Lizardfolk

Okay Veeky Forums,
I asked this before with mixed results, so pardon me if I over-explain:
In my settings, all races have developed from previous races. Both Dragonborn and kobolds are descended from a blending of dragon and human essence. There has been a great deal of development / evolution between the dragons and the current humanoid races. My issue is that there is a role of brutish, unthinking, violent, and tribal race of lizard-folk that I'm having trouble connecting to draconic lineage.
In short, how can keep the beastial, lizard aspects of lizard-folk without having anything other than a warm-blooded draconic race to draw from?
My "beast-men" race is decidedly mammalian, so I can't squeeze them in there.

>inb4 unrelated SAD

I hate myself for saying this
ayyyy lmao

Jesus Christ, it's fucking fantasy. Make it work.

This. Your setting isn't getting marked.

If you must come up with something, just say they're descended from Wyverns. That'd fuck shit up, it turns out Wyverns are the 'original' Dragons, and the stuffy haughty bastards are actually an offshoot of them..

If it's D&D, have them be descended from White dragons, who are notoriously stupid and violent. Make them pale green even.

Wyverns are a primitive race descended from dragons.
Dragons look down on them because the are only as intelligent as humans.
Humanoid races believe wyverns are young dragons because they don't know better and dragons are rare and off licking wounds after an apocalyptic ear.
But your idea is good too.

>Literally anything
>It's magic, I don't have to explain shit.
Exactly everything I am avoiding.
Bu thanks.

>ayyyy lmao
At first I was confused, but after moment I got it.
In my setting, that would mean demons.
Lizard Demons.
>I'mListening.jpg

It's not D&D, but it is directly inspired from Forgotten Realms.
Chromatic rules don't apply.

Include a race of dumb, violent dragons then.

If dragonborn come from regular dragons + humans and are roughly human-ish in intelligence, what stops dumb lizardmen being a similar thing but from wyverns?

Though lizard demons sounds cool

Gonna call "including the dumb, hooligan race of dragons" plan B.
I need a reason for things to make sense, even if that reason is Alien Lizard Demons.

Say the primordial dragon king had a boorish son he hated acknowledging. For his disgraces he got one too many kicks in the head and only knew how to lash out in anger and impatience.
Would need to know how dragons came about to make a dragon for you.

>Would need to know how dragons came about to make a dragon for you.
Well, it's a bit of a secret in setting, but I'm not gain enough to think posting this matters.
>The world was forged by the elder gods as a glorified teambuilding exercise.
>Monkeys evolved and everybody loves them.
>Each God says they can build a better monkey.
>Contest among competitive Gods ensues
>The God later called the Wind God creates the race of Dragons.
>All races develop naturally as per "rules"
>Dragons arguably the most successful race, despite the dominance of what eventually becomes the human race.
>The oldest Dragons are the oldest beings, but most have fucked off.
>The ones that remain recently fought a war for the fate of the world(despite being territorial), won, and everybody that was close enough to know about it died.

>what stops dumb lizardmen being a similar thing but from wyverns?
1. Dragonborn and wyvern were created at the same time.
2. I am working to keep Lizardmen from being "dumb dragonborn with tails" and being cold-blooded reptilians helps.

>Say the primordial dragon king had a boorish son he hated acknowledging. For his disgraces he got one too many kicks in the head and only knew how to lash out in anger and impatience.
Btw, this is not half bad as an Alien Lizard Demon race origin.

Hopeful bump

A wizard did it.

I need more.
See >>Literally anything
>>It's magic, I don't have to explain shit.
>Exactly everything I am avoiding.
>But thanks.

I just found out that bacon fried celery is exactly as good as it sounds.
Off-topic. Sorry.

I get that you want to stroke your worldbuilding ego by having some contrived donut steel background for the 2345234th race of lizardmen in fiction, but I promise it's not going to be worth the effort.

Make these people interesting because of the things they actually do, not because of the background you have on them.

Also, you're completely misinterpreting
>Make it work.

It doesn't mean that you don't have to explain shit. It means that any explanation you can come up with that is thematically similar to the rest of your little fantasy will be sufficient.

I get that you want everyone to get interested in your setting, but this is Veeky Forums. Homebrewed settings aren't rare or special. We're not going to spend the time and effort required to get a proper feel for the millionth fantasy setting we've seen just to answer one inconsequential question you could just as well answer yourself.

Draw a comparison between Dragonborn and Lizardfolk.

Maybe some terrible event split the precursor race up, with one remaining civilized and appearing very Draconic, while the other had to exist in a savage land and became very bestial in appearance and culture to adapt.

And they don't even remember where they came from, so they saw large reptiles and decided "we are Lizardfolk" never realizing that they are directly related to Dragons.

Have lizardfolk be descended from "dragons" that have more similarities with crocodile/alligators then your typical dragon, and they just kept going that way.

This thing.

Into this thing. Or something similar.

There is decent material so far to draw inspiration from.

>Make these people interesting because of the things they actually do, not because of the background you have on them.
This is always good advice.
I just am adamant in that no setting feature "just *is*".
Everything has to make some kind of sense.