eagle with a Shrapnel Quad Bolter. That scene is great, youtube.com/watch?v=S06nIz4scvI

I know how to fix Shrapnel bolters! AP5, but they gain Shell Shock and Ignores Cover.

How's this for a Strike Force?

>Bitter Extermination Company

>Leader
Delegatus, 65
+Master Crafted Thunder Hammer, 25
+Artificer Armor, 10
Role: Duellist

>Hero
Legion Veteran Sergeant, 22
+Artificer Armor, 10
+Power Axe, 10
+Weapons Master, +1WS, Free
Total, 42
Role: Slayer

Completel Total, 142

Bonus of 4 points towards the Strike Force.

>Strike Force
14xLegion Veteran, 12 (168)
+Power Axe, 10 (140)
+Weapons Master, Free
Total, 308

>Moderate Snowflake
The one thing I wanted to avoid. Oh well!

>That Greentext
Forgive me, but I know not what you reference.

I like this. I like this a lot.

I do like the Storm Eagle model, to be honest. Might get one in the future.

>Forgive me, but I know not what you reference.
->
> youtube.com/watch?v=S06nIz4scvI

>Power Axes, what are those again?
>Check BRB
>+1S AP2 Unwieldy
>Pretty much discount Power Fists
Tasty, but they seem like overkill. Though, it does make them fair by making your dudes I1? Maybe?

I'm bored, so I decided to make a 10k list. I want to be clear that I have no intentions of actually making said list, but I'm curious about what I can fit in it. At that point, do I follow a force org chart? Do I just double or triple the chart? Do I do whatever the fuck I want? I'm not sure how it works at such high points.

You'd need the raws for that.

Most of the time if you're past ~3.5/4k, balance and structure gets guillotined. In practical terms, people just go unbound and throw shit on the table.

Fair enough. Thanks.

Oh, FMJ! Nice. Also, checked!
I haven't seen FMJ.

I dunno mate. But they're some nice can-openers for sure!

Mate, I can make a 7k list using only 1 HQ, all my Elites slots, and 2 Troops. Might be a little less than 7k. You can top 10k easy.

I think I remember chaos making squadrons of 10 Warhound Titans?

Whoops, just realized that I marked the Delegatus as Leader and the Sergeant as Hero.

Now I'm wondering which legion would be the best/coolest for a 'nam-style world/campaign?

Bio-phage Mist-clad Death Guard would be good I imagine, playing the role of the Americans with their rainbow herbicides (though being Death Guard are from Albia aka Britain, maybe the Malayan Emergency is a better fit - jungle war against communists, including chemical defoliants, but the non-communist side won. Iron Warriors hail from the US iirc, and they fit too, spamming phosphex artillery and being bitter)

Maybe make it that his ravenguard were the ones told to assault the fortress by charging at its machine gun nests, or snickered at by iron warriors and given the mk 6 to try out. Your grand company was fine with settling rivalry as the two had spared before, but they just thought it was elaborate blood games and not fully fledged war against humanity. And so you could make them slowly into descend into chaos worship, or try to develop technology which would bring on their enemies the bitter pain they had endured but not been awarded for

Any of those sound good?

If you still hold terra then why did it take you the 11th hour to get rid of goge vandire
How else do you develop the most efficient weapons store without good maths tho
The star for surviving the decimation
January
>on the first day of our Lord I would like to announce Inferno, as proof that Magnus did nothing wrong
Because only sons of Horus are allowed pyramid spikes duh, nothing for the iron fourth
But seriously is there anywhere apart from sons of Horus kits that you can get those kind of spikes
>mixing mk3 and mk4
it's like you don't even understand how isotopes work
>9 quad mortars
I know you're death guard but still that's quite dickish

Kinda similar to dantioch, but if you make it a fully encasing iron mask then that'd be okay, and you could have it as their warp jump was miscalculated and so they were trapped in the middle of the hrud, and so that's why their ship didn't join up straight after the hrud had been cleansed, you could also work in a friendly rogue trader that gave them a lift this way

Alternatively they could be a grand company that was almost annihilated by the black judges and pertuabo made sure that they weren't disbanded as they or their warsmith did something to piss pertuabo off, and so they exist to show what happens when you disobey the siege breakers orders

Alright, 10k list user here. I feel disgusting because there are 5 Spartans, 7 Sicarans, 2 Fellblades, a Falchion, and 2 Mastodons. Is this how cancer feels?

Great puns, but still I am visibly disturbed right now, please tell me it isn't like pic related
We really need to post images and files of an unlimited size, but unfortunately Veeky Forums was designed in a bygone age
If he's survived since terra then he'd be pretty fucking high up the chain of command, or has been garrisoned soon after the black judges battles, as attrition rates were high among all ranks of the iron warriors

Phophex and flamers baby. Smells like victory.

Thanks, I need 1 sicaran also.

Are vindicators worth it? DG likes the demolisher kind but I do not feel like I need more anti infantry. Also forgot I want a derdeo also. Might do the super lascannons on it since I am light on anti armor. Which flyer is better xiphon or lightning?

Iron warriors fits for NZ artillery in 'Nam as well due to all the ff incidents with the Aussies we had.

Holy emperor that pic ... Time for the mind bleach

I'm building a blood angel army to represent the forces who took part int he defense of terra. I have a couple questions.

I want to mix in some MK VII parts into the MKIV marines. Who would have been most likely to have them? Only sergeants/veterans? Or was it just given to anyone who needed replacement armour.

How common were modern boxnoughts?

Was indomitus in use by the siege of terra? Im planning to use the plastic tartaros that are coming, but i thought a praetor in it might be cool.

Best loadout for preds? These shits get EXPENSIVE fucking fast.