Gm screen thread

I made a new gm screen

Other urls found in this thread:

rpgnow.com/product/175521/White-Star-Companion-Swords--Wizardry
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Continued

What are you GMing? Dawn of the Soda Wars: Last Sons of Coke edition?

Folded up

Action shot. End of photos.

Upgrades to do:

Write the rules of Dawn of The Soda Wars into the cardboard directly, and replace the 5e sheets with binder folders instead.

>he actually buys his gm screens

>advertising junkfood lifestyle on your gm screen
Disgusting.

I don't use GM screens.

And the question is more about what system he's using - it looks like it might be pathfinder, but I can't make it out.

Can you really believe there are people in this world who think GMs shouldn't use GMing screens? How much of a faggot do you have to be to think the GM shouldn't make rolls in secret?

>5e sheets with binder folders instead.

Ah, 5E.

Suggested upgrades:

Paint the back of the screen, or even both sides of it. The colours are a little garish and could distract. If you paint it a base black, you could later paint artwork on it.

I wouldn't write the rules straight onto the cardboard. You'd be better off attaching plastic pockets to them so you can mix and max different rules/games as you need them.

> How much of a faggot do you have to be to think the GM shouldn't make rolls in secret?

Do you tell your players what ever roll means as you make the roll? Or do your players believe that the rolls are the final result rather than what you say?

What I did is go get some of those three ring binder sleeves and cut off the '3 hole punched' part and just glued those to my screen. They make nice pockets that you can just slide rules in and out. They each hold about three pages, which is nice.

The omnissiah's divine inspiration says I have to if I want all my rolls to be truely random. It seems okay to covered it up all with electrical or duct tape though. Most likely the next cheap stage.

Better to buy one than use half-assed one like in the OP.

Sounds good, mate.

Good job on the GM Screen Done Cheap.

Next you need to make Cheap Dice.

Is it? Why?

Nice. First time I used a screen I just grabbed a chunk of cardboard and propped it up. The thing has lasted through a full campaign and several oneshots and now I don't want to replace it.

>couldn't be bothered to use unmarked cardboard

Where should I go for a good-looking, sturdy GM-screen?

What sort of elitist hobo complains about someone's random piece of cardboard?

Aesthetics and atmosphere.

It would be so easy to make it not look like shit, and combined with the setting of his kitchen it's going to give off some strong gross neckbeard poverty vibes. Even if he won't look after his image, someone's got to.

5e. One of the charts is weapons/armor and their broken down into very distinctive groups. Especially armor. If someone has the images themselves I'd appreciate it.

He didn't say buy one. How about a medium of effort to make one that doesn't appear to be made of trash.

fyi it's modicum of effort
inb4 merely pretending doggy dog world etc. etc.

looks like it fits the trash in the rest of the room.
also:
>D&D
>absolutelydisgusting.png

Sounds kickass. Would play.

>dare you enter my carbonated lair?

Who cares about rolls, whether we see the die or not is irrelevant, i just don't want to accidentally glimpse a map my DM worked on, or see notes for things going, or particular monster entries while we walk around.

Die rolls are the LEAST important part of a DMs tools to keep secret.

Go on...what else are we talking, here?

For maps how bug should your screen be?

You can make a perfect customizable GM screen for 5$, get rid of that trash

GM screen adds to the mystery of what is happening, i don't care if he's just knitting behind the screen it helps with IMMERSION.

>Not being able to see my GM's face helps with IMMERSION

You play online a lot, don't you?

How high of a GM screen are you imagining now? Think before you post.

Just get a couple cheap binders, plastic inserts, and some binder clips. Holds together nicely, you can pin pages with the extra binder clips, and it can fold up and store easily in a bag.
Cost me about $5 and an hour to make.

Good choice of material. Cheap and reasonably durable. Just don't be alarmed when the players stare; they aren't trying to peek. It is just the energy fields radiating from the Pepsi logo distorting their line-of-sight to meet with the Pepsi.

Google 5e custom dm screen
Its on reddit

My thanks

>Where should I go for a good-looking, sturdy GM-screen?
Bumping my own question.

I'm in the market for a GM screen. What do?

This is a pretty good point, especially if you're using minis or any kind of prop.

Mostly, though, I want a screen just because it's the most convenient way to have reference stuff close at hand. If I really need to I can flip through the books, but it's not ideal, and having photocopies or printouts in a sheaf or pile is just asking for them to get mixed up or lost just when you need them.

10level in coka 5 in root beer

this is the only screen you need for any system ever

>not rocking this for 25 years

Pics?

Clean your fucking house.

Any cardboard box should do.

Why not just wear trash bags instead of clothes? Cheaper, easier, and you never have to wash them.

A wizard cursed my family and now every night after I clean the kitchen, the mess grows again.

Welp. I know what I'm replacing sodawars DM screen with ASAP. In the future.

If I can find a vertical Master of Ceremonies sheet for AW2.

In other words, only issue I have with this is that you have to have vertical prints for it. But at the same time, you can just do two horizontal to a vert if you're okay with small text.

I know what I'm doing next time I'm running rules lite.

Cat pissed in the box when I was a kid. Lost all paper parts except the cards and rules which were in the xpac box.

Basic Fantasy RPG?

kek

Well, if you don't mind I'll just pop in for a bit.

Anyone have the White Star Companion?
rpgnow.com/product/175521/White-Star-Companion-Swords--Wizardry

Cheap clipboards, duct tape, glue punch pockets to outside and slip in thematically appropriate artwork (or player reference info in large type). Use clipboard clips on inside to attach DM reference info.

>not mtn dew boxes.
Op, you've failed.

I don't own any rum.

You, my friend, are the envy of all the cheap-ass nerds.